Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #114!

[DE]Rebecca

The main melee question I have is, will we get 2H Katanas with the melee rework update? They've been hinted at awhile ago. I was curious about how they'd function compared to short swords & Heavy Blades. Also like others, I'm wondering what will happen to the channeling mods.

My other question which isn't directly melee related, but Fortuna related. You mentioned the Quills syndicate coming to Fortuna in the last Dev Stream. I was wondering if this will mean that the quills from cetus themselves will have a presence in Cetus, or if it's going to be a completely new Quills-like syndicate. It feels like there has been lots of confusion on whether it is still the quills or an organization similar to the quills which will help the operator with amps and operator features. If you could clarify on this during the dev stream when you talk about Fortuna, that would be wonderful!

Heres a melee oriented question about a specific melee weapon.

The Sigma Octantis has a specific special feature of throwing the shield when in the air and not looking down. But the tolerance zone of how far you have to be looking down before you can actually down slam on the ground is basically barely above full straight looking down before it turns into throwing it. With the new melee changes how will this be affected by the changes? And is there going to be a change in the amount for this because most of the time I end up throwing the shield instead of ground slamming because it seems very little in the first place.

Also, will there be more single handed weapon options for use for dual wielding a one handed melee weapon and a one handed secondary ever? As is the use of only thrown glaive like weapons seems a bit limiting. It'd be nice to have more options at our disposal. And would a sword and shield count as a one handed melee weapon considering the shield rests on the arm instead of in the hand .Because I'd very much enjoy being able to dual wield sword and board and pistol

Will damage type match the weapon type?  i.e. Slashing weapons do slash damage, puncturing weapons do puncture damage, and impact weapons do impact damage. This is currently far from consistent or realistic, even in its cyperpunk setting, for the most part, IMO.   I have felt for some time that the current reasoning for damage type allocation needs to be reconsidered.

What will happen to Acolyte mods like Bloodrush, Weeping Wounds, Maiming Strike.

What about Channeling mods like Life Strike?

Some Focus changes will also need to take place. If there is no Channeling, Zenuriik's Inner might will no longer be a thing either. So do I get refunded for the points I put in or...? 

What will happen with combos will heavy replace the hold,pause or press inputs and what will happen with the Venkas passive?

Also any way the Hirudo will be made claws? Its funny the Phryke claw skins dont work on Nidus's signiture melee

Ps. Keep doing great i played on PC till Warframe released on ps4 where i restarted

Homing Dive Kicks. We need this.

The Bullet Jump mods are quite nice, but the damage amplification effect on Bullet jump has never had any use since its introduction. It's supposed to use the jump's length to calculate it, but it's casts on the jump and opposite to the landing. So, there is a calculation there that is simply never done.

Swap Charge Attacks and Spin attacks.
How it could work: Holding 'e' causes the spin attack instead. - The main difference is that spin attacks would remain the same but add delays of the current charge attacks.

Slide + 'e' would cause the Charge attack instead. - you wouldn't even need to change its name since Charge attacks also apply to a forward thursting attack. It would be the same name with a different meaning. This would give charge attacks an use beyond just knocking down mobs or starting finishers with sparring weapons.

I believe this could balance charge and spin attacks making spin attacks less spamable, and charge attacks more usefull.

I know people hate this suggestion but come on, Spin attacks as they are is a awlful mechanic that replaces everything available for melee moves without drawbacks. being stronger, faster, doesnt kill momentum prevents knockback and there are certainly other benefits I cant remember atm. It has to get a nerf.

Also... what if... air combos? Mobs who get slam/ragdolled (exclusively by melee combos) can get a "quicker homing bullet jump" towards them, enable combos to be used on air and or a homing dive kick on that mobs.

Are charge/heavy attacks actually going to be useful? And is combos going to be polished, smooth and every SO FLOWING. Because at the moment Warframe melee has no culture, no specific style, clunky and wonky especially with the older combos.

I understand that one of the major changes is the removal of the channeling damage end energy drain how will this affect mod like life strike and also rivens that have this as some sort of modifier what will happen to them?? 

Melee Questions:

What is wrong with current melee? :(other than channeling not being useful outside life strike):

Do you think melee is to powerful compared to other weapons slots?
Do you not like that in various stages of play there are "meta" weapons that are best at doing a specific job or best all-around?
Do you think it is too effective at clearing out dense groups of mobs?
Do you think it scales too well which allows some members to do 10+ hour long survival runs
Are you worried that current melee will cause problems for level design in fortuna - ablity to deal with large groups means you need to spawn even more #'s to make fight hard which hits hardware bottlenecks on console or lower end PC ?

What is your hope for the outcome of the new melee system?

Why is adding in a heavy strike a good thing and why link it to the combo counter?

UI on console questions:

Are you aware of how cumbersome the UI is - how much longer it takes to do many tasks as we slowly drag the pointer across the screen. We don't have smart gaming mice that can do dynmaic acceleration of the cursor.

Are you aware of the layering issues - where UI focus gets glitchy/confused (xbox: while in navigation screen, bring up chat, then recieve incomming squad invite..  or while in navigation, with chatwindow open and you are typing -- then squadmate selects a mission on planet and what you are typing happens to be an X or  Y and the mission selection takes that input)

Consoles / Load times for Plains -

Why does it take so long to load into plains on Xbox, even One X is slow compared to PC...

Will I still be able to enjoy simple, one button melee gameplay? This is my main concern right now because I have arthritis and that makes it hard to get the timing right for more complex combos, espcially if multiple buttons are involved. I'd hate to end up with all my resources pumped into melee weapons and builds only to find out the hard way that I can't play them anymore when the 3.0 changes are live.

Whips, though restricted in its reason, was largely used. Now that it can't hit through walls, many people seem to be turning away from it. Are there any plans for additional stances for whips, and plans on making a new whip or a whip type zaw grips to give its family some breath of fresh air? 

Others probably have asked this, but what are the chanced we can get glaive zaws from Hok?

And for that matter, what about dual-wield zaws? Like, have a special zaw-link that allows for dual-wielding?

Hello, DE Crew! My melee related question for today is: With Melee 3.0, will you be promoting "roles" within Stance/Weapon categories? When we saw the recent balance passes to Primaries and Sidearms, we saw kind of clear definitions using Mastery Rank of "This is the early game revolver, and here's the late game revolver". But melee has a very diverse stat pool thanks to parameters like Range, Slam Attack Damage and Radius, Air Melee, Channeling Efficiency and Damage, Critical and Status having very unique mods in Blood Rush and Condition Overload, and cool unique effects tied to weapons like the Skiajati. It feels like we could have "Here's the Electric Nunchaku with high status and a wide electric slam, and here's the fast high critical Impact Nunchaku, and now we have a new slow but powerful Blast Nunchaku with large range coming soon" rather than a series of Iron Sword, Steel Sword, Silver Sword, Gold Sword. I'm sure we'll have some of that MR related stat balancing approach in more populated categories like Single Swords, Dual Swords, Polearms, Hammers, etc, but can you please try to promote as much diversity in playstyles among these melee weapons as possible? 

Also I picked Nunchaku to bring up that it has been almost 3 years since we got our last pair, the Shaku. Can we get some new ones soon? Thanks for all your hard work, and good luck with Melee 3.0!

I have a few queries;

1) First is that of acquiring a specific Kuria, the one that appears in the whirlpool/geyser tile in the Grineer Sealab ((5-2) "As slave-like and soiled"). It unlike some of the other trickier ones to find simply doesnt show up and others have confirmed that it's chances of showing up are absurdly rare. Is there any possibility the chances of encountering that tile could be nudged to be more reasonable to find?

2) Could we have the ability down the line to play/replay Opertaions as quests or in another capacity as many have lore tied up in them that would be a great experience for new players to enjoy and for veterans relive key moments that have shaped Warframe?

3) Circular Saw Melee when?

Archived