Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 1

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, Leon-Darkheart said:

No what i ment was the old system NEXT to the now new system would not really work out well if you think about it. I sure think it would work out SOMEWHAT if the new system would work like a currency system like the ducats but right now we dont have this "getting currency every mission alert you do" but rank up system which fails in the progress...

It was working fine why wouldn't it work alongside it? I don't really understand your reasoning on this one sorry, could you explain a little more what would be wrong with having the old alerts and nightwave?

7 minutes ago, TheSkunkyMonk said:

It was working fine why wouldn't it work alongside it? I don't really understand your reasoning on this one sorry, could you explain a little more what would be wrong with having the old alerts and nightwave?

the old system as it was already gives you as player the items you might want or "looking for" wile the "right now bad" nightwave system gives you challanges you "have to" do (grind is the better word) to rang up and get rewards for, not the stuff you might look for, which is a difference, kinda at least.

I mean:

I do a nitain mission coz i need it.

I do a forma mission coz i need it.

I dont wanna do a scanning 5 freaking things mission to rank up my sheats and get stuff i dont need nor want and that way to freaking late, meaning by rank up 3 times before i can get anything i want first.

you know what i mean?

5 minutes ago, Leon-Darkheart said:

the old system as it was already gives you as player the items you might want or "looking for" wile the "right now bad" nightwave system gives you challanges you "have to" do (grind is the better word) to rang up and get rewards for, not the stuff you might look for, which is a difference, kinda at least.

I mean:

I do a nitain mission coz i need it.

I do a forma mission coz i need it.

I dont wanna do a scanning 5 freaking things mission to rank up my sheats and get stuff way to freaking late.

you know what i mean?

Still not getting why you think one would harm the other, if anything Nightwave would complement the old system by letting you grab something you wanted like a helmet when you hard the wolf creds with all the benefits of the old system.

@[DE]Rebecca, what I would like to ask is why the team decided to make a Standing system out of this feature. It just seems like an unnecessary complication when there are a limited number of challenges available per week.

I cannot see why you couldn't just have each challenge awarding a certain number of Wolf Creds, and adjusting the reward costs in accordance with that. Another option would be to give rewards based on the number of challenges completed over a week, for example.

I am sure that the team must have considered their options, but it would be good for us players to know why you decided to create the system this way.

Looking at the previous alert weapons BP I see some discrepancies:

Currently I only see Dark Dagger and Heat Sword for creds. Will the others "rotate" or are they just perma gone?

So my interpretation of Wolf of Saturn was that we'd just be seeing the typical alert rewards reworked so that we could earn them on our time. Which is great, don't get me wrong, but I was under the impression it was more of a quality-of-life improvement and not necessarily a new content drop. I gotta say I was blown away by all the extras you all put in here. New cosmetics, arcanes, glyphs, forma, mods 😱 And the new story unfolding already sounds super interesting! I am so excited for this! Thanks so much DE!

2 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Looking at the previous alert weapons BP I see some discrepancies:

Currently I only see Dark Dagger and Heat Sword for creds. Will the others "rotate" or are they just perma gone?

There is a random rotation for what you can buy as part of the this new "reliable" system that replaced Alerts for being too random, because irony is not a thing anymore apparently XD

Just now, Drivrius said:

There is a random rotation for what you can buy as part of the this new "reliable" system that replaced Alerts for being too random, because irony is not a thing anymore apparently XD

Heh, that is kind of funny. But still, at least you have several days to earn the rewards before they change the pool, instead of just a few hours from the old system.

I just wanted to say that I really appreciate this update. 

It really seems to good to be true. While I am sure there will be suggestions for improvements...this was really a huge step in the right direction. This was clutch too, because my time playing video games just got cut down significantly. 

It really got me thinking and I think the most consistent form of rewards that will be able to keep everybody going is a fresh cycle of weapon specific mods. Once we umbrify our weapons and warframes and gain large amounts of kuva, forma, potatoes and all that jazz, those weapon specific mods seem to be the one thing that really keeps it fresh..

I am very interested to see what comes out next.

1 minute ago, IntheCoconut said:

Heh, that is kind of funny. But still, at least you have several days to earn the rewards before they change the pool, instead of just a few hours from the old system.

True but given the prices and how much Wolf Credits you can get, you still end up with about a tenth of what you could get before, I mean I have all alt helmet and auras no way I can get those now with the new system, specially if all progression and Wolf Credits dissapear and reset at the end of the event.

4 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

Yeah but I got the reward in 5minutes with the old system not in a few days or weeks.

10 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

So my interpretation of Wolf of Saturn was that we'd just be seeing the typical alert rewards reworked so that we could earn them on our time. Which is great, don't get me wrong, but I was under the impression it was more of a quality-of-life improvement and not necessarily a new content drop. I gotta say I was blown away by all the extras you all put in here. New cosmetics, arcanes, glyphs, forma, mods 😱 And the new story unfolding already sounds super interesting! I am so excited for this! Thanks so much DE!

If they had kept the old system alongside this update which wouldnt of been a problem I would of been well chuffed with the new stuff, I even had my heart set on that statue straight away! But as a relatively new player the extra work I now have to put in to get the old stuff is insane compared to what it was and ill have to wait even longer for items to pop up and rotate! Ofcourse I can always buy the items for plat in the store and not worry about slots, nitain or potatoes

I understand the need for a grindwall, there has to be a way to give veteran the opportunity to show of achievements and dedication put into Warframe. But taking away the easy access to simple and basic items via alerts is hurting new players ... and not just a little bit.

