Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Prime Vigor?

HawkOverHK

I was just thinking as I just got to day 200 and chose Primed Vigor the dual mod which gives 220% Shields and Health for the space of a normal Redirection or Vitality. thing is it costs 1 mod slot and gives lower amount then Vitality and Redirection with or without a forma.... Should it not give more as not a max Vitality gives (Rank 8 ) gives +360% health and takes only 10 space or 5 with forma same with redirection so tell me should Vigor and Primed Vigor be buffed? Yes or No?

Edited by HawkOverHK
Spelling grammer
  • Like 2

I suppose it should be an exact double of what Vigor is, which happens to be 120% health/shield and maybe Primed Vigor should be 240% health/shield, but I don't think you need anything more than that.

It's just another mod that you can either use, or go without. You can go like me, and run Vitality, and Primed Vigor on certain frames that really need that bit extra boost in health.

It's a variety thing so you're not completely stuck with just 1 mod that adds health, or shields. In this ones case, it does both, but having a draw back. Like He said above, it'd make the other 2 obsolete. 

Yea but the ways of getting normal Vigor or Primed Vigor takes a bit to long so shouldn't Vigor have at least a better chance of getting it? Primed Vigor is choice but it shouldn't just give 220% like maybe a little higher then 220% on max maybe a little less then 300? like 280%?

Just now, Alcatraz said:

I suppose it should be an exact double of what Vigor is, which happens to be 120% health/shield and maybe Primed Vigor should be 240% health/shield, but I don't think you need anything more than that.

It's just another mod that you can either use, or go without. You can go like me, and run Vitality, and Primed Vigor on certain frames that really need that bit extra boost in health.

It's a variety thing so you're not completely stuck with just 1 mod that adds health, or shields. In this ones case, it does both, but having a draw back. Like He said above, it'd make the other 2 obsolete. 

That's what I've been thinking whether to put Primed Vigor in place of shields or not at all and take two mod slots for mods that give better stats

6 minutes ago, HawkOverHK said:

That's what I've been thinking whether to put Primed Vigor in place of shields or not at all and take two mod slots for mods that give better stats

If you don't care about min/maxing, then use whatever combo makes you happier. Really optimized builds rarely use more than a single survival mod, and in that situation, there aren't really any situations where you aren't better off using something other than Primed Vigor. But not everyone wants to theory craft and build that way. I'd say honestly primed vigor would be of practical use only on warframes with fairly balanced base health and shields, or for tacking on in addition to vitality on frames with high base health where you want it even higher. You could even use it to take a high base shield frame even higher than redirection as well if that's your thing.

Basically, build it how you want. Outside of a few really organized activities, nobody cares, and nobody else can see the mod screen but you.

On low armor frames that can achieve high amounts of damage reduction (aka Nova), Primed Vigor is preferred as shields regenerate and you have additional health for damage types that bypass shields. As noted, Primed Vigor is still +440% total so it's simply a side grade not an upgrade, but it is superior in certain situations.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

On low armor frames that can achieve high amounts of damage reduction (aka Nova), Primed Vigor is preferred as shields regenerate and you have additional health for damage types that bypass shields. As noted, Primed Vigor is still +440% total so it's simply a side grade not an upgrade, but it is superior in certain situations.

+440%? its 220 for shield then 220 for health. 😕

2 hours ago, HawkOverHK said:

I was just thinking as I just got to day 200 and chose Primed Vigor the dual mod which gives 220% Shields and Health for the space of a normal Redirection or Vitality. thing is it costs 1 mod slot and gives lower amount then Vitality and Redirection with or without a forma.... Should it not give more as not a max Vitality gives (Rank 8 ) gives +360% health and takes only 10 space or 5 with forma same with redirection so tell me should Vigor and Primed Vigor be buffed? Yes or No?

if you need more health use the full set of umbra mod +health 770% and P.vigor and another 180% HP from (i forgot the name of the mod)

On inarus you can reach 8.7k HP

4 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Nova's damage reduction does not apply to her shields.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I'm pretty sure Nova's DR from her 1 doesn't apply to shield, only to health. Primed Vigor would be a poor choice on her, you should max health and use a way to regen health (arcanes, Furis, melee, ...)

