The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Royale could improve PVP

Imniscor

5 minutes ago, Ker-Blammo said:

Well, look at fortnite. Br came out and nothings been done with the pve mode. You really want to potentially change warframe like that? I say we play warframe for warframe, and find br games to play if we want br. There's no shame in playing other games. 

It's true. Nowadays Fortnite.. even just saying that, Fortnite, it only reminds people of Fortnite: Battle Royale. Very few still remember Fortnite.. now Fortnite: Save the World. Because Epic has seen the Battle Royale version of the game explode.. and has absolutely zero motivation or reason to bother with Fortnite: Save the World at this point.

47 minutes ago, Imniscor said:

Warframe has already a big player base. I know plenty of PUBG and Fortnite players who would instantly move to Warframe if it had Battle Royalle, in fact 2 guilds I play with.

well surely "lots" of people like pvp in warframe, thats why i was sitting in all conclave modes for 5 mins and not having a single person join

How exactly do you plan to integrate a BR system into Warframe?

Pretty much the entire game centers around player choice and you're going to suggest a gamemode that completely takes that aspect away in exchange for more RNG?

BR isn't a universal fix for games.

hah! no.

you wouldnt even have enough players to do it anyways, why waste time on it? the PvP part of this community is absolutely tiny, im not sure if there'd even be enough regulars per region for a match like that to get even 1/2 full

I don't want DE wasting time on another PvP game mode. Warframe is not a PvP game, the community is not a community that enjoys fighting each other, and there are far more important (and lucrative) expansion options DE could implement, such as more Landscapes and Quests. Those are what the Warframe community wants - Landscapes and Quests - not more PvP.

hace 1 hora, Imniscor dijo:

You dont need to join in if you dont want. Its completely optional.

Why do you want people not to drink orange juice just because you like apple juice?

Yes, while this is true, the problem becomes when an ice cream shop start to sell apple juice too. Yes they have a fridge, the plastic cups, ice machines, etc but still being a huge money investment. And then can happen some things.

1- They costumers doesn't like the apple juice and the "apple juice lovers" prefer original apple juice from the juice shop. So it's a time and money lost.

2- The apple juice become super popular. They costumers now don't want ice cream anymore and they want only apple juice. The ice cream shop become in a juice shop.

3- They sell both products. They earn new costumers while retain the old ones.

I don't want (and i think that i'm not talking just for me) a warframe royal because i don't want to lose the pve in this game. The essence of this game. I don't like pvp games. Well, this isn't true, i like them, but i don't like play them because the amount of toxic players they usually have.

Nowadays (outside destiny and maybe anthem) warframe it's the only pve shooter that it's focused on pve content and i don't want to lose it because i took 2 years to find it after many hours of borderlands 2. There are tons of pvp shooters, you can play one of these, but there are any few games like warframe. And i don't want to lose it.

So yeah, maybe i'm a bit selfish or something, but prefer that the ice cream shops still selling ice cream, and let the juice to the juice shops.

Edited by Dragoncroac
grammar

If it could be made as a side project, I wouldn't mind seeing what it would look like. I don't think the game is any worse for having lunaro.

I do think that these special nodes should only be time limited events though. Path of Exile made a BR mode and it was successful. It will remain as a successful game mode as long as it's time limited. It's not the kind of thing that can survive a meta developing around it.

A "battle royale" of sorts already exists in Warframe, it's called Annihilation, 1vsAll. You just need to up the player count, have a stable server for it, take out respawn timers, and hope and pray to god people would jump on that quick.

2 hours ago, Imniscor said:

3 days ago Path of Exile, the online ARPG, implemented the Royale game mode with 100 players in an island in Wraeclast.

I think would be cool  if we had a separate instance of the Plains of Eidolon map for a Royale match.

It won't need a lot of development :
- map is there
- players will join as an option (separate instance)
- all the equipment and pvp balance is ready from conclave
- a "dome" that decreases in size (we already have limbo cataclysm)

What needs development :
- server side be able to host more players in a map

Or you could just go play PUBG if you want to play PUBG.

