Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma needs a rework

Aleksi134

22 hours ago, Oru5732 said:

What I said was, that he is not the top priority to rework, because he has a use unlike other frames, that are almost completely unused. I did never say:"Chroma is perfect as he is, never rework him". What I was suggesting was merely: Rework the unused frames first.

I would hope DE would take this to heart.  At the risk of bringing on the beehive I'm actually glad they didn't rework him on prime release. 

Why you ask?  Because it feels scummy is why.  Its basically sending the message to the players that they have no motive to keep balancing the Warframes unless financially there's some profit motive involved i.e. skins and prime packs.  They've been doing this for a while now, and I've had a problem with it for a long time, but its finally come to a head with the Vauban Deluxe skin for me.  Again it just feels flat out scummy to me.

I would really hope that keep to what they said about doing a kit pass on Vauban/Nyx/Wukong/Titania.  However with the current content drought, and a major release right around the corner I'm holding my breath if we ever see any of this-my guess is spring of next year at this point if they were actually telling the truth.  This would put a Chroma rework sometime in the middle of next year barring they actually commit to it.

Edited by (PS4)ZeroSection

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ultamite hero said:

The question is that will this eventually be like 2-5 years from now? DE have had a bit of track record of forgetting about frames that needed fixing. I mean its good that they are going to fix up wukong, nyx, titania and vauban. But I doubt they will work on chroma since he wasn't even on the bottom of the list...

The only hope that I can see for DE to work on reworking chroma would be if 2019 is going to be the year of the rework.

So we make this happen. I'm gonna try. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GhostofaMessiah said:

I just wanna be able to pick my element and still pick my energy color too! 

Fashion frame is the real endgame!

Who cares what his abilities do? Honestly?

i did mention a option of setting which energy colors affect which element in a mandacord like setting aka a place of extra customization. so that no ability is hindered  or replaced with some element changing mechanic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

i did mention a option of setting which energy colors affect which element in a mandacord like setting aka a place of extra customization. so that no ability is hindered  or replaced with some element changing mechanic.

"who cares about what his abilities do?" 

You serious? 

Yeah, I know, quoted the wrong person. 

17 minutes ago, (XB1)TRL kaldwin said:

"who cares about what his abilities do?" 

You serious? 

Yeah, I know, quoted the wrong person. 

would you say the same thing with ash, volt, loki, rhino, ember, saryn, excalibur, and frost if a huge chunk of their personality was taken away from them and replaced with something that is intend for fashion frame? 

wait now i am confused. sorry

Edited by maddragonmaster

il y a une heure, (XB1)TRL kaldwin a dit :

I think you're right... the new type of calculation  is no longer moltiplicative but additive. 

I think that your numbers are correct. 

So, is obvious that he needs a rework, considering the fact that Chroma can still be stunned and affected by status proc that reduce his Hp by a lot. 

Rhino hasn't this type of problem because iron skin makes him invincible ( as long as the armor has enough Hp) and immune to any stun. 

So, this is the situation. 

No offense but if one wants to play with something similar to iron skin, he should play Rhino not Chroma. This things already have been discussed with Nezha rework, it's pointless to compare each frame since the objective is to make them all unique at some point.

Having different elements is really interesting but how his powers work makes frost and fire better synergies. Buffing damages with Vex armor shouldn't be an option and only this elements help him survive with really low shield. Chroma design mostly lacks of consistency and balance. His first power is a waste and two distinct active powers makes him only boring to play.

17 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

No offense but if one wants to play with something similar to iron skin, he should play Rhino not Chroma. This things already have been discussed with Nezha rework, it's pointless to compare each frame since the objective is to make them all unique at some point.

Having different elements is really interesting but how his powers work makes frost and fire better synergies. Buffing damages with Vex armor shouldn't be an option and only this elements help him survive with really low shield. Chroma design mostly lacks of consistency and balance. His first power is a waste and two distinct active powers makes him only boring to play.

That why he needs a rework, starting with the calculation of vex armor. 

The old one was perfect, just remove the double dipping damage. 

Also improve the 1st and the 4th and give a little buff to te 2nd. 

This would make Chroma great again and funny to play. 

You do not want to tell me that face tanking enemies while firing with a shotgun ( buffed with vex armor buff) it's boring? 

Or better... It was boring? 

