Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton and Lato Vandal suggestion

Maniac523

With the release of the Sanctuary Onslaught mode we see a bunch of new things. We get Khora, we get new weapons, we get the return of Braton and Lato Vandal,

and closed beta testers get forgotten.

Braton Vandal was the oldest item in the game. There are even founders that couldn't get it. It was a welcome gift to everyone who played during the open beta weekend. Lato vandal was a gift straight from DE to everyone that helped by playing the closed beta. They were gifts from DE to everyone that helped support the game early on by playing. They became symbols of loyalty to the game. Having them meant you were there at the beginning and showed DE support through the life of Warframe.

In short, they had greater meaning than just a minuscule amount of MR.

Now that anyone can get them, they mean nothing. The special gifts that DE gave to us as a thank you for our help during the closed beta are available for everyone to gain, level, and throw away.

Now before I continue I want to make it clear that I was never against the weapons coming back. What I'm against is closed beta testers losing something special to us.

With the new update there is nothing being given to those that had the originals. There was a point in time where DE said that Lato and Braton Vandal would never come back. There was also a point in time where they said that they should honor those with the originals. Now? Nothing.

My suggestion: Give us legacy skins for Braton and Lato V. Braton already has an old skin that could simply be given back to players that owned the originals. A simple skin in the same fashion for Lato likely wouldn't be hard to make if it doesn't exist already. Just give us something, anything, to show that our loyalty still means something to you.

Edited by Maniac523
Emphasis on things that seem to be getting missed.

Только что, Maniac523 сказал:

There was a point in time where DE said that Lato and Braton Vandal would never come back

I dont remember it..

As for honor to OBT...you guys have memories and skills of the old ways. + there is some skins you cant get anymore

6 minutes ago, Gandergear said:

I made basically an identical post about the eros statues.

But nah DE doesn't care about respecting players or making us feel special.

You should feel special and respected at the fact that DE continues to develop this game with as close as its ties are to the playerbase for feedback.

The entitlement is real today. There's nothing wrong with them re-releasing these Vandal weapons as they said they were planning to do so for quite a while. You guys need to grow up, not everything needs to be handed to you on a silver platter and maintained indefinitely for you to feel special or respected.

That's on you, not DE.
It was a nice gesture, five years ago, but there was nothing keeping them from coming back unlike Founder's gear (which has monetary incentives to never be released again).

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

DE considers re-implementing the Braton and Lato Vandal, and everyone's OK.  Just as planned.

Then they re-release them, actually do so, and everyone loses their minds!

41 minutes ago, Gandergear said:

I made basically an identical post about the eros statues.

But nah DE doesn't care about respecting players or making us feel special.

Meh, the Eros statues were more Valentines-flavored event than 'special reward', even if the mode it introduced was actually pretty fun in spite of it being...well, Conclave (which I find extremely anti-fun personally).  It was nothing too special and I kind of wanted to get a second one anyways, so no big loss there.

53 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

The entitlement is real today. There's nothing wrong with them re-releasing these Vandal weapons as they said they were planning to do so for quite a while. You guys need to grow up, not everything needs to be handed to you on a silver platter and maintained indefinitely for you to feel special or respected.

Yes, we were given a gift which was designed and created for the purpose of being exclusive to closed beta participants. DE already showed they understood and acknowledged that bringing these weapons back meant they should do something so the value of these gifts weren't lost for those that had them. Now we don't have anything. My god how horrendously entitled of me. How horrible of us to want to be remembered instead of cast aside. How terrible of us to desire something to remain special.

Just because you have no concept of rewarding loyalty doesn't mean DE doesn't. I'm asking for a skin. A cosmetic that doesn't even look that great. It has no impact on gameplay. The only purpose is for people that have shown loyalty to have something special for them. So many games that have betas give out exclusive rewards to the beta players and those rewards remain exclusive. As far as I know every beta-exclusive reward I've ever gotten has remained exclusive up until now. Companies all over the world inside and out of the gaming industry reward people for showing support for a long time. This isn't a new concept. 

If you think long time support means nothing then that's just straight up disrespectful.

Welp, I'm over being sad about my weapons from the beta now being available but uhhh, could we have cosmetics for closed and open beta players? This way there's no mastery linked and it's purely aesthetic flexing. 

Even before, if you didn't have the Braton or Lato Vandals there wasn't much of a way to commemorate beta players, I think it'd be fair adding even emeblems and/or syandana. A lot of beta players missed out on the Braton at the time.

I agree Maniac523! The beta testers should at least get something exclusive! Like an glyph icon or legacy skins! 

I was a bit worried that this would be a thread telling how upset you were now that everyone will have access to their exclusive weapons, oh no! I'm glad to see it isn't and I applaud your effort to maintain the standing of those beta-testers! 

I remember that weekend, I should have played, but went camping instead! Same with the Founders' Pack, in which, at that time, spending $40 for a full game was considered extreme! 

Exclusive skins and glyphs are fine, but having exclusive guns  that aren't so much commemorative as they are locked away and that were a very, very limited one-time offer never set right with me. 

