The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's time for me to turn off Warframe and live my life.

Space0ddity

I didn't come to this game unaware of how grindy it is. I didn't know what was going on but I had a damn good time of it and I don't regret it.

But after 2 years of waiting for it to happen, it never did. Warframe never went on to be popular among my IRL friends and peers, never achieved more than labor of love, and never relented from it's extreme grindwalls.

And this orb heist update was the straw that broke the camel's back. Nothing in this update can be experienced until you grind through at least 20 hours of vallis bounties. Nothing.

I'm not here to take a second job.

I can't play a game so insecure of itself, that the only way it thinks it can stay alive is by dangling a fancy gun behind countless hours of grind in the hopes players stick around. Nor can I justify it to my friends or peers or accept myself for reccomending it to them.

I don't want to be disappointed in my most played game. I can't justify a game where ivara levels of grindwall block absolutely everything, and where the community is so shallow that they complain about noggles of all the things in the world.

See ya later, spaceninja. 

I'll be back at least a half year from now, or whenever DE starts being self-assured. If this game's devs are as godly as we think they are, I hope one day they can remove these massive grindwalls and buff droprates from 0.01% averages to 10%.

Because if things were that sweet, I probably would never have made this post.

Edited by Space0ddity
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

If you expect this game to be less grind half a year from now, then you might as well not come back at all. Grind is the basis for this game, that's how most F2P games like this survive 

I can't even introduce my best friend to the game because I can't figure out a way for him to progress at any reasonable rate.

It took me 2 years to get to MR11.

My RL friends and I call this the Warframe Cycle:

Install Warframe, Make it your life for 6-8 month. Burn out and leave for another 6-8 months. Hear about some new update. Repeat.

The game is at it's funnest when you can bounce around between several things, never disappointed that you aren't making the best progress on that thing you want because you are still making progress on *some* thing. If you feel like bailing at this point because the one thing you are interested in is too far off to be worth it, I won't blame you.

Anyway, enjoy the sunshine and Fresh Air! And maybe we'll see you again three new 'frames later and when New War is out.

Edited by Foefaller
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Space0ddity said:

And this orb heist update was the straw that broke the camel's back. Nothing in this update can be experienced until you grind through at least 20 hours of vallis bounties

Have you ever tried Tridolon with randoms? The odds of a inexperienced low level without any relevant gear joining your squad is almost a gurantee, this '20 hours of bounties' grindwall you mentioned is meant to act as a filter to reduce the amount of frustration high levels who spent time preparing had to endure because of those low levels

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Foefaller said:

My RL friends and I call this the Warframe Cycle:

Install Warframe, Make it your life for 6-8 month. Burn out and leave for another 6-8 months. Hear about some new update. Repeat.

The game is at it's funnest when you can bounce around between several things, never disappointed that you aren't making the best progress on that thing you want because you are still making progress on *some* thing.

Anyway, enjoy the sunshine and Fresh Air! And maybe we'll see you again three new 'frames later and when New War is out.

Nice to see a smile that doesnt feel forced on here, I'm planning to do just that.

26 minutes ago, Space0ddity said:

And this orb heist update was the straw that broke the camel's back. Nothing in this update can be experienced until you grind through at least 20 hours of vallis bounties. Nothing.

Oh boo hoo. You can't get everything handed to you on a sliver platter. You have to put time and effort in the game, heavens forbid.

Really have to wonder if all the people throwing tantrums are the ones that parroted "content drought" as well.

Edited by LupisV0lk
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Space0ddity said:

I can't even introduce my best friend to the game because I can't figure out a way for him to progress at any reasonable rate.

If it took 2 years to get mr11 with constant playing it means you were doing something wrong, big time. And if you can't help your friend - again your fault. I got my friend started and helping him out and there's no problems at all and it goes quite smooth because I know what he should be doing and I lead the way for him. Don't blame game for your lack of skill and knowledge. 

Anyhow, why are you posting this? This ain't facebook or instagram.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Space0ddity said:

I didn't come to this game unaware of how grindy it is. I didn't know what was going on but I had a damn good time of it and I don't regret it.

But after 2 years of waiting for it to happen, it never did. Warframe never went on to be popular among my IRL friends and peers, never achieved more than labor of love, and never relented from it's extreme grindwalls.

I'm not here to take a second job.

I can't play a game so insecure of itself, that the only way it thinks it can stay alive is by dangling a fancy gun behind countless hours of grind in the hopes players stick around. Nor can I justify it to my friends or peers or accept myself for reccomending it to them.

I don't want to be disappointed in my most played game. I can't justify a game where ivara levels of grindwall block absolutely everything, and where the community is so shallow that they complain about noggles of all the things in the world.

