Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

Revenant could use some survivability changes. Giving Overshields by killing mobs with enthrall is simply not effective, as shields are not effective in high level missions. Any hit from any mob instantly removes your shields, and in the end only your health and armor matters.

So, I think it would be a nice change to improve his survivability by removing the overshield gain with his abilities, and buffing his mesmer skin to give armor/health, or giving him a way to recharge the mesmer skin charges. Having no control over the charges makes his survivability unreliable, and having to rely on overshield simply doesnt work anymore 😞 

EDIT: After playing some survival with him, I realized his major flaw in survivability: reave can replenish his health, but he has no way of surviving the loss of health in the first place. His mesmer skin is simply not enought for him to survive, the charges go away too quickly and you die all of a sudden.

Again, another suggestion: Forget the overshield mechanics on him, buff his mesmer skin so that you don't get invulnerable with it, but give him a damage reduction that would increase more and more as you reave. enthrall and danse. This way he could withstand the HP loss, and would be able to replenish it with reave. Give a nice and fun reward in survivability if you play him correctly, making him the real immortal eidolon warden.

Edited by rolamento
  • Like 2

Okay the 7 enthralled enemies are way better than just 4 but still kinda sucks that when the timer runs out you lose those 7 if you just got them. Please remove the timer from Enthrall, it's really painful when you finally get 7 enthralled enemies just for the timer to run out and then you have to start all over again, scrap the timer so that way the ability keeps it's flow, even in endurance runs as the enemies start scaling the ones you are in control of start dying and then you can get those higher level enemies and so on, it would be better than worrying about the timer. Now Mesmer skin still needs some work done, I think Mesmer skin should be the one with the timer instead of charges in my opinion and should have a way better visual affect, the smoke is nice and all but just having a bit of tendrils poking out of one shoulder seems a little underwhelming. The last skill I have an issue with is Reave, this ability shouldn't be using duration for how far you travel, it reminds me of Excalibur's old slash dash and how duration was how far it went so it would make sense to use Stretch for how far you travel with Reave, also give it a better smokey affect when it's used because as nice as it looks now, it still looks pretty bad.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nokturnihs said:

I agree he's not the most engaging frame to play as a whole. As far as the vampire thing goes, he probably should have been vampire themed or eidolon themed, not a poor mix of both.

The conundrum is amusing, I will agree. And I've been very vocal about my concerns in upcoming melee changes (not excited). 

On the mesmer skin bit, I've seen it - on videos and in a round about way here. I think it's fine. It could use some tweaks but they certainly aren't necessary. 

I get the impression when I read these threads that a lot of people are hoping the newest frame is going to be "the one" - the frame that you will only ever play that frame ever again because it does it all. I personally hope it never happens because the reason I was drawn to this game was the abundance of choice and the ability to do things your own way. I have a map-clearing Mag and a DPS Oberon and neither of those is really how your "supposed" to play those frames. The fact that if I work at it I -can- do those weird builds are what keep me playing when I have nearly all there is in the arsenal (zanuka can kiss my operator - shy little jerk).

Yeah, I was hoping for a pure eidolon frame, would have even taken the time to make a proper suggestions for what that means if I felt DE would actually go in that direction at least, but looking at these comments it either seems like it'll take a rework if the frame flops (post changes) or DE agreeing to make major changes to him now (which I doubt will happen)

Imo the whole thrall thing can be given to Nyx in some way, her existence prompted the nerf to the thrall count, I don't see why they can't take the mechanic and incorporate it into her kit.

I guess too many people like how this frame turned out? Maybe that's something that happens with every frame...

Anyways this kit is starting to seem more and more boring to me. Even the current 4 got stale despite being the best part of it.

It can be fixed, it can be good, but with it being an upgraded mind control, a charge based tank ability (which is pretty good, but doesnt always work well atm), a healing ability that seems redundant with his 2 (could be an ok dmg ability with better cast time and more consistent lifesteal tho) and a 4 that locks you out of doing most things in favour of you performing a constant aoe attack (and it does good dmg, it scales pretty good, problem is that it doesnt have much interaction beyond choosing where the aoe is positioned)

I think this is the first time I've tried to give this much feedback on a new frame, I really liked fighting the eidolons (eventho it got repetetive) and was really curious where they could take their concept into a warframe, but hearing that it was impossible lore wise I didn't think it was possible, but they did it anyways and the result was disappointing to me.

