Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have ppl changed their minds? (new pvp mode)

I've posted this a while ago and people didn't receive it well, so I figured that maybe thoughts about it have changed. Please have and open mind and read all/ most of it before you critique this idea.

Maps are Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis (future open world maps) with 32 and 64 players.

Players are given random owned warframe with personalized colors and accessories (DE Megan might want to change her color schemes for this game mode though) 

Players start in space/ low orbit when their arcwing malfunctions and they fall to earth/ venus and land wherever they want.

Start off no mods, no weapons

pick up weapons around map, specific weapons per game

- weapons rank up longer you have it

find companions in grineer camps (kubrows or cavats) or corpus bases (sentinels) 

get mods from killing npcs

-almost all npcs drop mods

-mods not effecting dmg drop more (ie zoom, reload, recoil)

-grineer and corpus drop warframe or weapon mods

-animals drop companion mods

find fishing spears and mining tools near water and rocks

-fishing gives fish to eat and regain health

-mining gives endo to rank up mods

rank up mods and get ammo at current ammo pick ups

faster day/ night cycle

eidolons and giant spiders spawn during night

-players within area surrounding eidolon/ spider can't get hurt by other players

-eidolon either doesn't teleport or players have a timer to get back within area when it does teleport and it has a marker where it's at.

game starts at current day/ night cycle

play area shrinks with day/ night cycle

-maybe play area divides into multiple circles to fight and opens back up when half of people die

-all akolytes try to kill you outside play area

-drop their respective mods

-get stronger as play area shrinks

-abilities don't work on them unless you're outside of play area (no cheating)

longer you stay alive, more stuff you get to keep in game

-50% survivors keep 50%

-75% keep 75%

-top 3 players / teams get multipliers to stuff

-teams max at 4 players
any other ideas?

4 minutes ago, (XB1)MajorJohnson92 said:

Just saying "no" doesn't validate your reason why you dislike it.

The fact that this exact idea was recently brought up and the literal dozens like it beforehand and the backlash it has received should tell you plenty.  Bringing the exact same proposal at a different date will not alter the outcome.  You enjoy repeating yourself.  I don't. 

Nyet 

• Like 1

So, the TL;DR of this is "WARFRAME BATTLE ROYALE". To which my TL;DR is: NO.

People already have the battle royales that they have invested time and money in, they're not gonna drop them for "another game jumping on the bandwagon". Plus, PvP in Warframe is on life support, please let it die. Plus, Warframe seems to be prone to collapsing with just 4 players in a game, it would take a ridiculous amount of investment to make it stable enough for a 64 player PvP mode, investment which could be used to give us soooooooooooooo much more content rather than just a pathetic, trend-chasing flop.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, (XB1)MajorJohnson92 said:

so I figured that maybe thoughts about it have changed

Based on what reasoning? You obviously haven't done a search, and nothing has changed in the PvP of the game.

There's literally no logical way you should have "figured" thoughts have changed.

No.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, (XB1)MajorJohnson92 said:

Maps are Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis (future open world maps) with 32 and 64 players.

And how would this be hosted?
DE doesn't want to use servers as of right now.
So there would be one host then. Yeah, that would be great. ^^

6 minutes ago, (XB1)MajorJohnson92 said:

Sure there are a lot of battle royal games (3 maybe 4 popular ones) but are they doing bad?

They're not, because they use dedicated servers with engines intended for that many players. Warframe's engine was designed for 4 players and is P2P. Imagine how bad it'd be with 8-16x the players like you're asking for.

Also, people don't come to Warframe looking for a Battle Royale mode. Shoving in "game-mode-of-the-month" to quickly boost player counts is a horrible idea and Warframe will get by without it.

When an idea has the letters PvP in it I will never change my mind about it or support it... If I want to PvP I'll go play a PvP oriented game. Most of the time having both PvP and PvE in the same game means the balancing becomes an endless tug of war as the devs try to keep both sides happy

18 minutes ago, (XB1)MajorJohnson92 said:

Sure there are a lot of battle royal games (3 maybe 4 popular ones) but are they doing bad?

I have no idea what the popularity level of battle royales is atm, but even if they were the most popular thing on earth doesn't mean every game should be turned into one or have a battle royal mode on the side.

Edited by Leyvonne
typos

6 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

So, the TL;DR of this is "WARFRAME BATTLE ROYALE". To which my TL;DR is: NO.

People already have the battle royales that they have invested time and money in, they're not gonna drop them for "another game jumping on the bandwagon". Plus, PvP in Warframe is on life support, please let it die. Plus, Warframe seems to be prone to collapsing with just 4 players in a game, it would take a ridiculous amount of investment to make it stable enough for a 64 player PvP mode, investment which could be used to give us soooooooooooooo much more content rather than just a pathetic, trend-chasing flop.

Thank you for an actual reason why it would be a bad idea. I do agree that they would have to beef up their servers for this.

NO... IF, and I don't, wanted to play a battle royale game (which this idea is essentially) I would go play a game DESIGNED to be played as a battle royale, in the same way that if I wanted to play PvP I would go play a game designed for PvP. 

Warframe is designed around PvE with a poorly thought out/designed PvP mode tacked on which hardly anyone wants to play.  Lets just stop with all the non PvE type 'game modes' shall we.

Sure if they can do it, but the game currently struggling to work with only 4 player with p2p connection

So technically even if they wanna do it theres many limitation and lol imagine the bugs

and tenno killing eachother for no reason seem weird

and if they do add battle royal i want my grinner tanks vs corpus mechs enduring confrontation capture the flag time trial race too

54 minutes ago, (XB1)MajorJohnson92 said:

Just saying "no" doesn't validate your reason why you dislike it.

1) the netcode couldn't handle it.

2) conclave is only considered "fun" by a very small minority of the playerbase and there are more productive things de could be doing with their time, that would make more people happy.

3) it would lag like nobody's business because the netcode couldn't handle it.

4) of all the other things warframe should not try to be, fartnite is high on that list. Two totally different games with totally different audiences. The game is not, and as a pve centered game should not be, balanced for pvp.

5) look at how many people dont want this every single time this topic comes up.

6) the netcode couldn't handle it.

7) de would have to choose between making "meh" rewards for the activity that people would complain are not good enough or making good rewards and people complaining about being "forced to play pop.

8 ) NO.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, (XB1)MajorJohnson92 said:

Thank you for an actual reason why it would be a bad idea. I do agree that they would have to beef up their servers for this.

That is the understatement of the year. The game is p2p network based. Switching from p2p, which works fine, to a dedicated server farm after the game is released, is something I dont remember any developer ever doing.

And when you're talking about dedicated servers that can handle THAT MANY people at once, that is another undertaking.

This is like going to a McDonalds and asking them to build a pizza hut, inside the mcdonalds.