See ya later, spaceninja. 

I'll be back at least a half year from now, or whenever DE starts being self-assured. If this game's devs are as godly as we think they are, I hope one day they can remove these massive grindwalls and buff droprates from 0.01% averages to 10%.

Because if things were that sweet, I probably would never have made this post.

Boo!

2 hours ago, Space0ddity said:

2 years to get to MR 11? ... Not sure if I should laugh or cry. This problem your facing right now certainly isn't a fault with DE.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

Oh boo hoo. You can't get everything handed to you on a sliver platter. You have to put time and effort in the game, heavens forbid.

Really have to wonder if all the people throwing tantrums are the ones that parroted "content drought" as well.

I feel OP is coming from a place of honesty.  I’ve largely had a “failure to launch” with Fortuna.  

I just maxxed Madurai Void Strike to seriously tackle Tridolons, which are old hat.  And now suddenly I need another 3 million focus to unlock the 2 Waybound in Madurai.

I’m MR25 and slowly see my peers pulling away and I play daily.  But I have family and a career that come first.

And don’t fault a player for not boat racing to a high MR in 6 months.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 4

I can understand the ops problems because the game is based on grind but there is a level when you say bye because the game wont become human enough to care the players and their achievements. On the other hand the game can only survive in this shady way because this game is grind based, basically you can drop the game after the introduction because the game cannot give you normal story or interesting characters yet despite the devs try to move on this way too. The whole game is a grindfest and you just grind for the next items and this cycle never ends so you cannot really expect other from this game. This is not a baldurs gate 1-2 where you make your own heroes own class and go on a nice way of story and side quests.

This game is for pure grind and for pure fun so if you feel the slice and mice enemies is not enough for you then you really must go and never come back. I personally survive this kind of games because I am not a hard grinder  so I can do a lot of stuff. I play multiple games and I like the sandbox nature of this game but it has flaws and this game is needs more new maps, variations, better character progression and some qol changes to become more enjoyable.

I am here for a long time and still find a lot of stuffs to do or just redo and make experience.

I personally suggest you to make some break but don't drop the game forever. This game gets new contents and some will easier than other so maybe you can get items if you just not directly try to get a specific item. Also this game is good for making friends and there are a lot of new players whom willing to play with experienced players.

Edited by Sziklamester
  • Like 2

Come on people....this is a fellow player that is not here to cry but to express himself so others that might be in the same feels as him know it is okay to leave for a while. Sometimes in order to get the courage to do something, you need someone else to do the same to show you the way.

Wish you well in your endeavors and good to hear you attempted to get your RL friends into the game. I may see where you went wrong with that....you tried to show him how to grind things out instead of the intricate details that many a player finds and stays with. Show him the Frames and how they range from a half ton of muscle so powerful that it can shatter time and space with a stomp to a light and floaty pixie that makes her enemies light headed and can transform into a fairy of flight and fire. 

Bring them along to witness the finesse of doing SPY missions as a total stealth adventure to going loud and fast through a EXTERMINATE mission to see bodies flying and lights sparking with flashes of particles all over. Let them find the peacefulness of fishing a few hours away tying to just relax and talk with you after a session of Captura the newest cosmetics you have. 

Build a DOJO masterpiece that makes things in Minecraft look like Legos. Learn something new about the developer as they branch out from the concept they had of Dark Sectors to what it is today. 

Remind yourself of what it is that YOU liked about the game that you took your way of playing and what you really want from this piece of human interaction tech. Once you know and have that as a part of your mindset, come on back and do things for you when you want instead of feeling it is a job. That is one of the things players forget- have fun and play. 

Do your thing in your real world break and either come back when you are ready or stay away and know you did play a game like this once in your lifetime. Either way.....

Play on....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

Sometimes in order to get the courage to do something, you need someone else to do the same to show you the way.

The courage to... stop playing a video game.

Yeah.

Sorry, but that's not really enough to earn my sympathy.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

Sometimes in order to get the courage to do something, you need someone else to do the same to show you the way.

Its a video game. Not cocaine. Its not difficult to leave for awhile and come back later. I'm still not sure why he felt the need to come here to announce it though. Its really not the end of the world.

• Like 2

Il y a 3 heures, Space0ddity a dit :

Nice to see a smile that doesnt feel forced on here, I'm planning to do just that.

Tbh dude i normally dismiss "i leave and feel the need to inform everyone" topics entirely but you have one damn good point. 

Il y a 3 heures, Space0ddity a dit :

I can't play a game so insecure of itself, that the only way it thinks it can stay alive is by dangling a fancy gun behind countless hours of grind in the hopes players stick around. 

^ this. 

I still play because i love the game but damn that hits the right places. 

See you again (hopefully) tenno.