Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Update 24.4.0) General Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

1 minute ago, Hobie-wan said:

Maybe an update isn't to you guys yet, but on PC, you must then be gliding to throw, not just double jump anymore.

Checked, glide only seems to work when aiming with a primary or secondary weapon. Attacking with melee in it only does the regular air melee attack or the new aimed downward attack.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Checked, glide only seems to work when aiming with a primary or secondary weapon. Attacking with melee in it only does the regular air melee attack or the new aimed downward attack.

Yes, the glide will still switch to a gun. But if you melee, then double jump and glide and hit melee while gliding it should throw it. Or as I said, at least on PC it does with 24.5.X. If it's broken on PS4, obviously that's an issue. I wish I didn't have to glide to throw though.

1 minute ago, Hobie-wan said:

Yes, the glide will still switch to a gun. But if you melee, then double jump and glide and hit melee while gliding it should throw it. Or as I said, at least on PC it does with 24.5.X. If it's broken on PS4, obviously that's an issue. I wish I didn't have to glide to throw though.

Yeah feels like an unnecessary change.

I don’t think DE is gonna give us our old melee style back

You have taken away the things I enjoyed when I started out as a new player and gave me a different game. 

You gave me “hard to see” corpus cupboards, took away my alerts and quick melee.

rip melee 😞

Thanks for the 3-4 months of fun. I have spent like $100 so that’s some profit for you.

Its time for Nora to say goodnight..

I'm very annoyed because I've had my controller layout a certain way for a while now but now the transference/focus button is locked on the left bumper and cannot be changed. I used to have my power menu there and my crouch/roll/ slide on the right bumper. Having to readjust is extremely frustrating especially because I just use the same method to get to transference as I did before. It's completely throwing off my ability to use powers and mobility.

Ever since this update, I have had major performance issues when fighting Profit Taker.

Anywhere else on the Vallis is fine, but when I look at the PT during its fight, I can barely move my character. When I tried to use void dash, the delay between going into void mode then dashing was so long that I was actually out of void energy by the time it tried, so I just ended up jumping.

Again, before this update, it was fine, and everywhere else still is, it is not a problem with my computer, just the profit taker fight.

Trying to farm for Ash systems. Maniacs mechanic seems to have a glitch. Sometimes they laugh, but don't appear. Sometimes the talking head mentions them but they don't laugh or appear. I'm currently averaging 2 appearances with 5 glitches.

Don't know if this is supposed to be here but here goes:

I'd love to see an inventory management system. Example:

I've played this game for a long time and certain stuff got vaulted (like relics), so what would be extremely useful would be a way (maybe colours) to mark certain items (like relics) so that I know that I shouldn't use them "just like that". This would also be very useful for selling ducats to baro, seen as I have a lot of prime parts up for sale and I don't always want to check what is for trading and what items are for ducats.

I think this would be a great addition. 

Good day!

Melee overhaul broke excalibur. He mostly go to a weird "no equipped" stance after using his exalted blade and can't cycle through primary and secondary weapons, also he cant use any of his abilities. Hopefully can be fixed asap.

And I know this is kinda late in Wolf of Saturn but kindly please add some note requirement on a mission. Being it is mostly not new player friendly, but still please tell us what requirement we need to have to complete a quest.

Example of it is the last mission we received Gild a mod. What is that? Where can we go to accomplish that? What rank/standing/story progress we must have in order to be able to do that quest?

A description or better yet a cryptic passage something like, A man who have vast knowledge in weaponry settled in a plain who only speak to those he "Trusted" or to "Offworlder" or far greater example than this. It will really help us, new players, to know and accept which mission we cannot do. Like little heads up won't hurt right?

Another thing, I really don't get why wolf offerings have rotations. Like wolf creds are not easily obtained, why make things kinda complicated? I mean I love the how rare and valuable wolf creds are but with time restrictions on the stuff/s we want to spend on and do not know when will it be available again is kinda nonsense. Giving a little breathing room to plan on how are we gonna spend this precious resource will not also hurt right?

Were my insights clear enough? I feel like I did terrible. Hahaha! Apologies

Edited by GreckoNoobie
Apologies

Please reconsider the locked keybinding (controller) for RB (Using the Xbox terminology, but the effect should be the same for PS controllers). Or give us the option to change the default use for the key for when not in melee mode instead of having it locked to "ability menu".

It is weird when a single key is not possible to rebind, personally i want secondary fire on RB, i believe its better to let everyone bind what they want to RB but then let that function get overridden by "Melee channel" when a melee weapon is equipped not like melee weapons typically use Secondary fire (in this case) function anyway.

Even if its just an option to "(controller) secondary fire on melee channel input" similar to the "Melee on primary fire input" option, id gladly take it.

To me primary fire on RT and secondary on RB makes the most sense, and we got the "melee with primary fire input" option and with that having secondary fire and channeling on RB makes a lot of sense too since then you use the same 2 keys regardless of the weapon in your hand instead of the default: RT does Primary Fire, click right stick does Secondary Fire, B melee and RB melee channel. see how convoluted that default control scheme sounds compared to my more streamlined suggestion?

(not very related but because of these default R-stick binding i bet that weapons with multiple firing modes are a lot less popular with controller users than mouse/keyboard users).

Please do not remove melee mode from the game.

Ive been playing this game for 5 years without ever using E to melee. Why? Because this game has always had such nice customization options for keybindings. 

Removing melee mode is a step backwards. The new fluid game play feels great and all but as someone who logs in to slaughter countless infested using just melee weapons the removal of melee mode REALLY hurts. Both figuratively and literally. With melee mode i am able to customize my mouse and keyboard for all the block, channel, bullet jump, and melee combos without interfering with controls for gun usage.

