Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DO NOT nerf Saryn because of ESO

eXotic

Why was my ''FEEDBACK'' post moved in to Community -- > General discussion??

I want to have a discussion here, if you have no ideas, potential fixes or constructive criticism to post, please refrain from posting, thank you!

Replying to a tweet made by Pablo (who designed the current rework) stating;

'' Saryn update I've been watching streams, videos and reading tons of feedback. There's a lot of actionable and constructive ideas to go on. Expect changes. Big ones! ''

'' definitely want to try and preserve the feel, but make her stronger in normal missions and not as broken in Sanctuary Onslaught. Wish me luck ''

Please, for the love of god DO NOT CHANGE saryn because you're looking at a completely BROKEN GAME MODE.

Her 1st ability, although has infinite scaling, has been nerfed to the ground, you can't effectively spread her spores anymore because everything dies way too quickly, it's not the fault of the ability though, but the design of the abilities spread, looking at Elite Sanctuary Onslaught to rework a frame is the most dumbest thing you could do, it's not realistic, it's easy to spread spores because of the ludicrous amounts of enemies spawning..

Looking at DE's past ''Reworks'' (Nerfs(Ember)) her first might recieve a ''Lower range Over time'' nerf for her spreading capabilities, which would render her ability useless..

Please Don't do this, Try increasing her spreading capabilities instead of nerfing her because of a, broken game mode.

Please.

EDIT: To clarify; You can not compare Regular missions to ESO when it comes to damage frames, spores is no different, the enemy spawning mechanic in that gamemode is on STEROIDS which means that we will never run out of enemies, so spores spread infinitely, this is not the case in regular missions..

Due to the increasing view and reply rate to this post;

- I suggest lowering the damage on Saryn's 1st ability, which will make the damage in ESO take significantly more time to reach that limit

- Increase the spread on spores ( NOT THE RANGE ON WHICH YOU CAN CAST THEM ) to reduce the issue in regular missions

Edited by eXotic

It becomes more and more clear why they "developed" the Enemy Onslaught mission with scaling enemies in 1 tile, its to collect data from players and "BALANCE" weapons, warframes and play style around it despite the FACT they stated MULTIPLE TIMES ON DEVSTREAMS TO NOT COLLECT DATA NOR TO "BALANCE" BUILD AROUND ONSLAUGHT RESULTS. 
Will you please stop nerfing our weapons and frames to the point of being hilarious to even thing playing with them, instead fix ur enemy AI, enemy's insane armor scaling and damage output. Fix ur game before taking our play styles we grinded months for. 
You are doing exactly the OPPOSITE of what you've stated MULTIPPLE times on live streams.
Don't start me on what you've turned the melee into with the recent "balance", its hilarious and sad at the same time but that's for another topic. 

I wanted to state that ESO was just a Data collecting game mode designed to Weed out the most fun/efficient ways to speed up the farming process..  but i refrained myself for some reason..

3 minutes ago, Aleksi134 said:

Im not suprised, as soon as something is good DE decides to nerf it to the ground as fast as possible. Saryn is already good at normal missions aswell if you want to kill stuff.

I love most of the changes to Saryn, the change to corrosive spores as well, but even with a 235 or 250 range build (which makes my damage/eff or survivability suffer, it's really hard to keep a consistent spread going for a longer duration..

Edited by eXotic

I really hope they don't. Nerfing Saryn because of ESO is like nerfing Ash and Loki because of Spy.

Yes I'm aware the level of popularity of Onslaught is higher, the logic is still exactly the same. You can substitute other things here, such as Zephyr on the Plains of Eidolon, demonstrating a frame that dominates a certain game mode of the EXACT opposite type that Saryn does.

If they're going to make changes, they need to be very careful about how they do it and consider all the variables. They CERTAINLY didn't with Ember.

"Hey, this warframe is pretty good at killing hordes of enemies in a game about killing hordes of enemies, lets nerf her to the gound!"

DE's attitude and mindset that if it's good it must get nerfed, is getting pretty annoying. Why not just let your players have fun for once? Oh right, I forgot the grind must be tedious as possible to prolong playtime. And then DE wonders why new players leave so fast.

soon as i hear word "buff" to anything. i already know what it means "nerfing sqaud incoming" Saryn is as powerful she was before the rework. its just everyone started to use her again to see whats new and nerf sqaud awaken with word "buff", there is WAY more powerful frames to use then saryn. saryn is posion and venmon killer. its all buff and takes time to kill. only ones to drop down is star chart. 30 and below really. 

