Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wild Speculation on Lucy Lawless' Visit to DE

MagPrime

28 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Wasn't she the one who played as xena? The cakhram princess with a really weird ps1 game.

Edit : yeap, that's the one (post above). Was she still active in the industry?

She's still active AFAIK. She had a minor role in one of the later series of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. Was in the Battlestar Galactica reboot. Also did some voice acting in an episode of The Simpsons.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

5 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

She's still active AFAIK. She had a minor role in one of the later series of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. Was in the Battlestar Galactica reboot. Also did some voice acting in an episode of The Simpsons.

She also was a main anti-hero/villain in Ash Vs Evil Dead TV series (until the show got cancelled, damn you STARZ!)

1 hour ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Darn millenials not knowing who Lucy Lawless is. It's like not knowing who Kevin Sorbo is. Y'know....the guy who played Hercules in God of War 3. Or not knowing Bruce Campbell the guy who did the voiceover for the tutorial level on the PS1 Spiderman game. And they did other stuff I guess. 

*coughs* I'm a millennial and I grew up watching both shows. 

Go down to the next couple generations. 

Edited by MagPrime

15 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

So thats what Xena looks like these days. Still nice but couldn't be much more different if she tried. She actually looks like a lady I work with. :surprised:

Also, who's the tatted redhead hottie on the right? *rawr* Could swear I've seen her on TV somewhere.

"tatted redhead hottie" you are joking right? that is [DE]Megan the Warframe Community manager.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Darn millenials not knowing who Lucy Lawless is. It's like not knowing who Kevin Sorbo is. Y'know....the guy who played Hercules in God of War 3. Or not knowing Bruce Campbell the guy who did the voiceover for the tutorial level on the PS1 Spiderman game. And they did other stuff I guess. 

Ah, the great Kevin Sorbo! I know him from Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Andromeda. Happy times! :laugh:

8 hours ago, MagPrime said:

*coughs* I'm a millennial and I grew up watching both shows. 

Go down to the next couple generations. 

I guess he's just living up to his name. :wink: Also I think there is only 1 generation after you...Generation Z (AFAIK).

7 hours ago, ADM-Ntek said:

"tatted redhead hottie" you are joking right? that is [DE]Megan the Warframe Community manager.

Nope, I'm not joking...she is a hottie!

Actually I just remembered - she reminds me of one of the characters from Warehouse 13.

Guess I'd better hope she never reads this thread! :blush:

4 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Ah, the great Kevin Sorbo! I know him from Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Andromeda. Happy times! :laugh:

I guess he's just living up to his name. :wink: Also I think there is only 1 generation after you...Generation Z (AFAIK).

IIRC a generation is based on 10 year chunks, so there is more than 1 generation after me. 

45 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

IIRC a generation is based on 10 year chunks, so there is more than 1 generation after me. 

I was under the impression it was more like 20 years. 10 years isn't that much time for cultural & social change.

30 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Well obviously there's only one, because they ran out of letters.

Guess we're going to Generation A1 now... :laugh:

50 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

I was under the impression it was more like 20 years. 10 years isn't that much time for cultural & social change.

Guess we're going to Generation A1 now... :laugh:

It's a bunch of wibbly wobbly stuff that a bunch of people decide makes up a certain demographic born in a certain time period. There was a recent adjustment to the time-frames of BB, Gen-x, and Gen-y. Why? who knows, not me. Google currently states the Millennial/Gen-y runs from 80's to 04 and Gen-z from 90's to early 2000's. Apparently we're currently in Gen Alpha.

That's the social sense and my half-sleeping interpretation. For the biological part though a generation is considered 20 -30 years, when that grouping grows up and begins reproducing. Sources give the general idea of where a generation is but still have a lot of variance. There is also the possibility of generations extending or decreasing due to countries and time periods.

On the topic at hand does DE have a voice for Margulis?

Edited by Postal_pat

15 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

As a Millennial, I'm pretty sure most Millennials (born 1982 to 2000) know who Lucy Lawless is, as well as Kevin Sorbo. You should probably know who Millennials actually are before running off at the mouth.

6 minutes ago, Postal_pat said:

On the topic at hand does DE have a voice for Margulis?

Yes. It's Rebecca. She voices both Margulis and Lotus, who both sound basically the same (Lotus just shows a bit less emotion than Margulis).