I suggest two different currencies:
Nightwave Creds, given out freely and not decaying after a Serie, that could be used for basic stuff like materials, auras, Vauban BPs and maybe even skins and helmets. They could even be traded in for a ridiculous low amount of Endo, so this currency would not be completely worthless for veterans. 

Wolf Creds earned as rewards like implemented at the moment. They could decay after a Series and are the currency for vanity items and endgame items (Umbra Forma) geared towards veterans, but still offer stuff like Forma and potatoes at decent costs for new players or keep those prices high but offer them also as a relatively low rank reward, so new players could get at least one of them.

I like the stuff given with Nightwave and I love the way it is presented (story arc, voiced, themed, etc.), but I find the stuff taken too much of an impact on new players. There should be a way for new players to slowly close the gap between them and veterans, that would be an incentive to keep on playing the game. With Nightwave the gap between new players and veterans widens and this could be a motivation killer for new players ... some might get too frustrated and quit.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Can someone explain what sortie with friends/clan members mean? Just the last mission? All the 3 with the same members/friends? Any mission with different friends?

just the last mission, I i just grouped up as normal and asked in chat if anyone minded adding me. Lol would love to see the metrics on how many friends have been made and then removed within 10/20minutes since the update 😛

Suggestions:

Add the WOS alerts on the wf app so ppl can keep track of their progress and secondly add void traces back to the alerts. The amount of void traces you receive is too RNG, the amount you get in fissure mission it between 6 – 40 and that’s bad and doing void traces alerts made me able to get argon crystals. Most ppl don`t know this but they are a very valuable resource. You NEED to add them so ppl can purchase them with wolf cred at lease make it either 50 or 100 void traces that we can purchase them. PLEASE DO SO.  

My clan and friend list consists of mainly veterans who pop into the game every two months or so, because there's simply not enough content to keep them entertained, result: none of them were online. So I spent far too long this morning on my PS4 account trying to find someone to do yesterday's sortie with (for the Nightwave standing) in the recruit channel, with no success. I then went into pub mode sortie and asked if I could friend request them, and they just flat out didn't respond. So unless I'm online during sortie-refresh hour, I can forget about completing this act/event/challenge.

Maybe this is not an issue on PC, but console warframe has a significantly smaller player base. 

After having spent time with the new system, I think that most of my issues with Nightwave would be solved if you re-implemented the old timed Alerts, but:

1) Changed them to strictly reward a couple hundred standing and a wolf ticket instead of credits and miscellaneous items

2) Gave them a guaranteed chance at spawning the villain of the season

3) Increased the level of the selected mission by 30 to 40

This would give players reliable matchmaking, a respectable challenge, less anxiety over missing occasional Acts and consistent rewards across a rotating variety of missions.

Nightwave has a lot of promise - Nora is fantastic and Nightwave has great potential as a narrative device - but it also has a long ways to go. Right now, it feels like half of a system. 

38 minutes ago, Drivrius said:

the words "random" and "reliable" in one and the same sentence makes no sense at all but hey, fuq me up with this logic DE... 😆

After reading up on the new system - and reading all of this thread so far - i came to the conclusion that i will not spent any time actively ranking up / doing challenges for this nightwave thing with its current design.

As @[DE]Rebecca said on twitter it will run for about 10 weeks and you need to do 60-65% of all challenges to get to max rank. I can easily calculate now that I don't have the time and also I'm not interested in doing that many missions of content that I actually don't like. I don't like doing hydrolysts (i did my fair part, over 300 already) but the last one i did was like a year ago and as long as there is no new content or rewards put into teralyst hunting, i won't start with it again. Same for most other "elite" challenges. So when playing nightwave "casually" it's not really possible to reach a high rank, not to mention max rank (or at least 29, which i was hoping for).

The only way i could imagine to fix this thing would be to make it last longer (20 weeks at least, maybe 30), have way more challenges and ways to aquire standing or simply making challenges repeatable.

tl;dr I feel like the challenges are forcing players to do content they don't like just to collect enough standing to get anything useful out of nightwaves which is a severe downgrade from old alerts.

8 minutes ago, TheFBD said:

As @[DE]Rebecca said on twitter it will run for about 10 weeks and you need to do 60-65% of all challenges to get to max rank. I can easily calculate now that I don't have the time and also I'm not interested in doing that many missions of content that I actually don't like.

another one who should get a medal. i also know, coz i HAVE better things to do AND a real life, i will not be able to get to the rank i want and im sure a lot think the same here.

The new mecanic is very good to replace the alert, I really like it, it removes the requirement of having the mission unlock for newbies or forcing them to beg for taxis, that's better.

But about the Wolf of Saturn Six itself, hm, I like the diorama, I like the character style and the very smalllllll lore introduction we received. i also like the ingame mecanics, but i feel that it's ... "teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeased lore", I mean okay it's the start but there is no introduction of why they're chaising us, why we're "capturing them" (lorewise, not gameplay mecanicwise), are we actually working for the grineer or what ? I'm abit confused about the lore behind it, I want to know more, but I'm already feeling that the weekly lore-part will kill the enjoyment of that lore if it stays as it is right now (which is a cool intro, with a cool captura diorama, and that's it)

I'm excited to learn more about all the mess arround the Wolf, why, how, when, and where all this happened =D

as i welcome changes to alerts, or at least add something new, the night wolf system isn't a good replacement for the alerts.

1) you added more grind on top of a game that only has enough grind?
2) yes, the reward tiers are cool....
3) ... but the cred offerings (aka "alert rewards") got worse ( time sink -> outcome = not good)
4) i miss a mute option for nora night, or even better, fully disable her voice popus
5) umbral forma at the market? getting one for weeks of gind is .. meee

Archived