You increased the energy cost of Danse Macabre to keep just to press 4 and hold. But aleady 12.5/sec was so crazy, even 25/sec when we use LMB!

Well... now.. 20/sec, and 40/sec with LMB! Really? Is that your best reaction for P to 4?

Even in full efficiency, it consume our precious energy for 5/per sec, and 10/per sec with LMB. If you don’t have primed flow, full energy will burn up in just a few second.

Even Mesa can consist her Peacemaker over 1 minute. Does the Danse Macabre have worth on it’s cost?

Edited by rmseka

1 minute ago, nokturnihs said:

I understand it's a horde shooter, genius. I would make the same argument about Saryn's changes and Harrow all around. Yet it's exactly what was recently added TO Saryn's Kit by DE and makes Saryn far less enjoyable to play. If you somehow believe that people don't look for every opportunity to AFK in any way, even for a short time you must not play in pub groups a lot. I see it every day, all the time, and across the star chart. They don't have to spell it out. If you REALLY want to use thralls, spend that energy frivolously and stay away from your teammates. If you can do it for free off his 2, then who cares if your buddies kill them in 0.2 seconds?

To be fair, I don't care for anti-team mechanics either, you just irritated the crap out of me with your antagonistic attitude. It doesn't matter at this point what you argue, you haven't made me a fan or likely to agree. I wasn't rude in my original post, but you decided to make it contentious. So yeah...

Now you're backpeddling on your idea that you can AFK with revenant because of how silly it sounds, even if thralls were immune to friendly fire from squadmates. I play plenty of pub and I know that Revenant, at his most efficiently played, is good for roughly 20 seconds of tabbing out to change songs. I know this because as I tabbed back the sound of mesmer skin being broken through and my squadmate reviving me told me as much. Thralls, unless significant changes are made to them, will never be an ability to AFK with. Even the Spin2Win ability can be beaten by a single osprey or sniper from outside beam range. His kit is just not AFK friendly and won't be in any reasonable way in any map that isn't low-level trash (that's everything up to at least Pluto, just so you know). As for staying away from teammates you should know that's near impossible. Someone will always come along to whatever little corner of the map you're in, especially if you've got the highest damage or are close. If you don't know that much, you must not play in pub groups a lot. And doing it off his 2 is not only clunky, but that frames like Saryn and Volt exist means that you could get a hundred simultaneous free casts: they aren't going to do anything because they'll die like the rest. Look I can't keep hammering this simple fact into your empty head like this, so just go play some pub revenant and come back later to tell me how right I am.

• Like 2

Can you give his Dance Macabre an augment that makes the thralls dance instead of dying, it could have different effects too:

1. Taunt enemies
  2. Regen health/shield for the damage dealt to the thralls
  3. Charge the thralls with sentient energy before they run at a group of enemies and explode

Thanks.

What if they make his third ability for team play while his first ability is designed for solo play?

They could make his third ability give some sort of bonus to allies and even Revenant himself, perhaps a vampire buff that let's allies and you life drain a bit off enemies, like 2-3% lifesteal for 8-12 seconds, I would also buff the width to make him buff allies and himself much more easily

3 minutes ago, nokturnihs said:

And you aren't right, because when I forma'd Rev up I played pub Revenant solely on high-end content including sorties and had ZERO problems.

Sorry to barge in on this discussion but I just want to say that argument does not work because every single Warframe can pub on high end-content with zero problems without using any abilities

The issue is, there are quite a few warframes that can contribute on high-end content and they are quite good at it, Revenant's only good ability right now is his ultimate and his secondary ability is decent, but he still lacks a few things.

As was said previously in the thread, he lacks survivability, I can use my ultimate in a solo game, after my mesmer skin is gone, my revenant dies almost instantly because he lacks armour and his shields don't soak up enough damage, his first ability is useful on solo mind you but this is one of the things that shows you that without some form of tankyness, Revenant can't do well with his ultimate, so his ultimate only synergises with his mesmer skin and reave for getting away.

My problem is that, well, his Eidolon theming is phoned in, whilst clashing with his Vampire theming.

