Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Feedback and Discussion

(PSN)LoisGordils

I like the idea of her synergy between her first three abilities and the style.  I’ll reserve my judgement on them until I get to play.   My only concern is feeling like I’m juggling between them constantly and my enjoyment suffering as a result.  That’s how I feel about harrow.  His kit is awesome, but I’m always making sure one thing is built up, still running, maxed, or what not.  Harrow, if played for his whole kit has A LOT going on.  So, I don’t break him out that often as a result.  That’s my potential concern with Garuda.

Also her ultimate just looks boring and like every other “kaboom look everything is dead” abilities that require no input I won’t use it.  Revenant is another example.  In fact I only use revenants ultimate just to clear out minions that are nearby and close to death.  Her ultimate should be something interactive. Like being able to tear apart an impales enemy and throw his bones splinters in the face of enemies blinding, damaging, coveringbthem in gore and making them more susceptible to ____ damage as a result.  That’s compelling, and slightly grotesque, to me. Ultimates should have an immediate effect and then a long term one as well.  Just blowing up the map kind of sucks.  Moving around slowly to blow up the map sucks more

My take on her abilites ar as follows cause i dont feel she uses the blades on her arms as much as she could, just summons more.

1. Change the shield to what op suggested above, but keep the gain in its power the more hits it takes, then fires them in the direction being looked at like a shotgun of blades.

2. Im supper iffy on this one. Its got huge utility. Its looks however range from "nehza learning to nehza" to "trying to use a tampon gone horribly, horribly wrong." My suggestion would be to take the bomb that 1 had for its shield and make it so on contact with an enemy or surface it pulls enemies in a base 5 meter range to the center and impales those in a 2 meter radius. Drain would be slightly nerfed and enemies would have less to drain from the sudden penetration. The drain could also give energy but idk.

3. While it does seem useful, which it will at low levels, it will be utterly useless at higher levels as enemies will not only melt your shields, but also your health, faster then this ability will. It will also be your own death sentence chunking your health with enemies that heaving hitting, your just helping them dig your grave. That and you only do it to yourself, not any one else around you when you do that flashy spin. How about you make it an ability with reactivatible combos where she mutilates herself, and enemies around her not only spinning around but throwing blades as well? The more enemies she hits, the less she hurts herself.

4. I honestly could not. Think of anything else aside from using OPs gore counter as like a battery charge for super charging her other abilites with even more blades, and faster activation on them as well but that seems kinda lame.

This is how i think she should rip and tear, what do you guys think?

10 minutes ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

I like the idea of her synergy between her first three abilities and the style.  I’ll reserve my judgement on them until I get to play.   My only concern is feeling like I’m juggling between them constantly and my enjoyment suffering as a result.  That’s how I feel about harrow.  His kit is awesome, but I’m always making sure one thing is built up, still running, maxed, or what not.  Harrow, if played for his whole kit has A LOT going on.  So, I don’t break him out that often as a result.  

That’s how i feel about Nidus. He can Survive really well but i feel like im using 90% of his abilities and 10% of my Weapons. He rely on abilities more than most Tanks in this game (that’s from a Frame with 1100 Health and over 700 Armor i think). It can be easy for someone to forget they have Weapons since you have to keep his abilities going and just spam one ability.

2 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

That’s how i feel about Nidus. He can Survive really well but i feel like im using 90% of his abilities and 10% of my Weapons. He rely on abilities more than most Tanks in this game (that’s from a Frame with 1100 Health and over 700 Armor i think). It can be easy for someone to forget they have Weapons since you have to keep his abilities going and just spam one ability.

It could be true for several frames.  Some frames it may be quite dependent on the play style of players and not necessarily the frame itself.  Lots of people play frames for just one or two abilities and that’s something to take into account as well I think. 

I just wanted to appreciate Garuda, and make mention that I'm extremely excited because of an old conept I made back in 2015. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ih3RuiwX8N_bvlG29IkuNRLriXL_PW8_zUbp3WST7Zk/edit?usp=sharing

I just love the idea of using HP as a sort of resource in any game, for powerful abilities (sadly it'll almost always turn out edgey)

hace 15 horas, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 dijo:

People are just salty because they wanted a Valkyr 2.0 and instead theyre giving us a new frame with actual unique powers that still seem practical.....there’s something off about what I just said. Oh yeah it’s PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT GETTING PROPER NEW CONTENT

No no, my dude. If you have read at least 3 pages of  the thread you'd notice that most of the opinions/suggestions are actually far from being Valk 2.0, in fact, most of them evade to touch Valkyr's ground since what we're looking for is something new. And it's not complaining, we want to get frames that we would use, not jusr MR fodder frames, forums are exactly used for this thing, to make the game better. Also yes, her powers might be unique, yet not useful.

hace 12 horas, Erl-King dijo:

One more suggestion for Ultimate:

Channeling ability, works in some ways as an exalted weapon, but with a twist.

Six wing-blades float around Garuda, deflecting attacks similar to Zephyr turbulence (effect depends on number of blades in defense position). Garuda still can use her primary/secondary weapons, but quick melee launches her wing-blades forward, similar to a glaive (but without charge up). If the wing-blade misses enemy it returns back in few seconds, if the wing-blade hits enemy it deals damage and remains stuck in it, increasing damage received by this enemy from all sources by 100%. Damage boost stacks with each wing-blade embedded in the target. Launching blades has slight homing effect.

