Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we Degrade mods?

(XBOX)Oussii

This is why, 5 years ago, I made it my mission to collect one copy of every mod for every rank of that mod, within reason. Done a pretty good job about it as well.

I would love a rank down option, I could get rid of SO MANY MODS and have more endo than Id know what to do with, but it would involve issues when the same mods are used on the different equipment, loadouts would be slower to swap to because if you downranked a mod, it would apply to every loadout that mod was used on. They don't save mods to loadouts, only the equipment and which of the 3 mod builds you selected for that equipment. The mods are stored on the weapons and frames themselves. It would cause some backlash there.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

44 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

This has been asked many times before, DE did address it before and sadly denied the proposal of being able to downgrade mods.

Could you give us their reasoning if they had any? I can't seem to think of any reason not to be able to downgrade your mods.Only upsides.

6 minutes ago, Jarl_Baalin said:

Could you give us their reasoning if they had any? I can't seem to think of any reason not to be able to downgrade your mods.Only upsides.

Did you read Rebecca's response?

"under the hood it is a bit of a nightmare with the way Mod info is stored per account. It is a very, very hard issue to solve"

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Did you read Rebecca's response?

"under the hood it is a bit of a nightmare with the way Mod info is stored per account. It is a very, very hard issue to solve"

Sorry, I glanced over that one. Thanks for the re-quote 🙂

14 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

Sometimes, you upgrade a mod then you discover later on that you made a mistake.

33 minutes ago, Robolaser said:

Prime mods awarded as daily tribute milestones can't be acquired twice. They aren't tradeable either.

Not really a lot of "mistakes" you can make. Corrupted mods, maybe, but your normal "these only make you stronger" mods only really have one mistake you can make: you're out of drain points. And that's where a Forma comes in

It's something I have been wondering for ages now. Ever since mods were implemented, really. Why can't we "power down" upgraded mods? I mean, DE has complained that their databases get a bit futsy with there being THOUSANDS of mods per player even without them having each of them at certain levels. Now, I understand that the actual tech for it might not be as easy to create, but it would be AMAZING for mod organization and simple quality of life to be able to have one max rank mod you can power down to needed level. So you can't fit it at max? Knock it down a notch. 

And I repeat: having multiple versions of the same mod at different ranks is a nightmarish bandaid. Arguments about forma are also somewhat undermined by the fact that not everyone sits on a lot of them. 

il y a 14 minutes, TARINunit9 a dit :

And that's where a Forma comes in

Some builds are just impossible, even with 8 formas. Here's a quick example where you can't fit everything if mods are all fully ranked:

serration, heavy cal, split chamber, primed shred

primed cryo, primed mutation, primed bane, riven

11 minutes ago, Robolaser said:

Some builds are just impossible, even with 8 formas. Here's a quick example where you can't fit everything if mods are all fully ranked:

serration, heavy cal, split chamber, primed shred

primed cryo, primed mutation, primed bane, riven

99 times out of 100, this will literally never be the best build. To be honest I doubt you could even name one weapon where it is. Sure you can say that it isn't possible, but would it ever matter that it's not?
Juuuust sayin'.

il y a 9 minutes, Azlen a dit :

99 times out of 100, this will literally never be the best build. To be honest I doubt you could even name one weapon where it is. Sure you can say that it isn't possible, but would it ever matter that it's not?
Juuuust sayin'.

Irrelevant. Also if it's 99 times out of 100, it's not literally never (or always). Juuuust sayin'

16 minutes ago, Robolaser said:

Irrelevant.

State your case otherwise. Prove an example where it's relevant.

16 minutes ago, Robolaser said:

Also if it's 99 times out of 100, it's not literally never (or always).

Again, defend your point and step up to the plate. I said this because I can't personally say with 100% certainty there isn't a weapon where it is the best build. Thus, leaving room for you to debate as you seem to be trying to do. Off the top of my head, I'd say there is no weapon with any reasonable level of power where this would matter. I expected you to at least attempt to defend your point. You failed though, responding with a glorified version of "nu-uh!" (bratty high-pitched tone included).

But we're off topic. So enjoy your day good sir.

On topic: I've always been the mindset of if I need different ranks of mods, I simply get multiple copies of them.
I've got a 5/5 and 3/5 Fleeting Expertise for obvious reasons, but I've also got a 4/5 and 2/5 Fleeting Expertise for less obvious reasons (where capped efficiency is desired but slightly more duration is still important, and Arcane Essence Loki Helmet minmaxing respectively).

I do think there's value in degrading mods, but not to the necessary degree. What I DO think would be cool would be if they gave some system to empower a max-ranked mod that, upon insertion, allowed you to choose whichever rank you wanted it to be in that particular build. So your Max ranked Blind Rage could still function as a 2/10, 5/10, 7/10, etc, whichever you want/need for this current build. Something akin to Forma'ing, but for a mod, potentially having to pay the credit and endo cost to re-level it again, but then gain this functionality. Again, not necessary at all, but it could be pretty cool.

Edited by Azlen