Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant: Terrible or Misunderstood?

Rythiman

1 hour ago, Rythiman said:

That's interesting. I feel like enthrall ties everything together. It's the only thing that makes his synergies work in my opinion.

The thing is just that everything the thralls provide is meaningless when you get comfortable with managing his Mesmer Skin. Decent strength and high duration makes Mesmer a beast when it comes to defense due to a good amount of stacks and a long lasting stun.

So the overshields, shield/hp refill that the thrall synergy provides becomes pointless. And the damage hotspot they provide just doesnt serve a purpose, because when the thralls die, the mobs around them are often already dead too due to weapons or dancing.

41 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

At least Nezha's Warding Halo last much longer than Revenant's Mesmer Skin.

That all depends how hard the attack hits poor paper nezha. Revenant can pretty much facetank whatever he wants without a worry in the world aslong the stacks are managed. Level 5 or level 500, doesnt matter, only one stack per attack is removed.

Edited by SneakyErvin

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

The thing is just that everything the thralls provide is meaningless when you get comfortable with managing his Mesmer Skin. Decent strength and high duration makes Mesmer a beast when it comes to defense due to a good amount of stacks and a long lasting stun.

So the overshields, shield/hp refill that the thrall synergy provides becomes pointless. And the damage hotspot they provide just doesnt serve a purpose, because when the thralls die, the mobs around them are often already dead too due to weapons or dancing.

That all depends how hard the attack hits poor paper nezha. Revenant can pretty much facetank whatever he wants without a worry in the world aslong the stacks are managed. Level 5 or level 500, doesnt matter, only one stack per attack is removed.

The more you talk about it the more I start to understand your POV.  

16 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Revenant can still get one shot if a Enemy like a lvl 120 Corrupted Nullifier hits his Mesmer Skin. Mesmer Skin works better against enemies like the Napalm or Flameblade. In some Moments where Revenant gets One Shot through his Mesmer Skin is where Nezha can last longer.

Edited by VPrime96

In places like mot where the charges are depleted in a blink of an eye, mesmer shield really starts to not be all that effective. Plus at a certain point, nullifiers can one shot me with danse + mesmer shield up is a real downer and limits this frame in that sort of content.

Edited by iuki.

I think Revenant is aggresively mediocre. Not amazing, not Khora, just okay.

He can do the missions you want him to and he can get the job done.

Given we had Limbo and Oberon mains before their respective reworks I'm sure he'll fit someone's playstyle and they'll put the effort in to make him do whatever they want.

6 hours ago, Nakrast said:

Honestly?
He's just like Khora, he was shown in the devstream with a good kit, nothing fancy but it had very good points.
Then he got the Khora treatment, they changed his passive to something completely useless, nerfed his 1st ability and completely reworked his 4th, which is laughable (one of the most expensive drain abilities in game, and it does little to nothing).

To be fair the 1 they initially showed on the Devstream was stupid levels of broken. 

Especially after all that contortion they had gone through trying to make Saryn have to do more than press 1 on her molt in the corner of a map. Revenants original 1 was essentially press 1 on one enemy and the rest of the game plays itself. 

There was absolutely no way that was making it live. 

That said his current 1 is really kinda pointless. 

Personally I'd love it if he was a pet class that could control X number of enemy units but if what the OP is positing is correct and the intent is to pop them as soon as you cast them for the self buff....... they might as well just make his one a targetless self buff. Cause as it stands it's just a self buff with extra steps. 

As for his 4, I'd much rather have seen him get the Sentient Arm Canon as an exalted ability. 

Edit:

kek just noticed the OPs avatar is a Limbo, oh how many "Limbo terrible or misunderstood champion" threads have I read through~

Not to say it has any bearing on the substance, I just find it amusing. 

Edited by Oreades

1 hour ago, VPrime96 said:

Revenant can still get one shot if a Enemy like a lvl 120 Corrupted Nullifier that hits his Mesmer Skin. Mesmer Skin works better against enemies like the Napalm or Flameblade. In some Moments where Revenant gets One Shot through his Mesmer Skin is where Nezha can last longer.

What, how? He cant get one-shot. Each attack removes a single charge. It doesnt matter how hard it hits. Unless you've ran into some very odd bug specific to Nullies, but they already have a known possible bug where the damage is negated and no charge is removed. Nezha pretty much just has extra flat HP, a strong enough hit will remove it and his actual hp/shields. 

