Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Talk: Content Drought - What DE can learn from this

MartianGHunter

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

There's people in this very topic claiming otherwise.

They are pointing out that arbitrarily calling things that DE has to spend resources on to release "not content" is bloody stupid.

How are new weapons not content? How are new frames not content? As @Gamma745 points out, there's been tons of reworks and changes done, is that not content or at least an excuse to not have "content" out faster?

Insipid youtuber fan brigades aren't going to make DE go faster. The same threads over, and over again. 

10 minutes ago, Sean said:

Very true, they all serve literally no purpose.

Maybe the first one, when the video first came out. But they didn't stop with that thread. Same basic message in the OP. Literally nothing actionable. Usually accompanied by some completely unsupported claim that the game is dying, "most" of the players have left, so on and so forth. These aren't to have a conversation, it's a mob rally.

The problem isn't a content drought. It's that the existing content does not actually satisfy you. So you want more and more content items and new mission types and harder challenges because you're trying to satisfy yourselves with more stuff. But it will never satisfy you. The only way to solve the root of the problem (existing content doesn't satisfy) is for DE to design content with replayability in mind and not just based on grind. If you feel like Warframe's existing content isn't enough, then you need to stop asking for more content items. That'll never solve your problem. Ask for new content that is based on something other than grind. Ask for content that is tailor-made for long-term gameplay experiences. Ask for something that's more immersive and engaging.

If that's not to your liking, then start playing games other than Warframe. Only come back to Warframe for its big yearly updates and quests. But what you guys keep asking for will never actually satisfy you.

il y a 24 minutes, --Laughing-Soul-- a dit :

All of you saying there isnt a drought need to stop and remember that the devs them selves said there is one on stream

Not saying there wasn't any, just that people should stop whining about it and realise that good things take time and that if they don't have anything else to do, then they should just play another game while they wait for Fortuna. 

It's like those powercreep addicts asking for "endgame" that they'll just cheese anyway so they can ask for more "endgame" end so on. Remember when Sorties came out? Supposed to be a challenge. Nowadays people just Maim/Spin2win/etc. through them within minutes and complain about the reward for "such a hard mission". Same with ESO. Yet DE still added stuff that can be pretty challenging. It's just that those people don't care because it doesn't fit their own definition of "endgame" and "challenge". 

Here, people ignore stuff like the many reworks, rebalances, tweaks and additions to the game because they feel like it's not enough, even tho DE is working on the biggest bunch of content they ever had to make for one update. They see the facts, but they don't accept the reasons. That's why we got so many of these threads beating the squeleton of the dead horse that is "content drought". 

As you said, DE  admitted that there was indeed less content than usual. Not that there was nothing, but less. "Content drought" is just a highly over-dramatic nickname for the actual situation. Still, even if they did admit it, we see those threads more than daily, so this argument can work both ways. 

The best solution woud be to just stop beating the ashes of the dead horse (poor bones, got beaten to dust already) and look towards the future. Ok that sounds cliché, but still. We got the Mainline coming, Fortuna Soon tm, so people should stop complaining about that. This way, people will stop arguing with them. Simple. I'm not saying they don't have the right to say so, but we already know everything there is to know about it, so there isn't any point in talking about it even more. And besides, I still haven't seen any thread stating the opposite (the OP I mean), so those "Content drought" threads are pretty much the reason why this horses is in such a bad sha- it's gone. The wind took away the ashes...

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

in not one of these content drought threads has anyone pointed specifically to a time when Warframe was getting more content than we do now. Besides Tenno reinforcements, i remember waiting long periods of time just for a 2.0 or something, definitely not an entire system like we are getting now. There was a time when they filled in placeholders too. The only thing really lacking are the special events we used to get. 

2014:

- Zephyr + new Interception gamemode and Earth remaster (iirc).

- Hydroid + Melee 2.0.

- Mirage + introduction of the quest system.

- Limbo + Archwing introduction.

- Mesa + Mutalist subfaction and Infested ship tileset.

That's not mentioning all the changes, events and reinforcements. 

The difference between 2014 and 2018 is very noticeable. 

Edited by DeMonkey

6 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

2014:

- Hydroid + Melee 3.0.

I don't think 2014 got a massive open world....

58 minutes ago, Sean said:

There's people in this very topic claiming otherwise.

I am simply pointing out that in the last year there has been more than one piece of content (no matter how narrowly defined content is) added to Warframe.  Or does 'once a year' mean something else too?

Might help if posters would start adding qualifiers to this like : there has not been much new game play content in 2018 and keeping the hyperbole out of these statements.  Then I might start agreeing a little more.

18 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

2014:

- Hydroid + Melee 3.0.

Melee 3.0 you mean 2.0? 3.0 is upcoming.

Also I've been playing since like a day before rathuum which was a 2016 event and I know we've had an earth re-master since then.

Though I do believe we've had multiple, so there may have been a 2014 one too.

Edited by (PS4)purpleskullgamin

17 minutes ago, (PS4)randy_lahey__-- said:

I don't think 2014 got a massive open world....

Didn't say it did.

