The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What makes you guys believe we will be sacrificing our operators?

Ny_Soro

11 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

I feel more like an operator was sacrificed in the past to make umbra and this quest, or something like that... Not that our personal operators will be sacrificed.

"Howl all you want... It won't bring him back"
-Ballas

I 100% believe that quote was written for all the people crying for Excalibur Prime.

More like people who absolutely loath Operator are hoping it's the Operator. 

Outside of them I don't think that anyone really thinks that DE is going to throw away every game mechanic tied to the Operator.

1 hour ago, LordOfScrugging said:

pretty sure the sacrifice was already done, as in something ballas sacrificed or an older orokin sacrificed. even if it didn't happen already, the sacrifice isn't something pertaining to us.

You don't think someone who is getting a memorial statue & passed on a tea set to us might sacrifice themself for us? 

2 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

What if Excalibur Umbra is available in the Market for plat?

It wont. DE's contract to chyangou Warframe is that Umbra wont be avalible as a drop nor as a purchase.

Then it will be a Quest reward.

1 hour ago, NullSaint said:

I 100% believe that quote was written for all the people crying for Excalibur Prime.

23 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

That assumption, makes you as bad as them TBH.

>.>

<.<

Spoiler

aWDEEk8.png

:tongue:

Edited by Kaotyke

1 minute ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Sacrifice kid operator to get ADULT operator

Since I understand Chinese and Anime terminology, that disturbingly does not make sense with your username.

But I 100/10 support this. Sacrifice kid for ... something older and prettier. Come on.

2 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

But I 100/10 support this. Sacrifice kid for ... something older and prettier. Come on.

Won't happen. DE want to be original, and you can see pretty (if not overly-glamorous) characters in each and every Korean MMO.

In short: we are stuck with cringy brats. It is like having a cousin who perpetually stuck in his/hers 12

Edited by Teloch

Just now, Teloch said:

Won't happen. DE want to be original, and you can see pretty (if not overly-glamorous) characters in each and every Korean MMO.

Sadly. But a man can dream.

All this "subject 9" and "subject 10" ... couild that be Stalker and Excalibur Umbra respectively, being Warframe experiments in regards to having Operator-less Warframes? Then the "it won't bring him back" could be referring to the Operator of Excalibur Umbra?

Salty wishful thinking, mostly.

That said, I wouldn’t mind too much if it were a choice. Umbra, or Operator abilities. I’d keep my Operator, Umbra ain’t super important to me. It would likely mean that those who choose Umbra would be relegated to the sniper role in Eidolon hunts though.

7 hours ago, NullSaint said:

There is water, all over my desk now. I was drinking when I read that and of course you know how that goes, laughing and such.

We can't sacrifice the operators because then we wouldn't be able to fight Harry, Terry and Gary. 

I'd say it's pretty clear the sacrifice has already happened--when Excal Prime was sacrificed for some reason (maybe Teshin was the first person to control ExcalP). I was worried we'd be losing SpaceMom, but based on the last trailer I think it's ExcalP. The true beauty of this is that it creates a reason for the (general) absence of ExcalP in the lore.

3 hours ago, Azamagon said:

All this "subject 9" and "subject 10" ... could that be Stalker and Excalibur Umbra respectively, being Warframe experiments in regards to having Operator-less Warframes? Then the "it won't bring him back" could be referring to the Operator of Excalibur Umbra?

Related to this,

If this was true in some regard, it could be possible that we will play with Excalibur Umbra (a "wild one", that is), doing random quests with it and such, then meeting OUR Operator/Warframe (or just us simply finding Excalibur Umbra), and once we find this operator-less Excalibur Umbra, he is under the command of Ballas. And due to this, we have to possibly fight it (maybe, maybe not), in some way killing it or freeing it. Possibly even taking out Ballas in the process (as he might join to try and regain control of his "puppet").

Thus, the Sacrifice could be twofolded: 1) The wild Excalibur Umbra possibly having had the need to kill his own Operator, and then 2) us having to kill this Excalibur Umbra (and/or somehow interact with it in some way, maybe letting our Operator take control of it, at the cost of its own demise *shrugs*) to get to, or even kill, Ballas.