Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operators suits need to be reverted.

Madatom

On 2018-10-14 at 3:29 PM, (PS4)Kamranos said:

This is why I keep my Primed hood up. I was never a fan of the face options for the Operator and all the bugs would never been seen.

You saying that has made me think... Could this be an issue across all hoods when closed versus when opened?
Just that we're seeing it now because the Umbra Hood allows you to see part of the face still.

Interesting.

It would be helpful if we knew the extent of the bug that was mentioned. I don't know if the bug was (in addition with clipping) with the new textures or meshes/etc. I'm not intending to cause outrage, but I am irritated that they made this big of a change to pre-existing cosmetics. Yes, complaining about it is proactive at best and kneejerk at worst, but ideally with enough people making their objections known immediately, it's something DE can take into consideration while they're doing changes on it. Cosmetic feedback is a bit different than a warframe or weapon in this way imo. I'm a bit afraid once it's deemed satisfactory by DE it won't be touched ever again, even if a lot of people are unhappy with it

As mentioned in Hotfix 23.10.2, the earliest ETA on fixes for Operator cosmetic issues were designated for today, but it's taking longer than expected. The team has two plans in place to get your Operator fashion frame back into shape as quickly as possible: a revert and a more careful re-release.. This revert itself is also very involved due to the large quantity of content that was changed, so this will take a bit more time. Worry not, they’re dedicated to restore and elevate Operator Fashion Frame to its glory - we thank you for your patience! A more careful re-release that better respects seams and existing looks will come!

Quoted from the hotfix 23.10.3 thread

Sounds like things are going to be alright! I'm relieved.

i was excited for these changes when i saw them announced, but uhhh, yeah, they actually broke literally everything? the only combination of clothing that fits together anymore is stuff from its own set

the koppra hood's always been my favorite but now not only is it completely warped (and has no energy glow or shows a sigil anymore?), the new suits clip through it (and/or any hood you put on actually.)

tumblr_pgnwo5CCKb1rhzseio3_500.png

tumblr_pgnwo5CCKb1rhzseio2_500.png

also what the heck is going on with the vahd cuirass to begin with? half the pieces are just completely unattached to anything

this is a pretty ironic bug to be honest... i don't want to sound callous but it's like there was a whole step in development that just got skipped

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Chimera: Hotfix 23.10.3

As mentioned in Hotfix 23.10.2, the earliest ETA on fixes for Operator cosmetic issues were designated for today, but it's taking longer than expected. The team has two plans in place to get your Operator fashion frame back into shape as quickly as possible: a revert and a more careful re-release.. This revert itself is also very involved due to the large quantity of content that was changed, so this will take a bit more time. Worry not, they’re dedicated to restore and elevate Operator Fashion Frame to its glory - we thank you for your patience! A more careful re-release that better respects seams and existing looks will come!

They are working on it. Yay! 😅

Edited by MenstrualDeranged

Problem

As many of you are aware, operator suits received a cosmetic change. The neck area on some of the hoods have been moved to the chest part. This has messed with a lot of people's fashion frame and their ability to mix and match. On most of the suits this is no big deal, as they didn't have much of a neck part to begin with, but it's very noticeable on the Varida Suit. The new Varida Hood looks like it's awkwardly floating around the operators neck with the bottom part cut off. Although the hoods look worse, this opened up new combinations of cosmetics and some of the body suits actually look quite nice with the neck part on them (Varida being one of them).

Solution

I suggest we meet in the middle. I think we can all agree that more combinations of cosmetics is a good thing, as long as it's not too difficult to implement. I suggest we make a new transference suit piece: the Neck piece. It would include the neck and shoulder parts that were cut from the hoods recently.

Pros:

• More possible combinations of cosmetics
  • The area's have already been cut out by moving them from hood to body
  • Satisfy the people that liked the old looks and people that have grown to like the new looks

Cons:

• May prove difficult to implement
  • It would be another part to spend plat on
  • Cosmetic developers would have a new part to take into account when creating new suits

Alternative Solution

If making a new suit part proves too difficult to implement, then I suggest a toggle option. The toggle would switch between the neck part being attached to the hood, to being attached to the body. This would allow people to have both the old and the new looks. This solution is a little more limiting than the first solution, but their wouldn't be an additional part to have to work around when designing new operator cosmetics.

If you have any other problems or have a better idea, then share it!

Edited by Penny_Face

I have a "front but" now. It almost looks like I'm 5 months pregnant. This is terrible.

https://imgur.com/oO4T2dI

So then I take off the waist and... I've got floaty bits dangling above my crotch. This is also terrible.

https://imgur.com/Pjn81jN

Ugh, I could almost live with the left pauldron being sunk into me in a weird way but this is too much.

Edited by tinwhisker

I agree with this post. revert back to the old ways, that NO ONE had problems with.. why would we want our fashion changed so drastically for no reason. if DE wants new looks for operator, just ADD new variants, do not change the ones we all had and enjoyed.

we all would like more options with operator fashion, MORE, not different

Hello, to anyone reading this.
I know this is probably already going to happen, but I think this idea to solve the problems people have with the new operator cosmetic changes could work pretty easily.

Add a toggle for the old and new styles, like how hair has the Hair Part option. As far as I can tell, everyone wins this way; The devs shouldn't get backlash, and both sides of the playerbase get what they want. Plus we get more freedom with operator outfits.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by JagoDeks6
Made the beginning more obviously about what I was talking about.

