Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

Simpy put I don't like this new system, it's rewarding new players who don't want to put in the bare minimum effort of loggin in occassionally to get 4 weapons and a few mods. There is a wealth of weapons and mods they can earn, build, or buy in game while they work towards these goals, but thats unacceptable to them which is annoying. Then there is the fact the people who were putting in the effort however minimal it might be are getting told to just deal with it and given nothing worthwhile in the transition. Yes having better reward scalign for a normal day is nice, but the amounts showcased still leave something to be desired yes it's free but the amounts are.. less than I can get on a quick mission run and aren't going to add much to my desire to login. Then there is the concerning statement of ading another category which who knows what that will hold, but that will add further distance to aquiring some of these items which seems to be peoples biggest gripes as well as the fact it seems we won't be getting anything new past the armor which basically pulls any sense of desire to login when theres nothing I'm working on into the negatives.

Reading some of the comments since my post makes me wonder how many people actually gave it more than 2 seconds to think about what they wrote.

The system doesn't change ANYTHING except removing prestige. Whoever had to login 1000 days in the old system to get everything has to now also login 1000 days in the new system, duh! Just now you can choose the S#&$ everyone else had to wait for! So why change it in the first place?

Keep the prestige, Keep the peace!

1 minute ago, GA-Bulletproof said:

Reading some of the comments since my post makes me wonder how many people actually gave it more than 2 seconds to think about what they wrote.

The system doesn't change ANYTHING except removing prestige. Whoever had to login 1000 days in the old system to get everything has to now also login 1000 days in the new system, duh! Just now you can choose the S#&$ everyone else had to wait for! So why change it in the first place?

Keep the prestige, Keep the peace!

That's what people are upset about... It's about people being able to acquire something so early on that others have had to wait literal years to get. It's not the time spent to acquire everything that people care about, it's the time spent to acquire the later rewards. I honestly am less bothered myself because i willget Sigma in a few days but I understand the issue for some people though. The porposed changes would make the relative work spent by others meaningless. Imagine if DE said that suddenly they're making only half of weapons give affinity, but that those that will will give double making it so that people can achieve master rank 25 twice as easily. 

Looks good and am happy they wont be allowed to be traded. Would just end up with alt farming trading things either to themselves or selling to new players or vets who fell behind. I think the new systems helps them both enough that trading isn't a good idea.

I was hoping that every 50 we could just take what ever or at least every 100 mark we could take a mod or a weapon. Personal reasons though this makes sense. I just missed time here and there so am around 600 days so not many options for me anyways.

I still don't like it. It basically punishes the people like me who simply can not log in every day, therefore never beeing able to catch up... This is especially frustrating since I played since beta, but there are times where theres just no PC available. But I guess it can't be helped.

1 hour ago, adobeartist said:

Trying to understand what's going on here. It was just 3 or 4 days ago I hit my 100 day milestone. I did receive my Azima pistol, but had the Primed Mods been set to 100 days back then, and only in the last 24 hours set to 200 hours? I'm trying to get the timing of exactly when the rewards timetable was revised; is my not getting a Primed Mod based on my timing that I would have or should have received it 3 days ago? Or that I just missed the boat on getting it at 100 days and have been set back an additional 100 days?

Absolutely nothing, at all, has changed. This is merely how the devs PLAN to change, and after observing reactions they decided that, essentially, nothing changes at all. Except you get to pick what weapon/mod you get when you get one.

1 minute ago, Nirnakh said:

I still don't like it. It basically punishes the people like me who simply can not log in every day, therefore never beeing able to catch up... This is especially frustrating since I played since beta, but there are times where theres just no PC available. But I guess it can't be helped.

Aside from busy work/school schedules, the other thing that keeps me from playing daily... there are other games I enjoy. I know, as amazing as Warframe is and still the leading model in genuine Free-to-Play, still want to partake of the multitude of experiences available. I've also been into Assassin's Creed Origins, and as a long time Tomb Raider fan, am eagerly anticipating the release of SOTTR.

So many games, so little time. #FirstWorldProblems :nerd:

I can't wait to see how well this system works when Red Dead Redemption 2 or Fallout 76 releases. I guarantee that players won't be missing logins for Warframe, although I doubt they will stay to play very long. Sounds like a truly rewarding system for DE that benefits only the most dedicated players, right?

