Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

2 minutes ago, Sqecmi said:

i enjoy instant taxi to lvl 150+ enemies to test my stuff without enduring 30 min of mot and without enemy restrictions - all factions are present.

need nothing else

You think they are level 150? Ever tested a level 150 in simalacrum? They don't fall apart as easily as they do in the Onslaught..

19 minutes ago, Silver-Gear said:

3. lets say i want a reward from rotation C, so i would need to survive until room 8, but if i exit from room 8 (which supposedly is by letting the portal close without entering it) i get no reward at all, so im forced to play until room 9 to get that reward and then intentionally failing in order to exit, that needs to change i think.

That's not true, you just need to wait a little without entering portal, the reward appears in a couple seconds.

1 минуту назад, kylooooren сказал:

You think they are level 150? Ever tested a level 150 in simalacrum? They don't fall apart as easily as they do in the Onslaught..

that's why most people disregard simulacrum weapon tests.

I think if resources and/or mods dropped from enemies it would run the risk of becoming much too profitable. Given the enormous enemy density, variety, and spawning rate, and the possibility of ending up on any tileset, it would be possible to farm almost anything in a single place; I doubt that's something DE wants.

6 minutes ago, kylooooren said:

They should introduce a little reward at the end of each zone for completing it in addition to the Rotation aswell as a End Mission reward that scales with how well you did. Let's say you exit the mission with an S, you would get a random radiant axi relic, since axi can't be farmed in it at all, if you get A, you'd get Flawless Axi and so on.

The game mode would be perfectly balanced and rewarding if we could farm resources in it but that won't work because too many enemies spawn.

I agree with this. Honestly, there are so many relics in the drop tables that it really dilutes the chances of getting more sought after rewards. Reduce the amount of relics in the drop tables and reward some relics based on your ranking per level.

5 minutes ago, kylooooren said:

I feel like they're so close to getting the scaling right in this gamemode. Enemies are tough, but not too much. They deal a lot of damage, but won't 1-shot you. Only problem I see now is trinity and equinox cheese

Edited by EchoesOfRain

vor 50 Minuten schrieb AVSManfred:

And isn't this mode all about efficient killing ?, so don't be angry on people that they just folow the sole idea of mode in way that works...

Yes this mode is exactly about this with the restriction, already implemented, to not spam the 4th ability in elite mode. The existing restriction is bypassed by simply picking the warframe multiple times. This is the reason why I, in my opinion, think the restriction should limit each frame to 1 per squad (this in similar form existed for nightmare trials with a restriction to 2 frames of the same type for the 8 man group) or the restriction as cooldown for each 4th ability of the same name should be global.

16 minutes ago, Yamichi said:

Yes this mode is exactly about this with the restriction, already implemented, to not spam the 4th ability in elite mode. The existing restriction is bypassed by simply picking the warframe multiple times. This is the reason why I, in my opinion, think the restriction should limit each frame to 1 per squad (this in similar form existed for nightmare trials with a restriction to 2 frames of the same type for the 8 man group) or the restriction as cooldown for each 4th ability of the same name should be global.

Like for me restrictions like that and ones already existing are bit of too much... i mean the mode is already boring andfrustrating, drop table is lackluster so why lock out efficent ways to deal with enemies ?, to make it even more frustrating than it is already ?

Edited by AVSManfred

Yeah comparing a AAA company that shouldn't be able to afford any mistakes to a smaller independent studio that doesn't have the resource or manpower to release things perfectly all of the time.

Atleast DE fixes their stuff unlike Bethesda which just doesn't give a damn about that stuff until the community forces them.

Только что, kylooooren сказал:

The Simulacrum acts the same any other mission, except Onslaught.

150 lvl regular survival are not exactly the same.

i suppose that's because how scaling works.

the earlier mission start the tougher enemies will be by certain level. if you start at 90, so 150 will be not that tough like if you started from 50

Just now, Sqecmi said:

150 lvl regular survival are not exactly the same.

i suppose that's because how scaling works.

the earlier mission start the tougher enemies will be by certain level. if you start at 90, so 150 will be not that tough like if you started from 50

I don't think you understand how scaling works. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb AVSManfred:

Like for me Restrictions liek that and ones already existing are bit of too much... i mean the mode is already boring andfrustrating, drop table is lackluster so why lock out efficent ways to deal with enemies ?, to make it even more frustrating than it is already ?

