Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

8 minutes ago, -skimmer- said:

....its actually straight up worse. She lacks any mobility in that form, unlike revenant who can reave.

That said, I am more miffed that she uses those cool arm blades for exactly one ability...or rather, half of one.

She slashes with them with her 1, and the blades are used for her 4. The pole from her 2 also looks like a blade but it was hard to tell if she shoots it out at the enemy or it just pops up from the ground.

1 minute ago, seprent said:

i thought about her 1 but her 1 gives her shield then you need to get rid of the orb to cast it again 

i got the click idea from hydroid since he can click on people to pull them into his puddle for alittle energy cost so for my idea she would throw a knife spear at them and them pull her self and them and smash in the middle using both sides of the momentum for max blending 

A MK Scorpion type of pull, that would be cool

5 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

She slashes with them with her 1, and the blades are used for her 4. The pole from her 2 also looks like a blade but it was hard to tell if she shoots it out at the enemy or it just pops up from the ground.

No, there is only the one instance where she jumps at an enemy and slices them in half...at which point the ability turns into throw a ball.

For the other abilities she just summons new blades and at no point she uses the ones she already has on her arms. She just has huge blades on her fore arms and she does nothing with them. If her theme was only about blade summoning, she doesnt even need need to keep those there.

Edited by -skimmer-

I dunnom, the base concept and feel of Nidus was already there... nowhere near as off base as Garuda looks right now.

...also, what happened to Ember deluxe? The original concept was much better then what we got!

Edited by WarBaby2

12 minutes ago, WarBaby2 said:

I dunnom, the base concept and feel of Nidus was already there... nowhere near as off base as Garuda looks right now.

...also, what happened to Ember deluxe? The original concept was much better then what we got!

Her Deluxe do look like crap compare to the Concept. IDK why she got a Chicken look when she's more of a Phoenix.

I think her 4th should be something like Mesa's 4th with it be a toggle ability and firing blood spikes when you press down the fire button. She should have some movement as well as custom fire animations like mesa has when she fires her Peacemaker. Essentially making her feel like Hela from Thor Ragnarok

Or even turn it into an Exalted Weapon like a Warfan like the Gunsen but with her claws

30 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

Also in Devstream 84, His 4th required 4 Mutation Stacks while in the real Game, it requires 3.

Thats just minor touch, were talking about core mechanics. garuda mechanic look like a copy from some single player of 1990, and no for a fast passe MMORPG where we need to compete with others killing machines frames.

right now there is no simple content that I would like to try this new character, that no longer have one that does better.
I know it's about balance, but this is already below the average before release.
the demonstration of this garuda was very poor to my liking, and the first impression is the one that wins, an impression that depends on buying a character package for 500pt or farm it and get it for free without leaving the effect of support for the game.
A good character demonstrated is a merchandise well shown, DE does not know how to sell his merchandise. DE promotes it as garbage and then he puts perfume on it over time when the damage is done.

my last mistake was revenant. I wont make the same mistake. I will keep my plat for over average merchandise. Platinum is money, and money must be treated with respect. And the time to buy to buy is over in my case. Although the frame is easy to farmear I buy it, But let's go for GOD this is already becoming a pity, since I bought khora and revenat I have not used it again, that means you wasted my real money. And even if it's a game, what goes on behind the screen is reality.

Edited by xcenic

I think her 4th should be something like Mesa's 4th with it be a toggle ability and firing blood spikes when you press down the fire button. She should have some movement as well as custom fire animations like mesa has when she fires her Peacemaker. Essentially making her feel like Hela from Thor Ragnarok

Or even turn it into an Exalted Weapon like a Warfan like the Gunsen but with her claws

1 minute ago, xcenic said:

DE does not know how to sell his merchandise. He promotes it as garbage and then he puts perfume on it over time when the damage is done.

After 3 of the Frames that was Released, it's more like they buff it and leave it. Not really buff it over and over.

3 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

After 3 of the Frames that was Released, it's more like they buff it and leave it. Not really buff it over and over.

The legend says that the revenant needs a few more touches to get out of the redundancy room. Hopefully they will not have to wait for the same time as Sarym or Nezha.

Garuda's passive is not worth building the Frame around.

Alright so her passive gives you up to 200% more Damage the lower your current health points are.

Now my thoughs about this and how her kit seems to shake out as shown:

A little Detour:

Suppose you take your resident homie Inaros (or something else, does not matter much) equip some decent weapons and go to town in any mission without even using any abilities. Do you encounter much resistance?

