Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Change "Mara Detron" To "Prisma Detron" For The Sake Of Continuity!

---DADDY---

1 minute ago, Atsia said:

I must ask how changing it to a prisma makes sense since they Mara and Prisma are absolutely different, aside from of course being an upgrade to a base weapon.

Please do explain the difference between Mara and Prisma, i've been playing for years and still can't tell.

1 minute ago, UseNet said:

Please do explain the difference between Mara and Prisma, i've been playing for years and still can't tell.

This.
Mara was the original sidegrade weapon that Baro sold when he first appeared years ago. Every weapon after that was prisma. Mara was obviously intended to be the first of a bunch of sidegrades but they switched out the name to prisma instead because it sounded better and was somewhat phonetically similar to "prime" making it somewhat more of a status symbol.

Just now, UseNet said:

This is not a bad idea imo. If there were some kind of difference between Mara and Prisma other then the name prefix being different, i'd say keep them seperated. But i can't see any reason for the Mara prefix to exist.

Yep. It's the odd one out and it's blatantly obvious that it IS a prisma weapon but with a different name. Even the energy texture is the same style as the one on prisma weapons, it's just lower quality.

A cursory search revealed to me that Mara is probably reference to the Sanskrit word Māra, meaning 'causing death' or 'killing'. Still doesn't excuse the lack of consistency between weapons. Though i'd say this is a non vital QoL change, it would also be an easy change for DE to implement.
nytDndV.jpg

Just now, UseNet said:

A cursory search revealed to me that Mara is probably reference to the Sanskrit word Māra, meaning 'causing death' or 'killing'. Still doesn't excuse the lack of consistency between weapons. Though i'd say this is a non vital QoL change, it would also be an easy change for DE to implement.
nytDndV.jpg

Yep. This.

it was likely intended to be another prefix for upgraded weapons, but as with so many things, DE kind of forgot about it, and Prisma weapons are probably easier to skin because people know Prisma weapons more than Mara ones. the Mara Detron's description claims it was used by Orokin-era smugglers, meaning it was used in a criminal manner and was likely carried illegally (I can't see the Orokin wanting their citizens to be armed, otherwise how would they keep control?)

personally I think Mara weapons should be a line of weapons once tied to organized crime within the system, maybe make each Mara gun appear as a custom weapon, carried by someone of a high  criminal standing, a proper gangster if you will. keep the Prefix to concealable weapons, like Pistols and Daggers: things criminals would actually use. I think a Mara Sheev would be appropriate, since it's a small, basic Knife, and like the Mara Detron, it's regular version is harder to get (only drops in parts from Zanuka). that way newer players who haven't got immediate access to the Sheev could get one with good stats. Sheev is just an exmple, but like I said, concealable weapons, pistols, daggers, maybe nunchaku as well, but no bigger than that.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

How about you take it to Ruud in fortuna Rename it to Prisma Detron an then color it grey and blue or jsut color it how ever you want and just rename it?

the weapon has lore it was used by orokin era smugglers to basically facilitate communications and terminate hostilities with people currently disagreeing with them violently with a radiation shotgun laser blast to the chest most likely 

If you get the reference i said then you get a internet cookie and my respect 

12 hours ago, seprent said:

the weapon has lore it was used by orokin era smugglers to basically facilitate communications and terminate hostilities with people currently disagreeing with them violently with a radiation shotgun laser blast to the chest most likely 

If you get the reference i said then you get a internet cookie and my respect 

I wonder who shot first.

15 hours ago, UseNet said:

One thing not many people know was that Mara was going to be a character in the original Dark Sector game (you see her character chart in the NoClip documentary).

Given the description of our Mara Detron, I can say it's likely an easter egg for a character who never was.