Vampires are scheming creatures of the night, powerful physically, yes, but terrifying mostly due to their cunning and manipulative methods.

Eidolons are hulking, mindless creatures, basically Kaiju with lasers. They care not for aim, subtlety or strategy when fighting, instead just blasting everything and hoping that they hit their target enough times that they die.

Normally I don't have a problem separating the visual theme and mechanical theme of a frame, because normally, it doesn't matter. But Revenant is... well, an Eidolon, something we have and fight in-game a lot. In other words, it's firmly burned into the schema of 'Warframe'. Thus, using one's likeness kind of has to bring with it something akin to that likeness. They initially tried for a Vampire theme, and his original kit fit that pretty well. But, of course, that led to him feeling empty because... that's it? That's the Eidolon frame? So to compensate, they switched out some abilities to add extra Eidolon into him, which clashes heavily with the Vampire theming.

The result? A half-baked combination of two concepts. I'm not too fond of him.

Revenant is cool... but I was kind of expecting more destruction than CC from him. I say buff his 2 to where he's invincible for a certain duration (Like Eidolons, except if being hit by void damage). Remove his 1 and 3 for something more destructive. And I like his 4, but while it does great damage, it feels a bit lackluster in terms of animation. Like the Teralyst's gun sweep move was really cool because there was weight to its action, making it feel like "Oh S#&$, if I don't dodge this or go into void mode I'm gonna get messed up."

So to sum it up, more destruction, less CC.

• Like 1

Since Danse Macabre had it's energy nerf, which I don't really mind. Is it possible to get conpensation for it. Extra damage is easiest, but maybe somethign else like additional dmg on shields or armor or something. Maybe a status. It kinda sucks just seeing a full on nerf.

EDIT: Oh, or instead of just a spin, the laser can aim up and down if enemies are in the same direction but is higher or lower like flying enemies or knocked down enemies.

Edited by CabbageSnake
  • Like 1

I just did some testing and I found that Mesmer Skin is just trash. After using a Nullifiers for testing I ran into major 2 problems.

1. If Revenant can't stun an enemy like a Nullifier, the stack number won't decrease. It will still go down, but you wont know if it did or didn't.  

2. If Revenant is hit by damage higher than his total of health and shields, he will just die no mater how many stacks he has left. This means that he has no scaling right now, and he can be one shot on sorties 3 missions. Doing index right now would also be a bad idea.

Edit: He might be great in low risk index, since he seams to be able to Enthrall just about anything.

Edited by VioletGoblin
  • Like 3

The recent update was half a step forward and 3 steps back he was honestly better when he launched now not only is his first ability useless but his 4th is worse and his 1st ability is still useless. Why did you make his 1st ability in line with Nekros is should have a cap like Nyx's unlike Nekros who can summon dead enemies Revenant is just a glorified radiation proc.

One of the biggest problems i have with Warframes like Nekros, Nyx and the addition of Revenant is the size of the controlled targets. They block vision for gunplay and adds to friendly fire clutter.

If i were to do minion summoning the way Revenant, Nekros and to a lesser extent Nyx. I would have them behave more like a Battalion wars, Masters of anima or pikmin style of organisation. Where minions size is decreased or take on a different form. (So they dont obscure vision from gunplay). Aswell as take up formations and strategic lines.

I dont feel like my abilities are interacting with the enemies.

I'm a little confused with the Abilities tab at the moment. The cost of Danse Macabre is 20 Energy per second, but putting on just Streamline drops that cost to 10/sec. Last time I checked, 70% of 20 isn't 10. I'm not sure if the value hasn't been changed against modded values with the latest update, or what.

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎30 at 1:35 PM, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

The fact that they compared it to SoTD either means they are actually out of touch with their game or they saw someone go "at least SoTD gets you 7 enemies" and just ripped that as their reasoning.  Either way it's a bad comparsion.  As those shadows exist to protect Nekros.  Thralls are fodder for the rest of Rev's kit.  So we need more thralls.  Thralls need to be easier to obtain.  and the benefits of thrall synergies need to be better.

