Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A most Peculiar workshop.

[DE]Rebecca

23 hours ago, DojikkoVoidNinja said:

IMO this entire concept is a complete waste of development time that should be directed towards Umbra, fixing Sanctuary bugs, giving Venus a more stable launch than Plains of Eidolon did, etc.

this is them testing more visual affects after the new particle engine they're using, it's like the batter of the cake before it's made  so not to worry they are working on it, this is just showing what details they can add to future updates but these definitely need more looking into.

Personally I have two opinions about this mod, the first is personally I would rather it not be a mod at all and instead be something that added to a weapon like an auxiliary component like a arrow for a Bows or better yet a weapon attachment like with what can done on melee weapons as this way the peculiars could be visible to give the weapon some more unique character like a daisy sticking out at an odd angle near the sight of the gun (Peculiar Bloom)or a star plastered to the side of the gun (Peculiar impact mod shown in Devstream). If its gotta to be a mod then I would like equiped onto the weapon instead of the warframe as an optional slot for it like the exilus slot on warframes (wouldn't even mind paying an exilus adapter to unlock it either), as this way I don't have to worry about switching loadouts when I go form screwing around to endgame content or having to sacrifice another mod just to show off to other players

I like the whole "i got this mod and I want to show it off" kind of thing, but the trade-ability of them ruins it all together for me. If I spent the time and effort to grind out these mods to show off then i shouldn't be able to see a mr 2 player be able to just buy them and show off since they didn't put in any work.

Also, for future mods, I really feel like their effects should be less small effect on every enemy you shoot, and more big over the top effect on just a few enemies over the course of a mission.

Id like to see effects like a 1% chance of a giant colorful explosions of lights and particles like the goal explosions from rocket league if you headshot kill an enemy.

Or a .5% chance that when you fire an arrow from a bow you get some crazy hanzo from over watch dragon effect.

Things that happen rarely but when they do, ohhh boy do you notice and put a big smile on everyone's face. Right now the flower effect is so small and insignificant that its hardly noticeable and no one really cares about the effect ether.

Here's an idea: 

Peculiars go on Exilus slots.

Peculiars may grant mod points rather than costing them.

Rarity changes how many mod points a Peculair grants.

The SAME peculair may be found at different rarities. 

Each mod level grants 0.5 mod points. This would work because Forma halving the mod point cost of a slot may have fractional mod point cost as well.

Peculiar mods at the Common rarity have 0 levels and grant 0 mod points.

Uncommon Peculiars have 3 levels and grant up to 1.5 mod points.

Rare Peculiars have 5 levels and grant up to 2.5 mod points. 

Primed Peculiars have 10 levels and grant up to 5 mod points.

1 hour ago, BrazilianJoe said:

Here's an idea: 

Peculiars go on Exilus slots.

Peculiars may grant mod points rather than costing them.

Rarity changes how many mod points a Peculair grants.

The SAME peculair may be found at different rarities. 

Each mod level grants 0.5 mod points. This would work because Forma halving the mod point cost of a slot may have fractional mod point cost as well.

Peculiar mods at the Common rarity have 0 levels and grant 0 mod points.

Uncommon Peculiars have 3 levels and grant up to 1.5 mod points.

Rare Peculiars have 5 levels and grant up to 2.5 mod points. 

Primed Peculiars have 10 levels and grant up to 5 mod points.

40k endo, a bajillion credits for... 5 mod points? Anyone gets 4 with a Forma on basically any slot. And they won't ever cut down on the Forma since they (and Reactors/Catalysts) are a great platinum bait.

1 hour ago, den2k said:

40k endo, a bajillion credits for... 5 mod points? Anyone gets 4 with a Forma on basically any slot. And they won't ever cut down on the Forma since they (and Reactors/Catalysts) are a great platinum bait.

It's endgame content for super vets. There is always a build where you need just a smidgen of extra mod points.

Could double and make it 1 mod point per peculair level, I'd take it.

6 minutes ago, BrazilianJoe said:

It's endgame content for super vets. There is always a build where you need just a smidgen of extra mod points.

Could double and make it 1 mod point per peculair level, I'd take it.

Aye but losing a mod slot where a Power Drift is snug and comfortable? 1 per peculiar level I'd take it too, 10 points are good. But I fear that won't happen.

On 4/17/2018 at 9:41 PM, _Ruby_Rose_ said:

No one listens to the streams eh?
They are combined with an existing mod
So it's a basically a Point Strike (i think thats the mod) with that peculiar mod.
Mogamu says it as well

I think you have to rewatch the stream, Steve specifically said it's a way to waste a slot, because you can do it or something :-)
No idea where you got the idea of adding them to other mods, and no, I don't count influencers a reliable source over the devs.

Still think giving peculiars their own slot will be the best solution to satisfy casual min-maxers like myself and basically everyone else.

