Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strun Wraith vs Corinth vs Boar Prime vs Hek/Vaykor Hek - which one is strongest?

Marakai

I know- Tigris Prime. But I don't have rank for it yet but I need a new primary shotgun for my Rhino Prime and I want to put formas on it and have a primary that will carry me for both level 3 sorties and Arbitrations and ESO.

So which one of those you would say is strongest: Strun Wraith vs Corinth vs Boar Prime vs Hek/Vaykor Hek

Disclaimer: No Rivens! I know Khom with Riven beats all but I do not have Riven and I don't like wind-up mechanics for weapons.

I'd vote corinth because it's pretty strong single target dmg with it's decent CD multi and the utility of the airburst or strun W with status build.

even with the CC, CD and punc with ammo max neg riven for my vaykor hek and I've basically shelved that as my go to crit shotty for the corinth ( but I also have a CC, CD and slash riven for that as well)

Hek with Augment/Vakyor Hek would be my picks in general. Boar Prime just falls behind even with Riven, haven't used Corinth much but when some of the stat power is passed over to the alt-fire it will impact the main fire, and Strun Wraith kinda falls towards Boar Prime from what I recall. (Being stuck in that middle ground between Kohm and non-autofire shotguns kinda sucks.)

Both Hek variants just pack so much punch in a satisfying way, and they can easily match up to high level enemies well.

• Like 2

Strun Wraith, if you can get it.

That thing is... scary strong. On the same playing field as the ol' Tiggy Prime if you can handle the reload. Though acquiring it is a pain in the ass, so that might be why it's not on your list. 

Out of the available options, I'd go with the Corinth, mostly because it's the one I have most experience with. Though it does possess some good options - it's not necessarily the best in terms of raw power, but it does have CC and AoE options which give it advantages over other shotties in terms of utility.

• Like 4

I'd go with the Corinth.

Since it's good for using Hunter Munition it's basically the Tigris Primes little sister.

It's secondary fire gives you another option to make things go boom, so it doesn't get boring as fast.

And as for personal preference, the Corinth has teh sweetest sound design of all shotguns.

• Like 1

Is there a particular reason you’re gravitating around those specific shotguns? I’m not entirely sure why you’d omit the Arca Plasmor from consideration given it’s the same MR requirement as the Strun Wraith, as an example.

There are a fairly large amount of shotguns, I’d advise you against leaving some out just for the sake of it, and try all of the ones within your mastery rank range. 

I personally found a few I didn’t really like, even though they fit the normal ‘mould’ of shotguns I’d enjoy - the Corinth falls into this category. Similarly the Astilla - but in either case I’d never have known if I hadn’t tried them for myself. 

Conversely, I actually found I prefer a couple of the Secondary weapons that are shotgun-styled to the majority of actual Primary slot Shotguns.

I don't have any experience with the Corinth (gonna fix that) but between thr Boar Prime, Strun Wraith and Hek/Vaykor Hek I would. definitely suggest the Heks. The Strun Wraith with status is nice but doesn't do nearly the damage a Hek does. I have a decent riven for the Hek and that thing just blasts everything. Plus I LOVE the sound of the Hek. 

Gotta get the Corinth. 

14 minutes ago, z3us32610 said:

The Strun Wraith with status is nice but doesn't do nearly the damage a Hek does. I have a decent riven for the Hek and that thing just blasts everything. Plus I LOVE the sound of the Hek.

Not bashing you...

I have never understood why people proceed to stack status chance on weapons with alot of it to begin with.

I use maybe (maybe)1 dual stat mod to raise status and the rest is damage and crit/crit mods.

...Everybody has their own way of building though.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Of the ones you named, I use the Wraith most.

If you haven't used the Arca it would be the one I would suggest (even though it isn't listed)

Arca is good point, I should have mention it, sorry.

So how Arca would be placed among those?

25 minutes ago, Marakai said:

Arca is good point, I should have mention it, sorry.

So how Arca would be placed among those?

at the top

...most likely.

Someone could definitely argue otherwise though.

What's important to note is that any of those weapons will carry you through the content you named.

