Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

4 minutes ago, IciclePunk said:

Here an even bigger long run problem. If you can get only 1 umbral forma during single event season for 10 weeks, that is mean in order to polarize atleast once all current 38 warframes you'll need to play for more than 7 years!!!

That's assuming the Umbral Forma is part of every Nightwave event and that there will be a new event as soon as one finishes.

For all we know that's the only Umbral Forma ever...

Edit: Also we have melee umbral mods, so we would need way more Formas.

In 1 week with the old system, if you did all alerts when they came out, you could get up to 24 nitain (IIRC it was 4 daily) AND the random other rewards like endo, random materials, mods, and blueprints/helmets.

In 1 week with the new system, if you do all the challenges but ignore the capturing the enemies for 50 standing each, you can get 45k standing, because the wolf creds are spread out so weirdly you might get 50 one week, you might get none the next, so if you get one cache of credits in a week then you can buy 15 nitain and you'll have 5 credits left, that you can't get anything else with. You won't be able to afford any of the blueprints/helmets or mods that use to appear in the old system. New Players get significantly fewer rewards for significantly more work and over a much longer period of time.

Do ya'll see the problem. It's not the rank rewards that are the issue, its the replacement of alerts. If this was a new system that didn't replace the alerts I'm sure most everyone would be all good with it. But it replaces an existing system with much higher required amount of time/work commitment. That is why people are upset, looking at the numbers its a straight downgrade, just with a fancy coat of paint to distract you.
Keep in mind the only reason the game is so good now is because DE listens to their players if everyone just accepted it and didn't complain the game would be terrible and no-one would play it.

20 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

We have a multitude of players, and Warframe is fundamentally a co-op game. While a majority of these events can be completed in a solo setting, we wanted to be able to reward those who also spend time playing this game with friends and allies. We are going to be looking at feedback with many eyes as this new system is rolled out, so keep your thoughts coming. For everyone who has these concerns, what else would you like to see? Feedback is important, but keep it constructive, please.

As much as this sounds like a good thing, please, please and pretty please do not make playing with friends a gate to getting the standing.

We all have our own schedules, live in different time zones, have bad internet connections and sometimes just enjoy the solitude of playing alone.

1 hour ago, Duduminador said:

I'm sorry, but if there is an activity or game event you don't want to take part in. THen perhappes you don't Deserve the rewards of it.

but these are not new rewards. those are old rewards obtainable from a single mission now gated behind hours of gameplay and weeks of resets. maybe when so many people are entitled to have the content they had not taken away... like Bungie kept doing to Destiny... then just maybe they aren't entitled and you are just utterly lacking perspective?

To be fair, looking at the offerings, it seems players may be able to purchase quite a bit once they attain 100 creds. The 5 Nitain for 15 Cred looks most appealing, so I'll probably stock pile that. The full Vauban set should be attainable as well. And at least two weapons or 3 different skins or 4 mods should be accessible. Or whatever combination you want. All that in addition to the tier rewards. Potatoes are plat items so I don't judge them the same. I don't appreciate the new grind for these items, but within a week or two, a player could possibly make some gains. 

Maybe more than before.

-Make it so that players can repeat desired challenges multiple times for example 3-5 times each. High level players can do it faster by doing eidolons or ESO, etc. while lower level players can do it slowly on easier challenges.
-Add a cap which would be increased per each new week. Let's say first week it's 45k. Next week comes its 90k so if someone missed a week they can catch up when they are free.
-Cap could be only for challenges, leave fugitives as they are.
-After Series 1 is done turn it into a quest which can be accepted in the codex. Remove the cred shop for the quest version. This way someone that missed it can start it along side the new series.

But hey this is just my opinion.

I know Warframe is Co-op. You said you wanted to reward those who play Co-op. You already reward players who play Co-op in many ways. The majority of players play Co-op. You really don't need to change anything.

The Wolf should be an alternative. I really like what it has to offer BUT Make it like a quest. Keep the Alerts. 

To the Players who think we just want rewards to fall in our laps you really AREN'T reading the posts. That's not what we are saying. READ the posts.

We DON'T feel entitled. You are just projecting. READ the posts.

This is unfair to NEW players. READ the posts.

This is unfair to Players who have a LIMITED time to play. READ the posts.

WHAT is your Master Rank? Veterans who have nothing to do will see this differently. This is NOT about you.

