Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Endless Kuva Survival & Kuva Guardian Changes!

corpuskiller20

@[DE]Sheldon A Kuva Siphon will on Avg take like 4-6mins and gives 600-700 kuva give or take. getting at least 3 Harvesters will take at least the same amount of time but will give just less Kuva. 250-300 Kuva would be a perfect amount of kuva per a Harvester as it will give on avg at least 750-900 Kuva per the 3 Harvesters.

Honestly 275 Kuva would be the best middle ground of the Siphon and Floods which you want to go for... least i hope is the idea.

1 hour ago, [DE]Sheldon said:

200 Kuva is awarded per Kuva Harvester- this value is still subject to change with continued testing/feedback.

Ok, so we're negotiating to meet in the middle? 

I say 10k Kuva, we both laugh so I get more reasonable with 1k and mandatory +200 scaling per each successive extractor.

So how does one define skillful execution of survival missions?
Killing enough things to get life support without using up towers.
This is normally amplified by using looter frames.
My suggestion is as follows:
1. Kill for a catalyst
2. Turn a Life support tower into a Kuva Generator (1 minute lifetime, forces next life support tower to drop within 2 minutes)
3. Have all life support drops be kuva bottles instead.
(4 extra idea). Have the lore concept of this be a process of turning live matter into kuva (or something),
    which is done with some form of field that is straight up harmful. Gameplay effect:
    A kuva generator deals ticking damage within (x, suggestion: 50)m, which is the

kuva conversion area. This damage scales up with the ongoing survival difficulty.

This way killing pacing is rewarded, and then use the fissure type bonus system to increase
the kuva rewarded per pickup at every 5 minute mark. Pickup reward is a tweaking manner.

Oh no.... There's some issues here
1) Given how often LS towers spawn, this is going to be slower than even running siphons. you can finish most missions in 3-4 minutes. that's only a couple of these new kuva extractors or whatever at best. this'll end up being slower than siphons, unless luck with missions is horrid. 

2) Not scaling health or kuva rewarded makes for terrible incentives to continue. Kuva fortress survival is "hard" for most players. enemies are tanky (armour), have high damage (napalms, flaming butchers), and the turrets everywhere are an extra concern you usually don't have to worry about. Add in defending kuva harvesters, and most people will likely have trouble, especially without LS towers. To make this worth it for people as opposed to just going 5-10 mins and leaving or doing siphons/floods, there has to be a reason to do so. Making the harvesters so squishy a lvl 70 bombard can one shot em (i would imagine that'll probably be the case) is not how to do that. The only way ppl keep extractors up in excavation is hard CC. and you don't want that in survival, cause you need enemies to be coming to you to kill for LS. more so without ls towers (or at least as many). These need to be able to take hits as you go through the whole mission. Again, as with all endless missions now, there needs to be some reward to keep going. there will be no reason for almost all players (some, like me, just like endless cause everything else is boring, but we are the VAST minority, even among vets I find). Scaling kuva does that, and also would solve the issue with this likely not being as rewarding. Especially since as enemies get tankier, and harder to kill, you will need more LS towers since you are killing slower and getting less LS, and this means less harvesters.

3) not sure if i like the guardian change. i had no issues figuring it out (literally explained in TWW), and i'd rather have a more complex enemy than one that's just tankier instead. 

Yeah idk after reading this, i have mixed feelings about this 

i'd Rather let the Community itself decide in idk some kind of Poll with Set Kuva Rewards 

Overall Kuva Gain needs a look at 

Not worth it at all without Resource Booster ( Sortie 6k Kuva aren't Even 2 Rerolls, like Cmon ) Just give Kuva Floods / Siphons an Overhaul 

1 hour ago, (PS4)NatK98 said:

Endless Kuva looks great. I have one request though.
Please think about scaling kuva the further you go. It just simply won't be worth it otherwise. Keep up the great work :smile:

Keep Kuva Survival similar to Fissure Survival, we want a scaling Kuva drop to entice longer missions, instead of (complete Xm of survival and extract so enemies scale down again).

Honestly, looks pretty good, but I’m rather disappointed with the removal of the maze-like tiles, they were part of the reason why the Kuva Fortress was my favorite tileset to run.