I fully understand your point and for the drop tables you are absolutly right. The only rewards i got so far are relics and a synthethic eidolon chard (which I lost due to endless hostmigration bug). Also should be Khora be deleted from the elite drop tables, cause there is already too much stuff to get. The second thing which makes elite mode kinda boring is the exactly same order of the maps and enemys, which sadly is necessary due to leaderboards but it could also work without this, best example: diablo 3 leaderboards for greater rifts.

The best solution would be a 3rd mode with elite difficulty, changing maps and a selectable option for ability restrictions active or not. With this everybody would be happy.

1.First off, the game crashes... a lot... because of this game mode.

2. you delayed the update due to "Host Migration issues" and guess what, we have Host Migration issues.

3. the Loot Tables are so congested with Void Relics, getting anything else is a pain. (Iv run almost 100 times and still dont have a system... only aggravated by No.2 when the host leaves before Zone 8 and screws Everyone else)

4. There are so many bugs, this content should have never been released.

5. People passing through the portal sometimes still get the everything going white and cant see anything for a full round

6. Its repetitive and boring

7. People are receiving no rewards

8. Large Tiles cause AI to bug out and run in circles on the edge of the map

9. Endless Loading Screens and Locked up controls upon reaching orbiter

10. Why add a scoring system if its completely pointless and the Leaderboards will just be filled with hackers?

11. Sometimes the portal doesn't even spawn and the efficiency continues to drop

12 Sometimes using Void Dash instantly ends the mission for that player and extracts them

13 Occasionally, the operator gets stuck in super slow motion, making it nearly impossible to use

14 There are serious frame rate drops pretty much every time the portal spawns

15 Completing Zone 8 should reward the Zone 8 reward, players should not be required to go to Zone 9 to receive it

16 Due to there being Multiple Grineer Factions (Kuva, Frontier, Arid, and Normal) They are picked as the enemy significantly more often than Corpus or Infested

17 Certain people still cannot launch the game mode from their orbiter

18 Often after finishing a run, your controls are locked up on the Rewards Screen due to "Updating Account Information. Please Wait..." Which never goes away requiring you to Alt-f4 the game

19 When a player crashes out and comes back (Which happens often) the portal will not open at 0:00 for the duration of time the player was IN the missions before crashing... Therefore often making that zone impossible to pass

Additionally: Your New game mode does not provide a challenge, the enemies are scaled back making them easier to kill, even in Elite. You're player base craves certain things, they ask and beg for certain things... and you release Broken content no one actually wants... STOP being overly concerned with YOUR content and listen to your players... I'm a founder and nothing i have said has even considered. 

Related Topic List:

1 Peculiar Bloom is an intresting idea, something other than Serious mods, adds a little fun to the game... however, making it take up a mod slot and cost 7 copacity puts it right back into the serious mode stuff... if this is going to be a thing, it needs to have a separate mod slot and cost nothing.

Anything else i should add?

Edited by PureIcarus

1 minute ago, PureIcarus said:

1.First off, the game crashes... a lot... because of this game mode.

2. you delayed the update due to "Host Migration issues" and guess what, we have Host Migration issues.

3. the Loot Tables are so congested with Void Relics, getting anything else is a pain. (Iv run almost 100 times and still dont have a system... only aggravated by No.2 when the host leaves before Zone 8 and screws Everyone else)

4. There are so many bugs, this content should have never been released.

5. People passing through the portal sometimes still get the everything going white and cant see anything for a full round

6. Its repetitive and boring

Anything else i should add?

I'm stuck on a bloody loading screen for the last 10mins after finishing the mission, and I'll probably will have to Alt F4. Say goodbye to 2 Khora parts. This is absolutely ridiculous. 40mins or so went to waste. Also had that white screen crap.

Huge disappointment this whole thing, guess I'll avoid the game mode till it's all fixed. As per usual with any update lately.

After playing it over the weekend here, nothing but Onslaught Sanctuary, I have finally given up and won't be touching it again. Now I don't really care about Khora anymore as the Rotation C is so diluted with other random relics having a higher chance of actually getting. Going Solo for countless times all towards Zone 8 only to get Neo K1. I couldn't count how many times I have aborted and couldn't care less. I just hope DE fixes this thing, its really frustrating.