Well... they didn't exactly compare it to SotD. They said:

• Enthrall cap for thralled enemies increased from 4 to 7.
      • Developer Note: We listened to the feedback that 4 was too few, so we’ve buffed the number to match Nekros’ max Shadows.
    • Danse Macabre energy cost increased from 12.5 to 20 energy per second.
      • Developer Note: In keeping with changes we've made to Warframes in the past to deter from the "set it and forget" approach, we have increased the energy per second on Danse Macabre. We are hoping that with Enthrall's cap increase you can benefit from more overshield pickups with Danse Macabre.  We’re always looking to iterate on your feedback, please leave yours in the dedicated Revenant feedback megathread

•  

They "matched" the cap, that is a description not a comparison. SotD had it's cap reduced because of performance though Entrall aren't nearly as intensive as SotD but might be more than Chaos. I need to do some testing on whether thralls that summon more enemies have the new enemies come out as thralls (like other Pet capture abilities). They even went so far as to say they 'hope the increased cap benefits more overshield pickups" which is part of the reason they didn't just go back to something like 20 (ignoring all the damage zones left behind). Whether you agree that they should limit it because of a (generally useless) overshield bonus, is different than why it is what it is.

With that said, I do agree that Entralling needs to be more 'enticing' for lack of a better term. Just having allies being able to kill them makes its less useful for anything. Personally there are a couple of changes that might be helpful after playing him a little bit.

• The original Entrall (case 0 or C0; the first Thrall created by Revenant) is immune to friendly fire (even Revenant). This thrall is then free to infect targets for the duration and can be released by reusing Enthrall. This would make it somewhere between Mind Control and Shadows or Chaos. It would provide Revenant with a steady stream of targets as his C0 attacks giving him access to more damage traps and overshields to then take more damage to then boost his own damage on Danse more consistently. Alternatively, perhaps C0 is a summoned pet (like a special Vomvalyst to Octavia's Roller) that's only role is to enthrall others for the duration to avoid locking up a target like Mind Control (for Defense trolling cases).
  • Mesmer Armor, can automatically Enthrall eligible stunned targets on retribution up to cap. Maybe a new 1 is in order if that happened (though I personally like the control because iirc you gain enemy ability effects like Ancient Healers and Eximus from thralls) but it would also give some opportunities to make thralls for it's bonuses while under Danse. Or maybe it could be an augment.
  • Reave can get Mesmer Armor charges by dashing through thralls. Gives him a little more control of his 2 while using more energy proactively, even during Danse to keep up MA (you can't abuse Rage type mods with MA anyway). My only concern is that it might give him a simple invincibly path though at least it is active (unlike Hysteria and a lesser extent Void mode). Only limiting it to thralls might even it out though. Possibly an augment choice as well.
  • Danse is hard to put my finger on. The increase to the drain might have been too much, on the other hand it is a fairly simple large AoE skill. I believe that it has a little punch through but still LoS basically and only really has an effective height of around his position (less higher than it can reach lower). Maybe play around with the speed of the spin and power with the hold-charge/ramp-up function then cut the base range and add a range increase along with the charge function with the increased energy as well. Maybe it'll be warranted to then again lower the energy drain again.
10 hours ago, Synpai said:

Other frames also have a theme. This ability does not belong to him. From what we've seen from sentients it doesn't match, nor does him turning into smoke and siphoning health and shields when he's invincible.

We really haven't seen a lot of Sentients; he is also not fully Sentient. Its just a function of a skill to make him more durable in place of just giving him all kinds of DR (not far off from Vex) and he already has a pseudo invincible mechanic. Eidolons also have a couple of ways to replenish shields though it has been more allied linked focused rather than offensive siphon. With that said skill looks more cosmetically like a Vomvalyst charge as per:

• Reave now looks more like the Vomvalyst charge.

Also as much as people want damage adaptation defensively it is not as practical as people want to make it out as especially when it likely wouldn't lock in as many (likely just one damage type). Damage types don't vary that much but doesn't protect you from most threats especially when those larger threats are a bit more uncommon and would leave you open when you need it most.

Here are my two ducats, before this thread gets to 100 pages.

I've read the entire thread and I agree a lot with what's going on.  Most people are unhappy with the frame and DE must realize this means something and hopefully will have a second look at his abilities.