Special weapons like these should be hard to get, though! I remember getting the Karak Wraith parts from the Sortie as well as Nezha, which was a chore. I was happy to have them, but I was incredibly frustrated to see them be relegated to being invasion rewards and being available in the dojo as blueprints, respectively. 

I wasn't frustrated that more people had access to them now. I was frustrated that I had put a lot of time and work into getting them and I felt like my time wasn't well spent after the fact! 

Something can also be said of the return of event weapons as part of Baro Ki' Troll's inventory. Supra Vandal, anyone? I'm happy that it's back as I played the event, but due to time, I couldn't fight the Ambulas-i until I got back from a trip! 

I knew the weapon would eventually return, but for a game that's about getting and mastering every item you can it certainly makes it difficult to do so! If it wasn't for this fact I'd be more accepting of exclusive weapons! 

An event that was designed well in regards for time spent and the rewards that could be obtained was the Pacifism Defect. You could get the exclusive Harkonar Wraith Armor set by participating as well as the Ignis Wraith! 

The original Harkonar Armor is always available from the market, but the Wraith version was an exclusive cosmetic. The Ignis Wraith could also still be found by asking a clan with the unlocked blueprint what they would trade for it. 

I'm glad to see DE continuing to offer old gear to new players! Please, DE, don't forget about your loyal fans that we're there in the beginning by alienating them by taking the, "everyone gets a new car for being here approach"! 

Edited by (XB1)ZenithLord 42
I'm upset?

3 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

You should feel special and respected at the fact that DE continues to develop this game with as close as its ties are to the playerbase for feedback.

That's on you, not DE.
It was a nice gesture, five years ago, but there was nothing keeping them from coming back unlike Founder's gear (which has monetary incentives to never be released again).

1.How about no?

2. You were just told by OP what is wrong with releasing them. The only thing being handed on a silver platter is the previously exclusive items to YOU. I don't even own lato/braton vandal yet, but I understood what they meant.

3. As OP said it is an insult. It was something given to show appreciation, and then was just made wholly available. Anyways the founder's gear is LEGALLY never able to be released again.

Good will is based on three pillars. Transparency, Reliability, and Honesty. DE doesn't like to tell us things until 2 days before they come out (as in what players could ACTUALLY give feedback on), so they don't get much in the way there. DE stopped giving deadlines for themselves to meet that they make public, so they don't get much in that respect either, especially when eidolons are still bugged up the arsenal. And lastly DE now feels free to take back things that it gave in appreciation and just throw em around whenever. I'm guessing that the Sekhara they gave players when they removed raids is going to come back somehow when they reintroduce it, because 'It was a nice gesture, five years ago". DE just doesn't meet the mark much with me for good will.

I like warframe, if I didn't I wouldn't be playing it. But either way just because you make your money off a F2P system doesn't magically make you immune to all accountability.

Edit: Oh and I agree with OP as well, I don't really mind that everyone (including me) now gets access to 2 more previously exclusive MR Fodder weapons, I'm elated. But wow what a way to show the closed beta veterans your appreciation by taking their toy and giving nothing back.

Edited by Gandergear

5 hours ago, Maniac523 said:

and closed beta testers get forgotten.

i don't have any self esteem, god complex, or whatever else problems - i fully support Players having the opportunity to have all of the Equipment that exists. i don't need any exclusive stuff and i don't have anything i need to prove to others, i know who and what i am.

because said Equipment represents alternative Playstyle opportunities, and i want Players to have the capability to try each of them. especially in Warframe, where Playstyle opportunities is.... 100% of the content of the game.

bragging trinkets ideally should always be non Gameplay tied items - but an acceptable medium of that is early access to things but not exclusive access to them.

I sorta get why people do not want them re released but its not as big of a deal as I see it being made out to be. I still have yet to ever see proof DE said they were exclusive and never coming back. I dont recall it and I was there at the time. I actually cant remember the last time I saw a single person with these equipped in a mission. I get its some sort of pride thing or status thing but its not an MMO where you can sit on your cool exclusive mount infront of everyone and feel like a badass. It just seems shallow to me and kind of a waste. No one paid for it to be exclusive. We didnt even do anything special to acquire them really. If you find it insulting or some sort of a kick in the proverbial nuts from DE then I suppose thats how you feel but I still see this as a battle not worth fighting when it really seems petty over all. Maybe its just me but I am happy others get to have these weapons.

I know I was there for the Beta and had these from way back. I dont need them to be exclusive to be happy Ive been here since the start. Sorry many of you feel otherwise.

Put yourself in the shoes of newer players who started after closed beta, i.e. probably something over 95% of the player base.

DE has had plenty of chances to make weapons exclusive to the time they were introduced, like Event weapons, or Baro weapons, or Anniversary weapons especially.  And yet, they keep bringing this stuff back as a sign that exclusivity isn't really a thing in Warframe. So how is it right that closed beta players get something that is completely exclusive, and nobody else ever again will have the opportunity to earn anything comparable? It might be different if a player now could get something of their own that was going to be super rare a few years down the road, like hey you were a beta tester? Cool lato vandal. I've got this Vorpal Spineripper from the very first time that Plague Star was introduced and now nobody else can ever get a Vorpal Spineripper again.  But DE decided not to do that.

