Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How big was the Zariman Ten Zero?

Echelon730

15 hours ago, Xirka said:

You are thinking in two dimensions.... we need to factor In the third dimension, its size on the 3rd axis could greatly impact how many kids we can shove in there 

True. But considering how massive it is in 2D imagine 3D. 

It was, supposedly, VERY big. But not just any VERY big. It was bigger than my stronk ass ego and big boi thighs combined and multiplied by 6.

And the Orokin might have used some sweet dank Void technology to expand the interior big time, soooooo... 

16 hours ago, TermiteFrame said:

We do know what it looked like roughly from that comic that was released on the Harrow hype site thing. The ship looks like the one in the og dark sector 2005 e3 concept stuff might be around the same size as that.

The same ship also appeared in one of the Vitruvian entries

OWjboUd.jpg

There's also this I guess

(Unrelated - but I wish the forums has a way to resize pictures. I remember there was a forum I used to frequent that scales pictures based on the viewer's resolution)

16 hours ago, Zavenosk said:

You're forgetting the 4th dimension.  This was an Orokin ship, after all. It was likely built along the principles of impossible space, just like the Orbiter. 

It's "bigger on the inside" 🏟️ (pretend it's a Tardis icon)

Probably incredibly massive. But I personally hold the opinion that not all Tenno are from the Zariman 10-0. There are just too many Tenno for that to be the case. OP's estimates are based on no loss of life over all the years. Meaning MANY of these kids lost their lives on the ship to the sudden maddening of their parents and them being dumbfounded in confusion to run and the following hunts on those who managed to slip away. Then we have the experimentation by whoever came before and including Margulis and Ballas. Then there's the actual Old War and any number of other conflicts the Tenno could of been part of (I think the entire Old War happened over a Century at least). We have no confirmation that Operators could be killed through the frames but we still know surprisingly little details about Transference. Some bleed has to be accounted for the Zariman kids. 

EDIT: I also don't think that Orokin used TARDIS tech to turn the ship bigger on the inside. I believe the whole Zariman thing happened in the early stages of Void tech development. 

So I believe that some, maybe even MOST of the Tenno out there are actually secondary creations. Through studying the Zariman survivors, Orokin figured out how to "create" Operators themselves. Maybe even turning some adults into Void powered warriors. Especially with the desperation of the Sentients, I would expect them to try and bump up the numbers. probably the first "tenno" didn't even use Transference. But were in fact older survivors who managed to control their powers and got turned into Orokin's secret demi-god assassins. I mean, in the Second Dream, one of the lines we hear Ballas mumbling in the ruins is "It's about the rejects we consigned to Lua a few years back." Note the word: "Rejects". 

In general, I think in "reality" Tenno Operators would be very diverse as far as age is concerned. Even if we consider just the Zariman survivors, unless all of the kids were through some statistical improbability of the same age, there would be far more age diversity. Some would be much younger then ours and some would be late teens. We don't know what the "cutoff point" was for when the void gave people powers or turned them mad/possessed. Is the age of a person even the deciding factor? And that the roles and capabilities of these Void touched individuals could be VEEERY different. It's even possible that not all of them could even be capable of reliable transference.

But in the end that's all my opinion. So far I haven't seen anything in the lore that explicitly disproves any of it. That being said, I will admit that all this is headcanon unless otherwise stated. 

Edited by Lakais

You are thinking to 4-Dimensional. Perhaps the Void and the Tenno are able to traverse the multiverse. I mean how often did you kill unique enemy X? How often did you solve the unique crisis with the Ambulas? Dozen times, hundred times, thousand times?

Perhaps all kind of alternate reality Tenno seeping through the Void, are making the Greeners live miserable across all the multiverse, multiplying the limited space of the Zariman Ten Zero by an unkown number...

Onkko, that's my answer. That guy pretty much gives us the multiverse explanation. Coming from that you could say many things :

_We are all playing the same Tenno, in his/her own universe. Playing online brings universes together for the duration of the mission. Relays are the common point in many universes, where we also can meet. That all comes from the fact that we all are the first to discover our operator-self, we're all the only one to kill the grineer queen and to free Umbra.

_From here, there could have been only a small number of children aboard, only one of them being our spacekid.

_Thus, the ship could only have been as large as an empire destroyer from Star Wars or so.

_Finally, as we're all playing the same major character, the other tennos on the zariman might be out there. Maybe we'll have other tenno (like rell) as major characters in futur quests. How cool would this be, maybe a tenno that turned against us, or simply went rogue.

il y a 10 minutes, thor_sten a dit :

You are thinking to 4-Dimensional. Perhaps the Void and the Tenno are able to traverse the multiverse. I mean how often did you kill unique enemy X? How often did you solve the unique crisis with the Ambulas? Dozen times, hundred times, thousand times?