The Good: I really like the look and the flame effects on the frame. They're fun to fashion frame and take color well. His armor, while detailed is a little derivative -- he looks like Nidus and Chroma had a love child. But it's good. Sounds: I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but the sounds of his powers are really cool. The callbacks to the eidolons are enjoyable and surprising. They're not redundant (in that they don't exactly repeat upon repeated casts) and they're sometimes subtle. I'm sure there are those out there that are sick of the sound, but for some reason I like hearing them. Also, the sound around the DM is super cool. It sells the power for me. Applause to the sound team!

Passive: Terrible. Terrible. Terrible. I think I'm most annoyed about how utterly unimaginative it is. It's boring. But, most passives are *sigh*. Literally could have been anything else, but it just fails.  Up that range through the roof and maybe we'd have something.

Thralls: Not much to add here. The community has nailed this one and their suggestions are solid. Take their advice DE. I would add that the pillars of fire should periodically emit homing projectiles like the Vomvalysts emit. It would help with ranged mobs and would be yet another layer of cool. Also, up the radius. I like the thought that dead thralls do something else, but the radius makes using this power more painful than it should be.

Mesmer Skin: Same as above. I would echo, however, that sometimes it's a pain to spot who has been stunned, either because of distance or because of numerous mobs running around. Could you wreathe a stunned mob in sentient energy similar to Rev's arm? It would make them stand out for easier targeting and would add a cool effect to boot.

Reave: Personally, I'm not too happy about this one. I despise Hydroid's Tidal Surge because it's utterly useless and uncontrollable and deeply angering that with frames only having 4 powers one was wasted. This doesn't do much better. It's an uncontrollable dash -- I find myself constantly scanning for straightaways to use this thing on, instead of just feeling secure that it's there and ready when I need it. On top of that, the "heal" and "replenish" are pitiful. I hardly notice them and use the power solely out of personal stubbornness than actual utility. I think the suggestion of having Rev become a cloud of sentient energy that drains has he wishes is a good one. It would be more creepy, would bring some better playability to the frame, and would be a whole lot more fun. Either way, up the drain ratio -- this thing should be killing mobs like the chumps they are.

Dance Macabre: I thought I'd hate a twirling 17th century fop. But I don't. I like the look of it. Overshields though? If Rev is going to be something (other than master of a horde -- which he barely is), he should be an overshields BEAST. Make those overshields actually count for something. They're a) temporary (extremely temporary) and b) shields -- which people have pointed out are pretty weak in this game. Those drops should make him a monster -- 5K - 10k max overshields wouldn't be a stretch (Inaros' EHP is through the roof). The community has given some good advice for the rest of this one, so nothing to add.

Make him good, DE. The community has some great ideas. Listen and implement.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nokturnihs said:

You're not hammering anything into my head because A) you're an abrasive individual who thinks quite highly of your opinions and B) you seem to think yourself competent in every aspect of this game but you obviously are not.

As far as empty headed, you are also incorrect. I could go into detail on that but I'm not sure you're old enough or intelligent enough to understand. I probably earn more in an hour of work than you in a week at a guess, solely on my intellect. 

And you aren't right, because when I forma'd Rev up I played pub Revenant solely on high-end content including sorties and had ZERO problems.

I'm done with you. There was no need to be abrasive and our back and forth isn't doing anyone any favors. We don't agree. I know you're wrong and you think I am. If you're too insecure to handle someone not backing your opinions then that's your problem. 

First off I'm abrasive because it bothers people like you, who feel like they need to pull "totally real" IRL rank to try and win an internet argument about a videogame. Second I know what I know and after a few years that's enough to tell you that you're wrong. Especially when it's something as simple as allied players will murder your thralls without even trying, and that's counterproductive to how revenant's kit interacts.

And I bet you have a secret girlfriend overseas too, right? Look as cringe-inducing as that whole line is I'll leave it at this: if you're older than me there's something very wrong happening here.

Like that other guy said, you can do "high end" content with any frame as long as it has a potato installed. And some frames I don't think you even need that much. But that's not what I said: I said his kit isn't AFK friendly at anything past Pluto.

