Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

people are sleeping on the phantasma

(PSN)tissot555

38 minutes ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

The gun is freaking awesome. I've seen some popular youtubers completely underestimate how powerful this gun can be, and with a riven forget about it. The secondary fire is a blast and has great CC utility. Man, I think this is my new fav.

Awesome weapon.

I like that I don't see folks using it constantly though...Good sign it's not so powerful that it kills diversity.

• Like 1

I call the phantasma my "Fart Gun" I blast enemies with my brown coloured Blast and Corrosive Diarrhoea with sound to match.

It adds new meaning to "sh*tting on someone".

once seen, it now cannot be unseen.

Edited by Priamos
  • Like 1

dont think its undervalued i think people just prefer something else, its essentially a held weapon and a bunch of people aren't into that. 

but yea i had a DM/MS/Neg riven for this (which sold for a buttload cus it was fairly early after it came out) and it was decimating af 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

The gun is freaking awesome. I've seen some popular youtubers completely underestimate how powerful this gun can be, and with a riven forget about it. The secondary fire is a blast and has great CC utility. Man, I think this is my new fav.

Popular youtubers weapons evaluation is pretty poor in general unless that is specifically what they do videos on...
Most of them are good for info (compiling from dev-stream etc.)and because they are entertaining, but I can tell you that I'll never go to Shy or Potato for a weapons evaluation because frankly, I think some of their evaluations and loadouts are pretty poor. Mostly as they need to do vids on weapons as they are released and therefore they don't have time to really get to know a weapon inside and out. 

• Like 1

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Karu-QW:

No one is underestimating it. People were buying tons of Rivens when it came out. It's one of the best primaries in the game.

haha, thats surely an indicator for the strength of a weapon 😀

People start buying rivens for something the moment there could be the closest sign of a prime/prisma coming (a sign of potential profit)

A pixelish (maybe fake) photo of a monitor showing chroma with some sort of a Melee weapon that looks like a rapier was enough so people started buying and selling Rivens for Destreza AND Endura for high prices although nobody knew anything about it:

"Is the next prime weapon Destreza or Endura?"

"is it maybe a complete new weapon?"

"is it maybe not a melee at all?"

"might the Image be fake?"

"I dont care!!!! Gimme those Rivens!! 300p each! I NEED IT NOW!!!!"

Ps: Guess how many people still play the Destreza now or want to buy Rivens for that 😛

10 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Nobody overlooked its strength, it's just not a fun gun to use and that generally carries more weight, especially in a game where balance is oh so very broken. 

i guess youre entitled to an opinion, but to me its one of the funnest guns in the game. using both fire modes effectively makes for some really exciting game play. Not to mention how you can drop a bomb on a group of enemies to load them up with status and then mow them down with your melee. I'll just go out on a limb here and assume you are a super boring, unimaginative player that just runs around meleeing everything 

hace 1 hora, (PS4)tissot555 dijo:

i guess youre entitled to an opinion, but to me its one of the funnest guns in the game. using both fire modes effectively makes for some really exciting game play. Not to mention how you can drop a bomb on a group of enemies to load them up with status and then mow them down with your melee. I'll just go out on a limb here and assume you are a super boring, unimaginative player that just runs around meleeing everything 

Or you are just the type of player that is useless because is using "having fun" builds ... depend of the perspective i guess .

1 hour ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

Or maybe they just don't like the gun?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, VoadorHolandes said:

It's phantastic. It's a beam weapon that fires projectiles and fully benefits from multishot. It and magnetize is probably the most op combo there is.

Not only that, but a Punchthrough+Raw damage+Combustion Beam setup can just decimate whole groups of enemies. Once you get that first kill, it set off a chain reaction that ends up with a lot of dead enemies. Unfortunately, that build is non too popular with Nekros farmers, since it destroys the bodies.

good stats, but

1. the model looks bad

2. the gun sounds bad when it shoots. Would not be surprised it at tennocon they revealed that they just wetfarted into the mic for it's sound design.

3. the gun is pretty low range, but not in the way pellet shotguns have falloff, it just has a point where the beam stops.

4. alt fire is pretty gimmicky from experience; the seeking projectiles often do not seek whatsoever or just collide with terrain, and direct hits do very little damage. also it has a windup which is also annoying to use on an altfire button

• Like 1