The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will we ever learn why there are gender warframes?

TheUnknownD

I'm really hoping in a quest like the sacrifice will finally tell us why there are male and female warframes.

Or was it in one of the previous quests that told us but i simply forgot?

I like to think that warframes are just robot humans and they are empty in the inside and we (The operators) Fill their insides. ❤ and our insides are inside us but its now inside the robot human thing too.

Edited by TheUnknownM

Because the warframes are designed for their Operators.

So when the Orokin decided to make a warframe for a girl, they would design said warframe to have a female appearance.

'Cause yeah, they're just skins, warframe don't actually have a gender, at least until The Sacrifice comes out to tell us more about that.

I don't remember where i heard this but, warframes are the children of the ten-0 zariman. The last line of defence from the sentient. So the Orokin built the exo-skeleton around them and later produced them in numbers. I could be wrong but that's what I think I heard.

Found it "The Tenno were created in an incident long before the war, during the so-called "Void Era", when a ship called the Zariman Ten Zero became involved in a void-jump accident that sent it lost in the chaotic sub-dimensional space known as the Void. When the ship reemerged from the Void and was recovered years later, the only survivors found were children, whose exposure to the Void's energies had twisted and changed them, giving them inexplicable powers and abilities. Feared and reviled, the survivors of the Zariman nonetheless were of great interest to the Orokin." It's in the wiki for the Tenno

Edited by harbingerofdawn

There's not really any evidence that warframes are built for particular tenno (or that the gender is relevant). Rather, all of the Ballas voiceovers for the primed frames seem to imply that he's doing a full on sales-pitch of a product, and that everything including the gender is just part of how it was designed.

Though it could very well be different then how the original zariman warframe/tenno came to be.

Edited by rapt0rman

Really, for all we know, the kids didn't have any say in anything, at all. And were going to pilot what the Orokin gave them, whether they wanted to or not.

28 minutes ago, Corvid said:

The Warframes are equal parts army and Art piece, designed to appeal to the Orokin obsession with aesthetics.

And this.

9 minutes ago, Clem2-TheClemening said:

It's possible that the original Warframes were made out of people. Mirage Prime's trailer hints at this, off the top of my head.

And this. Though it's still a theory. And depending on how far you follow the theory it gets a bit more... Evangelion...

Shinji, get in the robot...that's made out of your mother!

Edited by rapt0rman

2 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Because SJW

This makes no sense in the context of the topic.  "Will DE tell us why Mag has boobs?"  Social Justice Warriors.  It's like asking why someone gave you an orange and they responded with aliens.  

1 minute ago, hazerddex said:

why do you care?

I care because it's more lore.

Was Mag Prime one of the moms from the Zarimon-10-O, who's corpse was used to make a Warframe?  Or was she some hapless teen who wasn't chosen at the Yunvan theater and was tossed to some waiting scientist who wanted to experiment on her?

4 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

This makes no sense in the context of the topic.  "Will DE tell us why Mag has boobs?"  Social Justice Warriors.  It's like asking why someone gave you an orange and they responded with aliens.  

I care because it's more lore.

Was Mag Prime one of the moms from the Zarimon-10-O, who's corpse was used to make a Warframe?  Or was she some hapless teen who wasn't chosen at the Yunvan theater and was tossed to some waiting scientist who wanted to experiment on her?

they were mostlikely biologicaly grown. a lot of the infested have hinted that your warframes and they are one and the same.

just look how the infested on your ship treats your warframe and your orperator diffrently.

it sucks up to your warframe but the second you walk in as a tenno

it goes

DEMON CHILD!!!!

Edited by hazerddex

1 minute ago, hazerddex said:

they were mostlikely biologicaly grown. a lot of the infested have hinted that your warframes and they are one and the same.

And that would be fan theory, not DE provided, which is what I want.  

There is tons of headcanon to make fans "squee" but a lot of us want the information from DE, preferably in the form of quests and in game lore, like the Cephalon Fragments, Kuria and such.  

1 hour ago, rapt0rman said:

And this. Though it's still a theory. And depending on how far you follow the theory it gets a bit more... Evangelion...

Hide contents

Shinji, get in the robot...that's made out of your mother!

If i remember correctly after Second Dream Steve shown some concepts of how he visioned the sole idea of children Operators controling Warframes an there were some made of bunch photos from net croped to fit themselves. There were photos of Eva and Shinji.

28 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

And that would be fan theory, not DE provided, which is what I want.  

There is tons of headcanon to make fans "squee" but a lot of us want the information from DE, preferably in the form of quests and in game lore, like the Cephalon Fragments, Kuria and such.  

I'm confused....is in-game dialogue not DE provided? O_o

The Helminth literally comments on your Warframe in ways that, along with the Nidus storyline, and Operator comments on Infested being "Orokin experiments gone wrong", it leads us to believe Warframes are, at least in part, Infested tech.

I honestly believe that Warframes are like the Avatar of this universe.  They represent something from every faction.

They have Grineer clone-tech, plus armor.  Corpus Shield tech and the Technocyte, along with general high tech shtuff.  And Infested biology that helps them grow and heal fast.

Orokin explains the void channeling, and there you have it.  OP Weaponframes.  This explains why some Eximus units in different factions exhibit TRAITS of Warframes, but never contain COMPLETE sets of their skills.  Imitated, but never duplicated.

41 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

they were mostlikely biologicaly grown.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

I'm confused....is in-game dialogue not DE provided? O_o

The Helminth literally comments on your Warframe in ways that, along with the Nidus storyline, and Operator comments on Infested being "Orokin experiments gone wrong", it leads us to believe Warframes are, at least in part, Infested tech.

I honestly believe that Warframes are like the Avatar of this universe.  They represent something from every faction.

They have Grineer clone-tech, plus armor.  Corpus Shield tech and the Technocyte, along with general high tech shtuff.  And Infested biology that helps them grow and heal fast.

Orokin explains the void channeling, and there you have it.  OP Weaponframes.  This explains why some Eximus units in different factions exhibit TRAITS of Warframes, but never contain COMPLETE sets of their skills.  Imitated, but never duplicated.

You went far deeper than needed on only part of a conversation.  I was referring to their comment about how they were most likely done, not easily found in game content.

Edited by MagPrime

25 minutes ago, Tora.Prime said:

If help to make you feel better there is a pokemon prime named Arceus that don't have gender
latest?cb=20150601113031

Considering it's literally god it can do whatever it wants and bugger off :P

On topic: You could come up with a number of fan reasons such as; made in the orokin's image or there is a human ingredient to the creation of frames. It doesn't matter because it's not DE's word. However from a non-lore viewpoint giving the characters sexes makes them more relatable to the human players. To humans neutrality is mostly a questionable ground and confuses people. So to give characters sexes and appearances it gives them personality, which allows the audience to emphasize with them.

-Then you could say that this ties in with the product part of the frames. But again fan-theory.

Edited by Postal_pat