1 minute ago, Celimbor said:

"Hey, this warframe is pretty good at killing hordes of enemies in a game about killing hordes of enemies, lets nerf her to the gound!"

DE's attitude and mindset that if it's good it must get nerfed, is getting pretty annoying. Why not just let your players have fun for once? Oh right, I forgot the grind must be tedious as possible to prolong playtime. And then DE wonders why new players leave so fast.

sadly, thats the truth. i already knew it was going to happen. "any frame that has very good powerful feel makes you smile by power fantasy will get nerfed!" ~ nerf sqaud and fun police.

2 hours ago, eXotic said:

Her 1st ability, although has infinite scaling, has been nerfed to the ground

False. Don't lie dude, have some faith. 

Though it is harder to spread them, than it used to be. I think that's something they slightly overlooked, and I hope they make it better while keeping infinite scaling. 

Except the reason for the changes is to make Saryn better for the rest of the game (as in normal mission she has blatant issues in keeping spores active) while making her a less AFK frame in onslaught due to how that mode works.

Infinite Scaling and Duration WITH a self propagating ability was bound to be nerfed. The fact that people are surprise this is Happening, baffles me

3 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

Except the reason for the changes is to make Saryn better for the rest of the game (as in normal mission she has blatant issues in keeping spores active) while making her a less AFK frame in onslaught due to how that mode works.

Infinite Scaling and Duration WITH a self propagating ability was bound to be nerfed. The fact that people are surprise this is Happening, baffles me

Who said they are suprised?

2 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

False. Don't lie dude, have some faith. 

Though it is harder to spread them, than it used to be. I think that's something they slightly overlooked, and I hope they make it better while keeping infinite scaling. 

Sorry, how was i wrong? her first ability was used for affinity farming, spreading spores to entire rooms of enemies in mere seconds, her first ability as it is now and powerful as it is, is nowhere near as effective as it was before outside ESO, you can't say otherwise..

3 hours ago, Buzkyl said:

Have you tried doing a normal mission with saryn using overextended to bring her power down to 40% maybe that’ll help with spores being too powerful for normal missions. Or maybe that plus intensify if 40% pwr is too low. Serious questions here. I’m on Xbox so I can’t test it.

The quote literally says they want to make Saryn more viable outside of Onslaught and make her less broken in the already broken gamemode, so to me it sounds like the intent is to buff her for 98% of the game's content, while making her less cheesy in that one super cheesy gamemode that shouldn't matter.

I mean, I won't rule out that the DEvs could end up inadvertently nerfing her, but we won't know until they actually give us details on what they're gonna do, so I think it's a bit early to start "Saryn Ruined Forever Thread #364."

8 minutes ago, Paradoxbomb said:

The quote literally says they want to make Saryn more viable outside of Onslaught and make her less broken in the already broken gamemode, so to me it sounds like the intent is to buff her for 98% of the game's content, while making her less cheesy in that one super cheesy gamemode that shouldn't matter.

I mean, I won't rule out that the DEvs could end up inadvertently nerfing her, but we won't know until they actually give us details on what they're gonna do, so I think it's a bit early to start "Saryn Ruined Forever Thread #364."

That I wouldn’t mind, but he said BIG changes... I’m scared for y’all 

She makes ESO her complete *@##$, its obviously not balanced in the slightest. 235% range, one spore cast and all i have to do is run laps around the map doing nothing.

Its a tricky situation, Spore cancels itself out fast outside of ESO but in ESO its broken as hell.

42 minutes ago, eXotic said:

your point being?

My point being is that from the little we know from the developers intent (not even a plan yet), your OP ignored the fact that Pablo wants to buff spores for the vast majority of the game's content. Instead started crying nerf, baselessly theorycrafting potential negative changes that make no sense, and you focused on the one single gamemode that meshes perfectly with new Spores. Onslaught isn't broken by the way, the only issue is that it constantly spawns new unSpored enemies into the same tight space as Spored ones, so Spores can do their work and scale infinitely with no additional input. Don't kid yourself, that amount of free power in a single gamemode make Saryn broken for Onslaught. It's really up to the Devs which thingthey fix, but given that many find Spores disappointing in most non-Onslaught content, it makes sense to fix it.

My point is that the designer wants to buff it for most areas of the game and prevent it from being exploitative in the single gamemode that it does that in, but decided to ignore that in favor of chomping at the nerf bit.