Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's Your Opinion on Recent Devstreams?

GinKenshin

Hey guys, 

I'm thinking of making a thread relating to warframe devstreams, but I wanna hear your opinions on them first and hopefully gather more info 

Just write about what devstreams should be and what they should bring, is DE really sticking to that 'definition'? the whole process of it and pretty much anything you can think of would help 

Thank you 

dev streams imho should bring a little showing of whats ahead reworks thoughts concepts just a look into the devs heads mostly besides that im not picky if reb wants to spend 40 minutes looking for poop in fortuna eh id be game to watch that too some fun to shake it every now and then is nice 

granted didnt cacth this days dev stream i miss anything important?

3 minutes ago, seprent said:

dev streams imho should bring a little showing of whats ahead reworks thoughts concepts just a look into the devs heads mostly besides that im not picky if reb wants to spend 40 minutes looking for poop in fortuna eh id be game to watch that too some fun to shake it every now and then is nice 

granted didnt cacth this days dev stream i miss anything important?

honestly since POE was announced iv found most devstreams have gotten a bit stale.

seems that every dev stream after the next open world is announced up until its release is "were going to show you the same thing you've seen already but this time we fixed stuff"

the problem is that with open worlds being the main focus lately the game has a big content drought, then a huge content bomb, then 4 months later its another content drought until the next bomb.

I dont have any problems with that in terms of the game, but for the dev streams it really sucks. Whats even worse is that because there's such a big drought of content the devs show off so much of the upcoming open world that so little of it is a surprise when it actually drops. I mean i bet we have already seen 50+% of the open world, and we have seen them show off most of the new features.

I think I get enough info about what they are working on / have worked on / what they will start working on next and find the dev streams more fun and enjoyable to watch than Prime Time... but I might be biased since I'm not into anime so I don't get the jokes or references they do on Prime Time so I often mute the stream 😄

Edited by Leyvonne

Honestly today's stream felt like a stall for more time, and the prior stream didn't cover anything we didn't already know from prior streams or even from as far back as the tennocon announcement.

And it seems that some think that fortuna might be as early as next month but if half of what Steve muttered I feel we won't see much til late November now. 

Eh their not bad. I just wish the devs would address the whole chroma issue in more detail. The only thing we got was some twitter/facebook post saying they don't have any plans to rework chroma. Although they are aware of the fanbases desire for a chroma rework. But the main problem is that DE has a bad reputation for forgetting about frames for like a couple years after the frames spotlight...

I feel like I've seen way too much of Fortuna, I'm now avoiding watching devstreams so I don't spoil too much of the exploration 😞

I'd like to see more Q&A, more discussion of features and designs. Going thru the stuff that Steve shows tantalizing hints of in his twitter.

Edited by pook-pook

4 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

this one was extremly disappointing. So much focus on that K-Drive poop and nothing about Melee 3.0, nothing AT ALL about Garuda and only about 30 seconds of Kitguns....get more focused please

I understand Garuda because they prob dont have anything in a completed state yet, but they definetely could have gone more into Kitguns.

Edited by Madway7

6 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

I understand Garuda because they prob dont have anything in a completed state yet, but they definetely could have gone more into Kitguns.

Considering that they are hoping to release Fortuna in the update after this next mainline, they should have a lot of Garuda in a completed state. If not then its really bad. I'm not interested in another Khora release.

I just think they shouldn't host a Devstream if they don't have anything interesting to show, or maybe delay it by a week. Not a lot of questions were answered and the ones that were answered was something that was addressed previously, everyone who follows the streams knows that Railjack isn't coming with fortuna, you addressed it before. 

The best thing was that Steve addressed the content drought issue which is nice.

23 minutes ago, Midrib said:

Considering that they are hoping to release Fortuna in the update after this next mainline, they should have a lot of Garuda in a completed state. If not then its really bad. I'm not interested in another Khora release.

I just think they shouldn't host a Devstream if they don't have anything interesting to show, or maybe delay it by a week. Not a lot of questions were answered and the ones that were answered was something that was addressed previously, everyone who follows the streams knows that Railjack isn't coming with fortuna, you addressed it before. 

The best thing was that Steve addressed the content drought issue which is nice.

I agree with you. Nothing was worth watching in the latest stream. They say they want to experience stuff for ourselves and find out stuff as we play, but every single devstream after tennocon has featured fortuna in some way, it’s like they’re being defensive and pushing the idea that “hey look, we’re working on stuff, we swear” I know that’s might be because it’s pretty much the focus of the team, but you can’t make it the focus of the game even when it’s not out yet 

Same thing with their other topics, it’s like they just wanna pass the time. From tennogen, to showing us Jupiter again, to kitguns being the ‘main’ focus of the stream and Reb not even using it, when she did it was unmodded, to concept art (which is a lazy way to pass the time). 

They didn’t even mention a Chroma Rework. In fact they were avoiding it, because there is no way they didn’t see all those comments and questions asking about it.   

Also I sure hope there is more to do in Fortuna than bounties and hunting/fishing/mining.... cos otherwise it’s gonna be dead like the plains within a few weeks. I want some actual new content, not just a repeat in a different setting.

Edited by (XB1)II Ronja II

Devstream 116 made me feel cheated. They changed their plans last minute and pretended it wasn't, and it showed, and it felt.

117 wasn't perfect - they didn't make their topic of discussion today, either - but at least they were honest about what they were doing from the start, and for that I thank them.

117 also had some really juicy details, like the Arch-gunplay on the ground, an exploration of the Corpus Gas City in its near-final form and K-drive stuff we didn't know already.

54 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

For a long time to watch the hunt for the animal - personally I was not interested.
I do not care at all about this part in Fortune. I do not know why they introduced it, it's a shooter, not a simulator of Greenpeace.

Variety, not everyone thinks the same as you, there are players that will enjoy the animal hunt, I know I will have my fun with it. If you just care about shooting stuff then just go shoot stuff, let the rest of us have fun doing something different okay?