Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxic community - where are the good players?

(PSN)wulvyrn

I hear again and again how great the community is.  Reading the forums and regional on game, the term toxic comes to mind.  Why do people have to be this way.

It will be interesting to see how well the great mr players of PC treat the new switch player base.  Will they be great community representative of the forums and chat?

This is not the barren chat of old nor the old wood where one is either looking for trouble or a good pint!

5 minutes ago, GTX49 said:

Uhh do u mean the switch and pc players will crossplay o.O wut

PC players can copy their accounts to the Switch,
so there'll be a decent amount of "veteran" players to guide and / or mock newbies.

Edited by NinjaZeku

You know, the times when the community is toxic is when dealing with silly threads or bad attitudes. If you have run into toxicity on multiple occasions, I'd suggest you look at your past posts and try and identify why.

Case in point, this topic title is a trash. You tar the entire community with a brush that obviously only fits a few members, whether it's a lack of common sense or malice I don't really care. Neither is conducive to making a good thread.

If the majority of your posts are similar (and I certainly recall some being pretty relevant to my point) then you will run into toxicity. The community is not toxic, specific people are, and as a general rule the truly toxic people don't last long.

8 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

You know, the times when the community is toxic is when dealing with silly threads or bad attitudes. If you have run into toxicity on multiple occasions, I'd suggest you look at your past posts and try and identify why.

Case in point, this topic title is a trash. You tar the entire community with a brush that obviously only fits a few members, whether it's a lack of common sense or malice I don't really care. Neither is conducive to making a good thread.

If the majority of your posts are similar (and I certainly recall some being pretty relevant to my point) then you will run into toxicity. The community is not toxic, specific people are, and as a general rule the truly toxic people don't last long.

Thank you.  I respectfully reject your comment the title is trash.  It may be considered as a toxic reply and vendictive attitude towards me. 

I hope you have a better day.  We all learn and strive for constructive criticism.  Failing is a natural part of learning.  I am not perfect nor are most people.

Eh, I've found that most everyone is good on PC - so maybe it's a PS4 thing?

Thing you gotta keep in mind with gamers, not all of us have the greatest of personal skills  - so maybe we're not so toxic as much as we're just very, very blunt.  Although sometimes it's hard to tell the two apart, so YMMV on that point.

1 hour ago, (PS4)wulvyrn said:

I hear again and again how great the community is.  Reading the forums and regional on game, the term toxic comes to mind.  Why do people have to be this way.

It will be interesting to see how well the great mr players of PC treat the new switch player base.  Will they be great community representative of the forums and chat?

This is not the barren chat of old nor the old wood where one is either looking for trouble or a good pint!

If there is anything I've learned from warframe it's that what ever is bothering you keeps happening even if it's toxic. My common response to this is -_- ok so that's a thing.

Also chatframe endgame has turned into bored players trying to overcome being banned from region whilst making the spiciest posts possible.... Lmao the game has games inside of games...

But yes there are still many many helpful players lurking region waiting to help new players out.

Perhaps the way you are going about things is causing the reactions? 

Case in point, so far this post attacks the community as a whole, and when people ( not that I consider @DeMonkey a person mind you) disagree you get what I could consider a very condescending attitude. 
No one is being "Vindictive" Or toxic in this thread, they are merely disagreeing with you, and offering insight. If that is what you consider toxic, then you will find everywhere to be toxic. 

Your first mistake is reading region chat and forums outside of patch notes. Your second mistake is holding those to a higher standard. This is common within internet communities. Just join a clan you like to avoid that.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)wulvyrn said:

Thank you.  I respectfully reject your comment the title is trash.  It may be considered as a toxic reply and vendictive attitude towards me. 

Secret king is always right. 

This thread seems to spring up once or twice a month, particularly around new content drops. I have to wonder what you've been playing if you consider the WF community toxic.

Frankly, you so rarely see people speak in-game it's fairly remarkable when it happens regardless of what is actually said. Region chat can be a bit spicier, but compared to, say, any Blizzard game, it's the small races.

The forums don't even begin to approach the levels of salt you'd see in, again, a Blizzard game, any MOBA, or most MMORPGs. It's rainbows and unicorns around here compared to what used to go every day in something like Arreat Summit.  

Of course, in the case of the OP, we're dealing with one aspect of the console community. Maybe the PS4 community is made up of assorted ne'er-do-wells, but I suspect it's just hypersensitivity on the OPs part and not endemic to the PS4, consoles in general, or the PC community.

/dismiss 

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

PC players can copy their accounts to the Switch,
so there'll be a decent amount of "veteran" players to guide and / or mock newbies.

This would be interesting if I was going to purchase the Switch.  Sadly, my extra cash has already gone to car maintenance.  

whenever I see a thread about toxicity, I have to wonder if the poster themselves are actively looking for toxicity or labeling disagreement as toxic. This one doesn't make me think any differently. 

Plus OP, you label the entire community as toxic. A community you yourself partake in. Are you saying you are toxic?

Edited by Sajochi

Players will help players... Forums will debate and kill all fun for somebody somewhere all the time....and Region Chat is basically the insane ranting of the Demon Legion (Side Note: Morning Chat will form from 2am to about 7am and there you will find all the adults who are actually friendly)...so enjoy that...Trade Chat is where you go to lose all hope in humanity...Recruiting is where to you go to regain hope in humanity, until you come into a match with the wrong frame...then all hope for humanity is burned  away in elitist fire...Then you'll discover a lot of bad clans till you find a good one and then all hope in humanity is restored...the end...

The community isn't perfect, but it is still one of the better ones out there IMO (at least on PC. Dunno about console personally *shrug*)

I've seen some chat trolling and there are always complaints on the forums... but people are generally helpful in game. And almost all the conversations i've been a part of during missions have been fun little chats.

It has also been a long time since i was a newb but i still remember, once upon a time, asking if could spend some of the little plat i had on a Streamline mod in trade (because i didn't even have the basics and hoped something like 5 plat would be a useful enticement) and someone in trade invited me to his dojo, refused my plat and dumped streamline, flow, intensify, continuity and stretch on me. All he said was "take em. Have fun"

I don't even remember his name... but i built my first excalibur exalted blade setup out of those basics... and the gesture has stuck with me to this day.

I'm sorry if your experience hasn't been like mine... All i can tell you is that is is FAR worse in most corners of the net and gaming (go try a League of Legends game as a newb and ask for advice... go ahead...).

I wish you luck finding some better community experiences. All i can really say is that they are out there, somewhere.

First of all you cannot categorize the whole community as a toxic one because you had bad experiences with few peoples. Those are not the majority and not every person toxic who had bad day or just tired. Humans can make mistakes.

Also the warframe community is pve based which eliminates the competitive attidute from the majority and just less peoples who plays pve are competitive and had bad attitude. The pvp part is very small here and I did not hear about any toxicity from there.