For goodness sake. READ the posts.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)FatMacBrbn said:

To be fair, looking at the offerings, it seems players may be able to purchase quite a bit once they attain 100 creds. The 5 Nitain for 15 Cred looks most appealing, so I'll probably stock pile that. The full Vauban set should be attainable as well. And at least two weapons or 3 different skins or 4 mods should be accessible. Or whatever combination you want. All that in addition to the tier rewards. Potatoes are plat items so I don't judge them the same. I don't appreciate the new grind for these items, but within a week or two, a player could possibly make some gains. 

Maybe more than before.

Not more then before that's certain, more specific rewards yes.

An alert took a max of around 10 minutes, 6 in an hour let say no more then 5 hours a week of playtime.

Now multiply this by 2 for the 2 weeks it takes to reach 100 Wolf Creds.

That's approximately 60 alerts, let say 10 alt helmets/weapon skins, half  a dozen Nitain, a couple Argons, 2 pieces of Vauban, 8 or so mods, 4/5 weapons BP and a ton of ressources.

For a 100 Wolf creds you get 2 helmets and 10 Nitains or a Potato and 5 Nitains, that's good alright, but a lot less over all.

Heck if you're lucky enough with alerts getting 1/2 potatoes a month was possible, same with getting that one alt helmet you wanted.

Now you have more control (not absolut mind you since the stuff you can buy is still up to RNG),  *if* you can grind the old content in time that is, that's a step down in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Nephalgar said:

Okay an example of a rl situation like this:

Lets say you work for an insurance company and your job is it to sell contracts. you like your job. You earn 2000$ a month for 100 hours of work.

Now your boss comes and tells you due to financial issues you have to work 250 hours a month with still the same income. Furthermore you have to do other tasks like cleaning the toilets, washing the boss' car, etc.

Whats the result ? You would quit the job very fast i guess. You see what i want to point out ? More time investment and things you are forced to do but you got still the same earning of it.

Guess no one would do that in rl. So why should we do this in a game that only exists for the "fun" ? 

That's a terrible example... it happens all the time, everywhere and people don't really quit their jobs over it.

Now, people are comparing the new system over how they could just casually do a mission that was easier than the average resource grind for a Catalyst.

Since The old system was so easy to get rewards. Perhappes the problem isn't with the new system after all. The old just really had to go.

2 minutes ago, Duduminador said:

That's a terrible example... it happens all the time, everywhere and people don't really quit their jobs over it.

Really? People don't quit their job when their remuneration goes down 150% with extra tasks no less? My guess is they would if that happened, all the time even.

21 hours ago, Springlake said:

No.

While doing missions on Saturn there is a chance of 3 or 4 convicts from Saturn 6 spawning in a tile, capture these for 50 standing each.

Gonna be a slog of a grind to get anywhere with it but it's technically possible to get there much quicker than 8 weeks.

Also the challenges only reset every weekly reset, so if you do a marathon session every weekend you can still get them all done.

they should probably up the standing to at lest 500 for each they are not common enough for 50 standing. if they say spawned in packs of 10-20 maybe they would be worth the 50 but unless they plan on making them a garantee show up for every mission 50 points each  for maybe 3-4 of them isn't worth it. 

51 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

but these are not new rewards. those are old rewards obtainable from a single mission now gated behind hours of gameplay and weeks of resets. maybe when so many people are entitled to have the content they had not taken away... like Bungie kept doing to Destiny... then just maybe they aren't entitled and you are just utterly lacking perspective?

if i had to choose missing that catalyst because im not a insane person who gets up at 3 am  or getting it over time with points.

ill pick getting it over time with points. i enjoy my sleep thank you very much.

14 minutes ago, Drivrius said:

Really? People don't quit their job when their remuneration goes down 150% with extra tasks no less? My guess is they would if that happened, all the time even.

i wouldm't i need my job. jobs are a bad example

if you leave warframe nothing happens execpt you miss out on all the nice stuff they added.

if you leave your job you could potentially lose your home run out of food and die. 

1 hour ago, Drivrius said:

The rank up rewards are not the issue, the ones you used to get before that need to be bought off of random lists for Wolf Creds are.

The old rewards are now locked behind a new grind and are numerically a lot less then before and very limited if not out right unattainable for new players.

That's the problem.

Oh no i'm not saying its the issue at all i'm just saying its nice to have stuff like slots and arcane energise in a farmable state( for the slot i mean). ( aside from farming prime and trading of course )

i'm not saying the new system is perfect i'm just pointing out what i like about it ^.^ 

1 minute ago, trunks013 said:

Oh no i'm not saying its the issue at all i'm just saying its nice to have stuff like slots and arcane energise in a farmable state( for the slot i mean). ( aside from farming prime and trading of course )

i'm not saying the new system is perfect i'm just pointing out what i like about it ^.^ 

the system is new so its bound to have flaws but overalll i'll take it over RNG missions that give you sleep deprovation.  one way they could fix this now hear me out is instead of getting standing from escapes you get the cred for them? or maybe keep the 50 standing and give you like  5-10 cred? 

22 minutes ago, Duduminador said:

Now, people are comparing the new system over how they could just casually do a mission that was easier than the average resource grind for a Catalyst.

Since The old system was so easy to get rewards. Perhappes the problem isn't with the new system after all. The old just really had to go.

Okay so you went from saying "Listen I'm not the elitist guy", then say "I'm sorry, but if there is an activity or game event you don't want to take part in. THen perhappes you don't Deserve the rewards of it." to "Since The old system was so easy to get rewards. Perhappes the problem isn't with the new system after all. The old just really had to go."

I believe that's what an "elitist guy" would say...

15 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

if i had to choose missing that catalyst because im not a insane person who gets up at 3 am  or getting it over time with points.

the problem is now you are not getting it either, because your wolf points are so limited. and you also are not getting that one alert that happened at 8pm when you were playing. you are still missing the point, though. and that's ok.

2 hours ago, Edzhang said:

My guess, DE are scared that their player might go off play another games and wont come back to this grindfest, so they try to make players spend more time grinding things that can be obtained easier before.. I’ll try to get 1 umbra forma and then im done with this alert if it still continue like this..

if that's the case, they need to worry about a lot more players quitting now with all the grindfest they just added in the game, which is so hardly touchable by the new players on top of that.

first of all, the new players will leave, or play a lot less and definitely not the nightwaves mode.

after that, the casuals will do the same.

and a bit after that, the hardcore ones will stop playing much or altogether.

the grind gets too much guys, we used to get the reward right after running 1 mission. it usually took us around 5-10 minutes or so.

now, we need time to progress in the tiers there to be able to reach to the rewards we are interested it.

where is the good thing on that exactly?

i am a mr26 player with almost everything owned in the game and alerts in general were not something i was doing a lot anyway, but i still find this new alert system wrong, unfair and tedious.

i cannot imagine how a new player would feel for it.

a newer player would most likely log out, uninstall and play another game in the free time he/she has, btw.

and i actually would not blame him/her, if he/she so did.

we have jobs, we have lives, we have real life things to attend too, we do not live in the game, calm down DE, dial it down a bit.

let's not forget that the meaning of playing a game is to spend some of our free time to have fun and not do chores or make a second job out of it.

if we wanna have another job, we know how to look for it, in which we will get paid too, btw.

no, this nightmare mode is not well adjusted.

they need to set it up this way so all players to be able to play it, and have fun doing so, and not face yet another gate of grindfest things.

also, something worth noting, if they indeed did all this for more profit, well, if all us who have jobs play a lot less or not at all, due to not having or wishing to dedicate all that time to this nightwave grindfest, then definitely, the ones who play 27/4 will not buy anything to make a profit from, simple coz they have no job, that's why they are able to play 24/7.

us who have jobs are able to buy stuff, if so we wish, and this is where the profit comes from.

DE, think about it please.

thanks for reading!

2 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

the system is new so its bound to have flaws but overalll i'll take it over RNG missions that give you sleep deprovation.  one way they could fix this now hear me out is instead of getting standing from escapes you get the cred for them? or maybe keep the 50 standing and give you like  5-10 cred? 

Another problem is, there is still RNG to the items you can buy.

The rewards are random, the full list of Mods, skins and weapons is simply not there, it has *less* RNG sure but it's still random sadly.

3 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

the problem is now you are not getting it either, because your wolf points are so limited. and you also are not getting that one alert that happened at 8pm when you were playing. you are still missing the point, though. and that's ok.

nah your still getting it actually i think its you whose missing the point.

i would rather spend my time getting it over time then GETTING UP AT 3 AM

Just now, Drivrius said:

Another problem is, there is still RNG to the items you can buy.

The rewards are random, the full list of Mods, skins and weapons is simply not there, it has *less* RNG sure but it's still random sadly.

Catalyst reactors and nitein will probably not be rotated out. same with vaubans stuff you get 50 cred which is enough to get you one skin. you could get 50 cred in one day. however i am not saying that the way they spaced the cred is optimal. a change they could make is that you get cred with each rank up. but keep the 50 cred as a reward or don't

2 hours ago, SpawnTDK said:

4) i miss a mute option for nora night, or even better, fully disable her voice popus

This.  This 100x.  Feels like a low-rent Foxxy Brown or Super Fly character, without the badass Curtis Mayfield soundtrack to go with it.

Not to mention it pops up during missions and covers 1/3 of the screen.  An option to turn her annoying ass off completely would be very welcome.

But really, that is the least of Nightwaves problems. (that name, lol.  Why not Nightmoves ha, or NightTrain, that would at least make me think of Oscar Peterson Trio)

I'm at mid-tier (MR11); have most of what was on alerts so losing that isn't a big deal for me.  But without those alerts I never would have made it to MR3 before quitting for good.  The big problem for me is that I have nothing to do when I log on unless I want to grind syndicate standing or crack relics.  Since I hate syndicates (and yay, we have yet another!) that means the only thing to do in the short bursts of play time I get is cracking relics. 

I'm at a crossroads with this game and was just getting back into it after leaving for a few months.  Had planned on buying Prime Access next cycle, especially if Equinox is the new prime.  But there are 2 big things making me reconsider this, and even reconsidering whether I will keep playing at all: 1) The alerts were one of the main things I played, especially endless missions, to rank MR as well as just give me something to do in the 45 min I may login before I go to bed.  Cracking relics in that time will get really old. 2) I was going to buy prime access because I WANTED to give DE some money.  With the new system funneling people into the plat shop for potatoes and forma that don't want to wait a week or more to get their coyote cash, it feels very mobile free-to-play now, and I don't want to support that with my money.

I don't see this system, unchanged, working out for DE in the way they thought it would.  People buy cosmetics and Prime Access because they respect and support the company.  Forcing people into the shop to avoid a time-wall is going to turn a lot of players like me off (who has already spent more than 2x the price of a new AAA release) and it further risks running new players off with this immediate time & grind wall staring them in the face.

Lets hope they listen and make some serious changes, as I don't want to quit, but I have to want to play and right now it just feels like a chore.

2 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

but you could have gotten it at 8pm. or do you sleep there too? then maybe 5pm. or 11am. or any other time, really. what is your fixation with 3am? are you a cat or something?

8 am is no good either i'm not a neet but maybe you are? what makes you think i can jump on and do a mission in the mornings and not have obligations? or idk FOOD? over time > rng timed missions sorry, but between l sleep and jobs this system kicks the hell out of the old one. 

New Player Experience

I think the new system has some interessting things to it, but rotating it out is bad for everyone.

Let´s see it this way, a new player comes into the game just a week before wolf of saturn six expires.

He sees all this nice things, but then they are gone and he is unable to get them... thats frustating.

I would propose the following solution

All players start with the wolf of saturn six and can reach lvl 30 on it, after that it depends.

If there is already another nightwave out, the player can spend his wolf credits and the system rotates to the new nightwave.

That way everyone can enjoy this content AND can have the specific rewards.

If a player reached the current end of the last nightwave he just earnes credits like it would be at the moment.

My Plea

Please DE think about it, i am a veteran, i play since closed beta and i´ve founded this game.

I like it and it´s the only game that was able to bind me for more than one or two years.

It´s like all the nice events that new players can´t experience for them self.

With Nora and the Nightwave you have a big chance to make some change.

Just help old and new players have fun with your amazing piece of software.

There is no need or good in having limited rewards now, just let everyone have their cake and eat it too!

6 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

but you could have gotten it at 8pm. or do you sleep there too? then maybe 5pm. or 11am. or any other time, really. what is your fixation with 3am? are you a cat or something?

Because he probably woke up at 3 once and that kinda made is mark. 

Happen to me when my daughter woke up in the night paff there was an alert i got a vauban part i think it was the helmet ^.^ 

while holding a baby and a milk bottle and an controller

Archived