AND another game where the host 'leaves', I'm assuming they crashed and the timer runs out and we lose EVERYTHING, luckily this was only at wave 3 but seriously this needs fixing.  I know it's the weekend DE but you should really have fixed this one. 

I'm going to take a guess that the majority of those crashing have lower end hardware (I know a clan mate with a lower end pc keeps crashing) and the additional memory requirements of multiple maps are likely causing it to crash because they can't cope...

In the meantime, can those not capable of running the mission without it crashing, please not host he mission, its not fair on those of us who can play it without it crashing, we just love losing EVERYTHING when the host crashes and it forces us to migrate to a new host which never seems to happen. 

I'm LOVING onslaught, even with the frustrations that come with it (I know you guys will eventually fix the bugs and crashes!). I really dig the whole "20 minutes in, and back out" arcade feel to it, much like what Scott said in an earlier devstream. I think it hit the nail right in the head. I also love the hectic gameplay to it, trying your best to kill as fast as possible (as opposed to survival, where you need a nekros to survive).

Hell, I even LOVE the cooldown mechanic. Lets you think twice about using your skills too fast and get a longer cooldown when you do. Also, the introduction of the cooldown system is perfect for the game mode, since you're pressed for time, and it doesn't promote "Hiding, and recharging your cooldowns". Was actually wishing for something similar for so long now, but even though it's only applicable in the sanctuary, I'm still glad it's here. Needs a bit of tweaking, but there's less spamming ults now. You can take even it up a notch and buff the skill effects as a trade-off for the cooldown, but I'm fine with the way it is.

Problem:

Unfortunately, the thing about about it that bothers me is that it's currently too difficult to solo WITHOUT cheesing the whole thing. Or too easy with more people. The balance is WAY off. I was able to reach a score of 1.1 mil on solo, but with the addition of another tenno (my wife) we were able to reach 4 million with just the two of us. I also estimate that if I add another competent tenno on board, we'll be able to reach 8 mil or so, even with the hastened efficiency drop.

Proposal:

Now, what I propose is to reduce the efficiency drop depending on the number of players on board (kinda like interception solo where capturing goes faster when there are less players). This may sound a bit simple, but this will require some testing to balance it out, unfortunately. And I don't have an exact number to suggest as to as to how fast or slow the decay needs to be. Please, please please consider this, as I'm loving this game mode to the death, a lot more than my ex-favorite mode, survival.

On a side note, rewards that are useful for vets will be most welcome as well! :D

Thank you so much for your time! Looking forward to the future of this awesome game mode!

1 minute ago, Kai said:

After playing it over the weekend here, nothing but Onslaught Sanctuary, I have finally given up and won't be touching it again. Now I don't really care about Khora anymore as the Rotation C is so diluted with other random relics having a higher chance of actually getting. Going Solo for countless times all towards Zone 8 only to get Neo K1. I couldn't count how many times I have aborted and couldn't care less. I just hope DE fixes this thing, its really frustrating.

Yeah I posted on Friday maybe on Saturday about my initial perception, but after playing it for longer and doing Elite and Casual runs I'm pretty flustered. I was lucky enough to get a lato vandal receiver but i doubt i'll ever get the other parts because 2-4% are really bad odds when i can't even get Khora. At least they give you radiant relics so that you can do some prime farming, sell those parts for plat, and just buy her outright.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Gandergear:

I started playing again after an unknown hiatus when valkyr prime got released. The glast gambit to me was pretty ok but most importantly was pretty stable. Pacifism defect was the same thing, chains and octavia the same thing, ambulus the same thing.

All those were fairly stable on release to where i didnt get more than 1 fatal error. I cant speak for others but to me thats the lowest bar you gotta pass

I guess I came off overly negative, it's not that I doubt the intentions of the Devs, i guess they just get overly hyped themselfs and want to deliver things as fast as possible, a sign they really love their jobs. And I can appreciate that. It's just that I hope they will invest a little more time in testing and fixing before release in the future. If you heard what the lady from quality assurance had to say about testing TWW you know that they had almost no time. And the number of hard progression stoppers the quest had confirms that. I'm sure the community will understand when content is delayed for a few days due to polishing as long as it's communicated as such. And that's pretty much everything I hope for concerning this situation.