Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes

[DE]Connor

we have removed Sentinel weapons from the Riven generation pool

Prices are up to 1k+

tenor.gif?itemid=5026106

I don't care what you do i wont use those stupid cats i like vacuum to much. So now the sentinel weapons that i don't own the riven for's power ceiling is significantly lower. 1k+ plat for a bad roll mod is completely unreasonable. Revert this.

13 minutes ago, random__noob said:

You are aware that we didnt invest resources into rerolling and buying and farming rivens, right?

We invested time of our lives to improve performance and try to maximize our effectiveness in future gaming sessions.

And you also invested a bucketload of plat into a system that the community dictated for you what arbitrary price you would spend on rivens. 

If DE had updated dispositions regularly this wouldn't be an issue. Rip the band-aid off and suck it up.

44 minutes ago, LupoDWolf said:

quanto drama, imagina tivesse sido um nerf real, maioria quase nao faz diferença no final, afinal o jogo nao tem nada tao forte pra todo esse dano

my friend is not drama, your time being thrown away and money real, lost a lot of money and time with this Nerf, as I said I am collector rivens perfect. after this Nerf game lost sense to me.

hace 15 minutos, (XB1)Teufel7777 dijo:

realmente esto es una mal chiste, acaso tienen noción del tiempo empleado, de los recursos invertidos, del platino invertido y de todo y van y cambian stats y mandan literalmente a la basura todo lo que se invirtió, realmente WARFRAME da asco!! 

Eso parece, si tenemos suerte y se preocupan por su comunidad o mejor dicho si no ignoran todo lo que se está diciendo aquí... quizás vuelvan a modificarlo a como estaba anteriormente aunque lo dudo mucho la verdad.

31 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

And you also invested a bucketload of plat into a system that the community dictated for you what arbitrary price you would spend on rivens. 

If DE had updated dispositions regularly this wouldn't be an issue. Rip the band-aid off and suck it up.

Translation:

THIS DOESN'T AFFECT ME TO SHUT UP AND TAKE IT HAHA!!! RIVEN META LOSER!!

Another poorly timed side effect of this, the new Moa pets use setinel weapons until you can unlock the top teir moa weapons, since they cant be aquired anymore the prices are skyrocketing, so if you actually wanted your moa to have a decently dangerous gun, well you are SOL...

36 minutes ago, Mamif said:

I don't care what you do i wont use those stupid cats i like vacuum to much. So now the sentinel weapons that i don't own the riven for's power ceiling is significantly lower. 1k+ plat for a bad roll mod is completely unreasonable. Revert this.

They did add the [Fetch] mod, but I tested it and it's just a bad vacuum. I don't see many people making the switch unless they REALLY want that bonus crit chance from their cat. It's been said for years, and bears repeating:

Just make vacuum a basic gameplay element and dump it from the mod system entirely. This way people can actually use whatever pet they want.

I don't know why DE has been so reluctant to do this all this time, but it's one of the very few areas where they have obstinately ignored the fans/players outright without good justification. Oh, and give Mag a "real" passive, please. 🙄

Sentinel Rivens shouldn't have been completely removed from the game.

But moved to some faction trader (like Simaris selling them for 100k Standing).

You guys said that you didn't want to affect the Market, but that's what you exactly did by limiting the number of in-game copies of those items.

Lets just get this over with de just did the exact opposite they tried ti fix by removing sentinal and nerfing weapons that never should've been touched revert these changes buff hek soma zenistar and DO NOT NERF MELEE or lose another 3 million players in 1 day there your going to keep losing more because of this failure to appease players by nerfing weapons that needed buffs or ignoring weapons as well good job # de must pay

The Vectis riven nerf just flat out sucks.

You literally handed out a free vectis for 6 months with a promo code. Then you gave away the vectis P for free with the Twitch drops. No wonder its so polular now. The usage has been artificially inflated.

Finally you made it impossible to get to one round in the chamber from any ++-mag riven. For those of us actually using charged chamber and arcane momentum builds, this one really screwed some of us.

Thanks DE, Im pretty salty about this one.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb kellerak:

"people are better than me so i'm glad they are being robbed their hard work"

How on earth does the inability to read and the readiness to ignorantly throw obscene amounts of plat down the drain equal "better"?

Anyway you superhumans have fun throwing your tantrums over some measly percentage loss on your weapons, i'll be off to explore the Vallis.

vor einer Stunde schrieb LupoDWolf:
vor 3 Stunden schrieb Megazawr:

I had about 1670 dmg on my Cestras, now I have only about 1630. :sadcry:

the horror 

🙂

14 minutes ago, KurzedMetal said:

Sentinel Rivens shouldn't have been completely removed from the game.

But moved to some faction trader (like Simaris selling them for 100k Standing).