3 minutes ago, JagoDeks6 said:

I know this is probably already going to happen

I mean, DE has said MANY times that they are working on fixing their mistake with it. A toggle option is not going to happen. 

As mentioned in Hotfix 23.10.2, the earliest ETA on fixes for Operator cosmetic issues were designated for today, but it's taking longer than expected. The team has two plans in place to get your Operator fashion frame back into shape as quickly as possible: a revert and a more careful re-release.. This revert itself is also very involved due to the large quantity of content that was changed, so this will take a bit more time. Worry not, they’re dedicated to restore and elevate Operator Fashion Frame to its glory - we thank you for your patience! A more careful re-release that better respects seams and existing looks will come!
Source: 

I think the big problem right now is that nobody seem to know exactly how they want it to work. The different sets of clothes clearly wasn't designed to be split up and mixed in a system like this to begin with, and that is the big problem right now. Even if the system for customization is there, it's very hard to make it work well with most of the current sets. How it used to be was full of clipping issues during animation and some not very elegant workarounds, which was almost just as limiting as it is now but in a different way. The time they spend on trying to make this work without people getting mad is probably better spent on just redesigning the clothes all together to fit the system and then make sure to follow the standards for future sets. 

How the different categories and individual clothes are named is a clear indication on how things don't match up to begin with. Here's an example to make it a bit more clear. Don't hate on the fashion, as I was just trying to piece together something clear with what I own 😛 And lets pretend that there is no missing belt on the Vahd cuirass.

vKMIFUP.jpg

I started playing Warframe this summer, so I'm not sure how things have evolved over time. But is it correct to assume that the armors were added with PoE? I assume this because it seems that the clothes follow one standard, and the armors a different. As the categories are still currently named, is how the clothes used to be split up, in suits, leggings, sleeves, waist, and hood. The armors on the other hand had the cuirass merged with a waist piece, and the greaves were merged with a whole lower body piece from the waist down to toes. This is a COMPLETELY different standard, and just breaks the customization system. 

Now what they did in the Chimera update is what I can see primarily 2 things. First they have tried to adjust the cloth sets to fit the armors standard instead of the actual categories, as in a complete lower body piece with leggings merged with pants, while the "bodysuit" category now is  just a torso. I honestly have no idea how they were thinking with the pieces from "hoods" that were applied to the torso piece, so I'll just assume that this was some testing/WIP that wasn't supposed to ship with the patch at all.

The second thing they changed was to not render the whole base bodysuit underneath all added clothes/armors. This is great because it prevents clipping issues during animations, and I believe this was also the reason to why they wanted to merge complete lower body pieces of the clothes, in order to completely cover the lower body while also moving over to the standard of armors.

The thought was good, and I understand why they would do this, BUT obviously it limits customization possibilities and people got mad. 

So how do we want it?

Personally I think they should just kind of do it the other way around, adjust the armor pieces to the clothes standards. Let the torso and upper pants be one single piece again (bodysuit) down to just above the knees. Make "leggings" what they used to be and have them always reaching just above the knees to cover the animation-sensitive knee area, overlapping the end of the pants. Greaves of armor doesn't have to reach all the way up to the waist, keep them at thigh level and let the "waistband" piece cover the rest, as intended. Keep the "bodysuit" pieces slick and simple on the waist area, and put belts, skirts, and other hanging pieces from armors or whatever in the "waistband" category where they should be, which would make it all much more modular with different sets. Make the base bodysuit have simple "leggings" as well to cover the seam to the pants when nothing else is equipped in that slot.

Of course keep the base bodysuit split up accordingly and be invisible in the slots that are equipped to avoid the old nasty clipping.

Also, if a "hood"-piece consist of both a scarf and a helmet for example, and the "opened hood" option doesn't get rid of the helmet completely, please make the scarf available as a separate piece as well, which I know is super easy. I've grown to love the scarf on the Vahd armor this past weakend, and can honestly not understand how this was not a thing earlier. Scarves is obviously the big fashion right now in WF, and most of us don't like to cover our operators heads with helmets, especially with all the fancy diadems that are available and upcoming hairstyles 😉

And finally maybe rename some of the categories to something more logical that defines the area rather than a specific cloth. Hood to head, leggings to legs, for example. 

Here's a picture for TLDR and to maybe make my points more clear. Please continue with more thoughts and ideas to inspire the team!

PCdnUuX.jpg

Edited by SirTobe

KnJ9zsR.jpg
For some reason the new patch completely broke operator fashion as I've presented in the image. Hood part (which covers chest) is now glued to torso part (which I don't own) so it can't be seen, the waist section is missing from the torso part ( can be seen in the image on the right ), my guess is that it's the part of the legs now... the "new" scarf looking thing is glued to the old torso part .. I dunno it kinda looks terrible.. I hope that this is the bug and it will be reverted ... I really liked my Giger's Astronaut suit.... :S I need those dangling things from my space hoodie 😞

p.s. I'm kinda late to the party, maybe someone already reported it... but I'm posting this just to be on the safe side.... cheers !

I agree with pretty much everyone here Tenno Fashion wasn't broken in the first place so Why the Rework, I mean it went from good to completely unacceptable. 

I mean yeah Everyone in the game can Farm for the blueprints out on the plains, but what of the people that Paid out of Pocket for the Outfits (like me)?  Seriously, don't bite the hand that feeds you guys.

Edited by Jynx41174