A Nezha with 225hp/shields and 3000 Halo will die to a hit that deals 3450 damage. A Rev with 300hp and 675 shield and a 10 stacks of Mesmer Skin will survive those 3450 damage and be down to 9 Mesmer stacks. Same deal if the attack would deal 10000 damage.

Or are you refering to walking into the Nullibubble? If so it is the same case for Nezha if he waddles into them.

Edited by SneakyErvin

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

What, how? He cant get one-shot. Each attack removes a single charge. It doesnt matter how hard it hits. Unless you've ran into some very odd bug specific to Nullies, but they already have a known possible bug where the damage is negated and no charge is removed. Nezha pretty much just has extra flat HP, a strong enough hit will remove it and his actual hp/shields. 

A Nezha with 225hp/shields and 3000 Halo will die to a hit that deals 3450 damage. A Rev with 300hp and 675 shield and a 10 stacks of Mesmer Skin will survive those 3450 damage and be down to 9 Mesmer stacks. Same deal if the attack would deal 10000 damage.

Or are you refering to walking into the Nullibubble? If so it is the same case for Nezha if he waddles into them.

I did the same test in the Simulacrum with a lvl 120 Corrupted Nullifier outside of his bubble (So both abilities was Activated the whole time). Even when i gave Revenant a lot more PowerStrength, he can get one shot from the Nullifier while Nezha took 2 shots. That's with 20 Charges too. Same story with a Kuva Hyeeka Master so i don't know if Mesmer Skin is bugged or those two Enemies are just Broken.

34 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

I did the same test in the Simulacrum with a lvl 120 Corrupted Nullifier outside of his bubble (So both abilities was Activated the whole time). Even when i gave Revenant a lot more PowerStrength, he can get one shot from the Nullifier while Nezha took 2 shots. That's with 20 Charges too. Same story with a Kuva Hyeeka Master so i don't know if Mesmer Skin is bugged or those two Enemies are just Broken.

Simulacrum is bugged in several ways.

edit: Something seems to be borked with sniper mobs in general within the simulacrum. Snipers flatline my Rev at lvl 125, but a 125 Juggernaught doesnt scratch him, neither with his spikes or his charge, same with several other very hard hitting mobs, like the bosses from the Sedna arena. I could not replicate the incident with the Kuva Hyeeka Master, he just got stunned over and over.

It isnt the first time simulacrum is inaccurate.

Edited by SneakyErvin

Ya I'm on ps4 and haven't played revenant, bit his complexity and having to use all of his skills and how they actually work together is the direction DE was intending to head.

Makes sense to me. I'm tired of 1 trick ponies myself. Some originality and complexity will make this game more interesting to play while farming for sure

• Back again. Good points here.
    1 hour ago, Oreades said:

kek just noticed the OPs avatar is a Limbo, oh how many "Limbo terrible or misunderstood champion" threads have I read through~

Not to say it has any bearing on the substance, I just find it amusing. 

You're not wrong, I love Limbo and I have since before his rework. Limbo Prime was a wet dream for me. I might just be attracted to underdog frames. Judge me.

2 hours ago, VPrime96 said:

Revenant can still get one shot if a Enemy like a lvl 120 Corrupted Nullifier that hits his Mesmer Skin. Mesmer Skin works better against enemies like the Napalm or Flameblade. In some Moments where Revenant gets One Shot through his Mesmer Skin is where Nezha can last longer.

This is a problem. I'm not sure if that's how it's intended to work but under the right circumstances Revenant's cycle of mayhem come be brought to a screeching hault by one corpus nullifier. To clarify, VPrime96 is saying that enemies inside the nullifier can shoot through Revenant's Mesmer skin, even if Revenant is outside the nullifier. The problem here is, how to justify using up a Mesmer skin stack if it can't stun an enemy because they're in the nullifier. Currently, I guess the game just decides to ignore Mesmer skin.

11 hours ago, VPrime96 said:

If you make the Kuva hyeeka Master hit you with her Fire Grenade, you can get one shotted.

Ah that should be working as intended, DoT patches from enemy abilities and envirnonmental objects arent absorbed. Same with a high enough Napalm that gets his fire patch up under your feet.

