Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag buff

Ever since mag got nerfed, she has gotten thrown in the gutter and has to rely on her weapons to survive. One of my clan mates went into the simulacram to attempt to prove that she is still viable. Needless to say that it didnt go well. With a full power strength build it took him almost 20 times to strip a heavy gunner, while any other weapon (excluding crit weapons and fang prime) can strip it quicker than mag.

Conclusion: she needs a bit of a buff

Edited by (PS4)XephonixAwesome

She's awesome.  If you're only using her to strip armor, then you're playing her wrong.

1k armor stripped per cast is only one aspect of why she's great, but that's not the whole picture.  I personally use her for low level room clears, shutting down choke points, and doing 500k damage explosions.  

1 minute ago, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

Ever since mag got nerfed, she has gotten thrown in the gutter and has to rely on her weapons to survive. One of my clan mates went into the simulacram to attempt to prove that she is still viable. Needless to say that it didnt go well. With a full power strength build it took him almost 20 times to strip a heavy gunner, while any other weapon (excluding crit weapons and fang prime) can strip it quicker than mag.

So... you tested one, one freaking power instead of the whole kit and concluded she needs a buff.

Conclusion: You both dont know what you are talking about.

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Based on a very specific criteria of armour strip, she needs a buff? What about her cc, shields and damage?

Also, why is this in General Discussion, hmm?

I dont think its worth the effort to ask the why anymore.

Not all warframes are one trick ponies. Try mixing and matching techs instead of just spamming one. In particular, Magnetize and Polarize can make quite a potent combo. Once the target's armor gets lower Crush can give some nice burst damage to finish them off with. Also, Crush can knockdown an entire crowd of enemies with a fairly short animation, Polarize can hit entire defense levels with a duration build, and Magnetize can make just about any ranged weapon in the game absolutely devastating with the right build.

Edited by Yargami

20 minutes ago, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

so you and your friend cant adequately mod or use mag = needs buff? interesting

Edited by xXHobbitXx

while it would be nice for Polarize to also take even just 1% of the Armor/Shields in addition to the Flat Value, Mag still performs excellently as is, just not in the Armor weakening department. instead, brute forcing things through Armor.
Fracturing Crush makes a big difference, though i'm pretty adamant that those sorts of Augments  (that just add Armor Weaken to Abilities) are a bottom level copout sort of bandaid for problems of dealing Damage. doesn't... really solve the problem at all.

Players will notice though.... almost no Warframes do a huge amount without their Weapons. it's not a problem for their Abilities to interface with their Weapons, because you always have some Weapons Equipped, and not using them is just.... why wouldn't you?

Try judging frame base on more than a single aspect of a single ability.

And even if she was genuinely underpowered I doubt DE would ever be quick to get around to addressing her. Mag's performance has been so painfully polarizing since her release from being near unusable to disgustingly overpowered.

Given her past she's actually in a pretty good spot.

2 minutes ago, Syndrella said:

Mag is still good and not sure what she needs as buff. Always a good when we talk about buffs maybe her survivability needs it but she is great right now. Praise the mag.

Dear. You were faster than me right now. 

Mag prime is best prime.

Mag can strip armour in a second and even without stripping armour she can kill a group of lvl 135 Heavy Gunners in seconds using magnetize.

With counter pulse she has good CC against most Grineer and Corpus enemies and it also makes them helpless against Magnetize's pull for the stun duration.

I think Mag is very strong right now. She can do a lot of consistent area damage with Pull and Polarize, and, if you have the Counter Pulse augment, both of those abilities also keep enemies from attacking you. Magnetize will let you kill almost any priority target without trouble (this makes sentient hunting on Lua very easy). If you bump your power strength up over 200% and have a way to manage your energy, you can make Mag one of the best AoE DPS frames in the game.

Mag's weakness is, of course, that she lacks personal defenses, but you can shore that up by staying mobile, using cover, using melee blocking, or cooperating with a defensive frame. If you don't enjoy playing her, that's fine, but I'd recommend you play around with some high power-strength builds next time you feel like giving her a shot.

Edited by freeformline

A buff to the most powerful and versatile frame? No thanks, there's enough Mag bandwagoners already that dunno how to play her; taking up space in my squads.

With magnetize and 1 corro-heat pox with punch-thru, you can completely strip armor from an entire group of lvl 150+ bombards; killing them with 2 pox.

With crush giving tons of overshields, the only 'defensive' mod she needs is vitality; but even that isn't necessary.

With energizing dash, stretch, overextended, and cunning drift you can literally stand in the middle of any defense mission and just spam polarize/crush. With the same build you can put up 4 magnetize bubbles in the 4 corners of the map - deleting anything that's 60-100m away from you; ***behind*** obstacles.

Need some fieldron/mutagen/detonite? Add cunning/endurance drift, intensify and firewalker so you can speed through the entirety of invasions without the need for any weapons. Get 8k focus from the boons while ur at it.

With that 40% duration you can kill an entire group of lvl 150+ infested ***buffed*** by disruptors by magnetizing/killing a ***charger*** with an aoe and/or punch-thru weapon; a hikou prime with concealed explosives is more than sufficient.

Don't like 40% duration? Get 155%, magnetize the last couple mobs in any sortie defense mission, kill them, let the next wave spawn, pull them into the magnetize, wait until 1s b4 explosion, magnetize the group, 1st magnetize explodes, next wave spawns, repeat. Sortie defense done in 4 minutes.

Make some Mag Prime specters with the arca plasmor, camp in a survival with the specter in the furthest corner away from the door. It'll spam polarize non-stop since mobs will be too far to hit with the primary, and if mobs do come in range, they'll be CC'd by the 100% impact proc. Oh, and it'll NEVER run out of ammo.

You could also use the amprex on the specter to constantly CC an entire group of mobs - perfect for those 4800+ cryo runs.

Mag + pilfroid in any corpus/grineer/corrupted survival and you can spend the first 90 minutes just using swarm and polarize/magnetize. With infested, you'd use crush instead of polarize. If you're behind a closed door you can just use pull/magnetize to save some energy 🙂

Mag is also way too overpowered to be one of the starter frames. Here's a few reasons why:

• The energy orbs from pull makes her the best spammer of the three frames.
  • Magnetize completely trivializes all the bosses.
  • The innate vacuum loooong before having a companion is OP.
  • Her skills are silent along with the MK-1 kunai; making all spy/rescue missions a cakewalk.
  • You can even magnetize/kunai the grineer sentries (or w/e they're called) without setting off the alarms.
  • You can easily reach well over 1400 (over)shields with a R0 crush; making her the tankiest of the three frames. 
  • You can achieve R30 on her in the first 2 hours from the free affin booster; soloing content.
  • From hour 3 onwards, pull is enough to one shot every thing; giving you tons of energy orbs in the process.
  • Concealed explosives on a hikou (MR 2 secondary) can carry you through the ENTIRE star chart. You can start running liths after the prologue/tutorial, making the acquisition of the mod extremely easy. You'd be getting the mod and the hikou at the same time (MR 2); on your second day (less than 8 hrs of real time spent).
  • You will never need to rank any other frame, except for Mag Prime of course, meaning no new warframe slots need to be purchased. Missing 1-2 MR levels really isn't bad. 

I could keep going, but I already know this will prolly start a chain. It is Mag ofc....

EDIT - Actually, the only reason for more warframe slots would be for more Mag Primes so you can have 1 for every situation ^_^

Edited by giglyfoot