Granted, now I actually have a reason to run it, but it’s saddening regardless

- 200 kuva is too low for the time put in compared to do normal kuva missions and their refresh times
- Not scalling the kuva reward is kinda dumb imo, the harder the enemies we should get better rewards

A kuva flood is 1.2k kuva unboosted. Thats 6 towers. with the spawn rates of the towers, it would be way more efficient and faster than doing all the kuva missions and by the time u finish the last one, you will get new ones already.

Make Kuva Scale!!!
(Make Ember scale, MAKE THINGS SCALE)

So... more risk and same rewards? No, thanks.

This is really discouraging for an endless run, given that the longer the run, the longer it takes for life supports to spawn.

So far, I think I'd only run that if we have void fissures in kuva or if kuva survival worked like void fissures, where you're actually rewarded with boosters and additional relics for going those extra miles.

21 minutes ago, Hopeofhell said:

@[DE]Sheldon A Kuva Siphon will on Avg take like 4-6mins and gives 600-700 kuva give or take. getting at least 3 Harvesters will take at least the same amount of time but will give just less Kuva. 250-300 Kuva would be a perfect amount of kuva per a Harvester as it will give on avg at least 750-900 Kuva per the 3 Harvesters.

Honestly 275 Kuva would be the best middle ground of the Siphon and Floods which you want to go for... least i hope is the idea.

This is given that you have a cat and a booster. I think it would be better to have the amount of kuva rewarded scale with either time or number of extractors completed. 

2 hours ago, [DE]Sheldon said:

• 200 Kuva is awarded per Kuva Harvester- this value is still subject to change with continued testing/feedback. Considering the Endless Survival aspect, this number will allow Kuva Survival to sit in the middle between Kuva Siphon and Kuva Flood in regards to the amount of Kuva rewarded. Tenno who want a quicker Kuva routine can still play Siphon or Flood missions, but those who want to acquire this Resource via familiar gameplay (with a twist) can jump into an Endless Kuva Survival! 
  • Kuva awarded per successful Kuva Harvester does not increase as the Endless Survival mission progresses. Our intent is for Kuva Survival to mimic the mechanic of Excavation/Defense with the intensity of Survival.

What's the point of staying a long time in endless survival anymore? This was your chance to bring back the charm of long survival runs like the old void, but the mark has been missed. I was excited, but I guess the kuva fortress will still be empty.

Given that capsules don't spawn every minute during survival, and there's a triggering system associated with using the kuva filter, it's safe to say that the actual kuva gained will be much less than 200 per minute.  IIRC, capsule spawn rates drop as the mission progresses, while enemy scaling makes personal LS drops slower as well.  Overall, overlaying the system on top of standard survival means that the actual return rate on kuva will drop as the mission goes on.  That makes it non-competitive with siphons and floods.

Pending testing, and based on what's been said, I think the reward and the filter ehp should scale up as the mission progresses.

Also, what about other mission types?  It'd be nice to make a kuva farm out of the defense mission Tamu as well, since people only ever go there for sorties.

2 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

Really hoping resource boosters work on this, I've been dying for a reason to buy boosters and run longer survival missions since the relic system came out, besides for bragging rights.

Well you won't find a reason to do long survival missions here.

200 Is enough...

1000 per 5 min +-

While normall misssion is 600... for even more than 5min

Yet with all booster I can get 5.000 in 10min...

So do this surv +- 40min then flood and repeat this...

So also can we have a change with normal kuva missions like...

So we know charm buff right?

But it is painfull... To get more kuva...

Can we get Kuva each limb destroyed?

So Kuva 4x1 no 1x4

So charm will be better :>

8 minutes ago, SalmonDaFish said:

This is given that you have a cat and a booster. I think it would be better to have the amount of kuva rewarded scale with either time or number of extractors completed. 

Yes scaling would be nice, but i wasnt counting boosters in my numbers, what i gave was just to make it less S#&$ than a siphon... which i hope they do.
They need to add a Scaleing factor of some sorts otherwise why bother making it a endless mission....

hm...end result of this is that people want to be more rewarded for an activity that is more effort on their part. survival is perceived as more effort...so, more reward, then? i agree that both siphons and floods are considerably simpler as missions go.

Archived