And with the Nullifier it is inconsistant for me. When the bubble is up he sometimes does nothing to my Rev, no one shot and no charge removed from mesmer either, as soon as the bubble drops the next shot is a 1HK.

Edited by SneakyErvin

20 hours ago, xcenic said:

insert: Gara, Khora and now revenant in that list too.

Just MR fodder! at least this "ReVeN@nT" comes with a decent weapon to use and no like Khora!

both gara and khora are very strong frames tho. especially gara.

39 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

especially gara.

Gara’s Splinter Storm can be a much stronger WOF than Ember’s but it requires plenty of Casting of her 4 and 1 while she got her 2 up but casting her 4 can reset her 2’s duration so at least she got Synergy.

2 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

Gara’s Splinter Storm can be a much stronger WOF than Ember’s but it requires plenty of Casting of her 4 and 1 while she got her 2 up but casting her 4 can reset her 2’s duration so at least she got Synergy.

the main point of that skill isnt damage. its the stupidly high damage reduction that you can cast on pretty much anything, including the objectives. 

Thralls are braindead minions that like to follow you like baby ducklings. Instead of, you know, ever being useful and dieing near the front lines which would be useful for everyone. Then pillars would be great, then overshield drops would be out there for teammates. Then they would be the ones getting attacked instead of the skin constantly shielding me and I can't enthrall any more because 7 of them wound up running back behind me.

Rev would be a-ok'ish if all thralls had just agressive melee ai.

...And if reave was a radius leech and CC instead of a movement charge. Rev would put his arm to the ground and ghost arms grab everyone. Hey, something useful for the price.

Then you have a captive audience for a little dance off.

Edited by Firetempest

I like alot of the ideas tossed around here, but I gotta say, from reading over literally every comment...it feels like many of the haters I see are mostly just "Not a DPS skill = useless", as if high damage numbers are the only way to have fun in Warframe 😕   Some of us do actually enjoy just messing around with things like Mind Control and other manipulations of the battlefield.  I mean, a frame could do -0- damage with any abilities, and we'd still have OP Weapons to do that for 'em.  Their powers alone don't have to be the killing components of the gameplay.

13 minutes ago, Canstrom said:

My issue with Revenant, is that his 2 and 3 don't seem to match his "i'm an Eidolon Warframe".  I've never seen anything Eidolon related "turn into mist" or have a sleep skin.  

Well, the Vomvalysts do turn to mist and rush enemies when in their spectral forms....might've been where that came from.  The 2, not so much, I guess?

As much as I DO think Revenant looks like fun, and I do think he'll be fine, despite the negative backlash on the forums (which happens with -every- new thing), I DO think that they tried too hard to mix Rebb's vision of a vampiric frame with the Eidolon concept, and they should have been 2 separate things.

I, for one, actually enjoyed the original 4 they were planning, where everything thralled just fell to sleep.  Would've made for some awesome Spy mission fun.  But it seems like someone at DE was like "Nah, we gotta make it Eidolon-esque"...and Rebb's vampframe got hijacked a bit.

Now, all that being said, we don't know much about Eidolons as a thing in general so....all our assumptions and judgements could be completely ill-informed.

Meh.

I do like the idea a few posts back about altering his 4 to make it more like a toggle between Arm Cannon and Arm Rifle Gun kinda thing.  Would be interesting, and resolve the communities demand for the sentient arm cannon lol

Regardless, now that Revenant is out, they aren't likely to do a MAJOR overhaul like that in the near future, as many have just recently spent money/plat on getting him.  To change a product so soon after purchase would probably spark quite a bit of backlash, regardless of intent or merit.

All in all, Happy to see a new frame and looking forward to watching the evolution of it in the coming months!

@ OP : to answer your question, Rev is both Terrible And Missunderstood.

Such a great theme with so much potential design & abilities wise turned out to be a tasteless patch of garbage , cluncky & poor abilities ( Bugged too )

Sitting in the Mastery Fodder bin for me, until proper changes and tweaks are done but as far as i'm concerned he's eligible already for a rework from scratch...

I don't even like his ultimate , the way it's been portraited , i couldn't care much about the energy nerf thing, but i really loathe the design of the ability per se, my eyes cry RAPE everytime i see one of those clowns around

Edited by arm4geddon-117