You guys said that you didn't want to affect the Market, but that's what you exactly did by limiting the number of in-game copies of those items.

That would actually be a great idea...It gives you a reason to keep doing simaris scans. Moa pets will create a nearly endless market for them. 

6 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

How on earth does the inability to read and the readiness to ignorantly throw obscene amounts of plat down the drain equal "better"?

Anyway you superhumans have fun throwing your tantrums over some measly percentage loss on your weapons, i'll be off to explore the Vallis.

🙂

Measly....

My plasmor was doing slightly over 8k corrosive/radiation damage and around 7k fire damage before the changes. with nearly 2.2k meters punch

now its barely topping 7.5k and 6k fire damage? 1.7m punch <---quite important for being able to shoot though things like thin walls, obstacles or doors. 

MEASLY. HE SAYS. 

"Dispositions are based roughly on the weapon’s usage among mid-to-endgame Warframe players, with handmade tweaks where appropriate.

This is the part that bugs me the most..."HANDMADE TWEAKS".  This make makes me think they are nerfing weapons based on a few people overperforming because of one mod.  If this is the case then they are basically telling us that if you are lucky enough to get a great riven on a high end weapon, use that weapon, and do well with that weapon, then we are going to nerf that riven. This isn't a nerf for everyone else who has the weapon, just for those who were lucky enough to find a riven and do well with it. So now I feel like if i do well with any weapon/riven combo that ill lose even more than riven disposition to those "handmade tweaks".

I've never been this bummed out by a game expansion before.  I was watching Steve's stream with such excitement only to have it killed when I saw the dev workshop notes.  I wasn't too put off when he said the riven disposition was getting updated since that was expected but the "handmade tweaks" thing really bothers me. I think these "tweaks" are really just nerfs to a few overperforming players and not to overperforming weapons.

1 minute ago, Dougram said:

"Dispositions are based roughly on the weapon’s usage among mid-to-endgame Warframe players, with handmade tweaks where appropriate.

This is the part that bugs me the most..."HANDMADE TWEAKS".  This make makes me think they are nerfing weapons based on a few people overperforming because of one mod.  If this is the case then they are basically telling us that if you are lucky enough to get a great riven on a high end weapon, use that weapon, and do well with that weapon, then we are going to nerf that riven. This isn't a nerf for everyone else who has the weapon, just for those who were lucky enough to find a riven and do well with it. So now I feel like if i do well with any weapon/riven combo that ill lose even more than riven disposition to those "handmade tweaks".

I've never been this bummed out by a game expansion before.  I was watching Steve's stream with such excitement only to have it killed when I saw the dev workshop notes.  I wasn't too put off when he said the riven disposition was getting updated since that was expected but the "handmade tweaks" thing really bothers me. I think these "tweaks" are really just nerfs to a few overperforming players and not to overperforming weapons.

Especially if those weapons are used to hunt eidolons which has been the reason for quite a few of the recent nerfs. See: Chroma.

So the answer to this is clear. STOP HUNTING EIDOLONS!!! LOL 

14 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

🙂

See this its me getting my katana and taking your arm off almost every weapon just got nerfed beyond everyones tolerable limit

1 hour ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

So basically death by a thousand cuts, sounds great?!? Who is this popular with exactly?

Would you rather they just drop the disposition by 3+ for items that are proven to be too strong in the current meta? I'm sure you will enjoy watching riven prices crash overnight.

The idea was cultivated from the community and it includes doing regular disposition passes along with spreading out the diposition changes over time.

2 hours ago, Sishan said:

Again that's the large issue though, you nerf small but BUFF the unused weapons big. That way though players lose something they also gain opportunity to work in a new space. This just feels like nothing is going on except you took an "L" on what you already had. There isn't enough gain. Players may have known that DE might eventually change rivens but DE left this for far, far, far too long with no changes. The correct way to handle it is to mitigate player loss somehow, it doesn't have to be huge but no one reacts excitedly to nerfs and they never will, this is exacerbated by the utter lack of changes on the part of DE when they said it would be constantly evolving as a system and not once per year when they get around to it.

Neglect isn't a justification to leave disposition broken though. And many dispositions were increased as well. You make it sounds like DE only nerfed everything, which is simply not true. There were also several popular weapons that were not touched. So overall many weapons had their effectiveness increased so the players did get something to offset the loss, it will just take time for them to adjust to these changes.

You know, I get that people are upset that their time/plat/kuva investments have been devalued here and there (also enriched in others, btw), but what strikes me as odd about so much of the whine about it is that everyone knew the whole time that this is how rivens work.

Most of the weapons that got nerfs to their rivens are already quite powerful even without rivens, and the stronger dispositions were intended to bring niche weapons into viability. The fact they even exist for the meta weapons is just bonus. To treat it any other way is to fail to understand what DE is trying to do with rivens.

Archived