Absolutely not, Chroma has been created for this, is not a support, is a badass dragon tank-damage dealer. 

7 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

his 1st maybe bad  but it can still have good potential if DE does work it into a better situation plus it would be a fun and engaging ability far better then the cheep and easy set it up and be done with it abilities. 

plus i really don't know what your thinking about. but if your saying get ride of his 1 and 4 and replace it with more buffs and stuff then i would like to say then chroma is not the frame for you. as it would be in poor tastes, and it would be the equivalent of saying ash is a ninja and removing his ninja related abilities and replacing them with non ninja abilities. as he is a dragon to dragon knight theme first, tank second, cc & dps third , with the support beenng the least think that should be focused on. 

and i don't really see the point of having a support focused frames when most frames can be build around having some form of support ability while still having having the healer, tank, cc, and dps roles.

43 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

No it was merely meant to compare ehp's that chroma and rhino can get. Rhino without even trying that hard can easily exceed chromas EHP values. Meanwhile chroma here puts every power strength mod that is possible to fit in a build and barely gets 30k ehp. Chroma in his current state is pretty squishy compared to other tanks.

• Like 1

chroma passive:  (moved from effigy) credits have an increased chance to drop as well as a x2 multiplier

spectral scream: (str, eff, dr)

part 1- clicking ability allows you to cycle through element type

part 2-  holding allows you to activate, while active spectral scream adds the element chosen to the players weapons at base 50%(affected by pwr str) of the total damage. has 20% chance to proc(affected by pwr str)

note: the element spectral scream is using will not be added to elemental combo and will be counted as secondary element that can proc, much like the hystrix or hunter munitions.

elemental ward: (i consider to not be where it should be with most elements and designs of the game) (str, eff, dr, rng)

fire: changed to grant bonus 100 + 20% total health(before ability), 10 hps regen, and fire aura 5m 

ice: added slow aura within 5m

toxic: removed holster speed and added melee speed and bonus toxic to weapons, aura for buff is 10m, toxic dmg aura remains 5m

electric: increase range of damage reflection to base 15m, shields get bonus of 20% total shields and recharge delay goes down 50%(str)

note: ability must be recast in order to switch what element is used during ability use

vex armor:

change armor buff to a damage reduction that starts at 60%(hard caps at 90%(str))

note: change augment to deal impact damage every 150 shields destroyed and viral damage every 200 health with 100% proc chance

effigy:

moved credit bonus to passive. remove armor reduction, lower drain cost to 8 at base and 1.75 at lowest, allow the stun scream to open to finishers, increase agro, increase status chance of elemental breath(str)

note: change augment to make effigy follow player( much like octavias rollerball)

synergies:

1-2: elemental ward adds 10% more to spectral scream

4-3: effigy will be granted vex bonuses if player is within 30m

4-2: effigy will give allies within range (same as players) elemental ward at 50% strength

48 minutes ago, (XB1)ultamite hero said:

No it was merely meant to compare ehp's that chroma and rhino can get. Rhino without even trying that hard can easily exceed chromas EHP values. Meanwhile chroma here puts every power strength mod that is possible to fit in a build and barely gets 30k ehp. Chroma in his current state is pretty squishy compared to other tanks.

revenant can theoretically scale to whenever the code for enemy level breaks, fr ehp values

39 minutes ago, (PS4)TwilightGrim said:

revenant can theoretically scale to whenever the code for enemy level breaks, fr ehp values

revenant is very tanky in that regard, but I'm more leaning towards comparing chromas tankyness to frames such as rhino, nekros, gara, trinity and etc. Rhino was just one of the comparisons I made. 

well anyways i can't really grasp the reasoning for people to suggest elemental rotation and still can't even if they explain it.  it would wast an ability slot or clog up an ability with an extra mechanic and  then you would have to constantly tap that key to cycle through it or you would have to distract yourself messing with a small elemental wheel selection if it was a hold feature. 

and then when you look at chroma's only advantages for having it, which are: being an outside sorce of status procs for condition overload which mind you could get a rework that may only include procs that are caused by melee, and generic small buffs that other frames could still do better even when chroma has access to them. at anything he would be a cheep substitute for another frame that can do it better.  even when they are buffed

at this point i suggest chroma should not be labeled as a support, but a berserker role in other words a frame that leaps into large amount of enemies and causes havok leaving everything in ruin. besides i kind of enjoy the idea of a draconic berserker running into groups and just releasing elemental breaths every once and a while. and just have him work with 1 support ability. why not?  almost every frame as at least 1 support ability or has some augment or mechanic that works as support.