This is pretty much the half-***ed "resolve" just like always. For "veterans"(as i'm closing in on the 500th day) i feel like the daily rewards are a slap to the face (except for the milestones). Also the milestones are not that great either. IMO it should all be packed into one reward. Every 50 days you can choose anything from all the reward pools. Also the endo, even if you "raised" it, it still it laughable and insignifiant compared to what anyone can get. And don't get me started on the sorties rewards... Are we asking for too much if we want boosters to work with those rewards? Like seriously, after some hard work and 30 minutes of my time i get 6k kuva, the same that i would get in 5 minutes in a flood with my cat and a booster. And the endo is again bs. Cuz is pretty much TWICE in the reward pool. Either drop the endo reward or make it double with a booster like the kuva should and that would help the problem until better ideas come. Also it would be nice if the daily rewards logins now would be retroactive if you implement this system, so that people that logged in more can get even more rewards (for example i would love a deconstructor prime that doesn't break my whole melee collection build just because of Primed Fury). Thank you for your attention and i apologize if anything came out too rude.

This is still a terrible design. And to be honest there  isnt much DE can do to fix it.

The problem here can be put into two words "Gated Power"

No one trys to take away those "Prestige-Items", but Primed Shred/Fury and Zenistar arent just prestige items.

We all know DE trys to have a non competetive environment, were everyone can just play and have fun, in wich case no one would care. But with the scale Warframe has now and with what is announced DE realy need to step up their endgame.

Eidolons were a step into the right direction aswell as the announced Dark Sector rework wich was scrapped unfortunatly. And for proper endgame, wich people expect, those mods and weapons are power. And people want an equal playingfield.

The only good way to solve this would be by releasing the Weapons and Mods into the core game and stick to cosmetics for the Login Rewards. Maybe give the people who got those weapons as a Login Reward a special skin for it.

I don't think I have the words to describe how little I care about prestige or the insecurities of "veterans," so any sort of catch-up mechanic is an improvement in my opinion. Hell, given how many new players are showing up to the game when we're already so many days in, I'd say a change along these lines is downright necessary at this point (it'd be less important if not for the mods/weapons). This system isn't as aggressive a change as I'd like to see, but it's certainly better than nothing.

As for me personally, I've been in this game for years already but I haven't always been able to play every day. It'll still take forever to get half this stuff, but at least I can skip over a couple things that I don't need or want and save a year of waiting here and there.

So if I understand this proposed change correctly: an almost three year long grind is becoming an almost three year long grind with plans to extend it out further and include choices? Because if so then this workshop is a slap to the face. It doesn't help out the people close to rewards when it gets released, it does nothing for people already with the rewards, and still keeps new players three years behind everyone else.

Let's say NewGuy5 finds the marvel that is Warframe the day after this change is implemented, he plays for a bit, asks around about builds or researches them on his own and discovers that [Primed Vigor] would be great for the build he has in mind. It's been three months (90 days) but that mod is still almost four more months away so he goes to trade for it but oh no he can't because some vocal people were scared about phantom accounts throwing the platinum economy out of whack. No big deal he figures, it's a fun game he'll just keep playing. Day 100 he gets the promotion he's been looking for and suddenly can't login in every day, with teh new workload he's lucky to login every other day. What should've been another 100 days now becomes 200 at best. He plays when he can and decides that [Primed Shred] would be great for his new favorite primary the [Zenith] ah but that'd be day 400 login if he grabbed [Primed Vigor] in the coming months or he could skip vigor for shred. And then an evergreen armor set is released for day 1100, which with his promotion is now 2000 days away or five and a half years if he can manage to login every other day, not play, just login like a chore.
So we've now made any reward past a few months time seemingly out of reach for anyone who can't or doesn't want to reliably login. This is true for the current system, and true for this proposed change regardless of the choices added. If we look at most other login reward systems (I'm going to use mobile games, in specific Monster Super League and Sdorica) we see that in the first example there's a 28 day login table, with each week being capped by a valuable reward such as eggs, evolution material, or premium currency ($3 worth) and the last week is materials unique to premium currency and events, however each day before that week is also moderately useful in its reward with about five missions worth of gold, food, or energy. Moving onto example two we see that it uses a consecutive login system that awards various currencies and materials in useful amounts (unfortunately I can't be more detailed as the previous and next day aren't viewable to my knowledge).

But Aesith, these are mobile games that are basically card games in disguise not a pc/console space-ninja-wizard-mercenary-pirate-spacekid simulator with pets and cards!
You're right however they work the same way any other free to play game does: customer retention. If every day's login is moderately useful then players are more likely to continually login and play and the more they play the more likely they become to make a purchase. If we take our 5 mission example then the proposed 300 endo at MR25 with 1000 logins becomes closer to 2000, the 2500 credit cache becomes about 30,000, the materials would similarly get multiplied by 5-20 depending on type. Granted this doesn't work perfectly with Warframe (materials in specific) but it makes great progress towards the login rewards feeling useful instead of just disappointing that it wasn't a milestone yet or a platinum discount. And no, 2000 endo or 30,000 credits isn't too much when you consider upgrading a single mod will take upwards of tens of thousands of endo and millions of credits depending on rank/rarity, that a rotation of Heiracon can drop 400 endo every other minute or just a rotation gives 25,000 credits if you immediately extract and takes less than five minutes (less than three with Volt or Nova).

As for how I personally feel about this: my account is more than five years old and I have almost $2000 into Warframe. This is a game I love despite my average of one login a week over the age of my account. Changing the login grind from static rewards to choice rewards while still keeping the same time frames, no catch up mechanic, content locked behind almost three years of consecutively logging in day after day after day, and then saying it's more welcoming to new people? I feel that's insulting and that ultimately nothing changed about it, I'm still no closer to the login content, I'm still lacking two popular weapons and two popular mods, I'm still more than a year away from those things and by the time I have them am I still going to want to use them or will they have been overshadowed by the powercreep that happened during the time-gate? Sure not logging in every day is my fault, I can't contest that but in my defense when I'm only logging in to get a paltry 'reward' and not play, is that really something we want to strive for?

3 minutes ago, Julian_Skies said:

Absolutely nothing, at all, has changed. This is merely how the devs PLAN to change, and after observing reactions they decided that, essentially, nothing changes at all. Except you get to pick what weapon/mod you get when you get one.

ah, so Primed Mods had always been 200 login days, how all players got em from the intermediate to the veterans. The proposed 100 day advancement was overturned and I'll get mine in about 95(ish) days same as it been from inception.

Kind of funny, because a few youtube channels are talking about how people who were approaching certain milestones, find the goal posts set back behind their current standing, and being screwed out of the reward. Basically being unlucky for reaching the previous halfway point "too soon" as it were, and being penalized for bad timing in their progress. Which fit my description as just being past 100 days by about 3-5.... after the supposed changes.

Good to have this cleared up. I'd sure like to get my hands on a Primed Mod (Continuity, Flow, Intensity, Streamline, etc...) But there are solid suggestions for getting rewards that aren't time-gated, based on actual gameplay effort over arbitrary logins. Those should get serious consideration.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)CrysJaL said:

That's what people are upset about... It's about people being able to acquire something so early on that others have had to wait literal years to get. It's not the time spent to acquire everything that people care about, it's the time spent to acquire the later rewards. I honestly am less bothered myself because i willget Sigma in a few days but I understand the issue for some people though. The porposed changes would make the relative work spent by others meaningless. Imagine if DE said that suddenly they're making only half of weapons give affinity, but that those that will will give double making it so that people can achieve master rank 25 twice as easily. 

Those people ahead of the Line didnt even realy wait for it. They just got some nice suprise gifts. You cant wait for suprise gifts, they just happen. The people later on are the ones do the patient waiting. And just booting up the client once a day to get another day checked entitles you to *, thats not work.

The people who realy care about the game and how it develops in the future dont mind releasing those weapons and mods to everyone. Its just some entitles few.

@[DE]Rebecca To save yourselves a lot of headache later on, make it a token system, 

So when you hit X days you get a Weapon/Mod/Etc token and you can exchange that later for the gear you want. 

Otherwise I will guarantee you will see massive dips in logins around periods when DE normally adds new items to the pools. Because people are going to wait it out rather than having to sit for another 100, 200 or 300 days if the "new thing" turns out to be interesting to them. 

With a token system they can pick it up now and decide what to do with it later and you will avoid those "well lets see what they add" drop offs. It also avoids a bunch of irrationally angry feedback from people who don't pay attention, hit their mark, get their thing and then find out that a cooler thing was added a few days after. Since at that point it becomes a matter of the player choosing to redeem the item and not the system forcing the player to redeem it NOW. 

I've played a couple of games that have the same system of a set 30-day login reward rotation, with the 30-day being a "big" reward. Locking mods and weapons behind a login wall is stupid. Cosmetics and utilities like Forma, fine. But not things that are actually core parts of the game.

But maybe I'm biased because Guild Wars 2's login system is so perfect.

Spoiler
13 minutes ago, Aesith said:

So if I understand this proposed change correctly: an almost three year long grind is becoming an almost three year long grind with plans to extend it out further and include choices? Because if so then this workshop is a slap to the face. It doesn't help out the people close to rewards when it gets released, it does nothing for people already with the rewards, and still keeps new players three years behind everyone else.

Let's say NewGuy5 finds the marvel that is Warframe the day after this change is implemented, he plays for a bit, asks around about builds or researches them on his own and discovers that [Primed Vigor] would be great for the build he has in mind. It's been three months (90 days) but that mod is still almost four more months away so he goes to trade for it but oh no he can't because some vocal people were scared about phantom accounts throwing the platinum economy out of whack. No big deal he figures, it's a fun game he'll just keep playing. Day 100 he gets the promotion he's been looking for and suddenly can't login in every day, with teh new workload he's lucky to login every other day. What should've been another 100 days now becomes 200 at best. He plays when he can and decides that [Primed Shred] would be great for his new favorite primary the [Zenith] ah but that'd be day 400 login if he grabbed [Primed Vigor] in the coming months or he could skip vigor for shred. And then an evergreen armor set is released for day 1100, which with his promotion is now 2000 days away or five and a half years if he can manage to login every other day, not play, just login like a chore.
So we've now made any reward past a few months time seemingly out of reach for anyone who can't or doesn't want to reliably login. This is true for the current system, and true for this proposed change regardless of the choices added. If we look at most other login reward systems (I'm going to use mobile games, in specific Monster Super League and Sdorica) we see that in the first example there's a 28 day login table, with each week being capped by a valuable reward such as eggs, evolution material, or premium currency ($3 worth) and the last week is materials unique to premium currency and events, however each day before that week is also moderately useful in its reward with about five missions worth of gold, food, or energy. Moving onto example two we see that it uses a consecutive login system that awards various currencies and materials in useful amounts (unfortunately I can't be more detailed as the previous and next day aren't viewable to my knowledge).

But Aesith, these are mobile games that are basically card games in disguise not a pc/console space-ninja-wizard-mercenary-pirate-spacekid simulator with pets and cards!
You're right however they work the same way any other free to play game does: customer retention. If every day's login is moderately useful then players are more likely to continually login and play and the more they play the more likely they become to make a purchase. If we take our 5 mission example then the proposed 300 endo at MR25 with 1000 logins becomes closer to 2000, the 2500 credit cache becomes about 30,000, the materials would similarly get multiplied by 5-20 depending on type. Granted this doesn't work perfectly with Warframe (materials in specific) but it makes great progress towards the login rewards feeling useful instead of just disappointing that it wasn't a milestone yet or a platinum discount. And no, 2000 endo or 30,000 credits isn't too much when you consider upgrading a single mod will take upwards of tens of thousands of endo and millions of credits depending on rank/rarity, that a rotation of Heiracon can drop 400 endo every other minute or just a rotation gives 25,000 credits if you immediately extract and takes less than five minutes (less than three with Volt or Nova).

As for how I personally feel about this: my account is more than five years old and I have almost $2000 into Warframe. This is a game I love despite my average of one login a week over the age of my account. Changing the login grind from static rewards to choice rewards while still keeping the same time frames, no catch up mechanic, content locked behind almost three years of consecutively logging in day after day after day, and then saying it's more welcoming to new people? I feel that's insulting and that ultimately nothing changed about it, I'm still no closer to the login content, I'm still lacking two popular weapons and two popular mods, I'm still more than a year away from those things and by the time I have them am I still going to want to use them or will they have been overshadowed by the powercreep that happened during the time-gate? Sure not logging in every day is my fault, I can't contest that but in my defense when I'm only logging in to get a paltry 'reward' and not play, is that really something we want to strive for?

i am sad i can only upvote once, this is basicly everything what is wrong

The problem is not mythical "prestige" - only pretentious twats care about that. Logging in is not an effort.

The problem that you have to spend 2 years to try out all the weapons, in the game where trying out cool weapons and frames, and finding something to your tastes is core feature and the main attraction. The "choice" solves nothing as you still have to wait 200 days more to try out the next gun and then 200 days again and so on. For many people it feels like it undermines the core aspect of the game they find fun - trying out new stuff.