Holding (charging) melee returns all blades back in a second.

Overall idea is to have this Hel style slinging sharp blades around, unique damage boost vs single target that can be used together with regular gunplay or first power.

Holy moly i would love to see that, it would help a lot. This thing as her 4th and what about making her first give you a blood shield (covering your body) scaling with enemy damage, also with her 2 as a cc skill maybe? And her 3rd giving a buff of x% for each enemy killed. That kit would be nice. :)

18 minutes ago, MohSHOCK said:

I'd love to see her 4th as a vampire she get bat wings and like that and all 3 other skills get an upgrade when she's in vampire stance that would be cool 

And remember fashionframe is everything in warframe so the look is the number 1 priority 

I do you one better, make it blood wings! Give her a speed boost, Zephyr-esque gliding and evasion and let her use her (exalted) claws to attack and/or (altfire) shoot... I'd take that over a new crossbow anyday.

10 minutes ago, BlazeDeval said:

Genuine question.

Why does Garuda not wear the flesh of her enemies like a mask or suit? She's a gore frame! Give us gore!

Mince enemies with claws, chainsaws, blades, anything!

That's what I sayed! WHere are the body parts sticking on her claws we saw in the artworks?

Don't know if anyone from DE would actually read this but.. From what I saw on the devstream ..what was disappointing for me is it seems that a lot of kit was semi-recycled from other warframes - Volt's shield, Nezha's Devine Spears and even Nyx's Absorb (animation-wise). 

I definitely love how she looks and her whole thing - blood and gore, but there seems to be a lot of missed opportunities. Specifically how the claws attached to her was mostly only for design, not of any use other than her 4th ability.

How awesome would it be if her kit focused on those blade things/ claws. Maybe she could throw it or make it bigger like Hela from Thor, or even let it spin around her and do a lot of crazy stuff like Penny from RWBY... 

vor 32 Minuten schrieb JawNuts:

animation-wise

Most Warframes are created with placeholder animations until their Powers are in their final Iteration.

E.g. Revenents Dance Macabre used Inaros Sandstorm animation until release.

So its not unlikely that those Animations will Change quite a bit till release.

1 hour ago, LupisV0lk said:

Honestly it'd be nice if we just had her as is so we can see how she goes in us the players hands before changing anything too drastic.

That's presuming that everyone is not familiar with videogames, this game specifically, and the familiar functions within them. Folks have been shown all her moves, and it is enough to invoke concerns or reservations without having to play her. Just as the case with not having to play every game personally to understand whether you are not really into a feature that has been fully demoed to you. 

I also disagree with you, I hope she gets changed quite drastically, whether it be before Fortuna or some time after.

Edited by UrielColtan

On 2018-10-19 at 1:54 PM, ShikiRen said:

As stated in the title, I'm really disappointed with the shown abilities, or at least most of them.

For one "the lower hp the better" concepts NEVER work out, and especially in a game like this where you'd get oneshot even if you were at full HP if you are not a specific set of frames in higher levels. The self heal is completely asynergistic with this goal as well, as using it makes you weaker, and you have to stand still to get oneshot by the next bombard coming your way. 

The frame has no way of survival. The shield was extremely sluggish, covers too little an area, and a bombard rocket will most likely still damage you through it. Charging the blood orb to deal damage is a death sentence, and we all know just how bad 99% of damage abilities are in this game, the damage becomes completely useless past lvl 70.

The self healing is useless since she is going to die in one hit anyways, and she even brings herself closer to death.

Then there is the ult... Good lord we just had revenant who had a BETTER version of this! And it was uninspired there too!.

So in summary : The frame has bad survivability, amost certainly bad damage, a terrible ult and terrible CC. What exactly does she DO? Even Ember is not as terribly asynergistic, at least she can CC somewhat.

And the worst part, there were such great fan concepts of a blood based frame, and every single one was miles better than this. Another great visual design wasted on a terrible gameplay concept.

Considering how far into development she is, they’ll at most make minor changes that don’t really make her unique then ship her anyway and forget about her ala Khora. :/

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Zendro_-_ said:

Considering how far into development she is, they’ll at most make minor changes that don’t really make her unique then ship her anyway and forget about her ala Khora. 😕

Until her rework, where they do some of the suggestions, but not all. Thing is i can feel the Pink shorts wearing man watching the screen while tapping his fingers together like some kind of evile genius. "Yes you already know how this goes, and there is nothing you can do to stop me!" Which would be followed by a badly done evil laugh and the drinking of a beer.

Edited by xSightlessx

16 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Her passive is what Valkyr passive Should be. Being how Valkyr is a Berzerker.

So why not give valkyr this passive, and give garuda something else.

So if you want Valkyr to be berserker so badly, why bother with Geruda’s passive?

Why not suggest something like changing her paralysis to better be in tune with her hysteria? Instead of using shields, maybe DE could incorporate using health drain (how much health dependent on strength mods) instead and gains massive damage with her stun? That way you could regain health back in hysteria. Might be a bit OP but it allows for ‘health drain = more damage.’.