Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's Exalted Weapons + Limbo: A Quick Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, sceneris said:

i used limbo for sortie spy and mobile defense, was excited to get limbo prime, after seeing the nerfs, forget it not getting

i dont get it. so because DE also agrees with their fan base that limbo shouldnt be telling people how to interact with the game, you dont want to get his prime? imo this fix is not enough. stasis is not the core problem and to avoid controversy they will likely not do anything with the rift. limbo could be so much more with his current theme but one thing that should never be allowed in ANY multiplayer online game is 1 player having the ability to dictate how other players play the game.

6 minutes ago, Zylofan said:

It's only a buff if you hadn't already made an amazing melee weapon to cut down stasis enemies. I am getting no meaningful dmg buff from this, just a 50% cut on my stasis time.

There is nothing stopping you from continuing to use your amazing melee weapon to cut down enemies in Stasis but you nor those you are grouped with will be forced to do so. 

As for the stasis timer, it really doesn't seem like that huge of a deal. I know my Limbo has almost 80 seconds, which if cut in half still gives me a pretty respectable 40 seconds before I need to recast it. And even if it was shorter, limbo regenerates energy while in the rift so it isn't like he's in short supply of juice to recast it. 

Right now I'd just be thankful that they really only pushed some stopgaps before Limbo Prime because I have a feeling if they had more time Limbo would probably be looking at yet another total rework. 

Just now, (XB1)JashinWorshiper said:

i love limbo! but how much you wanna bet people will still b*tch and moan about SOMETHING towards him..? 😕

making a valid complaint about a frame that takes control out of other peoples hands isnt b*tching but you know there are always people who only think of themselves.

4 minutes ago, Oreades said:

There is nothing stopping you from continuing to use your amazing melee weapon to cut down enemies in Stasis but you nor those you are grouped with will be forced to do so. 

I never said there was. You stated that no matter how you look at it this is a buff and I pointed out how that was untrue. 

Gaining the ability to use guns does nothing for me, I just lose half my durration. 

No matter how you slice it, from MY position, this is only a nerf.

Overall sounds like decent ideas, but idk how I feel about the changes to Limbo. My biggest problem is with the duration reduction, and then no changes were made to the #1 ability. It still needs work and retweaks imo. original concept was single target and defaulted to "in" rift. where as the newer "cone" concept targets multiple enemies or allies but puts them in the polar opposite dimension as you are (limbo). I'd like to see the skill adjustable via mods or skill alternate feature like ivara's arrows or Khora's cat stances to change between single target or multiple. Id also like to see the one prioritize putting allies or enemies in the rift as a default and if said enemy is in the rift expel them on 2nd cast.

I personally liked to "bullet stop" effect of the time stop buff, spam all your OP bullets into the face of an enemy, then unfreeze. But at the same time I can understand the issue of "solo" limbo versus "party" limbo

Overall, keep the time stop at 30secs, make modifications to limbo #1 and I can see great change and expectation out of limbo

1 hour ago, Zylofan said:

I never said there was. You stated that no matter how you look at it this is a buff and I pointed out how that was untrue. 

Gaining the ability to use guns does nothing for me, I just lose half my durration. 

No matter how you slice it, from MY position, this is only a nerf.

Agreed

On 2018-06-11 at 9:11 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

And Limbo...
To put Limbo's Stasis in a more cooperative position, it has been changed to only stop-time for Enemies. Limbo's gear and all Ally gear will continue to function. But, because complete time-halting for enemies within the Rift is akin to godly power, the duration of the ability has been shortened overall - from base 30 seconds to 15 seconds. This is of course affected by Mods.

CoWZ05t.gif

No pun intended ^  but seriously.. we don't need another compromise vacuum within situation.. if you are so keen on nerfing him at least don't do it 50%, maybe 25-30% instead?

While I do not main limbo (maining any frame on WF is so silly..) , but I do occasionally use him time to time (again no pun intended 😄 ) But now I see him even less appealing in comparison of other WF I could bring that do the same job better and with less hassle in my opinion.

Just my two ducats,

~Jester.

Orrrrrr, you could just make it where all damage is applied at the end of stasis and it actually shows you how much damage you're doing to their health beforehand.

Sure this would allow him to troll with defense missions but he would be nowhere near the first frame that has that ability

I have a great idea that could make limbo alot more team focused. I do like the new changes and we can add a bit more. It's not huge it's basically taking away the ability to Banish allies. What that means is the only way teamates can enter the rift is through the rift portal. Enemys however can still be Banish

The new stasis change is rly good for teamplay but there are limbo players who actually liked the bullet stop mode of stasis .

So they ask for an augment to keep that bullet stop mode ... in my opinion that would be just another bandaid augment .

So i thought of possible solution to make everyone happy 😉

Well i think i found a solution ...

Make stasis a two mode ability so you can change playstyle on the go (similiar to how ivaras quiver works or vaubans grenades )

1.Mode : Stasis effects  the enemies and limbo (but not his teammates)

2.Mode: Stasis effects just the enemies 

With this solution limbo players maintain the ability to stop bullets midair but without effecting their teammates so that everyone can use their prefered playstyle .

22 minutes ago, Planegg said:

The new stasis change is rly good for teamplay but there are limbo players who actually liked the bullet stop mode of stasis .

So they ask for an augment to keep that bullet stop mode ... in my opinion that would be just another bandaid augment .

So i thought of possible solution to make everyone happy 😉

Well i think i found a solution ...

Make stasis a two mode ability so you can change playstyle on the go (similiar to how ivaras quiver works or vaubans grenades )

1.Mode : Stasis effects  the enemies and limbo (but not his teammates)

2.Mode: Stasis effects just the enemies 

With this solution limbo players maintain the ability to stop bullets midair but without effecting their teammates so that everyone can use their prefered playstyle .

