Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration drones

Loviam

Am I the only person who appreciates these annoying little bastards as the added challenge they are supposed to be? I'm seeing tonnes of people like. Oh my abilities don't work on them. Better complain about it rather than just have to actually AIM when I shoot like DE intended

Eh, everyone has different experience and expectations with things. Even a relatively new player might excel at some things that annoy a veteran with the same gear. In my experience so far, try beating them up with Ancient Healers and Disruptors guarding it and the Arbiter Drone guarding them. Perhaps though, it might be better to learn from the comments of others versus calling their critiques complaining.

My only problem with them is that they are invulnerable to Exalted Blade. I feel like since you actually kinda have to aim with Exalted blade, it should be able to kill them. In their current state, it makes Excalibur practically useless since the drones occur with so much frequency that you would be better off using your normal weapons than ever pressing 4.

Plus, they aren't exactly difficult. I think they actually make the mission easier just because of the AoE damage and knockdown for enemies around them. Stuff like the Arca Plasmor kills them through enemies with no effort necessary.

Edited by Yuri_Doujinshi

They're buggy. There's been multiples UNDER the ground, IMMUNE to everything, couldnt even shoot through the floor with 3m punch through to kill it. While it gives invincibility to everything. 

Their flight patterns are annoying, they hide behind large clumps of enemies while ancients/scorpions drag you every which way
They zig zag a lot, and are tiny, so without rapid fire, or AoE, it becomes a reliability to the mission and your survival so for the most part you run away to other enemies instead. 

There are enough invincibility staged things, and they're not fun. It becomes a waiting game.
The mode is just easy sortie leveled enemies with an annoying feature. 
The mode should be something MORE something BETTER than being centered around the drone.
Whether it be mini-bosses, drones that give OTHER effects, etc. 

The drones just make it look like the wait for "Elite alerts" was rushed, or lacking an idea. 
There's much more they could've done to this mission type.

They do not add difficulty to it, or a challenge, just a mild annoyance. 

Edited by Vesiga

41 minutes ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

My only problem with them is that they are invulnerable to Exalted Blade. I feel like since you actually kinda have to aim with Exalted blade, it should be able to kill them. In their current state, it makes Excalibur practically useless since the drones occur with so much frequency that you would be better off using your normal weapons than ever pressing 4.

Plus, they aren't exactly difficult. I think they actually make the mission easier just because of the AoE damage and knockdown for enemies around them. Stuff like the Arca Plasmor kills them through enemies with no effort necessary.

That doesn't just apply to Excalibur. 

As for the topic, I'm all for discouraging ability spam, but pretending the drones add challenge by requiring you to aim is... strange.

Ignis, Amprex, Arca Plasmor Spin2Win and so on completely devalue the "gotta aim" side of things. They discourage one meta and encourage another. 

Edited by DeMonkey

my only problem with drones is that they have no clipping rules, so you have to run away until they are far enough from walls and stuff to shoot them....they probably should not be  invulnerable like that, but that appears to be the way DE wants them.

50 minutes ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

Excalibur has 3 other abilities.

1 hour ago, Loviam said:

Am I the only person who appreciates these annoying little bastards as the added challenge they are supposed to be? I'm seeing tonnes of people like. Oh my abilities don't work on them. Better complain about it rather than just have to actually AIM when I shoot like DE intended

Well, the developers ostensibly wanted CC and CC frames to become relevant again.  So instead of making the drones steal buffs, make holographic clones or invisible Stalkers, make hostile warframe Specters, speed up enemies 300%, buff enemies damage 500%, they chose the route of negating all CC abilities.  Doesn't that sound like fun for those squishy CC frames that they wanted to make relevant again?

Edited by WhimsicalPacifist

8 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

Ancient Healer + Arbitration Drone needs to be nerfed.

Everything else about them is OK.

I hope DE look at this because that combo is seriously ridiculous. 

The Drones is the only thing that makes me use the Eternal War build. Prolonged Paralysis won't work because the enemies are immune to CC while being affected by the Drone, Hysteria can't damage the Drone so that won't work. Normally a Weapon with High range or Primary/Secondary can wipe them out and blast the enemies to the Ground but the Immunity can limit Player's Frames and Builds.

Well people do hate Nullifiers and if you think about it the drones are essentially just a slight tweak on Nullfiers. So it isn't surprising a portion of the playerbase isn't too fond of them. Personally I'm kinda meh about them but then I'm not super into endless missions so I don't really play the Arbitrations. 

Edited by Oreades

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

Excalibur has 3 other abilities.

