The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

INVATI REGALIA ONLY MEANT FOR TRIALS PLAYERS

(XBOX)b2

Soo. I thought your invati REGALIA were only for those who had completed a trial .yet everyone and there sister who even looked at it has the invati regalia? Soooooo. Pointless busting booty in the last days when I would of gotten it anyway. Yet again. Thinking of your vet players cheers

Edited by (XB1)Maaid
Misspell

Because a lot of players decided to do raids before they were gone? Seriously, I don't get what's so hard to realize that more players wanted to get in on them before they were retired. Your overreaction is unwarranted. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Maaid said:

Soo. I thought your invati REGALIA were only for those who had completed a trial .yet everyone and there sister who even looked at it has the invati regalia? Soooooo. Pointless busting booty in the last days when I would of gotten it anyway. Yet again. Thinking of your vet players cheers

people saw the regalia and instantly went to the rsb discord server to get carried through a single raid just to get that. 

1 minute ago, KubrowTamer said:

Also the fact that raids were easy and I don't get why DE even bothered to give something out for trivial dead underplayed bug filled content.

several problems with your statement there, 1 it wasn't really underplayed there was a whole server of over 15k members dedicated to raiding and to teaching others how they worked. 2 there wasn't really that many bugs at the end and it was totally playable even with the few bugs that did exist. a 3 it wasn't trivial either it was the closest thing there was to actual challenging content that you couldn't mindlessly go through alone without working with (at least) one other person (for jv)

Each of the raids rewarded the player with an exclusive emblem. That's your reward for completing each of the raids (plus the arcanes you got while doing them over the years).

If you want to show off the fact you completed the raids, just wear the exclusive raid emblems.

I appreciate getting a new regalia out of this, but at this point I see it more as a way to lessen the backlash associated with removing a gamemode some people enjoyed like "Hey kid, sorry for taking your allowance, but hey , have a sticker"....

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Maaid said:

IIRC, anyone who attempted a Raid got the Sekhara: my best Clannie only attempted a raid once and failed, whereas I've completed 2 raids. both of us got the Sekhara.

it's just a cosmetic. chill.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Time to play folks. Get your bingo card here:

tumblr_ns7me1AHkC1td8eo9o1_1280.png

well ill see what i can do, i cant technically say i quit since i still go online to manage clan. limbo is not overpowered but hes not really hard to use, i cant say to nerf anything (they already nerfed all my favorites) maybe nerf equinox? he still hits teh dmg cap in only a few waves of defense they shouldt bring back excal prime except maybe in archwing interception rotation c for a 1% drop rate for parts, though they should at least give a way to collect that mastery. i can say de sucks (at least in my opinion) ive long since lost hope in de making intelligent decisions about their player base rng is abysmal it took me over 80 runs to rotation 8 to get nova systems, and how do we know the lotus isnt evil? she DID convince space kids to kill an entire race. please buff chroma again i miss 1 hitting everything. honestly i dont like limbo but thats just me and my opinion

6 minutes ago, Licitaqua said:

several problems with your statement there, 1 it wasn't really underplayed there was a whole server of over 15k members dedicated to raiding and to teaching others how they worked. 2 there wasn't really that many bugs at the end and it was totally playable even with the few bugs that did exist. a 3 it wasn't trivial either it was the closest thing there was to actual challenging content that you couldn't mindlessly go through alone without working with (at least) one other person (for jv)

DE did state that every update they made seemed to break the Trials and while they hated to alienate and destroy the community that was built around it, the Trials were wasting extra resources and was no longer a direction that they wanted to go. Doesn't mean that we won't all miss it and it really sucks they took it out, but it's understandable in my opinion.

Just now, Gabenight7 said:

DE did state that every update they made seemed to break the Trials and while they hated to alienate and destroy the community that was built around it, the Trials were wasting extra resources and was no longer a direction that they wanted to go. Doesn't mean that we won't all miss it and it really sucks they took it out, but it's understandable in my opinion.

yet all of their data for it was tainted, while in recent updates teh game breaking bugs that 'supposedly' only affected raids were all due to poor programming around the tileset not the raid itself and would have to be fixed anyway to make that tileset work. raids just helped those bugs show faster due to the nature of having the same specific tiles in every mission 

13 minutes ago, Licitaqua said:

Sorry to say but 15k players just isn't that much in the scheme of things.  Doesn't mean they don't matter, just means....it's not enough to swing a decision in their favor.

If you had $38 and you had to choose between two shirts...one was better quality and didn't wrinkle, and one had to be ironed every wash....and the difference was a PENNY AND A HALF, or $0.015......which would you choose?

Well, in this case, there are now over 38 MILLION players.... 15k isn't even 1% of that...barely a fifth of a single percent.

So again, while I am not saying those players don't matter (they do) I just don't think anyone seems to be understanding how underplayed Trials really were.

Just now, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Sorry to say but 15k players just isn't that much in the scheme of things.  Doesn't mean they don't matter, just means....it's not enough to swing a decision in their favor.

If you had $38 and you had to choose between two shirts...one was better quality and didn't wrinkle, and one had to be ironed every wash....and the difference was a PENNY AND A HALF, or $0.015......which would you choose?

Well, in this case, there are now over 38 MILLION players.... 15k isn't even 1% of that...barely a fifth of a single percent.

So again, while I am not saying those players don't matter (they do) I just don't think anyone seems to be understanding how underplayed Trials really were.

what your not counting in that is the fact that a large number of players have 4-5 registered accounts, as well as all of the 'dead accounts' from players who went inactive clogging up those numbers, if you do the math assuming 50% of players have 2  accounts and of those left 25% are debunk accounts from inactives who lost interest or just stopped playing after 1 or 2 missions 15,000 players seems like a lot more, plus add to the fact that several years ago conclave suffered from the same problems that raids did, but instead of being removed to stop the drain they put in overtime to fix it and now spend a large portion of each patch to specifically update conclave

3 minutes ago, Licitaqua said:

yet all of their data for it was tainted, while in recent updates teh game breaking bugs that 'supposedly' only affected raids were all due to poor programming around the tileset not the raid itself and would have to be fixed anyway to make that tileset work. raids just helped those bugs show faster due to the nature of having the same specific tiles in every mission 

I'm fairly sure the devs are quite qualified here when it comes to identifying the cause of the bugs that were exclusive to the raids, seeing as how they were the ones always fixing them and they would keep coming back a few updates later, or a new one would show when a related mechanic was altered. Most of the remaining bugs and the raid breaking bugs were specifically on the raid unique tiles and mechanics as well. The removal based off of the endless cycle of bugs cropping up plus the lack of players running them, no a discord server of 15k players who were not all active all the time every day compared to all the game's daily active players doesn't compare much, was justified considering redesigned systems for raids are going to be made. Why waste resources keeping something like raids going when most people that completed them no longer ran them and the coding was so specific that even minor changes broke it over and over? Better to send it back to the drawing board and get something that could work better and appease the players that enjoyed what raids wanted to do?

From my experience as well, raids were never challenging after a run or two and the runs were dull with the lack of any differences between them outside of the current location of the rare containers. LoR was doable by one person doing the brunt of the work with the rest only providing pressure plate weights, and JV was carried by the 2 that went inside while everyone else was able to just play space soccer. Failure of the raids at that point rested on whether or not a breaking bug triggered. I'm sure DE saw this trend and the complaints and saw that beyond the bugs the raids just weren't doing what was intended of them.

24 minutes ago, Licitaqua said:

15 minutes ago, Licitaqua said:

what your not counting in that is the fact that a large number of players have 4-5 registered accounts, as well as all of the 'dead accounts' from players who went inactive clogging up those numbers, if you do the math assuming 50% of players have 2  accounts and of those left 25% are debunk accounts from inactives who lost interest or just stopped playing after 1 or 2 missions 15,000 players seems like a lot more, plus add to the fact that several years ago conclave suffered from the same problems that raids did, but instead of being removed to stop the drain they put in overtime to fix it and now spend a large portion of each patch to specifically update conclave

What? Who has more than 1 account, maybe 2 to start from the beginning? This doesn't match with anything that DE has released, let alone them flat out saying it was because of low engagement.

Edited by peterc3

14 minutes ago, Licitaqua said:

Assuming 50% of accounts are alts is a baseless guess and is a terrible way to start your argument. Then assuming how many of them quit is likewise entirely a blind guess on your end.