Just pointing out that the level of content between the two years is noticeably different, with 2014 also having it spread out across the whole period instead of in a single update.

@(PS4)purpleskullgamin good point. Meant 2.0.

Edited by DeMonkey

8 hours ago, Sannidor said:

-Snip-

I haven't tried Zephyr in years, but I do see more ever since she's not only used for her Turbulance. 

Atlas is way better than he ever was. He can build up to 1500 bonus armor, his Petrify is instant and total CC, he can heal himself via rubbles and he can heal the Rumblers as well as petrify enemies while casting his 4. Sure, his 2 still suck and rubbles can be visualy meh for some people, but that's about it in terms of negative. I play him quite a bit nowadays as I like Tanky Support/CC frames rather than just boring DPS/instakill AOE glass cannons, etc. 

Saryn wasn't made for camping (in a game about space ninjas, nothing should) and her rework added scaling damage (which is OP) that you have to manage in order to be usefull, which means it requires a minimum of skill and knowledge of the frame to make good us of it. All her abilities are usefull, so I really don't see the problem with her kit except that she's too strong for most content if not all.

Nezha is now extremely good. His 1 is more energy-efficient, his 2 can deal sinificant damage as well as act as a support ability with Health/Energy orbs, his 3 now allows him to trigger Arcanes while having a 90% DR that isn't affeced by Duration (like Gara's) and knockdowns enemies when it breaks so you can recast it safely and his 4 is still basic yet effective CC that can turn into a good DPS/Support ability with the synergy it has with the Chakram. 

I don't have Khora, and I know most people don't like her kit that much, but she still have effective CC, heal and Damage. Just because you need a Riven to one shot a lvl 150 bombard doesn't mean she's trash without any. 

The Rev is, indeed, one of the frames I dislike the most. His kit isn't very effective nor suited for team play, and his ult is just too strong to be fun. 

The weapon rebalance and Beam weapon rework were beneficial to every weapon. Your "beloved Amprex" is arguably stronger than ever, while my Flux Rifle is finaly able to be usefull past Saturn. Hel, even my brother started using his Quanta Vandal (he never liked any Beam weapon except the style of the Phage) and he's 5 time more effective with 5-6 mods than I am with my fully modded Flux Rifle. Everything got buffed overall, except maybe one or two, so I'm not sure if your statement is really objective and not just a rant about the effectiveness of your Amprex, which is, I repeat, arguably stronger now. 

I am so infuriated that I just need to post this on the forums even AFTER I've seen 6 YouTube videos, read over 25 forum posts, and heard the devs admit and apologize for the drought. I'm JuSt sO ANgrY. (Seriously though people please stop doing this, especially life of rio, like how many 10 minute long *@##$ing videos can you make.)

Making a post like this, even to make the point you are trying to make, does not help. Even with you making it obvious you are maki g fun of the people making these posts, all you are doi g it giving them more attention. 

You're not gonna stop them by laughing at them/trolling. Even if you're just joking or trying to tell people to stop, you're basicaly making the same kind of thread that you want to stop. 

You can't stop an ice cube from melting by putting another one on top of it. There will still be ice melting, but there will also be more. 

Ok I should stop with those weird metaphores, the last one I made was about bacon bits and slices. I should go to bed...

14 minutes ago, (PS4)randy_lahey__-- said:

I am so infuriated that I just need to post this on the forums even AFTER I've seen 6 YouTube videos, read over 25 forum posts, and heard the devs admit and apologize for the drought. I'm JuSt sO ANgrY. (Seriously though people please stop doing this, especially life of rio, like how many 10 minute long *@##$ing videos can you make.)

Not sure if you're trying to be funny or serious.

On that note, you forgot about cross-play hurrdurr'ing either, your thread stands as a pillar of why PC and consoles shouldn't mix.

Edited by Joe_Barbarian

26 minutes ago, Saturmorn_Carvilli said:

I am simply pointing out that in the last year there has been more than one piece of content (no matter how narrowly defined content is) added to Warframe.  Or does 'once a year' mean something else too?

Might help if posters would start adding qualifiers to this like : there has not been much new game play content in 2018 and keeping the hyperbole out of these statements.  Then I might start agreeing a little more.

Never said specifically of you.

As for qualifiers you're listing, that is the very definition of game content (unless you feel that just a shiny skin or a bugfix is equal to content).

Content in the past has been spread throughout the year, 2018 is the worst in terms of that. Sure, Fortuna is taking their attention, but that doesn't change that very little content has been released throughout the last year. Even the actual new warframes released this year have been pretty meh, one being a strange matchup of several themes (both on a gameplay and a thematic standpoint) while the other being similar combination of two themes that could have stood out on their own.

Hyperbole though? Really? People at this point are calling it what even DE is referring to it as.

If people were saying "DE HASN'T DONE ANYTHING IN THE LAST YEAR! ARGH!!1!", then I'd agree with you on that, but restating what the devs have said is only stating the facts.

(side note as I know tone can be lost via text, this isn't meant to be "hostile", just purely what it looks like to me)

Edited by Sean