Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey DE, are we ever getting compound elemental mods?

Jarriaga

+75% Radiation / -5% Status chance

+75% Blast / -5% Status chance

+75% Gas / -5% Status chance

+75% Magnetic / -5% Status chance

+75% Corrosive / -5% Status chance

+75% Viral / -5% Status chance

I'm pitching +75% elemental damage and -5% status chance to place them perfectly in-between the dual-stat +60% mods and the +90% raw damage mods. They can be modified as needed for balancing. +50% compound element / -15% status is still under control. If need be, they can be balanced like the elemental Aim Glide mods in which you can't use 2 of them at once.

There are many ways to balance them.

This would open the gates to potentially fun (Even if impractical) combinations such as Radiation + Fire or Viral + Cold.

Pretty please? ❤️

Edited by Jarriaga

1 minute ago, DreisterDino said:

But that would mean we can have all elemental combos on a weapon at once, that might be a little too crazy?

I think there is a reason why we usually cant go corrosive+ viral for example.

it would mean that weapons that have innate viral, radiation etc would be less special i guess

But being able to have all ele combos would be a pretty crazy:clem:

8 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

But that would mean we can have all elemental combos on a weapon at once, that might be a little too crazy?

Indeed, the reason why I added the negative -5% status is for balancing. You'll get the extra damage type, but with each mod you decrease your status chance.

Also, they can be limited to primaries and secondaries if Condition Overload is a concern (Which I don't think it will be after Melee 3.0).

Edited by Jarriaga

Gerade eben schrieb Jarriaga:

Well, you can go corrosive + viral on weapons that are native corrosive or native viral. The Plague Star Zaws for example.

And indeed, the reason why I added the negative -5% status is for balancing. You'll get the extra damage type, but with each mod you decrease your status chance.

Yes there are weapons that can do that, and they are obviously balanced around this.

But when all weapons can do all combinations all of a sudden, it would become ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Yes there are weapons that can do that, and they are obviously balanced around this.

But when all weapons can do all combinations all of a sudden, it would become ridiculous.

Not if the mods themselves are balanced as well.

+50% compound element / -15% status is still under control. Again, I pitched the initial numbers to place them in between the other mods. They can be modified as needed for balancing.

Additionally, they can be limited to primaries and secondaries if Condition Overload is a concern (Which I don't think it will be after Melee 3.0).

They can also be balanced like the elemental Aim Glide mods in which you can't use 2 of them at once. There are many ways to balance them.

Edited by Jarriaga

11 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

They could easily do what I discovered the hard way they did with mods that increase your wall hanging time.  They're all considered the same type of mod (similar to how Reach and Primed Reach are the same), and can't be equipped at the same time.

I think mods like that, or even a huge influx of corrupted mods would be cool to see.   I just do not expect to see anything but the what..30-40 mods per year, with the overwhelming majority of them being direct downgrades from existing mods