I'm almost 100% sure there's at least one person having a chuckle at this, but if you're skin's thin enough to consider this abrasive then I think we can agree for once, kiddo

• Like 2

Who ever designed the frame they outdid themselves 10/10.  I am probably going to come back this once I get a couple more days playing the Revenant.

and I made this Fan Trailer lol

[media]

Edit: 9/3/2018

*****This is my experience, my opinion and I can be completely wrong.****

• Overview/summary:
    •         Revenant seems to definitely fall into the category of mission support being usefull in missions like interception, long defense, survival . Being able to redirect incoming damage, remove buffs on the enemy by enthralling enemy ancient healers, bombards, and any other high damage enemy. As far as design its pretty awesome lol Definitely a fashion frame for not being primed (looking at you khora) lol. I don't think the nerf was justified, maybe it's just me, but I think the nerf should have been the lighting on the ability, or on fleeting expertise. There are a handful of frames that had/have high damage output AOE before being primed that werent nerfed for a long time as there animation was not as obnoxious on gameplay. Maybe revenant threatened that? idk hahah. I see the situation with revenant similar to when tiberon prime was released and some people weren't too happy with the riven disposition on such a powerful weapon. 
    •        The frame definitely benefits from; shield, zenurik energy Regen, high damage output weapons (amprex, phage, scoliac, etc.), sentinel like djinn with reawaken mod.
    • Summary points
      • Decent support cast frame/ casual frame
      • Not many builds possible in current state
      • Revenants danse macabre impact on some of the community similar to tiberon prime release
      • Nerf should have been seizure light effects on Danse macabre
      • Not very viable as most of his abilities are handicapped.
      • Design is op mates, very op. 11/10
  • Farming
    • It was maybe a notch more time consuming than farming nidus but not as time consuming as farming harrow.
  • Mechanics:
    • Abilities:
      • 1. Enthral 2/5:
        • For the most part the ability is decent I think 6 specters would have been fine (instead of 7), as it sucks having to recast constantly. They tend to do the job at redirecting damage by being a semi-distraction to enemies (sort of). the ability needs a buff so that the zealous thralls actually do damage, but this might be oversight on how damage in the game is scaled idk.
          • For example: Defend hostage sortie, with trinity and a fast reloading high fire rate weapon the hostage can carry you the entire way doing good amounts of damage for a "specter".
        • Also this ability is a bit pointless to cast in its current state since everyone is used to killing anything that moves lol. The spectors only seem to last long ( 4-5 minutes) after high level survival but get killed by squad eventually. They should be immune to squad damage and the ability should be able to be "uncasted" in case you decide you want more armor during survival idk.
        • Would be awesome if 2-3 revenants could enthral an eidelon to help with tridelon missions (wink..wink..)
      • 2. Mesmer skin 4/5:
        • Ability needs over 140% duration or a decent amount of shield on revenant to be viable.
        • Probably the only useful viable ability (currently)
        • shield gating prototype?
      • 3. Reave 1/5
        • The animation is pretty cool I guess (if you have over 140% range). Would be cool if the ability had a vomvalyst face instead of a cube of smoke,
        • Not enough width and too much energy consumed to be viable if you build for power strength. Not sure why power strength has negative effect on this ability.
        • this might be a stretch
          • but if the ability was to capture incoming fire and redirect it when the animation ends that would be cool.
          • or if the ability was able to convert enemy shields into energy cost of the ability and of danse macabre.
          • maybe remove the ability entirely and allow Revenant to summon a vomvalyst that provides over-shield and energy Regen at 0.5/s or turns sentinel into a vomvalyst energy form.
      • 4. Danse Macabre 3/5
        • It seemed viable on release, but ever since the update on him it seems as if the AOE was changed along with the decrease in efficiency. Its a decent ability, but I can see how it can become a nuisance with bright colors, or multiple revenants in a squad spamming 4 during defense.  The AOE should've remained a full 360 degrees impact or the animation needs to be sped up entirely.
        • Without casting mesmer skin the ability should not really be considered as press 4 to win. For example using danse macabre without casting does not prevent incoming fire.
        • In its current state any build would work for lower level content under lvl 60.
        • The nerf might have been unneeded as it seems that the nerf should have been the obnoxious lights (eidelon design i guess)
      •  

Final thoughts: I hope the best for nyx rework as currently nekros, oberon, and radiation loki seem to be better support frames.

Edited by xDjinn_
  • Like 3