Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker mode should only be played by DE staff during devstream and prime time

XenMaster

Maybe because its fun this way. Since warframe is mostly PVE environment, nobody want their game ruined or griefed by player stalker. Ofc this contradicts my point, but having an event during devstream where we just go into Hydron and...

Boom, Stalker controlled by Scott.

13 minutes ago, XenMaster said:

Maybe because its fun this way. Since warframe is mostly PVE environment, nobody want their game ruined or griefed by player stalker. Ofc this contradicts my point, but having an event during devstream where we just go into Hydron and...

Boom, Stalker controlled by Scott.

Hek. Yes.

5 minutes ago, Zengrath said:

Well if it's similar to watch dogs 2 invasion mode it could be fun if done right and should have opt out but reward players who stay opted in.

The problem Scott and crew were having was (Paraphrasing) "Do we allow Players to Opt out? It seems like common sense, but if too many Players opt out, then those who want to Play it never can, especially during certain time zones, etc".

Seems that and Lore tie-in ("IS this even a thing we can do with our story") are the current Hold Ups on the whole thing.

12 minutes ago, Zengrath said:

Well if it's similar to watch dogs 2 invasion mode it could be fun if done right and should have opt out but reward players who stay opted in.

Or, here me out.... there should be no reward so I don't feel obligated to stay opted in to a system I'm going to hate because it has a shiny prize hung around it's neck. At the very least it should be Opt in not Opt out, Opt out is generally a crutch for shady practices that companies hope you are too lazy to opt out of. 

You ever wonder why you suddenly have software on your computer that you don't remember installing? It's because you didn't go digging through two sub menus to opt out. Working as intended~.

Edited by Oreades

49 minutes ago, (PS4)ZERO_ghost90 said:

Are limbo or frost even used at this point?

Yes to both actually. Both have Primes and both are favored for different mission types. Limbo, despite his negative rep, is well liked in both Mobile Defense and Rescue missions, while Frost(who has never been hated as far as I know) is well liked in typical Defense missions.

OP, are you saying the DE staffs ACTUALLY PLAY  their game? hmmmmmm

/s

for real tho, stalker is pretty boring now since we got the focus school reworks and the amp upgrades after the plains update. the only challenging about stalker is when youre in a kuva flood and hes lvl80. at that situation he can actually take a breath and be alive for than 5 seconds. I remember when i was still new to the game, only playing solo, everytime the light flashes i get pretty nervous. i wanna have that feeling again. and this could be it. i dont mind griefing as long as the stalker actually gives challenge and has a "timer limit" to how long he can seach and kill you. so it wouldnt turn into a "oh ima kill you till the last minute so u lose all the progress" or "ima run around and will make you find me if u want war BPs" situations.

I still stand by the claim that it really wouldn't be bad at all.

With the right safeguards, worst case scenario you lose a revive after spending a minute or so fighting.  Time limits, automatic waypoints, a few stat adjustments, and the inability to affect Objectives would pretty much take care of about 90% of the issues people have with it.

The only issue I've seen brought up that doesn't have a pretty immediate solution is that PvP and PvE shouldn't mix, and that's just a very inflexible mentality. 

That would be fun, lol

However, they may already do that on the sly. I swear to god, somebody (or more than one) plays the Acolytes when that event comes around. My husband and I have both noticed they move and act completely different at times -- some of the time, they're "mechanical" in their actions/movements (coding) and some of the time it is definitely (or at least seems convincingly like) a person on the other end based on actions/movements.

Point 1: Remember what last time they did the Stalker mode happened on Prime Time, everyone already knew about it and noone was suprised. More then that they were even prepared.

Point 2: Who fears the current Stalker? Noone, and if he comes? Then we one shot him...

Point 3: Seriously, that guy needs upgrades, and if i say upgrades here a list to make him REALLY scary...:

-Stalker enters the map, the map turns foggy and more dark.

-Stalker is not always beeing stupid and just brute like charges forward attacks and makes himself an easy target. He sneaks around the players, maybe even bombarding them with some smoke grenades before attacking or anything else that disorientates them.

-Stalker can now Loki like turn invisible shortly and sneaks around

-Battlephases, first he is beeing more stealthy, as soon as he gets fatal damage he automatically deploys smoke/flashbang grenades so all players shortly loose track of him. He then teleports somewhere nearby but out of sight of the tenno beeing fully healed next time he attacks us. Phase 2, less stealthy still not direct confrontation mode and trys to isolate us attacks tennos that have lower armor/health and/or are further away from the others, killing them one by one. After beeing again fatally hit last Phase 3 starts. The Stalker going in aggressively with his War using charge forward attacks that knock down Tenno on his path (maybe even set the ground on his path on fire as well) and only if he is fatally hit then he retreats from the mission entirely.

Another interresting idea could be having him turn infested also and making him even more dangerous then ever. (You could imagine the toxin gas cloud attacks and other unfine things he could use against us as an infested)

Then and only then the Stalker could get feared a little bit more again for ones.

Yet... sure is nice having Rebecca or Megan beeing there for a little visit in your mission... if you like beeing hunted down and beeing killed by them (im sure there are some people out there that might have some... imaginations about that, and enjoy pain and such things who knows...)

6 hours ago, (PS4)ZERO_ghost90 said:

Are limbo or frost even used at this point?

Limbo still has fans and Frost will never not be good as long as he's so damn well rounded. Good damage, great utility, above average health, shields and armor. He's literally the "I'm taking this Defense/Excavation a little more seriously than normal" frame. Others can certainly fill in and be pushed further than he can but he's probably the best choice for carrying PUGs if you don't have pals to play with.

Edited by Beartornado

1 hour ago, Zavenosk said:

I would kinda prefer it if Stalker mode access was limited to Partners.

Partners dont mean anything anymore. Prime access is the same thing as what partners did. If DE hadve allowed PS4 a shot at partnership... I would be. Not because i want to 1up every tom, $&*^, and Harry in the game that isn't a partner... But because of excal prime.

Partners dont need anything else.

I don't see the point in Stalker Mode.  If DE really wanted to incorporate some level of PVP into their game outside of the conclave then they don't need to look any further than the Syndicates.  If player 1 has positive standing in syndicate that player 2 has very negative standing in then they should be able to hire player 1 to go after player 2 for more standing.  I'm sure it doesn't do anything to anyone that has max standing with their syndicates, but at least then we could use our own frames instead of trying to master Stalker.  (he has excalibur's powers right? because he is an excal with a cool helm?)

17 minutes ago, WRESinn said:

I don't see the point in Stalker Mode.  If DE really wanted to incorporate some level of PVP into their game outside of the conclave then they don't need to look any further than the Syndicates.  If player 1 has positive standing in syndicate that player 2 has very negative standing in then they should be able to hire player 1 to go after player 2 for more standing. 

From what I've heard it's going to be based on a new syndicate and function that way.

I for one wouldnt mind the squishy player controlled stalkers it fairly obvious when a stalker is coming whether for me or a teammate so I will enjoy setting up a healing specter then shooting the stalker as he is getting up off the floor then I will void mode to remove resistances and shoot them again right away.

I for one think stalker mode if they leave stalker as weak as he is will go the way of lunaro on consoles rarely played if ever.