The answer is NO. You can cruise through any Starchart mission with ease including most sortie 3's. The only exceptions are maybe Sortie 3 Augmented Armor Grineer A-Holes or Physical/Elemental Enhancements where you #*!%ed up and brought the wrong Loadout. And even then a good Meleeweapon will pull through most of the time (pray for Melee 3.0).

So my point is:

There is barely any need to bother activating her passive in normal missions. Now where you do kinda want to bother is soloing ESO to 8, Arbitrations where killspeed matters (eg Survival, Defense, Infested Salvage) or long endless missions that you play because its fun for you.

Buuuut.... surprise surprise:

In those missions you definitely DO NOT want to walk around slowly at 50% or lower HP with a dinky Volt Shield as your only Defense praying to the almighty RNGesus that Enemies will be gentle with your sweet little ass. There is a reason you never see a Volt with his Riot Shield. It is slow and unreliable. And yes she seems to have a fair bit of armor but armor falls off preeeetty fast when you have no HP to back it up.

Now her kit does not do much to help her out seeing that her 2 is basically a worse Life Strike that heals you slower and roots you in one place letting enemies riddle you with sweet sweet bullets if they catch you from the sides or from behind.

And her 3... an entire ability that is basically Hunters Adrenaline/Rage and nothing else.

So does she have a 4 that ties it all together encouraging her to build stacks of some kind by loosing and regaining health rapidly and unleashing this resource in the form of a stupidly gory and satisfying murderfest impaling and slicing enemies you aim at and turning them into MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOODGOD???

No... its a slow ass moving Revenant 4 that does a little explodythingie when it runs out.

:'-/

My Ideas to fix this:

Passive:

Change it so it keeps its damagebuff for a certain amount of time after your Health goes back up affected by Duration Mods AND give it something else like a lot of Movement- or Parkourspeed Bonus because that is always useful and desirable no matter the mission.

1:

The Shield should either be omnidirectional (or maybe an "Ironskin" that only takes damage when your health is at 1) OR you should be able to accumulate more Orbs at once and when you would die you instead consume one of the Orbs and gain health back depending on how much damage was in it.

2:

Either it affects more than 1 enemie propagating like Frost's Icewave so you are not rooted at 1 spot and have to stand next to a frigging enemie to cast it when you are at low health OR make her grab a Dude and skewer him on her claws so the Bloodsupply comes with her (See Mad Max: Fury Road - even degenerate Mutants know that you do not want to stand in one spot while killing fools).

3:

Well give it something else like maybe put the Movement- Parkourspeed here OR let it add 1 Bloodorb to your stack. Just... something.

4:Now the much dreaded Danse Macabre Mutant...

First: please do not let this ability lock you into only being able to move slowly removing player agency.

If you buy into the Idea of Multiple Bloodorbstacking let this skill unleash them where you aim 1 by one or all at once if you hold the button

OR

make it like Nekros Desecrate where upon activation(long Buttonpress) sliced up Bodies near you get turned into Spikes that Orbit you dealing low damage and staggering and slashing enemies. Damage is increased the higher the Bladecount. You can release them where you aim and they will impale enemies with infinite enemie-punchthrough and turn them into 2's.

Congratulations you got through my wall of text. 🙂

Edited by Zharun

well il join the sugestion bandwagon and go with this , since you guys like the idea of sacrificing "blood" for power , why not make garuda a warframe that has no energy and uses blood to fuel her abilitys maybe give her a bigger hp pool like nidus , and have her use X% of health for each cast , and her forth can be a team buff .

the idea of not naming her 4th blood temple and sacrificing blood for a team buff excites me more then having a meat shreder , 1-3 look fine IMO

you know something along the lineseach allied warframe can sacrifice X amount of hp 25-50% for x dmg buff

Hello, I'd like to toss in my two cents and I thank you for your time.

First I'd like to ask what is Garuda's theme? From when she was first introduced she was a cold and detached killer a stark contrast to Valkyr who is more rip and tear anger I.E. Doom Guy, but I feel after seeing her abilities that the line that was supposed to separate them was blurred and now their appearance is the only way to tell them apart.

I do find parts of her kit interesting but things like her pounce, self-harm, and the blender are...jarring to say the least. I like most of you have an idea to give another take on her abilities and I'd really like to get your opinions on the mater, so let us begin.

Passive: Blood Well/Empowered Blood

Blood Well: A blood orb that gains blood from damage/kills from Scarlet Flash and Red Queen.

Empowered Blood: Spend blood to strengthen or gain bonuses from abilities.

1st: Scarlet Flash/Crimson Grasp

Scarlet Flash: dash akin to a Figure skater followed by a swift slash of her claw ending in a dancer's pose. This move will function as her primary resource gather and work similar to Landslide to assist in blood gathering.