Perhaps all kind of alternate reality Tenno seeping through the Void, are making the Greeners live miserable across all the multiverse, multiplying the limited space of the Zariman Ten Zero by an unkown number...

damit you had to be faster than me XD

I wonder if the ten-zero is still out there somewhere. I mean, the Orokin erased the RECORDS of the ten-zero, but I don't think they actually destroyed the ship. I would LOVE to explore that ship. See some of our history. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wtflag said:

Remember that the orokin's original intention for creating the sentients was to expand into the tau system. And the tau system is now a breeding ground for infinitely replicating hostile sentients who could again invade at any time. The only thing that prevented the sentients from bearing their full might on the orokins were the toxicity of the void and the Tenno.

I would imagine that the orokins would want to first secure the solar system and then eventually send out invasion forces to the tau system to exterminate the sentients. Because the orokins will never be safe as long as sentients exist and their original need to expand still exists.

I can't imagine how many and how powerful the sentients are in their own system with their full resources unpoisoned by the energies of the void, but i can easily imagine the sentients like HunHow may just be a midranking sentient lord. So capturing the tau system is probably going to be 10000 times harder than securing the solar system.

Thus the orokins must have some kind of plan to mass produce Tenno, the same way their mass produced the warframe. Otherwise why would they need to produce so many warframe when each Tenno can only control one and their numbers would never increase?

History has taught us that in a war, humans have always expanded their technology and production. You don't just go into war with 1000 soldiers and 1000 tanks and think; well I hope that will be enough cause continuing to build more is going to eat into the yacht budget for this summer.

Yes, the Gatling gun was developed so a single person could take the place of many, so less people would die, but the government filled their armies with Gatling guns to multiply their firepower.

il y a 14 minutes, Dallyoop a dit :

I wonder if the ten-zero is still out there somewhere. I mean, the Orokin erased the RECORDS of the ten-zero, but I don't think they actually destroyed the ship. I would LOVE to explore that ship. See some of our history. 

Weither it's with the new war or after, DE will adress the man in the wall in some quest. And I'm calling it, that void-themed quest will have us explore the zariman, taunted by the man in the wall all throughout. Trust me my dad works at microsoft he told me all that.

Also, soontm

3 hours ago, Lakais said:

Probably incredibly massive. But I personally hold the opinion that not all Tenno are from the Zariman 10-0. There are just too many Tenno for that to be the case. OP's estimates are based on no loss of life over all the years. Meaning MANY of these kids lost their lives on the ship to the sudden maddening of their parents and them being dumbfounded in confusion to run and the following hunts on those who managed to slip away. Then we have the experimentation by whoever came before and including Margulis and Ballas. Then there's the actual Old War and any number of other conflicts the Tenno could of been part of (I think the entire Old War happened over a Century at least). We have no confirmation that Operators could be killed through the frames but we still know surprisingly little details about Transference. Some bleed has to be accounted for the Zariman kids. 

EDIT: I also don't think that Orokin used TARDIS tech to turn the ship bigger on the inside. I believe the whole Zariman thing happened in the early stages of Void tech development. 

So I believe that some, maybe even MOST of the Tenno out there are actually secondary creations. Through studying the Zariman survivors, Orokin figured out how to "create" Operators themselves. Maybe even turning some adults into Void powered warriors. Especially with the desperation of the Sentients, I would expect them to try and bump up the numbers. probably the first "tenno" didn't even use Transference. But were in fact older survivors who managed to control their powers and got turned into Orokin's secret demi-god assassins. I mean, in the Second Dream, one of the lines we hear Ballas mumbling in the ruins is "It's about the rejects we consigned to Lua a few years back." Note the word: "Rejects". 

In general, I think in "reality" Tenno Operators would be very diverse as far as age is concerned. Even if we consider just the Zariman survivors, unless all of the kids were through some statistical improbability of the same age, there would be far more age diversity. Some would be much younger then ours and some would be late teens. We don't know what the "cutoff point" was for when the void gave people powers or turned them mad/possessed. Is the age of a person even the deciding factor? And that the roles and capabilities of these Void touched individuals could be VEEERY different. It's even possible that not all of them could even be capable of reliable transference.

But in the end that's all my opinion. So far I haven't seen anything in the lore that explicitly disproves any of it. That being said, I will admit that all this is headcanon unless otherwise stated. 

You are correct I was just pulling the numbers from the current count according to steam charts.  In reality we can assume that my estimate is ultra conservative. 

Lets look at the real life asteroid Ceres, the largest object in the asteroid belt. It is 474 KM in diameter. At this size gravitational forming happens, where the amount of gravity will mold the matter into a sphere. This dwarf planet is roughly 3 times the size of New Jersey (the example I used in the OP).  If we factor in the adults on the ship and the missing children, I am pretty sure we can triple the crew count. 

MEANING THAT with your added insight the 10-0 would be large enough to generate its own gravitational well strong enough to keep your feet on the floor. A great design choice to prevent muscle and bone degradation at the rate of micro gravity. Further more this will enable small satellites to orbit the 10-0 with out directly adding mass to the ship. 