4 minutes ago, Bao said:

A "battle royale" of sorts already exists in Warframe, it's called Annihilation, 1vsAll. You just need to up the player count, have a stable server for it, take out respawn timers, and hope and pray to god people would jump on that quick.

Its easy to have players jump on if you have arcane energize and grace as drops

hNSOVkJ.jpg

1 hour ago, NightBlitz said:

hah! no.

you wouldnt even have enough players to do it anyways, why waste time on it? the PvP part of this community is absolutely tiny, im not sure if there'd even be enough regulars per region for a match like that to get even 1/2 full

I'm pretty sure OP believes DE will easily draw in the PUBG/Fortnite crowd to fuel this BR venture he wants. Because I think we all know Warframe itself doesn't have the demand for a BR mode within it's larger community.

I also have to disagree with @Hypernaut1, I find Lunaro to have been a colossal waste of effort. It's pretty easy to see that it was some sort of gambit towards it becoming the next Rocket League like thing.. and now we're stuck with something hardly anyone cares about with assets wasted.

Just now, Lanadra said:

I'm pretty sure OP believes DE will easily draw in the PUBG/Fortnite crowd to fuel this BR venture he wants. Because I think we all know Warframe itself doesn't have the demand for a BR mode within it's larger community.

I also have to disagree with @Hypernaut1, I find Lunaro to have been a colossal waste of effort. It's pretty easy to see that it was some sort of gambit towards it becoming the next Rocket League like thing.. and now we're stuck with something hardly anyone cares about with assets wasted.

if those crowds are ANYTHING like the standard PvP game crowds, we dont want them here

1 minute ago, NightBlitz said:

if those crowds are ANYTHING like the standard PvP game crowds, we dont want them here

Oh definitely, they wouldn't do the community any good. Big names in the Battle Royale world like DrDisrespect, Summit1G or a Sacriel are highly, highly competitive. And can also become quite toxic, lest we forget DrDisrespect basically team killing someone (and being banned for it) just because they had 4 people to fit on a 3 person bike.

26 minutes ago, Lanadra said:

I think the mistake was in making lunaro a permanent game mode. It's should've been a holiday thing. 

I'm not mad at DE for trying stuff though. We still got a lot of content that year

Edited by Hypernaut1

We don’t need battle royale in every game, there are already enough of them. You really want that, you have tons of games to play. And please keep the pro shooters and screaming kids away from warframe

Edited by Horaciozhao

53 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I think the mistake was in making lunaro a permanent game mode. It's should've been a holiday thing. 

I'm not mad at DE for trying stuff though. We still got a lot of content that year

I'm not so much mad as just mildly annoyed at it. In part because quite literally it turned out like a ''let's try this.. oh.. not working, oh well, moving on.'' situation. They abandoned it pretty much the moment they saw it wasn't going to catch on.* Almost 2 years down the line and we -still- don't have that PvE mode Arcata they promised us either.

Spoiler

And if there's anything I cannot stand it's that kind of abandoning. I for example still strongly resent Hi-Rez Studios, the developers behind SMITE and Paladins, for outright abandoning a favorite game of mine, Global Agenda, years ago. At least have the courage to speak up and say that it hasn't worked out and as such no more development time will be spend on it.

Edited by Lanadra

Keystone/Amazing Eternals never made it out of closed beta as a result of over saturation and bad timing. DE does not need to put resources into something that will ultimately cost them more than it will profit as the concept is nowhere near what WF offers today. WF is still one of the most unique styles of gameplay out there and nobody has been able to match it in over 5yrs.

6 hours ago, NullSaint said:

I could do without it, and would prefer that DE not spend time and money developing it. I've not never seen a PvE game improved by adding PvP, but have seen PvP turn many games into toxic hellholes. 

I'd like to agree with your point, as I for one would not personally enjoy it, however I know many people in the community would. The only problem I see would be it would bring a lot of salty and toxic people into this community, and it would probably (one way or another) push umbra release back a few months /s