Crimson Grasp: By holding this skill she will enter a stance draining blood and leaving her open, release to dash (like a ballroom dancer leaping into the arms of her partner) slashing both claws hitting multiple enemies in a arc equal to the claws range this is then followed up by a larger echo shashes of blood with a short vacuum and a larger arc. This empowered slash will be more powerful and has a chance to rend armor, the more blood you add to it (up to 75% of total blood gathered) but will not gather blood. 

(Dashes will scale with range mods and slashes/echo with power strength).

2nd: Vermilion Blades/Claret Bulwark

Vermilion Blades: Harms self by warping the claws around her body and quickly pull away coating them with cursed blood, at the of cost 50% current health recover energy and add scaling power (50% bonus power to 200%) while slowly draining health unless the ability is canceled or is brought to 2 HP. When canceled bonus power begins to decay at a rapid pace until reactivation. (Will end effects of Sanguin Thirst)

Claret Bulwark: Hold to cast, spend 75% current health and stored blood to create a blood sphere of damage reduction until depletion along with effects of Vermilion Blades. If Vermilion Blades is currently active only 25% of current health will be spent along with the 75% of stored blood to activate. (Will end effects of Sanguin Thirst)

3rd: Cardinal Spear/Sanguin Thirst

Cardinal Spear: Slash an enemy and watch them be impaled by a spear made from their blood to create an AOE heal for yourself and allies.

Sanguin Thirst: Hold to cast, heal 25% of maximum health and gain Life Strike on Scarlet Flash/Crimson Grasp and Red Queen. Blood gathering is disabled and blood stacks begin to drain rapidly until canceled or blood reaches 0. (Will end effects of Vermilion Blades)

4th: Red Queen

Red Queen: Enter a stance similar to TenoCon image and movement is brought to a fast walking speed, an AOE ring of blood is formed and all enemy within are assaulted by slashes from after images of Garuda applying slash status and gathering blood until canceled or energy is 0. Abilities can be cast in this state.

Edited by GaTeZer0
clarification and slight expansion

I think Garuda's first ability is a great start to her kit and no real complaints about it. Her second is an interesting take on support with a unique look that I enjoy the aesthetic. Her third ability seems like it has good synergies and goes with the rest, i just think her fourth could be something that has a more simple elegance to it. 

I just wanted to throw out an idea for her Garuda's ultimate. We don't want a simple exalted weapon since its too similar to valkyr, but I think an in-between of Equinoz's maim and excalibur's exalted slashed would be great for it. 

Her fourth could be like a quick slash in front of her, that pierces through enemies but gives no sign of damage except for maybe a slight stagger? And after aiming the slashes where you want, you could just hold the 4 ability to detonate it. Causing bleed procs and enemies to be diced up on death. Maybe to differentiate from main, its damages stacks with the more enemies hit, so it's not just a quicker alternative to equinox

I think fans would like to see some elegant use of the claws to go with the them

I think the animations could also be smoothed out to reflect that too

Edited by Kwammie

I'll keep it real short. I feel like there's a little pushback on Garuda's fourth ability and I sat down to think about how I'd change it so i'm putting it out there.

What I will be proposing is essentially a marking system like Ash's bladestorm but less DPS oriented and more mass cc oriented. Reason why is I took a long hard look at her kit and the conclusions I came to were :

№1 - If you change nothing about the concept of her passive and her 3 - she's gaining all this energy and has nowhere to use it on but her ult because her 1 is a duration based ability and her 2 which even if you could spam you'd be making a bunch of enemies invulnerable in the process. Now, I do know you can channel energy into her first ability's ball which is good but I still don't feel like it'll be enough of an energy sink. 

№2 - I didn't know if her 1st ability dealt damage or straight up killed the enemy it was cast on. (Actually have a suggestion here: Have it execute the enemy when she's at 200% or 150% to 200% on her passive and deal damage otherwise)

And №3 - She has no abilities that really utilise her big forearm claws, her 1 utilises it more than her 4 because when she's in her current fourth ability, the claws don't even detach off her to do their blendering, they transition to being on her hands

So I got to thinking to how she could spend a lot of energy while maintaining her current cold exterior and I came to the conclusion of a marking system that locks her out of using weapons while in the marking stage. It doesn't need to stack up to 3 marks on enemies like ash but I don't see why it couldn't. It'll essentially consume x energy/mark to put on an enemy and exiting marking stage through recasting or whatever will consume the marks to (Best representation of this is the image below) inflict a debuff that isn't used in the game yet where enemies don't shoot at you but still move freely while not being friendly towards you. This happens because the enemies got their eyes gouged from Garuda's blades or a blood spire like the image below, hell you can make it so she does something like atlas' landslide between the enemies to do it. 