So yeah... even bigger than what I originally posted... by a bit 😛

Um, a bit of clarification on the math, there's a unit conversion error in it.

When multiplying for area you need to either square the conversion factor or convert before calculating the area. In this case, the actual area would be:

14,550m Long, and 2,250m Wide -> 14.55km L x 2.25km W = 32.74km2 

Which is something along the lines of a super star destroyer in size.

Well using aircraft carriers as a basis is a bad choice since a large amount of their space is devoted to aircraft storage. I think a cruise ship would be a better comparison. 

That said the Ark ships from the 2012 movie could hold up to 100,000 people and were supposedly only 800m long (according to the CGI staff that created them). I remember in one scene a 747 airliner hit one in the nose and only caused minor damage. 

On 2018-07-25 at 10:03 PM, Echelon730 said:

MEANING THAT with your added insight the 10-0 would be large enough to generate its own gravitational well strong enough to keep your feet on the floor. A great design choice to prevent muscle and bone degradation at the rate of micro gravity. Further more this will enable small satellites to orbit the 10-0 with out directly adding mass to the ship. 

So yeah... even bigger than what I originally posted... by a bit 😛

I think the gravity would actually be a bad thing. It'd be too weak to help people and health in any meaningful way and at the flip side, it'd be just powerful enough to probably cause serious issues on the actual superstructure of the ship not to mention the whole phonebook's worth of systems that run through it. But considering Orokin already had artificial gravity tech, they could compensate. Maybe negate or reorient it to allow for the ship to not be a confusing hell. 

8 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Well using aircraft carriers as a basis is a bad choice since a large amount of their space is devoted to aircraft storage. I think a cruise ship would be a better comparison. 

That said the Ark ships from the 2012 movie could hold up to 100,000 people and were supposedly only 800m long (according to the CGI staff that created them). I remember in one scene a 747 airliner hit one in the nose and only caused minor damage. 

You got a point. Then again, making room for critical systems like life support and food production would make the carrier a better standard to use simply because it has that extra space. 

Also I think the 100k people was a total estimate for the fleet, not a single ship. I could be wrong though, seen the movie only once. And just for reference I heard somewhere that you could fit the WHOLE of humanity, every man, woman, child and whatever the hell other label you want to use, into a mid-sized cave. Thing is, they'd be backed as tight as sardines in a can. So you CAN fit an obscene number of people into a stupidly small space, but I find it quite high up on the list of "Worst ways to die!"

15 hours ago, Lakais said:

I think the gravity would actually be a bad thing. It'd be too weak to help people and health in any meaningful way and at the flip side, it'd be just powerful enough to probably cause serious issues on the actual superstructure of the ship not to mention the whole phonebook's worth of systems that run through it. But considering Orokin already had artificial gravity tech, they could compensate. Maybe negate or reorient it to allow for the ship to not be a confusing hell. 

You got a point. Then again, making room for critical systems like life support and food production would make the carrier a better standard to use simply because it has that extra space. 

Also I think the 100k people was a total estimate for the fleet, not a single ship. I could be wrong though, seen the movie only once. And just for reference I heard somewhere that you could fit the WHOLE of humanity, every man, woman, child and whatever the hell other label you want to use, into a mid-sized cave. Thing is, they'd be backed as tight as sardines in a can. So you CAN fit an obscene number of people into a stupidly small space, but I find it quite high up on the list of "Worst ways to die!"

I'm fairly sure it was 100k per ship...but then my memory isn't that great. But yeah, my mind boggled at the "whole of humanity in a cave" thing too. 

But if you want a better comparison, you could look at some of the bigger football stadiums in the world. You can fit 80-90k in those...and thats just in the stands. You then have the pitch itself, the concourses, hospitality suites etc. (some even have small hotels & conference centres built in).

So you could have a ship the size of a couple of football stadia...which is still more realistic than a 14km long leviathan.

• 3 years later...
Le 24/07/2018 à 23:43, Echelon730 a dit :

So lets do something silly.

(POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

So we know the tenno were children from the Zariman Ten Zero. So how big was the Zariman Ten Zero?
Currently on steam there are roughly 92,000 players online right now.

Taking that 92k in to consideration we can then compare it to a current ships with large crews. The US Nimitz class aircraft carrier has roughly 6,000 people working on it when it set sail. A Nimitz class carrier is 317m long and 50m wide. 

Using S#&$ty math the minimum size of the Zariman ten zero would have to be  4850m long and 750m wide, just for PC. If we assume consoles on part with PC, then the Zariman Ten Zero would be an amazing 14,550m Long, and 2,250m Wide (32,727.5 kilometers squared).

The US State of New Jersey is 22592.47 (km squared)

So apparently it was bigger than some states and countries. 

Thanks for reading my silly post with crappy math

Zariman Ten Zero is New Jersey so tenno are jersey girls and boys.

Thank you, you made my day

Trying Not To Laugh Jersey Shore GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation