The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Think it's possible for an MR 18 to hit MR 25 before Fortuna hits?

Rhino-netlost

Yes, I am that MR 18. Since the release date is slated to be in 'Autumn,' I'm guessing Fortuna will come out in early September or, if I'm lucky (and I usually am) it will come out in October.

Getting ALMOST EVERY ITEM in the game and grinding it all to max rank sounds pretty stressful - especially since I don't buy plat with real money! - but hear me out. I have a pretty optimized plan that I've laid out for myself:

0. Be good at the game.

0.5: Seriously. Since I want to multitask as much as possible, I will be bringing non-maxed, non-potato'd weapons and warframes into a lot of missions so that I can earn affinity with them, no matter what they might be. I'll have to be able to use a variety of different guns and warframe abilities effectively. A 30-Day Affinity Booster will be needed, as well as a lot of apologies to give to my teammates for showing up with the lamest weapons.

1. Primarily farm plat. There's no simpler way of getting a Vaulted Prime set than with plat. There's also the need to get Resource Boosters for certain resources - though I suppose that I might be able to finish farming those by having a week dedicated to Cryotic and Oxium.

2. Start building Formas, Mutagen Masses, Fieldron etc. ASAP, to use them all up in the Foundry when the time comes. I'm already doing this, of course, but I will most likely need to purchase the Forma Pack a few times to make sure I'm covered. Last I checked - inaccurate now, though - I needed 34 more Formas to complete my collection of clantech.

3. Syndicates are unnecessary, as farming platinum covers them nicely - however, doing Cetus is required. Thankfully I'm already rank 4 with both Cetus and the Quills, thus I only need to procure the resources to craft the Amps and Zaws.

4. Excavation Fissures. When it comes to multitasking, doing these endlessly is by far one of the most interested. Cryotic? Check. Relics opening, prime parts being collected? Check. Affinity boosts? Check!

5. Have the devil's luck. I just got Despair to finish my Stalker collection, I know several veterans with vaulted relics that I can pester, and I got Khora over a month ago in only 6 runs of Sanctuary Onslaught. All I could ask for at this point is getting the Machete from the daily login bonus and having consistently-crazy luck with my favorite plat-farming method.

6. Be public about this challenge. Publicity means fame and fortune, especially from donations. This maximizes growth, profit, and grofit. Therefore, FOLLOW ME ON TWITCH. MY USERNAME THERE IS 'rhino1004.' FEED ME. GRANT ME STRENGTH.

7. Use the third-party markets to always advertise my spare goods, such as duplicate Prime parts. This counts as multitasking, which is necessary for reaching my deadline.

8. Do not have a life. Having a life is detrimental to playing Warframe. Always play Warframe. Do not stop playing Warframe. Warframe will be my new life. (Fortunately, accomplishing this last part is easy, as I am already devoid of anything resembling a normal life.)

So, what do you guys think? Is it possible to hit such a milestone in such a short period of time? MR18 to MR25? Starting from broke, then working up - all ingame?

If I'm missing any optimizations for my month-long workout plan, let me know.

Interesting. 

If you have 20 hours a day to dedicate to this, as well as utilize the warframe app, I think you can accomplish this. 

But...why? Once you've done this, I honestly don't see what you gain beyond epeen for something many people don't care about. 

1 minute ago, TeneKay said:

What's the point, exactly?

1. I'll get Warframe out of my system and go back to being productive.

2. Maybe after Fortuna hits, I can earn the first Kitgun out of everyone in the game if I'm enough of a speedrunner.

1 minute ago, FillyRarity said:

Wouldn't even use this quality of bait to catch a rat.

How would this be bait? Are you saying it's just flat-out impossible to come close to completing the challenge?

(Or are you just saying that I want easy fame and fortune? I already have all the cool stuff I want besides Riven Mods and cosmetics, and I have to ignore those now, anyways...)

2 minutes ago, Rhino-netlost said:

2. Maybe after Fortuna hits, I can earn the first Kitgun out of everyone in the game if I'm enough of a speedrunner.

1: But then what reason do you really have to log into Warframe to do anything?
That's a poor solution to your lack of self-control. Pace yourself, and learn to take breaks. There's no real reason to rush to the current max MR other than just to do it.

2: Doubt that.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Interesting. 

If you have 20 hours a day to dedicate to this, as well as utilize the warframe app, I think you can accomplish this. 

But...why? Once you've done this, I honestly don't see what you gain beyond epeen for something many people don't care about. 

Because Mastery is the main progression of Warframe. Having a maxed profile is something that appeals to many players and OP is no exception. Hopefully after Fortuna, DE addresses progression, adds gated content, and gives a real "why" to the system other than "just because".

OP: You do you! Farming Platinum is a good priority as it allows you to pick up Archwings, Arch-Weapons, Junk imprints, Invasion weapons, Syndicate weapons, and more. For leveling items, I would go the route of using Adaro Sedna if you can. Stealth farming is the most efficient method 🙂.

8 minutes ago, Rhino-netlost said:

How would this be bait? Are you saying it's just flat-out impossible to come close to completing the challenge?

(Or are you just saying that I want easy fame and fortune? I already have all the cool stuff I want besides Riven Mods and cosmetics, and I have to ignore those now, anyways...)

I've four years in this game. It took me almost too to go from 19 to 20, and I don't see a reason to change this pace. Never got really burned out and I usually only enter a hiatus of what? 3 months? Then I return in full force.

Don't build the fieldrons etc. from the foundry. Play the missions where you need to complete 3 of a type to get a reward. Takes about 15 minutes and you get 3 Fieldrons.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb DrakeWurrum:

1: But then what reason do you really have to log into Warframe to do anything?
That's a poor solution to your lack of self-control. Pace yourself, and learn to take breaks. There's no real reason to rush to the current max MR other than just to do it.