PS: Sorry for the late reply, I was busy with different games the last weeks.

petzi.jpg

Personally I like the idea of these, however the fact that they are going to take mod points and the exilus slot not so much, I would love to see these as a seasonal thing and something that doesn't use up a mod slot. Having one of these equipped would say, "I came I saw I conquered" these could basically become like a badge of honor if they didn't negatively affect builds.  

On 4/23/2018 at 5:11 AM, HerpDerpy said:

I like the whole "i got this mod and I want to show it off" kind of thing, but the trade-ability of them ruins it all together for me. If I spent the time and effort to grind out these mods to show off then i shouldn't be able to see a mr 2 player be able to just buy them and show off since they didn't put in any work.

Also, for future mods, I really feel like their effects should be less small effect on every enemy you shoot, and more big over the top effect on just a few enemies over the course of a mission.

Id like to see effects like a 1% chance of a giant colorful explosions of lights and particles like the goal explosions from rocket league if you headshot kill an enemy.

Or a .5% chance that when you fire an arrow from a bow you get some crazy hanzo from over watch dragon effect.

Things that happen rarely but when they do, ohhh boy do you notice and put a big smile on everyone's face. Right now the flower effect is so small and insignificant that its hardly noticeable and no one really cares about the effect ether.

sorry i saw a rank 4 have it and got immensely jealous after making 9 runs for it and stooped to play a normal mission to see some random new born have something i could not stand it  so i spent the next 3 days farming that mod alone lets be real i only cared cause o saw it in action but giving people a choice to see or not see it is not a bad option o mean weapon trail can be turned on or off why cant you do it for all peculiar mods also if a dev is  reading this the last dev stream you showed a new one the thing is that peculiar are not to have bonuses added to it so is that swelling body still hit bye other alies or is it going to swell and deflate like a 1.6 sec swell  and deflate or if it swell can some one hit the same target as me because they can now identify  the enemy that is hard for me to kill is going to give the mod functionality like some nube will shot buy the mod and figer out the mechanics of it and give a heads up to other players around making it a needed mod for new borns to the game is warframe so post to be spoon feed to them and a joke to us or equal across the bored 

I really like peculiars as a concept. They exist for fun in a game that is otherwise all about making your numbers as big as possible. 

What I don't like is having to compromise my builds to use a peculiar. Becsuse I really like making my numbers as big as possible, especially since I mostly only play endgame level missions nowadays.

The body inflation/big head mode peculiar looks like fun, but I won't be using it if I have to take a mod off of my secondary to equip it. I think peculiars should be some type of auxilliary equippable, either that, or weapons should have an additional 9th slot that only peculiars can be equipped to.

But I know that this would take more work, and this is likely why peculiars were implemented as mods in the first place. This update was already on a bonkers time crunch, so if peculiars were going to make it in, they would have to be added in the fastest, easiest way possible. I understand that much, and respect the reasoning behind the decision. But like all new pieces of content, it could use some revisions. So good on you for making a design feedback thread for it.

On 2018-04-21 at 8:59 AM, (PS4)AeehyehssReeper said:

iunno if it's been suggested yet but I'd love a ludicrous gibs kinda mod 😄

seeing how there's already stuff allowing for dismemberment of enemies (I think I've heard up to four pieces) it'd be great fun if we could apply that to something like all kills on a certain condition

could even be kinda useful for Nekros farming 

LUDICROUS GIBS!

YES!

The peculiar mods will have to face the saturation issue when there will be so many of them they'll become available for 1 plat on the market. To prevent that it would be cool if they had RGB stats tied to them, rolled in a similar fashion as rivens. So every peculiar bloom would have random RGB values tied to it's stem, petals and the centre of the flower. It would make those mods unique and raise the potential for trading of particularly good combinations of colours.

On 2018-04-23 at 11:03 PM, den2k said:

10 mod points if you forma the slot to double the mod points. Like auras

Though a bit more like 6-8 instead of 5 would be better

On 2018-04-17 at 2:20 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno!

If you participated in this past-Friday's presentation of Peculiarities, you perhaps were perplexed or pumped for a potential offering: Peculiar Mods!
ad69906a8bb730e677eb4320d70f7f96.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words. Flowers growing out of an enemy? Talk about adding insult to injury.... and that's the idea. Mods that are simply Peculiar in their offerings, and a little degrading to the enemy.

We teased this back at a Panel (to a limited audience, but some videos spread), and debuted these in last Friday's Devstream. And the reactions have been equally peculiar - genuine excitement, genuine confusion, genuine disinterest. But there's also been genuine discussion on 'what I'd like Peculiars to be'. Which means there's certainly interest in the concept, it's the execution that has people talking most!

And that's the point of this brief Workshop: concept & execution.

