Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sancti Tigris vs Tigris Prime

It would matter how you want the shotgun to perform. If you want very High Status Damage, Tigris Prime. If you want a Faster Reload speed, and a Syndicate Proc that can heal you but with less damage and Status chance, Sancti Tigris. I think the Prime is better but that's because it can Reach 100% Status without Shotgun Savvy so you can put in more Multishot, Punchthrough, or damage as a Replacement for Shotgun Savvy.

I only have experience with Tigris Prime, although someday I'll try Sancti Tigris. However, with the prime at 100% status and the build I'm using, I'm destroying everything I have come against. For some numbers, 100% status, slash damage at 9784 (would be more whenever I can find sweeping serration). Radiation 22015 and Viral at 14676. I know numbers would be higher, but I can't max my primed point blank right now.

They're both plenty for most content, but a 100% status Tigris is just kind of insane, and the Prime version can reach that without using a fifth Status Chance mod.

Sancti Tigris has the built-in Syndicate Proc which includes a heal and it also has a faster reload, so it has that going for it.

The Tigris series biggest issues have always been that despite dealing so much damagee they mught as well jujst be firing entire skyscrapers instead of bullets they are only damaging one, meybe two foes at a time.  Wow I'm leaving that sentence unedited because I don't know how I managed quite that many typos and it's funny to me.  Anyway, the Tigris Prime can reach the coveted 100% status chance, and still have room for a Punch-Through mod, which at least somewhat fixes that weakness by damaging what you're shooting at and whatever's behind it, while the Sancti version attempts to tackle that issue with an improved reload time, in a way valuing quantity over quality, so to speak.

Tigris prime is by far the most op weapon in the game. 100% status chance with corrosive damage, Have Akstiletto Prime to have viral, GG.

Swap to Akstiletto Prime, Status proc the enemy, Switch to Tigris Prime then Kapow.

Tip: You can hold down the firing trigger to only shoot once.

I love to use the Tigris prime (With viral, not corrosive) on ash with the seeking shuriken with Corrosive Projection. 100% armour reduction with his shuriken 

Edited by TheUnknownM

Between the two, Tigris Prime if I'm out to insta-nuke Mutalist Alad V. Sancti Tigris on the very rare occasion I desire to use it, and usually then its for the heal procs.

I shelved my Tigris Prime ages ago due to its terrible reload time and double shot, once I discovered better and more fun shotguns like the Corinth, Astilla, Arca Plasmor, and Sobek. Don't get me wrong - it hits like a truck but the fact you literally spend 75% of the mission reloading and 25% of the time blowing up an enemy with excessive damage that doesn't do anything but overkill one (or a few depending if you have punch through) enemy, it just has no practical use for me outside of specific bosses. If I want sustained damage, I'll go with Sobek and Acid Shells. Sure, doesn't get the same 100% status but it's fun watching a hallway full of enemies blow up from the proc. Or watch Corinth send a hundred mobs flying into space. Astilla looks amazing with the glass shatter and doesn't do terribly with damage. Arca Plasmor - who doesn't wanna throw radiation into the enemies' faces?

Tigris Prime is, as its gameplay goes, short, sweet, and to the point. It shoots twice, reload. That's all.

Both are really good even at Sorties 3, with Tigris Prime being superior damage wise. But Sancti Tigris has faster reload speed, and useful proc that heals you.

I have both and  I prefer using Sancti for clearing mobs faster, in rare case I'll use Tigris Prime when enemy is too hard to kill (100+ level armored units etc.).

Edited by (PS4)Akabane85

Some people here forgot (or dont know?) That Sancti Tigris has 28% base status and thus easy 100% status aswell.

OP it all comes down to whether you want to trade in bit of base damage for a syndicate proc (heal in this case) and other slight stat changes.

hace 22 minutos, Airikr dijo:

Some people here forgot (or dont know?) That Sancti Tigris has 28% base status and thus easy 100% status aswell.

OP it all comes down to whether you want to trade in bit of base damage for a syndicate proc (heal in this case) and other slight stat changes.

No one forget that. 28*(1+0.6*4) = 95,2 so you need another status mod to reach the 100%. A mod that only gives you status. The tigris prime doesn't need that mod, so it has 1 damage mod more than sancti.

For 100% status:

4 damage mods + 4 hybrid (prime) vs 3 damage mods + 4 hybrid + shotgun savvy (sancti)

So, prime is better for damage, sancti for syndicate proc

Edited by Dragoncroac

2 hours ago, Bao said:

I'll go with Sobek and Acid Shells

You can get to 100% status even in that configuration using the Syndicate mod (it adds +20 Status chance not 20%... it's 20% flat additive). I got a good riven for it and can  get to 11k/shot with full status or 23k/shot without.

As for the OP, I used them both and kept Tigris Prime. I don't play Status that much (death is kind of a permanent status), plus I hate that trigger so I prefer shooting as less as I can with it. As powerful as it is it suffers from the worst damage falloff and spread I ever saw and it's horrible against multiple enemies. I'ts also so meta that Rivens are useless for it, so a less meta shotgun can achieve better results with less troubles - Sobek for Status and CC and Arca Plasmor for damage against "few" targets.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Dragoncroac:

i didnt say that you can get the 100% status with just the 4 dual mods though. I mean i can see where that comes from since most people calc with just these mods.

And my point " it all comes down to whether you want to trade in bit of base damage for a syndicate proc (heal in this case) and other slight stat changes" still stands.

15 hours ago, Airikr said:

People like to shred lvl 150 enemies. But I keep in mind that you pretty much NEVER see that high of a leveled enemy. So I will go with whatever keeps me alive, which is fast reload and healing. (I've always loved Sancti Tigris). 

Unless I want to 100 waves in the tier 4 void missions, yeah, I might go for Tigris Prime. (but then again, Sancti Tigris could keep you from being mowed by those lvl 300+ enemies).