Just a warframe used to kill Eidolon in Cetus? That is all? His 1 cannot even do an acceptable damage and his 4 halves the user's armor. His passive is somewhat okay, but Harrow, Rhino, and Trinity does more support. He can do high damage with weapons while Mesa, Volt, Saryn, and many more other frames use their abilities to kill faster in most of missions. Tanky frames like Frost, Inaros, and Nidus also have utilities to help the team survive with ability to provide protection, regen, life steal, CC, and AoE damage. Chroma isn't even jack of all trades, master of none. He is jack of barely any trade. Whenever I ask people how's Chroma, it's always, "he is great for eidolon." He certainly isn't terrible, but it doesn't sound that good.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, (XB1)ultamite hero said:

Rhino also has decent CC even when modded for IronClad and doesn't require the group to hug him for his damage buff.

His damage can also out perform Chroma outside Eidolon fights thanks to the still present double dip of multiplicative modifiers.

I have video from a lvl 300 run a while back with Rhino + Galantine where I was pulling 35,000 bleed ticks using Tempo Royal.

I'm actually concerned for Nyx now. If I can do wave 80 lvl 350 Void Defense Solo with her I don't think she needs a rework.

That or it's just another smoke and mirrors nerf. At any rate Chroma really has nothing special to offer outside Eidolon fights.

Edited by Xzorn
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Rhino also has decent CC even when modded for IronClad and doesn't require the group to hug him for his damage buff.

His damage can also out perform Chroma outside Eidolon fights thanks to the still present double dip of multiplicative modifiers.

I have video from a lvl 300 run a while back with Rhino + Galantine where I was pulling 35,000 bleed ticks using Tempo Royal.

I'm actually concerned for Nyx now. If I can do wave 80 lvl 350 Void Defense Solo with her I don't think she needs a rework.

That or it's just another smoke and mirrors nerf. At any rate Chroma really has nothing special to offer outside Eidolon fights.

And for the eidolon fight there is something better than Chroma. 

Edited by (XB1)TRL kaldwin

vor einer Stunde schrieb Thaylien:

Oh for crying out loud people...

Does nobody actually pay attention to what DE says?!

They have clearly said several times that they know, that Chroma needs another pass, but that they're not working on it yet. 

Just chill, the lot of you panicky thread starters.

They also said that enemy armor scaling needs a revisit, haven't seen anything on that for two years now 😉 . I don't think there's a problem with reminding them of stuff that needs fixing when they don't follow up their acknowlegments for those amounts of time, or sometimes at all.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, W3zeer said:

They also said that enemy armor scaling needs a revisit, haven't seen anything on that for two years now 😉 . I don't think there's a problem with reminding them of stuff that needs fixing when they don't follow up their acknowlegments for those amounts of time, or sometimes at all.

Yeah, but come on, this is about the fourteenth thread in the last six days. Not to mention all the people that appeared to be literally throwing controllers around when they found out he wasn't getting the rework before his Prime came out...

Forgive a little frustration when the actual information and confirmation that Chroma is going to have his rework, just not now, was repeated on Friday and this thread and re-awakenings of about four others pops up on Monday.

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb Thaylien:

Yeah, but come on, this is about the fourteenth thread in the last six days. Not to mention all the people that appeared to be literally throwing controllers around when they found out he wasn't getting the rework before his Prime came out...

Forgive a little frustration when the actual information and confirmation that Chroma is going to have his rework, just not now, was repeated on Friday and this thread and re-awakenings of about four others pops up on Monday.

Sure, I can understand you, having the forum full of the same topics gets boring very quickly, it's just that I can understand the other side aswell. Many frames have gotten a rework when they got primed so ppl were kind of expecting that. And seeing that not just one, but two other frames will get reworks before chroma is kind of a letdown for those ppl when you consider the speed at which those reworks come. And unfortunatly it's not like what DE says is always what DE does so not even this statement is something you can really rely on. I'm not here to pick a fight with you, it's just not as convincing to me if you argue from the point that DE has adressed it and that settles it, as if you just told them you're sick of the same topic over and over. I mean they could really just write in the threats that already exist 😄

• Like 3