2: Doubt that.

How do you know how MR25 feels? You are MR21 yourself 😂😛

Edited by kaldewej

Frankly, all you have to do is farm Hieracon on Pluto to max everything out. Or even just farm regular Sanctuary Onslaught. Maxing equipment levels is insanely easy.

You also don't have to get all weapons to do it, as the current cap is about halfway through MR25, not directly at MR25.

8 minutes ago, Rhino-netlost said:

I've four years in this game. It took me almost 2 to go from 19 to 20, and I don't see a reason to change this pace. Never got really burned out and I usually only enter a hiatus of what? 3 months? Then I return in full force.

5 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

But then what reason do you really have to log into Warframe to do anything?

The final endgame will be rivens and cosmetics. Plus, Fortuna itself! Login rewards, too.

5 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Oh, please. I'm not looking for self-help.

As for world-first kitgun: Yeah, it's a stupid dream. Getting it only matters on whether or not you have MR 25, as well as if you log in and speedrun the very moment the Standing cap resets.

4 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

can you give us the number of Warframes and of weapons that you plan to completely master in this month and a half?

Sure! But I really need to make the list first, actually. Give me a minute...

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

OP: You do you! Farming Platinum is a good priority as it allows you to pick up Archwings, Arch-Weapons, Junk imprints, Invasion weapons, Syndicate weapons, and more. For leveling items, I would go the route of using Adaro Sedna if you can. Stealth farming is the most efficient method 🙂.

Hey, thanks a ton! I've heard of stealth farming before, but I've never really gotten around to trying it. Is there a modern guide to doing stealth farming lying around anywhere?

your Foundry is the main roadblock / limiting factor. so long as you are queuing up anything under the sun you have access to to get those waiting timers finished, 7 Mastery Ranks can be easily done in a couple weeks give or take.

1 minute ago, Rhino-netlost said:

Is there a modern guide to doing stealth farming lying around anywhere?

it hasn't really changed, any guide would be accurate if it was accurate in the first place.
the only things that older guides may not have would be not mentioning Banshee as another option.

Edited by taiiat

Absolutely, I figure it would be more than possible to max your Mastery Rank by Fortuna's release. I would expect October for the release, similar to Plains of Eidolon and Mastery is just maxing gear the first time, should be relatively easy if annoying to run missions with mostly unranked gear for a bit.

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

your Foundry is the main roadblock / limiting factor. so long as you are queuing up anything under the sun you have access to to get those waiting timers finished, 7 Mastery Ranks can be easily done in a couple weeks give or take.

Yes, the Foundry is indeed real annoying. However, you can leave items lying inside the Foundry, unclaimed, for as long as you want! As long as the last items complete on the very day before Fortuna hits, I'll be alright. I'm prioritizing Warframes, by the way, since they take 3.5 days to complete, each!

Thanks again for the stealth farming tip. I'll search it up real quick. Already got Banshee Prime, so I'll test the method out soon!

10 minutes ago, kaldewej said:

Don't build the fieldrons etc. from the foundry. Play the missions where you need to complete 3 of a type to get a reward. Takes about 15 minutes and you get 3 Fieldrons.

Oh, I know. It's just a little something to help supplement the Invasion rewards. They're random and inconsistent, so a reliable source of them is pretty handy.

Honestly you don't need anything higher than mr16, iirc highest riven is mr16.... if there's some weapons you like the look of but haven't done then maybe do those but honestly I wouldn't rush or worry. 

IIRC it probably took me as long to get to mr25 from mr18 as it did to get to mr18 from mr0, it gets a lot 'harder' to find the interest in going higher once you get to the point where you can do 'everything' and the only weapons that are left are usually the weapons you have no or little interest in. 

It's pretty doable. I got to MR24 in 80~90 days, when max MR was MR24 and 1/4 of the mastery rank bar, I believe.

A few tips I can give to you:
- Leave those items that require a lot of one resource (Sibear) for last.
- Always have some Fieldron and Detonite Injector crafting in the foundry. Just buy Mutagen Mass, because Mutagen Sample can be a pain to gather.
- Focus on leveling your sentinels and pets first, then always run with a Smeeta.
- If you don't have the plat for boosters, start with that then. Once you grab an affinity booster, you should just run regular sanctuary onslaught, since it's the most efficient/fastest way to level up your gear right now (not counting a few Eximus Stronghold Sortie stages).

Set small goals and enjoy the journey.  That includes the community.

Enjoy the journey and let MR and completionism be a side-effect of that enjoyment, not the reason you play.

I dare say that you should facilitate growing your RL success, and then take a few dollars and buy an Accessories pack for the long-term affinity/credit boosters, which is how DE would want you to experience Warframe anyway...they just have to consider revenues.

Accomplish more in less time.

Edited by D20
Cleaning

why would u care about that number ? when ur MR16+ u are not restricted to anything anymore be it a riven or whatever. any higher MR only has a minimal benefit that's not really important to rush for. besides that its just a number, nothing else.

Edited by Xydeth

il y a 14 minutes, (PS4)Silverback73 a dit :

I dare say that you should facilitate growing your RL success, and then take a few dollars and buy an Accessories pack for the long-term affinity/credit boosters, which is how DE would want you to experience Warframe anyway...they just have to consider revenues.

Accomplish more in less time.

That's pretty much what I'd suggest as well.

To OP:
There's no point in locking yourself onto warframe until September in a wave of Grind over something as pathetic as a Number with no meaning.
If anything, you should work towards "Having a life" and not use that as an excuse.

Anddd Plan # .6 is a total joke.
Nobody cares about going from MR 18 to 25 in 1-2 months so publicity won't bring you money.

Close warframe and rethink your plan.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX