Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Honestly, disable Archwings in the Vallis to give K-drives a real purpose.

Cryssoberyl

I know people will get mad when I say this. Honestly I can hardly believe I'm saying it myself. When Plains first came out, I absolutely hated the distances involved and getting an Archwing launcher was a huge priority. But now, things are different.

I really like K-drives. I think it's a system with a ton of fun and potential. But as an actual terrain traversal tool, which is after all the point of a vehicle, they are useless compared to Archwings. This creates friction in multiplayer groups when some players may want to use them even though its suboptimal, and even for the solo player, there is always the depressing reminder that you're messing around with something that just will never compete.

Please remove Archwings from use in the Vallis. Honestly, I'm amazed you guys allowed it in the first place. Maybe you were intimidated by the size of your own work, I could see that happening. But it would be much more immersive, and make K-drives much more useful and important, if Archwings were simply not a thing there. Please think hard about making this change - although I fear that the optimal time to do so, which would've been before launch, has sadly passed.

Edited by Cryssoberyl

No, I don't want to be spending a long time getting from point A to point B when I could just get there in the shortest amount of time possible by using an Archwing. Especially since Orb Vallis is so damn huge. But this is just talking bounty since that is the only reason I see why you even brought up this horrendous change.

Unless you're with a group of friends/clanmate, public groups will always look towards finishing the bounty as fast as possible, no one wants to waste time trying to navigate through the Orb Vallis. 

Honestly, no.

It should be up to the player if he wants to move quickly from A to B or grind out some standing and pull off some cool tricks while doing that. If you want to remove to archwing from orb vallis you will also drastically reduce Zephyrs movement abilities since hes faster than any k-drive (and its not only Zephyr, many warframes can be modded to be faster than your k-drive).

No, don't do this. This is a terrible idea. You don't force people to use new content by disabling superior content. I hope you never work in game design.

I have a thread expressing many of the same concerns over here but for the love of god, don't disable archwings. That's just foolish.

The problem with Archwing is that it isn't fun to fly, and you can engage it at any time in any situation with no negative consequence. There's no risk/reward, you just always use it. I see no reason why if I'm under fire and lacking on health I shouldnt just escape with an archwing then come back while the enemies shift their focus away from me - unless the mission timer discourages it. And I don't know why someone brought up Zephyr as an argument in here - Zephyr is effectively rendered obsolete by the Archwing. What we have is a unique frame that's eclipsed by a bit of equipment but does what she does better and easier. Efficiency =/= fun - and what it does is render a lot of the open space in this beautifully designed map completely under-utilized.  I don't think it needs to be entirely disabled but I think we need more reasons not to use it - or areas where it's less effective.

Edited by Gnohme

3 hours ago, PumpySpammington said:

Honestly, no.

It should be up to the player if he wants to move quickly from A to B or grind out some standing and pull off some cool tricks while doing that. If you want to remove to archwing from orb vallis you will also drastically reduce Zephyrs movement abilities since hes faster than any k-drive (and its not only Zephyr, many warframes can be modded to be faster than your k-drive).

I don't understand how removing archwing is affecting Zephyr at all other than making her a viable option to choose instead of using the K-Drive, which as you mentioned, isn't as fast as her. But the archwing is faster than both. So both are obsolete by design. There's no reason to choose Zephyr or the K-Drive for any reason other than you think they are cool or more fun. I'm not against that being a factor but I think there's more to consider here than what gets you to the place fastest. Again I'm not advocating the complete removal of it, but what you just said doesn't make sense in any sort of counter argument to this. 

I'm just a little bit confused by all this pushback that people "don't want to waste time getting from point A to point B" - okay... then why the open world? Why any of this?? There is NO gameplay taking place up in the air- that's all down on the ground. 

Edited by Gnohme

15 hours ago, Gnohme said:

I don't understand how removing archwing is affecting Zephyr at all other than making her a viable option to choose instead of using the K-Drive, which as you mentioned, isn't as fast as her. But the archwing is faster than both. So both are obsolete by design. There's no reason to choose Zephyr or the K-Drive for any reason other than you think they are cool or more fun. I'm not against that being a factor but I think there's more to consider here than what gets you to the place fastest. Again I'm not advocating the complete removal of it, but what you just said doesn't make sense in any sort of counter argument to this. 