Yes, please!

Yay! Finally reverting that Limbo nerf. I really enjoyed playing him back when he was reworked to his current kit and you could shoot whilst time was stopped. I was vocal about the removal of that ability because it FORCED him to be played as a melee frame, lest you never push your stasis button. While stopped bullets were cool for the first exterminate to feel like you're Neo, it was just a major hassle in anything with enemies over level 60 and missions lasting more than 5 minutes. I immediately put limbo down once stasis was nerfed and I'll be happy to pick him up again with his priming, and much much more importantly, the stasis nerf reversal (kind, tho, since you halved his duration now).

On 2018-06-12 at 4:11 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

To put Limbo's Stasis in a more cooperative position, it has been changed to only stop-time for Enemies. Limbo's gear and all Ally gear will continue to function. But, because complete time-halting for enemies within the Rift is akin to godly power, the duration of the ability has been shortened overall - from base 30 seconds to 15 seconds. This is of course affected by Mods.

DE, let me be one among many to say THANK YOU.  This is an incredible change, I'm actually excited to have Limbo players around me again, which is no easy feat.

Heck, tempted to pick up his Prime when it arrives.  Your art team did a great job on his design.  That and as a long time fan of the Destreza, thanks again!

9 hours ago, adsdel said:

Wouldn't it make more sense for Titania to use Arch-Melee/Arch-Gun mods instead?

With all due respect, if Titania's Razorwing used archwing mods, it would, overall, be a nerf to her since archwing mods are actually rather weak by comparison. Also, while I don't know the exact number, of all the mods that exist in this game excluding rivens, probably about 10% of that is archwing exclusive. And that's being generous. Let's take a look at what mods we have for archwing~

Rubedo-Lined Barrel gives +60% damage at max rank. Just 60%. Serration and Hornet Strike give more than twice that amount maxed. Dual Rounds give +30% multishot maxed. Split Chamber? 3x that amount. Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent together? 5x. Hell, even Vigilante Armaments 60% multishot is better than Dual Rounds. Parallax Scope? 80% crit chance. Hollowed Bullets? 60% crit damage. Point Strike? 150% crit chance. Vital Sense? 120% crit damage.

Now for melee. Cutting Edge. 60%. (Regular) Pressure Point. 120%. ...What? That's it?

The only mods that archwing has better are the elemental single stat mods (120% archwing compared to 90% regular, assuming you don't look at Primed Fever Strike), Tempered Blade and Bleeding Edge's 150% crit chance and 110% crit damage, respectively, compared to True Steel and Organ Shatter's 60% crit chance and 90% crit damage, respectively, Modified Munitions and Sudden Impact, both giving 60% status making them better than regular mod's status chance only mods, whatever the hell those pathetic 15% status chance mods are called, and Extend's 80% range compared to (Regular) Reach's 60%, though chances are you'd have Primed Reach instead. ...Huh. Other than Cutting Edge and maybe Reach it seems that archwing melee has better mods than regular ones, though that's not exactly comforting since regular mods have a lot more variety to them.

Archwing does have elemental dual stats, but it's only for heat damage (Searing Steel and Magma Chamber. Extremely rare drop from Razorback, so it's rather pricey)

At the time of this post, we do not yet know how Diwata is going to be buffed, but since most Razorwing builds utilize Dex Pixia I would imagine using archgun mods would be a huge nerf to Titania, possibly the last thing she needs right now. Considering the variety of mods that will be lost if Diwata used archmelee mods instead, well... I don't know about that one.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree that it would make sense that Titania use archwing mods since Razorwing is literally archwing for regular missions. But if they made Titania use archwing mods without making any modifications to archwing in general, I would imagine whatever is left of the people who actually use Titania beyond mastery rank fodder would be furious. Myself included.

And archwing is generally unpopular in this community, so it may take quite a long time before we see any archwing improvements or content. For trollish reasons I do want to see Jordas Golem as a sortie boss.

48 minutes ago, Celetille said:

Yay! Finally reverting that Limbo nerf. I really enjoyed playing him back when he was reworked to his current kit and you could shoot whilst time was stopped. I was vocal about the removal of that ability because it FORCED him to be played as a melee frame, lest you never push your stasis button. While stopped bullets were cool for the first exterminate to feel like you're Neo, it was just a major hassle in anything with enemies over level 60 and missions lasting more than 5 minutes. I immediately put limbo down once stasis was nerfed and I'll be happy to pick him up again with his priming, and much much more importantly, the stasis nerf reversal (kind, tho, since you halved his duration now).

I use Limbo to open Rivens. Have a Riven that requires you to kill 10 enemies with headshots in a single slide without taking damage? Stasis... Line up your head shots.. slide.. during slide, end Stasis.. win. I primarily play Limbo in solo or with a group of my friends, and no longer being able to rely on setting up our shots is just.. disappointing. I'd much rather it be a casting option like one for Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm. Use the ability normally to cast it with the lower duration and effect as detailed in the original post or charge it to use the current version with full duration and projectile stopping effects.

I understand that a whole lot of people seem to have this distrust of Limbo players, but I think it's born out of assuming malice where there is likely only ignorance. People here are arguing against using both by suggesting, essentially, that Limbo players will actively choose the most disruptive way to play and I think that's kind of a #*!%ed up assumption to make. I know if we had the option to do one or the other the vast majority of us would only be using the old effect when it was absolutely needed. Anyway, that's what I'm hoping happens. I'd rather see the current Stasis effect survive as a charge effect for Stasis.

Archived