His 1 is best used for stacking combo for his 4 and/or providing I-frames, and his 3 does no damage and no CC with a long cast time. The only thing that's useful is his 2, which is just a basic CC move that opens enemies to finishers. If I wanted to play a frame that gives me a CC move that opens enemies to finishers, I would play Inaros. Excal has no survivability outside of either using a Life Strike + Hunter Adrenaline combo with Exalted Blade, or just spamming 2 to deny enemies their chance to shoot. At least Inaros has a ridiculous amount of EHP to go with his CC, and an easy way to regain health.

TL;DR: Why would I use a frame with 3 abilities when I could use a frame with 4 abilities and better survivability?

3 hours ago, Loviam said:

Better complain about it rather than just have to actually AIM when I shoot like DE intended

Did they actually give feedback, but you disagreed and labeled it complaining?

DE has said themselves that they're looking into the drones because of some bad combos.

I'm laughing at how the devs snuck in their weak point eximus enemies without the player base realizing it. It's practically the same concept. Personally feel like the original concept wouldve been better, but here we are 

Edited by Hypernaut1

34 minutes ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

His 1 is best used for stacking combo for his 4 and/or providing I-frames, and his 3 does no damage and no CC with a long cast time. The only thing that's useful is his 2, which is just a basic CC move that opens enemies to finishers. If I wanted to play a frame that gives me a CC move that opens enemies to finishers, I would play Inaros. Excal has no survivability outside of either using a Life Strike + Hunter Adrenaline combo with Exalted Blade, or just spamming 2 to deny enemies their chance to shoot. At least Inaros has a ridiculous amount of EHP to go with his CC, and an easy way to regain health.

TL;DR: Why would I use a frame with 3 abilities when I could use a frame with 4 abilities and better survivability?

So basically you just want to spam 1 ability otherwise you don't want to play the frame. Ok no worries. Besides you could always go in a groups with 1 person as a designated drone hunter while the other 3 use their abilities.

Edited by Zilchy

5 minutes ago, 541K4T said:

Use any weapon moded for radiation. I generally use my Arca Plasmor, havn't faced any problem.

Except the Ancient woud only receive the Radiation after you destroy the Drones since the drone makes them immune to damage.

2 hours ago, Zilchy said:

So basically you just want to spam 1 ability otherwise you don't want to play the frame. Ok no worries. Besides you could always go in a groups with 1 person as a designated drone hunter while the other 3 use their abilities.

Spam 1 ability? No, I want to be able to use the frame to its full potential, and not being able to use Exalted Blade essentially removes half of his kit. You can't argue with the fact that radial javelin is a useless ability past level 20 or 30. His 1 is useful for stacking combo counter for more damage. His 2 is useful for CC and more damage from Exalted Blade. If I effectively cannot use Exalted Blade due to the drones, then his ability synergy goes out the window. His 1 is useful for i-frames, but why would I use that when his 2 instantly stuns in an AoE? 

Mesa suffers from the same problem, but her situation is much better since her cast time is effectively instant, and she can wipe an entire wave in a couple seconds. Thus, just shoot the drone, press 4, wipe, repeat. Excal can't do that, since casting and deactivating each have a 1-2 second delay, in which time you could have just killed the entire group with whatever primary weapon you have. Not to mention that even if you can't use Peacemaker, her 2 and 3 are still very useful for protection and minor CC ability. 

2 hours ago, VPrime96 said:

Except the Ancient woud only receive the Radiation after you destroy the Drones since the drone makes them immune to damage.

I am talking about hitting the drones with rad dmg, it negates the Ancient buff I guess, cause I have killed many drones while they are shielding Ancient, which in turn buffs the drones.

I can't stand them. As someone said they are pretty much nulifiers. I don't know why DE would add another version of the unity that most of the community hates. I'd much rather have weak spots than a small drone that hides behind walls and is pretty bugged right now. 

Also making enemies completely immune to CC greatly diminishes the viability of some frames. 

They need to find other ways to give us difficulty. Making things unkillable is not very exciting. 

They have a high spawn rate, which may not be visible by the 90% of the players  *cough* Rhinos *cough* in arbitrations, but it sure as hell becomes annoying, when I use Volt or Saryn and I take out a drone, only for there to be one more and one more after that and oh... look another just spawned.

Currently there's no incentive to go with something other than Inaros/Nezha/Valkyr/Nidus/Oberon, or maybe Gara on excavations. I take it this was meant to be the polar opposite of ESO, with nuke frames being less effective, it does that quite well, but was the mode really meant for buff and tank frames only?

Just to clarify, I don't complain, I'm adjusting to the new mode, but it'd be nice if caster frames were more useful and yes, a Saryn can still top damage, but she's not the only caster frame there, is she?