Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You cannot defy your creator (the sacrifice hype website)

DJ_Vauban

4 minutes ago, (XB1)PredakingXYT said:

it does sound like Hunhow, after all, the lower pitch as you mentioned, why change Ballas' voice slightly? Plus, the E3 trailer voice has a similar distortion to Hunhow's, along with the accent.

The voice doesn't sound like Hunhow. The accent is completely different. And it does not have a robotic distortion like Hunhow.

52 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

The voice doesn't sound like Hunhow. The accent is completely different. And it does not have a robotic distortion like Hunhow.

I hear the distortion, and it sounds like his voice to me.  I suppose we will know soon enough. Or, I'm on Xbox, so, somebody will know soon enough.

Edited by (XB1)PredakingXYT

23 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

10 minutes ago, (XB1)PredakingXYT said:

I hear the distortion, and it sounds like his vice to me.  I suppose we will know soon enough. Or, I'm on Xbox, so, somebody will know soon enough.

I don't think it sounds like hunhow at all, but i can get where you're coming from. It does kinda sound similar, but the accent and some slight differences in the voice sound way too much like ballas to be hunhow. It feels more like they put similar or the same effects on ballas's voice.

23 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Just wanted to say I love your name.  👍

Haha, thanks!

26 minutes ago, icemasterJ said:

I don't think it sounds like hunhow at all, but i can get where you're coming from. It does kinda sound similar, but the accent and some slight differences in the voice sound way too much like ballas to be hunhow. It feels more like they put similar or the same effects on ballas's voice.

I also get why people don't think it's hunhow, however, I think the voice is similar enough to the point where it would make sense in the context of the situation ( Lotus gone, Ballas' created the Warframes, likely including Umbra). Or perhaps I am connecting nonexistent dots...

46 minutes ago, (XB1)PredakingXYT said:

Haha, thanks!

I also get why people don't think it's hunhow, however, I think the voice is similar enough to the point where it would make sense in the context of the situation ( Lotus gone, Ballas' created the Warframes, likely including Umbra). Or perhaps I am connecting nonexistent dots...

I guess we are in the minority, but pitch and tone wise, I think the voice sounds *exactly* like Hunhow. I watched the latest sacrifice teaser and the Second Dream trailer back to back - I swear it's the same voice.

3 hours ago, zerofighter005v said:

Sorry... wrong month.

Hopefully, the quest won''t be as irritating as "The War Within", like the part where the operator has to evade traps or something...

Yeah, The War Within had some really cool moments and was strong lorewise but essentially, it was a tutorial. [ Still loved it ]

What if Ballas performed continuity on Umbra's Operator? This would mean Ballas is speaking directly to Umbra as the trailers would have us believe.

It would explain his corrupted voice and appearance, maybe his corruption is just a natural side effect of having possessed void powers for so long.

I dunno, this is just a crackpot theory I came up with on the toilet.

What if lotus is a operator for the umbra frame. You see on trailer that lotus tree is dead and umbra scream maybe because he lost his lotus. And in final act she gives you umbra so that you can remember her...

7 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

What if lotus is a operator for the umbra frame. You see on trailer that lotus tree is dead and umbra scream maybe because he lost his lotus. And in final act she gives you umbra so that you can remember her...

Lotus tree? The hell, what are lotus trees? Looks like a Sakura tree to me though.

Edited by Evil

1 minute ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Maybe, Ballas was the operator of Umbra.

Ballas has become corrupted/possessed by the Void.

The Void is talking to Umbra using Balla's body.

I like this idea. We will find out soon.  Maybe the man in the wall took over his mind?

I don't think Umbra has an operator. 

In the Second Dream your frame acts on its own will to protect you.
So I think Umbra is a frame without an operator (but could have one if it accepted the transference, but has it's ability to fully act alone) 

Or it could be controlled by the Void, but who knows

There was one theory that I read in the Umbra megathread which I liked very much.

It was based on the notion of balance kinda like "where there is light, there is dark".

So, the gist of the idea is that what we have now is our "good/light" side and we have forgotten about our "evil/dark" past.

Our operator's memories have not fully recovered.

Then, due to the subconscious of our operator, our forgotten "evil/dark" side is manifestering itself as Stalker to try and bring balance to the equation.

This quest will be about us accepting this other side of us and Stalker will be Umbra.

If I combine this theory with the theory in my earlier post, there might be something even more thought-provoking.

How sure are we that the Zariman Ten-Zero kids who returned are indeed the same kids?

Are we 100% certain there were kids in the first place?

And even if indeed they are the same kids, how sure are we that their consciousness have not already been taken over by the Void?

What if we are the Void?

What if we just forgotten everything and what we know so far are all based on other people's accounts and they simply did not know?

Whatever DE plans to do with this quest, I really hope it is as mind-blowing as The Second Dream storywise.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

37 minutes ago, Evil said:

Lotus tree? The hell, what are lotus trees? Looks like a Sakura tree to me though.

Haha yea you are right but you forgot that this is a sci fi world... 😂👍 sorry I didn't add that tree is more like represent tree of life in this case lotus life.

Edited by Vlada91

7 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Thats a cherry blossom tree. You are mistaking it for a lotus flower.

Cherry blossoms or sakurai tree as they are also known are symbolized by the fragility and beauty of life. And how life can be short.

The sakurai withering in the sacrifice E3 trailer is to symbolize the death of someone.

Edited by Vilemyre

52 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

I don't think Umbra has an operator. 

In the Second Dream your frame acts on its own will to protect you.
So I think Umbra is a frame without an operator (but could have one if it accepted the transference, but has it's ability to fully act alone) 

Or it could be controlled by the Void, but who knows

Looking at the apostasy cutscene, Lotus was under The Reservoir chamber..... And she was attached to that place with cables, imprisoned.

So, what we saw in our ship was Lotus' mental projection.  So if she could do that, she could also perform a brief transference with our impaled warframe to break that sword.

That is my theory about second dream.

EDIT:  Also, in the comics, Lotus was able to pull a transference that alowed excalibur's operator to escape from Vor's Ascaris device. Lotus' mind also kicked out Vor's mind away from that transference. Once excalibur's transference was interrupted, that warframe remained there like a dead body, useless for Vor's plans.

So, that proves Lotus has some skills with transference powers.

Edited by AnGeL_KRoM

What if, just what if, Umbra isn't a frame controlled by an Operator ... but a frame literally built around an operator grafted into it permanently?