We are going to launch with one Peculiar Mod in Sanctuary Onslaught, the 'Blooming Mod' displayed on Stream. An appetizer of the full offerings. Then, we're going to take a closer look at reception of this to determine future concept and execution. We don't want to commit a full offering of Peculiar Mods to an avenue that people invest countless Endo, Credits, and Time into only to potentially change the idea entirely shortly after. But launching with the Mod we debuted allows you to experience and give feedback on the concept and execution, and it allows us to measure engagement!

TL;DR: We're going to launch with only one Peculiar Mod in Sanctuary Onslaught because we might change the execution of idea entirely, trying to stay true to the concept.

Thank you for all the lively debate so far on the topic - Lotus wants her flower power!

Please can we have these available at low cost i.e. from baro?

Also can we get an extra exilus slot on our warframes for those that want to use these mods?

Thanks.

Any chance we can get this PECULIAR effect?

All enemies turn into MICE!

Peculiar effect your shot bullets or shot arrows turn into cats that chase and kill the enemies turned into mice.

Warning peculiar mod has a chance of turning enemies into chickens.

Peculiar mod has a chance of makeing enemy heads grow much larger and enemies fall down and are unable to move.

Peculiar effects may last 30 seconds.

Peculiar effect enemies start to inflate and after max inflation will explode like ballons.

Peculiar effect bad day rain cloud manifiests with a huge black thundercloud right after grineer say haterz wetsum (i hate getting wet) and after a few seconds of pouring rain an electrical thunderbolt hits grineer and we see grineer lit up with skeleton showing and you guessed it dead grineer.

On 2018-04-17 at 10:29 PM, Ceryk said:

Glad to hear it's being pulled back on. I, for one, don't want loads of this kind of nonsense cluttering my reward tables and have been greatly concerned by the idea. If they are available in ways in which I can completely avoid them (Vendors like Baro for instance), I really don't care whether they are in the game or not. If they are getting in the way of me getting something I actually want or will be useful, I'm not thrilled with them being in the game.

I tend to agree with you: the peculiars seem to just add more clutter to a rewards table that doesn't have too much appeal to it - even less once the the vandals are acquired. But that last part is why I don't mind them that much. A peculiar mod is like a cosmetic drop. The rarity of its occurrence and the lack of impact on the game-play can make the mod a good choice for the loot table.

Now we have a few problems with this too though.Just like with the captura scenes, there's little incentive left to get a 2nd one of the same kind - seeing how not all people care about selfie environments, troll mods or even the action of trading them. So these peculiars would need to have something similar to the riven fusing device - allowing the players to basically reroll 4 into a new one. Oooor.... you could set a base value (for both them and the capturas) - like 1 plat for a captura scene and 5 plats for a mod (or a hundred times that in ducats, just not credits or endo please!) and just reward the player with the currency after a certain threshold of owned items (say... 5? - I'd be glad with 1 as threshold, but since they're tradeable...).

Lastly, regarding their appearance in the game, they should not clutter any vendor's inventory - since they'll just gather dust there till the end of the Origin System.

Now, to the topic of functionality, bubble heads, flowers popping up on the enemies and such things are fun, yeah - if they don't kill a weaker pc, but as someone mentioned before, the mods would be a lot more appealing if they'd follow in the steps of the corrupted mods, but with a different flavour - like:

• Adding the hobbled dragon key effect to a warframe mod (maybe all the way up to 90% decreased movement speed), while also giving the capability of chaining bullet jumps and other acrobatics at a higher velocity. 
  • Have a melee mod give a 50% - or even more favorable - chance to apply a 100% attack speed bonus with the other 50% (or whatever's left) of dropping your weapon
  • Give a firearm a good chance to highly increased fire rate and damage with an equal chance of setting the wielder ablaze for 5 seconds (with the condition reapplying itself until the wielder swaps the weapon)
  • Give a permanent high impact damage boost (say 100...200%) to a firearm, while also having a 20...50% chance for a knockdown (or even ragdoll) effect on the wielder.
  • Make a "Barb wire" mod for melee weapons that give a slash damage buff with the trade off that crits will apply a bleeding effect on the user with 100% chance and the damage scales with the combo multiplier.
  • Make a mod that can potentially replenish all of the warframe's energy on ability use while having an equal chance of draining all its shields or half its life (in the case of shieldless warframes)
  • Create a Prosecutor mod for the warframes, giving them the same benefits and disadvantages the grineer buggers have.
  • Create a Nox mod for the warframes, giving them huge armor while subjecting them to a constant toxin effect that increases in intensity while the warframe is not using any weapon.

Make peculiar mods for fashionframe instead.    Who cares about how enemies look when they die.

Mods that add aura effects or damage decals to your frame (like bullet holes and exposed wiring) are better IMO.

MOD THAT ENABLES FLOWING RGB ENERGY COLOR WOULD BE TOP.    Only visual of course....If you are Chroma, abilities will still use base energy color.

Archived