Many people hoped the new login system would address that issue, but it didn't. It was worded like it would on initial release. That got people hyped up. It was revealed to not allowing for faster progression, but allow trading so that could alleviate the issue, albeit barely (as the prices surely would've been sky high) - that got people a bit less hyped up, but hopeful that a positive change would come.

And then this "fixed up version", that goes against everything people that cared about it  have hoped this system to be, is a total slap in the face.

Most people seem to disagree with all DE does to the Daily LogIn Rewards... I agree the System desperately needs changes. But criticism should be constructive, don't just say "CLEM it all!". Say what they could do to improve this stuff.

I agree that this can in some cases make people have to wait longer, but you just can't make changes that will always in every Situation sit well with everyone, that is not how opinions work. Theough i personally don't wait for some particular weapon from these LogIns, so i am not too emotional on this topic, but i totally loathe all this hate DE gets for changing this system.

Weapons and Primed Mods impact Gameplay directly, so i agree that these should be more widely available. Someone who looks at a Zenistar or Zenith and totally wants these Weapons and can't wait for them should be able to get this stuff without having to wait anothert 1-2 Years for this stuff. I think this change is necessary for the Community as a whole.

I also understand that Veterans need something to distinguish themselves from the newbies and having seen these new Weapons when being just a bit behind and waiting for them... let's say 300 days to finally get them and now see newer players get them so early would make me kinda salty as well.

So here is a Proposition: Do a system where those Weapons have Requirements to make them available as a LogIn reward. Want the Zenistar? You need to have killed an Eidolon solo, finished a 60min+ Survival, finished all Planets on the star chart. And maybe some MR Requirements? These are just some examples i could think of on the spot. Make the now lower tier LogIn weapons have lower Requirements. Maybe tie some stuff to the Plains, some to Endless Missions, Some to the new Elite Alerts? Just some thoughts for possible Requirements. You could do the same for Primed Mods. 

At the same times this would give those "Veterans" who just LogIn everyday to grab their free stuff some fodder for thought, some might even be required to play the game from time to time to unlock their upcoming stuff ;-P Logging in for 1 Minute every day doesn't make you a Veteran.

At the same time, i understand the need for longtime loyal Players to distinguish themselves from the newer players. And Cosmetics, Syandanas, Sigils, Armor Sets. Those do not directly impact gasmeplay. Just keep locking those behind a hefty time Requirements. Just keep that stuff at those high LogIn Requirements. These are stuff allowing people to show off their dedication to Warframe without keeping newer people from actual gameplay benefits and fun new mechanics that those weapons offer.

TL;DR Log higher tier Weapons / Mods behind "achievement-like" stuff to be available as rewards, keep cosmetics for the veterans to show off. No more real gameplay disadvantage to newbies, still exclusive rewards for Veterans.

3 hours ago, Aesith said:

You've captured my feelings on the matter pretty well.

I've always more or less written off login rewards in this game. It's nice to get the occasional 50-75% plat discount, and I'll probably get something I'll actually use (so far it's either mastery fodder for me or I just don't use it) some day, but I kind of just.. don't care. 900+ days is simply not going to happen, even if I play for another five years. And by then hundreds more days and several more mods/weapons will have stacked up. Hell, I'd opt out of login rewards altogether if it were possible, because it's just discouraging and annoying to be reminded of the stuff I will never have the option to get.

Any changes to this system that don't fix that problem aren't worth much to me. Yeah, it's kind of nice to get a mod I'll get a bit more use out of, when I eventually get another primed mod, but who knows when that will even happen. I wouldn't call it a slap in the face, because as I said I already don't play for the login rewards. It's just kind of sad.. it's like they're trying to make the login rewards less grindy but can't commit to a real change for fear of making "veterans" cry, and it's not even working because half of them are crying anyway.

To be honest, I feel like these proposed changes are missing the actual problem with the login reward system entirely and are instead so focused on delivering some sort of compromise between the two extremes (newer players/players with multiple years logged in) that they end up being, to be blunt, a half baked solution that tries to give something for everyone but ultimately just ends up making everyone unhappy.

From my point of view, if a game has a login reward system that requires players to log in for X amount of years to get actual gameplay affecting rewards (mods/weapons) then that system is extremely flawed and becomes more and more detrimental the further we get in Warframes lifespan and the more of said rewards are added in. In my opinion these things have no place in the login reward system or at very least they should be frontloaded in it while the higher tiers should contain more of proper cosmetic rewards (armors, syandanas etc.)

Archived