Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who is this lady talking in my orbiter and how do I betray the Lotus to join her?

Gabbynaru

What if Nora is margulis we only hear about her execution never see it and she also started the transferance thing so maybe she used it on another body that was made to look like her then transfered out just as the jade light fired and went into hiding watching over us and now needs to come back now that the lotus... Sorry Natah has abandoned us

I've transcribed the messages i've gotten so far.

Spoiler

It can be tough as a kid. All sorts of people have it over you. People will kill you inside, kill you and forget your name. You grow up. They grow old. You remember. They don't. They just keep doing what they've always done. Only to someone else. Then, one day, they call you friend. And you wait. You wait 'til they can't trust any more than they do. And then you ask them if they enjoyed their dinner. And, looking into their panicked eyes as they gasp their last, you tell them your name. And you nod. "Yeah," your eyes say to theirs. "That was me." And then you leave. And the system is a better place. Be smart, Dreamers.

Spoiler

Acts of defiance, acts of generosity, acts of sacrifice... this is how we turn this system 'round. I'll take you there, Dreamers. I'll bring you back.

Spoiler

Hey there, Dreamers. You hearin' me? I know you are. No need to say anythin'. A hand in yours, a voice for the speechless, a bedtime story for the sleepless. The name's Nora Night, and I got somethin' to say, sweet things. Nightwave is coming.

Spoiler

Nora here. The Red King is at the dance. But listen, as you drift between the stars Nora wants you to know you ain't alone. Mm-mm. We're all of us kinda family out here, ain't we? All of us. The multitudes. Driftin' and listenin'. But you need to remember: it never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. It never. Troubles. The Wolf.

Spoiler

A voice in the night, a half-remembered dream, rising to the surface of your consciousness, from backbrain to forebrain, a sound to a vision, pullin' up and... knockity,knock. Hello, Dreamers. Let's get to know each other.

Spoiler

Hey there, Dreamers. The Devil is home and shades are up. That's right... it's just you and me, passin' each other slow and with a sayin' all that needs sayin'. I'm Nora Night, sayin'... you live with the wolves you better act like one.

Spoiler

In a world like this, it can be hard to have hope, when the man owns the system and the system serves to save the man, from us. But I'm here, Dreamers. To help you pierce that false fog. We'll chase it away with acts of beauty and, succeed or fail, face the foe eyes open. As someone once said: If nothing saves us from death, may love at least save us from life.

Spoiler

An echo from long ago. 'For ten years I have been polishing this sword. Its frosty edge has never been put to the test. Now, I am holding it and showing it to you, sir: Is there anyone suffering from injustice?' Keep livin', Dreamers.

Edited by xMdb
  • Like 1

Um, anyone seen this? Channel on Youtube named "Nightwave Radio" that was started on Feb 13, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsPsZ1pnJRFufSpPF-s1A_A/featured

Channel description is:

NIGHTWAVE RADIO 24/7 HYPE MUSIC STREAM Nightwave Radio

Multistreaming with https://restream.io/ #NIGHTWAVE #RADIO #247 Welcome to the VAPOR HYPE SYSTEM LOADED ALPHA Ver 0.1 Uptime: 0 days EST 2016 #MUSIC #LIVE #STREAM #VAPORWAVE #SYNTHWAVE #ED...

Currently broadcasting live, and two saved vids.

Created 13 Feb, that CAN'T be coincidence...can it?

Edited by Aurauk

10 minutes ago, Aurauk said:

Um, anyone seen this? Channel on Youtube named "Nightwave Radio" that was started on Feb 13, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsPsZ1pnJRFufSpPF-s1A_A/featured

Channel description is:

NIGHTWAVE RADIO 24/7 HYPE MUSIC STREAM Nightwave Radio

Multistreaming with https://restream.io/ #NIGHTWAVE #RADIO #247 Welcome to the VAPOR HYPE SYSTEM LOADED ALPHA Ver 0.1 Uptime: 0 days EST 2016 #MUSIC #LIVE #STREAM #VAPORWAVE #SYNTHWAVE #ED...

Currently broadcasting live, and two saved vids.

Created 13 Feb, that CAN'T be coincidence...can it? 

I believe it is a coincidence since the music isn't related to Warframe in any way. It is, however, a rather amusing coincidence.

Plus, Night Wave is spelt as two words in Nora Night's messages.

23 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I believe it is a coincidence since the music isn't related to Warframe in any way. It is, however, a rather amusing coincidence.

Plus, Night Wave is spelt as two words in Nora Night's messages.

Nah, as someone else posted in a screenshot earlier, its one word. (correction, I've now seen both ways spelled in my orbiter. Maybe DE couldn't decide which looked best? xD )

Edited by Breezynn
Added new info

13 minutes ago, LilQueefyBoy said:

Do you mean the regular grineer/corpus transmissions? If not, plz do provide a picture

Pretty sure there are new voicelines.

I heard a new grineer male voice saying that Grineer are now known as the liberators of Saturn colonies, as the rebels have been executed.

Considering the name "Wolf of SATURN", I feel it's connected.

I have no solid proof (and I've had the scanner off until today, so yeah), so take it with a grain of salt, though.

5 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

I heard a new grineer male voice saying that Grineer are now known as the liberators of Saturn colonies, as the rebels have been executed.

Afraid that one's been in the game for a while.

45 minutes ago, Breezynn said:

Nah, as someone else posted in a screenshot earlier, its one word.

Hm. Well, either way, it does seem coincidental.

Edited by Loza03
Can't spell 'Been' today for some reason.

This Nora Night gal reminds me of Datajack Rose from the Alpha Centauri games. Part musician, part democracy-crusadeing hacker that one was.

Ms. Noras got a bit more cyber in her punk here I think I think, and us jive turkeys better open our ears and hear.

Edited by Unus

10 hours ago, Shoryuu said:

things just got real in here 

Yeah, sure.

So far all I’ve heard is a smooth-jazz sounding radio freedom DJ “CRYING WOLF”.

Now how about you show yourself before we as a collective group find you and put boot to chest and knock you into the Void-pit.  We are in no mood for theatrics after recent events.

”THIS! IS! LUA!”

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

My question regarding Nora Night is who or what is the Red King she talks about being at the dance? it's a euphemism, yes, but I can't figure that one out. If it has anything to do with Kuva, then having something to do with Kuva is as far as I've gotten there.

I actually found the subtitles popping up to be pretty intrusive. For the first time ever I turned off the radio. Having new lore and story is good at least.

Edit: I think this would have been a lot better with the quiet whispers through the communicator without the subtitles.

Edited by ArcKnight9202

I'm a fan of this Nora character. Unlike the other terrifying voices that love to hang out around the Orbiter, she's actually a pleasant addition. She's weirdly inspiring to listen to. She feels heroic, not like the reason I get freaked out when I'm walking around my house alone in the middle of the night. 

This broadcast reminds me of the DJ from the 1979 movie The Warriors (Anyone who said Three Dogs from Fallout he was based off same character). The DJ acts as the narrator.

And the similarities don't end there, minor spoilers to movie:

The movie is about a gang trying to make their way home after being framed for murder. At the start all the different gangs in New York are called together to for a ceasefire by the most powerful gang. One of the minor gangs (?) kills the leader (Orokin) and blames the Warriors (Tenno). The call then goes out for all the other gangs (Grineer and Corpus) to kill The Warriors for revenge.

The DJ provides all the gangs with information and updates in a cryptic way so that any listening police won't figure out what is going on.

And as another theory if you type Nora Night into google you eventually get a book series called Night Tales by Nora Roberts. One of these stories is about a late night radio DJ who gets a call from a Stalker. Maybe a tie into Stalker mode?

Let's see where this goes.