Either exclusivity is a thing, which means every player should have the opportunity to get things in their own time that will some day be rare and special....or exclusivity is not a thing, so things should not remain exclusive. That's really the only two ways to make things fair.  Having a situation where you can never have anything exclusive unless you joined the game 5 years ago is how you make players frustrated and disenfranchised.

(* founder's gear excluded; this can and should remain exclusive for the reasons DE has outlined many times)

Oh another one...

DE have explained this in devstreams...basically never thought game would be here this long, also feel everyone should be able to get eveything etc etc.  Were still thinking it over at the time. 

Being in closed beta is nothing more than being in the right place at the right time, vandal weapons were given out for free so it's not like founders where you actually invested financially for your exclusive items and as such DE can basically do as they please. 

DE have after I assume careful consideration chosen to put vandal weapons back in the game.

So basically every player that exists right now, or even ones that have existed since years ago -- all of which have supported this game and are the reason this game is still in business -- are all unimportant because the were not here (to get lato and braton vandal) when the game first launched?  Please explain to how your misguided sentiment makes sense here.

Never mind.  Don't explain.

3 minutes ago, VampirePirate said:

So basically every player that exists right now, or even ones that have existed since years ago -- all of which have supported this game and are the reason this game is still in business -- are all unimportant because the were not here (to get lato and braton vandal) when the game first launched?  Please explain to how your misguided sentiment makes sense here.

Never mind.  Don't explain.

To whom are you speaking to? I don't think that's what's being said here at all! I don't think you understood what anyone has said in this thread if this is the case! 

It seems some people might not be reading what I said, so I'll say it again:

Now before I continue I want to make it clear that I was never against the weapons coming back. What I'm against is closed beta testers losing something special to us.

My suggestion: Give us legacy skins for Braton and Lato V.

I am not angry that the weapons are coming back in and of themselves. I am not suggesting that they should be locked away forever. I'm saying that they were a gift to closed beta testers. They were a special sentiment from DE to thank us. I want to keep that sentiment.

Edited by Maniac523

21 minutes ago, Maniac523 said:

I am not angry that the weapons are coming back in and of themselves. I am not suggesting that they should be locked away forever. I'm saying that they were a gift to closed beta testers. They were a special sentiment from DE to thank us. I want to keep that sentiment.

You were given a gift. At least you don't have to grind them, I think being saved from that torture is a nice sentiment. I think the weapons were very generous for playing a beta weekend. Honestly, I don't think playing an open beta warrants such attention and accolades. Someone who buys prime access once has technically done for more to support DE in a real sense. I am not judging you for it, if you feel you deserve something extra that is your prerogative.

Who cares? Maybe DE should just make players feel special in general at this point. Unless you paid a bunch of money for something exclusive, just let it go. I don't ever expect or want to get Excalibur Prime, for example. How long do people expect to "feel special"(aka superior)? What is wrong with people these days... :facepalm:

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

16 hours ago, VampirePirate said:

That's your opinion and i don't care what you think.

Seriously? Please remember to be respectful on these forums! These forums are here for furthering the Warframe community! I'm all for hearing opposing opinions as long as it continues to help and build that report between Tenno and creative solutions to new problems! 

If you have no interest in actually providing helpful feedback that adds something to the conversation and Warframe as a whole then you can kindly find another online forum to where others will show as much disrespect for you as you are currently displaying to your fellow Tenno here! 

I'd to see you stay and actually contribute something here, but if you would like to continue being disrespectful than you can leave! 

Sorry you no longer feel special.

But you feeling smug doesn't take precedence over people that want to max all weapons outside of prime Excalibur, Lato and Skana.

Closed beta only had a couple thousand players around, Warframe has grown into hudreds of thousands. Why shouldn't they be able to have weapons they were never given an opportunity to have?

This isn't like Excalibur prime access, this is CLOSED beta, where a limited number of people were selected to play the game.

The OP brings up a good point. Please, take the time to read and comprehend what they actually said as opposed to jumping to conclusions They are asking for something to commemorate their involvement in the Beta now that the Vandal variants of the Lato and Braton are available to everyone. 

The OP is not displaying a sense of entitlement because of these weapons are no longer Beta exclusives. They want others to have them! Maniac523 is simply saying that it would be nice to have another form of recognition for those Tenno involved in the Beta because it was a special time. Anyone who has stayed with DE some the Beta should be recognized and respected! 

Any Tenno who has responded negatively to the OP stating that it is special for those who were involved in the Beta to still have some form of recognition should apologize to Maniac523 and should apologize to the Warframe community at large for making the rest of us look like idiots! 

I'm of these kind of attitudes being present on this forum! I don't want it in a game I enjoy and I'm sure everyone else doesn't either! 

Grow-up, admit you acted like jerks, and let's have a decent time discussing how we can make things better for everyone here. Otherwise get lost!