Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm planning on buying some stuff in the game with real money. What would you recommend?

lennieplop60

Recently, I got paid my last bit of revenue I earned off my dead youtube channel.(Don't worry. It was a very old minecraft channel)

My network paid me $38,77, and sent it to my paypal account. Now I thought to myself: "it's not all that much, and I've been playing warframe a lot lately, so why not spend some money to get some cool stuff?". I've looked on the website. I don't really want to wait for a discount, but buying plat without one would be a huge waste. I'm mastery rank 8, and still have a lot to unlock, so what would you guys recommend? 

A few things I'm looking into already are:

• The repala syandana (looks really cool)
  • The mesa graxx skin (My mesa is still crafting in the foundry, but she sounds very powerful)
  • Buying plat off some website that sells it second hand (I don't know if it's illegal or not. If it is, that's definitely a no)

I'm eager to see what you can suggest ;)

Definitely don't buy plat off of second hand websites - there are 75% discounts in daily rewards for crying out loud! :crylaugh:

Be patient Tenno.

When it comes to Mesa, remember about gorgeous Mesa Presidio Skin.

Vault is still up - if you don't have it - add this one or two bucks and buy Frost Prime Access for Misa Prime Syandana - of course if you like it.

Edited by Kuez

3 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Don't buy Second hand Plat, you might get banned. 

Id buy slots. Lotsa slots. 

this, ditto, all of this^

also, if you like large blades the mithra heavy sword skin is beautiful

35 minutes ago, lennieplop60 said:
  • Buying plat off some website that sells it second hand (I don't know if it's illegal or not. If it is, that's definitely a no)

NEVER EVER buy plat outside of ingame trading or Digital Extremes Warframe website.

As for what to buy... Repala Syandana is truly beautiful, but there are other tennogen syandanas  that go so well with many, many frames. I am a HUGE fan of Deru Syandana, it colors amaizingly, it fits on nearly EVERY SINGLE frame and it doesn't block your fashionview when you're playing ;)
If you're a fan of Titania, then Naru Syandana is your first choice, it makes it look as if she has 4 wings.
Another great one that's minimalistic and fits on many frames is a very stylish Nsaru Syandana.

Also look into buying Tennogen for your favorite frames. I personaly have Tennogen helmets for Volt (Arrester), Octavia (Diva), Nova (Lamia) and Oberon (Ferosh).

Graxx skins are sick, no joke about it. However, do not buy Mesa Graxx, it's too... simple, to similar to regular Mesa. If you want a Mesa Tennogen, but the Devil Ranger. The ways you can color it and textures on it are mastercraft.
Other frames that have amaizing Graxx skins are Nova, Valkyr and Vauban.

And don't forget to look up any weapon skins as there are some really good ones lately :)

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

Since you got Mesa cooking, I recommend the Deluxe skin for her.  It's NOICE!  It really is.  

33 minutes ago, Kuez said:

When it comes to Mesa remember about gorgeous Mesa Presidio Skin.

This as well, if you're planning to buy something for platinum ingame.

Edited by Acersecomic

Repala is also one of my favorite syandanas, good choice. Here are some other ideas:

•  A decent amount of slots for weapons and warframes, because sooner or later you'll need them
  • Other syandanas. There are a lot of them out there and if you don't want every frame to look the same, get some other scarf-capes
  • At least 1-3 good color palettes, you don't wanna miss out on our dear endgame, fashion frame. My personal favorites are the Saturated, Smoke and Ice palettes
  • If you really like a frame and want to style them up, you should consider buying a skin for them that suits your style (Immortal, Deluxe, TennoGen)
  • Trading with players for items which are for some reason difficult to get (like stuff from syndicates you're not aligned with or tradable weapons that you missed)

41 minutes ago, lennieplop60 said:

Recently, I got paid my last bit of revenue I earned off my dead youtube channel.(Don't worry. It was a very old minecraft channel)

My network paid me $38,77, and sent it to my paypal account. Now I thought to myself: "it's not all that much, and I've been playing warframe a lot lately, so why not spend some money to get some cool stuff?". I've looked on the website. I don't really want to wait for a discount, but buying plat without one would be a huge waste. I'm mastery rank 8, and still have a lot to unlock, so what would you guys recommend? 

• The mesa graxx skin (My mesa is still crafting in the foundry, but she sounds very powerful)

Buying plat like this will get you banned and scammed.

49 minutes ago, Kuez said:

Definitely don't buy plat off of second hand websites - there are 75% discounts in daily rewards for crying out loud! :crylaugh:

Be patient Tenno.

When it comes to Mesa remember about gorgeous Mesa Presidio Skin.

Vault is still up - if you don't have it - add this one or two bucks and buy Frost Prime Access for Misa Prime Syandana - of course if you like it.

^. <3 presidio. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)EpICFreeDoMZz said:

Personally I'd reccomend buying a tennocon digital ticket. Good content and its for charity. Outside of that just get either plat or an accessories pack. 

Oh yeah.  I plan to buy that myself.  My FashionFrame curse demands that I must have that armor set.  :smile:

Don't just buy deluxe skin for Mesa, get a complete set with weapon skins. (that includes two skins for a single hand secondary, and two hand secondary)

You will appreciate how many Grineer type secondaries can equip that revolver skin (yes, including twin Grakata!).   Mad Max style of weapon design is not my taste, but thanks to the skin I can cover them up.  

Slots are probably the best to go with. Warframe/Weapon slots until you have a healthy selection.

Don't buy Warframes(This is debatable on how much of a pain getting a warframe you like is though) or Weapons themselves. Maybe...MAYBE potatoes for items you like if Sorties are skimping on you, also NEVER forma since Forma is so easy to acquire from a variety of sources.

Other than that, Fashion Frame or use in trade for Mods/Prime sets you would like to have.

So yeah the repala syandana is cool and looks good. But it's like that new jacket one kid one day showed up with in school and everyone was like "woah where did you get that, I want one of those" and next week you came to school in your new cool jacket and every single other kid had bought one too and now you all just looked like copies of each other.

Or, it's like the iPhone, which is pretty much the exact same story.

i got paid...

charged up my Steam acc with 45 Euro

had to wait 1 week but worth it finally got 75% off 

bought the 4000+ plat pack

Still sitting on 900 plat and i runned out on what to spend it on bought literally everything i wanted even for future use lol

Waiting for 75% discount worth it op just wait....

If I get 75% plat disc I'll definitely buy plat. If I don't, I'll wait for 75% or I'll buy tennogen syandanas; repala syandana, corona, or anything you like, or I'll buy tennogen skins, the graxx collection is good if you like the aesthetic. 

If you bought the 75% plat disc I'll definitely buy a lot of slots, catalyst and reactor, forma (I don't like farming and waiting for forma), boosters, and after that I'll buy cosmetic for my orbiter and frame/operator. 

Edited by Nottezio

I would personally do the following

1. Wait for a discount 50%-75%
  2. Buy as much platinum as I could afford
  3. Buy slots slots slots, everybody 
  4. hit up some of the market sites to get a good idea of the general price of player trades. 
  5. start making informed trades with players for the things I wanted 
  6. Cosmetics till you bleed

In the event you want to pick up Tennogen, you might as well do it whenever cause dat never goes on teh sales and unless you are on console you have to buy it with real money through steam anyhow. So pick those up whenever.

8 hours ago, lennieplop60 said:

8 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Don't buy Second hand Plat, you might get banned. 

Id buy slots. Lotsa slots. 

This so much this^ Get lots of slots in warframe and weapons and others if your want to collect everything (Isn't that what half this games is about? the other half being fashion frame! :P) Warframe slots more so then Weapons slots because you can get free weapons slots atleast once a years with the free ones you get from the anniversary weapons. (full armory get the weapons and you suddenly have the weapons and the slots.

Other then slots yeah just get fashion stuff you really like the looks of. Unfortunately alot of the coolest stuff is Tennogen so you can't use plat on it if your on PC.

Edited by Andaius

12 hours ago, Man_In_Suitcase said:

Gear slots, if you need them. The repala syandana and the mesa graxx are both a solid fashion frame choice. And yeah be wary of second hand plat sites, they most certainly breach Warframe's EULA.

Echoing everyone else here - but I bought both prime accesses this month. First thing I did with all the plat was buy lots of slots and then some color packs.