438450014.jpg

And uh, yeah, rounding this off. I just thought it was an idea worth sharing!

10 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The point is even top tier frames can look bad on their first reveal, just like Garuda.

Well well, they have 11 days before release, they actions depend of what people will choose: Buy from market or take it easy and farm her for free.

On 2018-10-11 at 12:36 PM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Reveal hidden contents

Passive: Being a Warframe centered around predatory bird/slaughter, I was thinking on how the more she kills, the deadlier she gets (increased movement speed and critical chance?). The bonus is boosted if enemies are torn apart. You can view this "Bloodlust" gauge like you do with Mutation Stacks, Spores etc.

Abilities: Here's the tricky part. With sooo many Warframes currently ingame, coming up with something unique that doesn't extrapolate to other frame's territory is quite complicated. What I have in mind for her kit is the following:

1. Bird of Prey: Basically, you toggle the ability and mark enemies with a (larger) reticle similar to Ash's. An enemy that receives this mark will become Garuda's prey. Killing your prey will contribute to her Bloodlust passive (in an enhanced form) and she will gain energy if dispatched with firearms, or health if killed with melee attacks. Allies also benefit from this skill (to give her some teamwork capabilities)

2. Raptor's Strike: Garuda uses the talons on her forearms to eviscerate her opponents. Tap causes her to deliver two quick slices in an X shape; hold will instead cause her to swoop to a targeted enemy and strike, inflicting damage and a bleed proc. Initiates a Finisher against enemies marked by Bird of Prey, energy is refunded if the prey is killed. Damage scales with melee mods. Should have high critical stats and damage, but low status.

3. Hawk's Vision: A perception-based ability that enhances Garuda's vision. Allowing her to see potential prey through walls and bestowing punch-through on all of her firearms. Against unalerted enemies, aside from revealing them through walls, it will also show enemy pathways. Allowing Garuda to predict where her enemy will be, to maximize her killing potential while remaining unseen.

4. Apex Predator: A self buff ability in which Garuda manifests her sanguine and cunning behaviour to its full extent. Apex Predator increases damage, speed, acrobatics, critical stats, power efficiency, increases knockdown and stagger recovery speeds. Slaughtering enemies in this enhanced state will cause them to drop Predatory Marks. These marks can be picked up by allies to grant them increased critical damage. However, the inability to obtain kills within a certain time period will cancel Apex Predator and put it on cooldown (very short, like ten seconds). I envision this skill to turn her into the ultimate predator: deadly, fast, relentless, merciless. Failure to withhold those traits, leads to a premature cancel of the ability. 

This ability takes too much from Revenant's Danse Macabre. Let her summon the blades all around her (granting her some damage reduction) , enemies that approach her receive Slash procs and allow her to aim and send the blades hurling towards enemies. Blades should have punch-through.

This is exactly what I was thinking, I think that we should also be able to use other weapons while this is active, also have it deal extra damage to enemies with a slash proc active. 

Copypaste of a comment on YT by David Tarnawski (me) on this vid: 

I have a kind of idea for Garuda's ult that could match her theme. The one thing missing from her kit, which might be pretty important for a frame who wants to control the amount of damage she takes, is crowd control. Her theme is also blood and gore, something that goes kind of underutilized imo. So my idea for her ult is a sort of blood vortex: basically, Garuda would cast this on an enemy, inflicting a slash proc and causing a small blood vortex to form around the enemy. This would last the entire duration, even if the enemy dies (it would merely be "dropped" whereever they died). This blood vortex will deal damage to, and slow/debuff, any enemies that pass through it.

While this may seem lackluster, the secret sauce would be that any enemies that are damaged within the vortex (even by the vortex itself) will increase the vortex's range and DPS. As well as that, if allies, or Garuda herself are damaged within the vortex, any health they lost will contribute to its damage. This would, of course, synergize well with her health sacrificing ability, and her lunge could be used on the enemy carrying the vortex to give it a sudden boost of blood (maybe the vortex receives more if she gores an enemy with that ability instead of getting a weapon kill?). For added fun, corpses/body parts could be sucked up by the vortex to become projectiles that deal extra damage, and maybe proc Impact for added crowd control (possibly an augment?).

TL;DR: Imagine a hybrid of Snow Globe and Maim that is cast onto an enemy, and scales with damage and range as enemies are damaged within its radius as opposed to being killed. Visually blood themed, of course.