Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So....this again..?

Do those of us who opt to NOT be spoiled by cinematic lore bombs on console need to leave the forums for an undetermined length of time again to avoid those on PC who are little too "excitable" about their findings? 

Personal feelings: It'd be nice to not treat the next update like Second Dream 2.0 and still want to lurk around otherwise.

Not much DE can do about it homie.

Hopefully people are decent enough to keep stuff underwraps with spoiler tags and junk.

Edited by StinkyPygmy
I know I'll keep spoilers out of the titles of any threads I make at least.

If you don't want Spoilers ya gotta not hang around where spoilers are going to be. 

Hell I managed to avoid knowing who we elected president for a whole week, anything is possible if you try hard enough. 

DE tends to keep a pretty strict policy on spoilers when cinematic quests come out. Obviously you can never be too careful, but if memory serves they were pretty quick about swatting things like spoilers in thread titles and/or spoilers given without spoiler tags.

Do what you think will get the job done, I say.

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

If you don't want Spoilers ya gotta not hang around where spoilers are going to be. 

Hell I managed to avoid knowing who we elected president for a whole week, anything is possible if you try hard enough. 

Me personally, I wish I could have kept it that way.....

2 hours ago, NinthAria said:

DE tends to keep a pretty strict policy on spoilers when cinematic quests come out. Obviously you can never be too careful, but if memory serves they were pretty quick about swatting things like spoilers in thread titles and/or spoilers given without spoiler tags.

Do what you think will get the job done, I say.

I'm more worried about in game chat, to be honest. Way I see it, I have two options. Either avoid the forums and chat entirely.. including trade chat for like a month, or just watch A stream or something the day it comes out and embrace it. I'd rather have it "spoiled" by me watching it than by some goober in trade chat typing SO AND SO KILLS SO AND SO LOL.

Unfortunately this is the nature of PC and Console games getting split update times. At least when the consoles get something though, it's usually pretty fleshed out and clean of bugs. Game breaking bugs that is. Namely because consoles are all the same, and PC's are mostly different and are a nightmare to test for. 

In terms of spoilers, people are people. I know I avoid the forums, even if I am a PC player and know the outcome and all the glorious beauty that is the quest because I know I can't contain my desire to chat about EVERY detail. Kick the habit. My greatest hope is that the update comes as swiftly as possible for consoles so they too can enjoy a Sacrifice. 

Also, I still stand behind the thought that Vay Hek predicted this quest. "Tenno! ARE YOU READY FOR A SACRIFICE?"

Maybe it's time for DE to update their partner program rules at least to the point where they disallow them to post video with spoilers IN THE GOD DAMN TITLE.

It's one thing to see a video in your sub feed titles "leak about X", which you can simply chose to not view, but another if the it contains the leaked info itself. Not cool.

i think thats over reacting, you'll only end up seeing spoilers if you look for it, its no because theres a thread talking about it that u need to read that,
you could also opt out to only see xbox/ps4 threads in the forums settings, so nothing pc reaches you.

And how would you get spoiled in chat ?
they are not the same, hard to see a xbox/ps4 chat having spoiler talks about something that only appeared in pc

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

34 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

i think thats over reacting, you'll only end up seeing spoilers if you look for it, its no because theres a thread talking about it that u need to read that,
you could also opt out to only see xbox/ps4 threads in the forums settings, so nothing pc reaches you.

And how would you get spoiled in chat ?
they are not the same, hard to see a xbox/ps4 chat having spoiler talks about something that only appeared in pc

Because some people play on more than one platform and might be really excited about the new stuff that they just have to tell people. Or some console players might just check out partner content or other streams and videos showcasing the newest content and then go running their mouth in chat. Could be done innocently without thinking about it or just to be that person who spoils it for everyone for "teh lulz".

Region chat is pretty scummy for other reasons but I wouldn't put it past them to do just what I described.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

Personal feelings: It'd be nice to not treat the next update like Second Dream 2.0 and still want to lurk around otherwise.

well, as long as the PC users do their bit by adding Spoiler Tags to threads and/or containing major plot points within hidden spoilers, you should be able to go wherever you want without fear of the quest being spoiled for you.

it is however a much safer bet to avoid the forums entirely, but that's an extreme course of action you don't have to take unless you want to. I'll probably camp out on the Discord Server unless some interesting threads show up.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

well, as long as the PC users do their bit by adding Spoiler Tags to threads and/or containing major plot points within hidden spoilers, you should be able to go wherever you want without fear of the quest being spoiled for you.

it is however a much safer bet to avoid the forums entirely, but that's an extreme course of action you don't have to take unless you want to. I'll probably camp out on the Discord Server unless some interesting threads show up.

OH! Which Discord server do you inhabit Mr. Wars? I've been thinking about getting back into a bit of idea showcasing over there.

See this is why I wish they'd release both simultaneously. I know they have to go through cert but I wish they'd put it though ahead of time. I don't care about bugs and S#&$ I just want to experience the conclusion myself but I know that no matter what I do its going to be spoiled. I can't watch YouTube cuz partners will be posting it, it will be in chat, on the forums. Its never gonna happen but I can wish

I know it's hard but try and bear with it lol, we PC players basically get all the bugs in the game anyways XD so imagine if we got stuck halfway through and couldn't finish, but you guys get the clean version lol 

Well with The Second Dream i think the forum community did an admirable job in trying to avoid unwanted spoilers. 

Then again if you browse every Warframe related platform assiduously during that time window you're bound to be spoiled at least something... 

You cannot expect people to not talk about massive revelations from a cinematic quest. On the flip side, obviously malicious attempts to spoil things, for no other reason then to be an ass, can and should have something done about it.

11 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I'm more worried about in game chat, to be honest. 

Do you actually read Region chat?  I play on PC with an XBOX controller and rarely ever notice chat because it tends to be invisible by default on my client.  Is it more noticeable on consoles?  Even when my Clan is having a conversation, I'm usually extremely late to respond as I don't notice it blinking (since it's so slight).  

Edited by AlMcFly
Words

4 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Everybody you love dies.

do you understand how $&*&*#(%&ed this sounds? is it supposed to be funny? 

are you mentally challenged? you not supposed to say such S#&$ to people

Edited by Atekron

16 hours ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

Do those of us who opt to NOT be spoiled by cinematic lore bombs on console need to leave the forums for an undetermined length of time again to avoid those on PC who are little too "excitable" about their findings? 

It sucks OP, but DE doesn't have much control over the release. I'm sure efforts will be made to contain and label spoilers, but if you want to stick around here then you will need to be ready for it to be spoiled.

Not everyone may feel the same way, but personally I've found spoilers to be not that impactful for me. Yes I'd like to find out by watching it happen, but often it's the quality of how something is delivered that matters most. If someone can spoil content for you and witnessing that content first hand evokes no interest, emotion, or engagement because you know what will happen then perhaps the execution is what's really lacking. When The Second Dream came out I actually spoiled it for myself because I wasn't playing Warframe very much but I had seen some dust kicked up about the latest quest and was curious. Seeing it second hand via youtube didn't change how inspired I was to basically decide it was the greatest quest I'd seen in a game, and it didn't change how amazing it was to experience it firsthand myself. I still get chills going back to that quest again even today.

Ultimately I personally put execution over content. What really makes a spoiler epic is how invested you become in the details leading up to it and how its delivered.