I'm just a little bit confused by all this pushback that people "don't want to waste time getting from point A to point B" - okay... then why the open world? Why any of this?? There is NO gameplay taking place up in the air- that's all down on the ground. 

Are you that dumb? Just because people want open worlds doesn’t mean they shouldn’t want to get grom A to B as fast as possible, everything in the game is about choice, how about you make the chouce of just using a k drive, why would you suggest that everyone should have the ability to use AW removed just because you want people to use KD, that’s nuts.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Sioks E7 said:

Are you that dumb? Just because people want open worlds doesn’t mean they shouldn’t want to get grom A to B as fast as possible, everything in the game is about choice, how about you make the chouce of just using a k drive, why would you suggest that everyone should have the ability to use AW removed just because you want people to use KD, that’s nuts.

I didn't even advocate complete removal I'm just questioning your logic which you didn't break down for me at all, so thanks for the basic insult. What you said made no sense - what you're saying now is just mean-spirited.

"Choice". Everyone brings that up. "Choice". It's a fun word, right? Because we all like choices. It's why we're here. But what happens, might I ask - when one person chooses to use their k-drive, another person chooses to run, and another chooses to use their archwing? All for the same mission. Well what you have is three players with three different traveling speeds, so there really is no choice. If they want to complete the mission together, they all have to choose one thing. That's not choice really, because unless you want to be playing by yourself you're going to be yelled at for how long it takes you to get to the objective on your k-drive, just because you were riding it *for choice*. Choices are great but if there's no reason to make them people won't make those choices.

Edited by Gnohme

On 2018-11-11 at 10:47 AM, ShadowExodus said:

when I could just get there in the shortest amount of time possible

^This is why OP's idea is a good one, because gamers are lazy and they want "maximum gain for minimum reward".

Archwings are basically "Press 4 to get there", honestly if they let us have archwings in open roam then just give us fast travel and be done with it so i dont have to waste an equipment slot. like that other thread said, bring back the crafteable launchers with a counter and let K Drives have unlimited launches

Edited by Dabnician

Archwings should have been disabled till you reach "Doer" standing with Solaris United, at which point, you should be able to buy an Arching Segment upgrade to allow you to use your Archwing in cold areas (Valis). This would make people use their K-Drives for a few days, then have the option to keep using them or just use Archwings.

7 hours ago, Gnohme said:

But what happens, might I ask - when one person chooses to use their k-drive, another person chooses to run, and another chooses to use their archwing? All for the same mission.

Same thing that happens when one person has an archwing and another person doesn't have one in the Plains: They take longer to get there. 

7 hours ago, Gnohme said:

That's not choice really, because unless you want to be playing by yourself you're going to be yelled at for how long it takes you to get to the objective on your k-drive, just because you were riding it *for choice*. 

Bringing in the toxicity of a player doesn't make disabling archwing any less stupid. Because you're highlighting the miniscule of the minority when the majority doesn't give two S#&$s and would finish that piece of the bounty themselves. 

5 hours ago, Dabnician said:

^This is why OP's idea is a good one, because gamers are lazy and they want "maximum gain for minimum reward".

No OP's idea isn't a good one. It basically just punishes players for no reason simply because he/she "feels" that K-drive is useless. 

5 hours ago, Dabnician said:

Archwings are basically "Press 4 to get there", honestly if they let us have archwings in open roam then just give us fast travel and be done with it so i dont have to waste an equipment slot. like that other thread said, bring back the crafteable launchers with a counter and let K Drives have unlimited launches

>Don't have to waste an equipment slot 

>Infinite Gear Wheel 

🤔

If you're talking about owning an archwing itself, I'm pretty sure you will have one regardless since 1. You get a free one from a quest and 2. Some planets requires you to own an archwing 

And fast travel to where? What point on the map, tenno owned would allow you to fast travel all over? What change would craftable launchers bring? Archwings being infinite is a QoL change, it changes absolutely nothing in their use. And if you think that disabling archwing is gonna stop players from getting to point A to point B faster than a K-drive then you need think a little. There's Nova, Zephyr and Volt, the only frames I can name from the top of my head that would definitely be used for traversal.

1 hour ago, NotTungsten said:

Stop saying no.

Whats the point of travelling if u cant have fun doing it. 

I honestly think it would be a great idea to stop people from using the archwing in vallis, Its much more boring than the k-drive.

here this guy out, he makes a valid point.

you do realize how slow the k-drive is right?