Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So apparently Umbra isn't a prime anymore.

VermilionBird

2 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

You don't have to touch the orb, you come within like 5 metres of it. They're usually right in front of doors and in the middle of hallways and stuff. I don't understand how you could miss them unless you were actively trying.

Pretty much my point, you only have to pass them by, you don't have to ''make contact'' with them. And I pass by those things in just about every void mission I do, that's how common they are.

DE removed the Prime Passive because, I am guessing, Founders were getting worked up over Excalibur Umbra being 'superior' when in truth he's merely better-oriented to mass-murdering Sentients and is capable of 'doing stuff without guidance'. Now that Umbra lacks the Prime passive (again, since he's Umbra, he is not a Prime) and has had some fixes to various gameplay elements, he's more of an option.

Founders can pick:
A: Excal P, if they have him, for his slightly superior-to-normal stats, Void passive and 'absolute obedience'.
B: Excal U, if they don't try to delete him, for his unique anti-Sentient variant of Radial Blind, and his ability to 'do stuff without guidance' which in some cases is a hinderance.
Non-Founders would have the normal Excalibur, if they didn't bin him when they got Umbra.

However, personally, Umbra should have a variant of the Prime Passive where the Umbra only gets 1/2 as much energy from the Void orbs. This would meet a compromise for both parties and comply with the fact that Umbra is Orokin-made, for lack of better words.

Also: Umbra is not immune to Helminth cysts, and his near-elbow arm fin things are not properly connected to the forearm; deluxe skins such as the Proto-armour do not hide the Umbra visuals (Umbra visuals should have a toggle).

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Expanded.

The death orb energy is such a non-feature that there's no point even getting worked up over it. You go to the void once in a blue moon, and even then you're so used to getting by without any death orbs, that you don't even notice when it happens.

I really want that passive back, he’s supposed to be the global upgrade, Excal Prime can’t be obtained anymore anyways, sure theres zenurik and energy pizzas and Trinity if you play pub but c’mon

Edited by Caim31

3 hours ago, Rontul said:

- Has acess to better stats.

- His Radial Howl is now the same has Blind with added effect.

- His passive got buffed to being usefull

- Can no longer make use of Death Orbs in the Void.

GOD DAMNED FOUNDERS RUINING EVERYTHING!!!!

yep we salty aight

Lol😂😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Pent_ said:

What does bother me is that Umbra is just more power creep that we don't even have a real use for. It's too bad they made Umbra just a straight Excal Prime buff, I thought Umbra was going to be a side grade, not a carbon copy of what we already have.

Plenty of people dislike Umbra to the point that they consider it a downgrade. It is entirely a point of perspective.

1 hour ago, Exact_Value said:

Cant DE just make Excalibur Prime a skin instead? (They could even make it so that whatever excal the skin is on, it would add a Prime prefix at the end, like Excalibur Umbra Prime...

No, they cannot, as that would violate the contract with Changyou over the exclusivity of Excalibur Umbra Prime. Making the Founder Primes be an additional skin that remains exclusive to Founders would be fine.

41 minutes ago, ConzyFTW said:

I mean Excalibur prime does need SOMETHING to make him slightly worth using over umbra.

38 minutes ago, LightningsVengance said:

Probably couldn't have typed it better myself. Plus, without that minor change players would have literally no reason aside from an "i like him' to not play Excal Umbra over Excal Prime.

I think Excalibur Prime is always supreme by his appearance... almost every nonfounders wanna get one.

24 minutes ago, vFlitz said:

The death orb energy is such a non-feature that there's no point even getting worked up over it. You go to the void once in a blue moon, and even then you're so used to getting by without any death orbs, that you don't even notice when it happens.

For me it's a good thing, I love Void terrain. it reminds me the old things of Warframe (like a Void Key).

38 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

However, personally, Umbra should have a variant of the Prime Passive where the Umbra only gets 1/2 as much energy from the Void orbs. This would meet a compromise for both parties and comply with the fact that Umbra is Orokin-made, for lack of better words.

Maybe this is a common ground between founders and nonfounders. (or replenishing some HP instead of energy) I still don't understand why Excalibur Prime must be the greatest one, and why Umbra should be affected by dat point. DE don't even promised it I guess...

Edited by Dr.Evergreen

3 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Energy from the orbs is so insignificant of a perk I'll never even notice it is gone. Doesn't bother me they made it consistent.

No, it isn't insignificant. It's 250 energy from those things, so that you don't have to pop energy restores.

I want the passive to return.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

5 hours ago, ShiraHagane said:

A vocal minority of founders got salty.

Bringing shame on the rest of us founders.

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

Serious question, does anyone even actively use the Death Orb passive?  Like ever? 

I do. All the time.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

2 minutes ago, Dr.Evergreen said:

Excalibur Prime was locked behind a limited-time precursor to Prime Access alongside Lato and Skana Prime and DE has vowed to never bring that back (in the Global Build; Chinaframe's version of The Sacrifice may have Excalibur Prime in the place of Umbra is my guessing is at all accurate). The Founders who bought the pack for the shiny golden things are angry because Umbra has more gold than Prime.

DE specifically said Umbra is not Prime, however. One unique other way Umbra could have it would be to have the Death orb forcibly combust, giving Umbra energy but also a magnetic proc which drains it down to half as much or so.

Nonetheless I don't see DE reverting the change at all. Maybe to a halfway point as I said if they're pushed/coaxed/persuaded by the Founders and community who approve of Umbra, but even then I do not see them reverting this change.

As a solution to not getting energy from Death Orbs I have a build for you for Excalibur. It can be described as as 'Angry perpetual self-healing channeled Exalted Blade'.

Spoiler

Warframe0113.jpg The build:

Spoiler

unknown.png 

-You can opt to swap Hunter Adrenaline for Rage, and Streamline for Primed Flow if you want more energy.
-Arcanes and Aura are a personal choice.
-The Exalted Melee configuration for elemental damage is not static; you can alter it as required.
-If you somehow do not have the Umbra mods or are using Prime or normal Excalibur instead or because you somehow got rid of Umbra, swap Umbra mods for common or Primed counterparts. 

Okay how about we stop going on about umbra and Excalibur prime. Here are some facts:

1. Excalibur prime does not really exist.

2. Excalibur is still a garbage tier frame no matter what ego mass you have invested in it. 

3. Umbra is also garbage tier

4. Founders do not have real power. 

3 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Sure, but it's a prime-specific effect, and thus should not be on a non-prime.

DE has gone on record to say on stream that Umbra is considered "the dark side of Prime"

Edited by Dragazer

9 hours ago, ShiraHagane said:

A vocal minority of founders got salty.

Stop hating on a part of the community for no legitimate reason and think for a second before writing. Umbra is no prime and therefore should get no prime energy. Has nothing to do with founders. If you need energy that bad to get salty over such a petty thing, get yourself an energize set.

10 hours ago, LSG501 said:

IMO, unless DE did a literal copy paste job from chinaframe, which is unlikely due to the extra features, DE wouldn't have added the ability in the first place if it wasn't intentional

Have you seen the sword model of Radial Javelin? It's Exalted Skana Prime, just like in Chinaframe. Also, the problem of golden crescents detaching during animations is from Chinaframe too. So I guess our Umbra is indeed a literal copy of Chinese version, partially changed, but some things were accidently left untouched. Perhaps Death Orb passive is one of them.

Personally, I'm fine with the change. Not because Void tileset is played rarely, but because my build allows me to get energy easily without additional sources. Don't even need energy efficiency mods at all.