There would be a bit of variance of course but all of them could do it.

I am a Strun fan though so that's what I would pick amongst your options (I really want to like Corinth but it's just not a fit).

Edited by Padre_Akais
"s and e's are important stuff

The Strun wraith and the Khom with a riven are superior to every other shotgun in the game. The Corinth  has reload and firerate that are ridiculous slow  , it is only good for the secondary fire. Its main damage is not slash and you will need Hunter munitions wasting a mod for power.

You need a very good roll with +fire rate%  for the Corinth to be usable (+arcane tempo) and if you want  raw power you take the Tigris prime not the Corinth.

The Arca plasmor is the Arca plasmor, powerful, innate punch through , large projectiles... the only downside are the short range and the low riven disposition.

The phage with a riven is also broken...

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Padre_Akais said:

Not bashing you...

I have never understood why people proceed to stack status chance on weapons with alot of it to begin with.

I use maybe (maybe)1 dual stat mod to raise status and the rest is damage and crit/crit mods.

...Everybody has their own way of building though.

Because your enemies are below level 60.

Corinth is probably the best crit based shotgun out of those. Pretty fun to use, although the alt-fire takes some getting used to. Good for stuff up to like level 80-100.

Boar Prime is the best status one out of those. It's probably the only other primary shotgun that can reasonably be used for super endgame content other than the Tigris Prime. 5 riven disposition is just the icing on the cake. ❤️ 

Honorable mention: Sobek with the [Acid Shells] augment is neat for clearing out low-mid level enemies in slews. Although, not particularly good against high levels.

Edited by NeopetsMaster4432

42 minutes ago, NeopetsMaster4432 said:

Corinth is probably the best crit based shotgun out of those. Pretty fun to use, although the alt-fire takes some getting used to.
Boar Prime is the best status one out of those. It's probably the only other shotgun that can reasonably be used for super endgame content other than the Tigris Prime.

Honorable mention: Sobek with the [Acid Shells] augment is neat for clearing out low-mid level enemies in slews. Although, not particularly good against high levels.

Crit based weapons are good if you have a decent rate of fire. The corinth is #*!%ing slow and can't reach 100% crit chance even with a riven so it' pretty incoherent with his damage.

If we take the pure weapons without rivens the corinth has a burst damage of 972 and a sustained damage of 632 the Tigris prime 3422 and 1225 of SLASH DAMAGE. The corynth has 12% status chance, the tigris  30%...

Edited by bibmobello

2 hours ago, z3us32610 said:

The Strun Wraith with status is nice but doesn't do nearly the damage a Hek does. I have a decent riven for the Hek and that thing just blasts everything. Plus I LOVE the sound of the Hek. 

Hek's sound's pretty subjective, but I use Status on the Strun for scaling. Thing strips armour so fast. Or, if dealing with Corpus, it can take out most in one, maybe two bodyshots, not to mention headshots. It's a very potent option. Although if this thread has demonstrated anything, it's that most shotguns are a very potent option in Warframe.

If we're going to allow synergies though, combine a Strun Wraith shot with a Redeemer blast for pretty much an instant kill against... pretty much anything that's not a boss fight. Seriously, even the Jackals in Fortuna up to a pretty high level. Pretty sure the only thing that stops it oneshotting Sycto Raknoids is the Invincibility period and the status immunity for Kytas. And it saves ammo which is nice for Strun Wraith's reload. It's basically the Glaive Prime combo with more power but much less range (since the glaive prime uses the Zakti and, well, Glaive Prime which don't have falloff like the Strun and Redeemer do.) I eagerly await Redeemer Prime to take this combo even further beyond, not that it honestly really needs it. That combo tops even my Tigris Prime in terms of power. Though I haven't put that much effort into it, so take that with a pinch of salt.

If you can acquire a riven for the strun wraith it quIcily achieves over 40% crit and 100% corrosive with over 15k damage in corrosive, making it one shot a level 130 corrupted heavy gunner. Similarly, a kohm with a decent riven is undeniably the best weapon in the game currently. 

• Like 1