Edited by Tatann

Just now, Tatann said:

I'm pretty Nova's DR from her 1 doesn't apply on shield, only on health. Primed Vigor would be a poor choice on her, you should max health and use a way to regen health (arcanes, Furis, melee, ...)

Iirc DR isn’t like armor and should apply to her shields. You can do fine without hp on her even, QT or adaptation or both plus one of her augments for her 1st is more than enough, she’s pretty tanky

4 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

Iirc DR isn’t like armor and should apply to her shields. You can do fine without hp on her even, QT or adaptation or both plus one of her augments for her 1st is more than enough, she’s pretty tanky

From the wiki :

• Particle damage reduction can stack up to 90% and does not reduce damage to Nova's Shields.

So no, it doesn't apply to shield, but it works with QT

I build her with 850 HP (2 Umbra mods) and Adaptation, and 307% duration for 90% DR from her 1. I feel as tanky as Inaros or Chroma, but everyone in a 95m radius is 4 times slower and takes double damage

I think just tuning down the cost would be fine. It's a little ridiculous when you consider that 2 Primed Vigor is 32 cost and does the exact same thing as Redirection + Vitality but that only costs 26. Obviously, you can't have two Vigors equipped but it's a little strange that you have such a wild gap in cost for the same slot and effect. It's like paying $5 for a Hot Dog + Drink Combo but a Drink and Hot Dog costs $2 separately.

Edited by RX-3DR

I don't get why would anyone even build Nova to be tanky when you have Molecular Prime.

Maybe for niche Speed Nova builds?

I don't see any other reason when you could use the other slots to minmax for more duration or efficiency or strength beyond the cap for an Antimatter nuke hybrid build.

10 minutes ago, kgabor said:

I don't get why would anyone even build Nova to be tanky when you have Molecular Prime.

Maybe for niche Speed Nova builds?

I don't see any other reason when you could use the other slots to minmax for more duration or efficiency or strength beyond the cap for an Antimatter nuke hybrid build.

Because build diversity ?

Because some people don't know how to avoid damage ?

Because it's funny to revive a fallen Rhino while face-tanking with a Nova ?

Because people like different things ?

Or because "why would anyone max efficiency when we have Zenurik/arcanes ? My way of thinking is the trve one" ?

Edited by Tatann
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 1ivay1 said:

What makes it crap is that it boosts shields.. Really, who uses shields? 

We all use them, since you don't get a choice in the matter with most 'frames. 

They're there and that's that. 

Also, some 'frames DR abilities do extend to shields, and that can make them quite useful indeed. 

They are the weakest link in the defense matrix (and that should be addressed), but they do contribute and more layers is more good. 

1 minute ago, Sloan441 said:

We all use them, since you don't get a choice in the matter with most 'frames. 

They're there and that's that. 

Also, some 'frames DR abilities do extend to shields, and that can make them quite useful indeed. 

They are the weakest link in the defense matrix (and that should be addressed), but they do contribute and more layers is more good. 

Having them on your frame and seeing shields as a form of defence are completely different.. End-game, shields don't matter, at all. 

• Like 1

Just now, 1ivay1 said:

Having them on your frame and seeing shields as a form of defence are completely different.. End-game, shields don't matter, at all. 

You're wrong, but the math isn't my strong suit. It's out there if you want to look. 

Anecdotally, you'll find even high level enemies hard pressed to break a tank Trinity's shields--and it's because of stacked DR abilities. 

4 minutes ago, 1ivay1 said:

If your definition of end-game is what I think it is, health and armor don't matter either. Invisibility is the best defense.

• Like 1