For example, firing shared the same keybind as melee, aim was block, alt fire was channeling. And with melee mode there was no interference. The removal of melee mode causes much interference and makes using explicitly melee for most of my playtime un-enjoyable and strenuous on my fingers and hands.

While i do enjoy the newness and what you are doing please dont remove the ability to enter melee only mode.

What happened to the beautiful bat-man glide...? I used to glide while having a sword or shield up, good over-shoulder view, broad eye to adjust flight or jump-paths...now I instantly switch to whatever weapon I have, severely limiting my view or ability to bend jumps...

I know it's partially muscle memory, but trying to adjust a jump only to peer through a sniper scope, makes it all the more silly crashing into a wall with all dat jazz in front of my cranium. 
Pains my heart, movement & mobility is everything to me....
If there is a key-binding I overlooked, please be so kind as to tell me, otherwise this feed-back should suffice for 3.0.

Sincerely yours,

Your Ack & Brunt swinging Viking

to be honest knockback does not equal challenge. it equals nightmare for solo players. especially solo players that like to use melee more. for a chroma its not that really difficult to fight its just in a sense having someone requesting you to hit a target but then have that friend shaking you in the process till you jab the person in the stomach and then ask what is wrong with them. the only time i start dieing is when the enemies damage starts getting too much. 

anyways knockback is one of the reasons that torroid farming is a nightmare for me. can't really enjoy the weapons or frames i love because there is 1 terrible drops and 2 the levels of the mobs grow faster then i can get the torroids i need. 

Edited by maddragonmaster

I discovered that when wielding ONLY melee, we can still glide as before, and also important: Blocking became a choice again!
(You know, like players having input in the...game they...play)

Guess I am locking my launchers, rifles, snipers, bows, pistols and shotguns away for the unforseeable (and bleak) future.

Sincerely yours,

Ack & Brunt Viking who found his path again

Orbs Vallis could still really use more formidable air-based enemies, like the dargyns in The Plains. I feel like those Dargyns are key to keeping me on my toes in the Plains, whereas on Orbs Vallis I often feel as though the ground is too dangerous, while conversely once I enter Archwing literally nothing can hit me. It just feels a bit disconnected right now. Don't get me wrong, Orbs Vallis is a huge improvement upon the open world format as far as the landscape is concerned, but it doesn't have a consistent way of applying pressure to the player I feel like. Often times if I want to do something that requires me to let my guard down, I have to shoot down a few Dargyns beforehand. Maybe some people might find this annoying, but I find it vaguely engaging that sometimes I have to scrap a few bogeys and clean up the area every now and again.

Has DE REALLY upped the droprate on atmo systems?

Cause, basically, I'm locked out of content because I can't get 2 UNCOMMON drops...

Seriously, I'm up to 75+ runs of phase 2 (since last monday) and not a single atmo system UNCOMMON drop. And I need two x4 to rank up Vox Solaris. I'm losing my mind with this thing. I tried other phases with the same result: none. What's going on? Is this bugged? Intentional? Like, to sell Baruuk to people who give in cause they're sick of playing the same exact mission so many times? I don't even care about Baruuk, I just want a new amp to play with. This grind is really NOT fun. At all. It's tedious, repetitive and boring as hell... Games should be fun, challenging and rewarding for the efforts we put in. I've been playing for more than 3 years and I never had THIS much trouble getting a drop. Some were hard to get, that's fine, but this? It's beyond bad luck.

I like Fortuna, but right now I can't progress...

Is this where you post feedback? First-timer on the forums here. This Wolf Cred thing is overkill af. I spent a couple of bucks to treat myself with Vauban Prime. I see that he requires 20 nitain extracts, I start sweating. When I saw the new Nightwave thing I thought "Oh, Nitain won't be so hard to get anymore"

Boy was I wrong

I have no problems with grindy games but this is just maniac levels of grind. You need to do a sh*t ton of these challenge to get to another tier that MAY be 15 Wolf Cred, because of course they had to change the tier order every day. Come on DE, with all the things people are able to buy with WC do you think think they'll buy anything else than Nitain? You guys just made it an extremely limited ressource, and a lot of the good stuff requires it to build. I hope I'm not being too rude but this is stupid, I just wasted my allowance on a frame requiring a nearly unfarmable ressource.

Am dissapoint. Very annoyed.

• Like 2

Hi, I'm here about Nightwave too. I'm MR27 "collector" kind of player so no hardcore.

When I saw nightwave and how it worked - I thought it was awesome. Something to do, to try different things and long forgotten frames/modes. I was all for it.

But now we have a few weeks later and I feel fatigued and annoyed. Here is why and why I think Nightwave needs change

Nightwave exploits fear of missing out and sink cost fallacy. I'm small dev myself so I kinda know how it works. And I feel exactly like that - I invested time in first weeks in order to get that armor because it will be exclusive for quite some time. But now I would like to play other games for a week or two. But then I'll loose some points, possibly not getting the armor so I feel like I HAVE TO do the challenges even if I don't feel like it. It is something games often exploit but I always thought DE is better than this and I hope they will address such thing.

If this weekly requirement will stay as it is I'll probably not take part in another season just because of how restricting it is. And I don't have enough time inbetween work and other games to do this every week. As famous Jim fffing Sterling Son once said, there is only limited time gamers have per day.

My suggestion? Lif the time limit but stick with "new chellenges every week". So you can't finish it in first week but you can catch up if you skipped 1 or 2 weeks.

Thanks for reading and have a good day everyone.

Are there any roadmap plans to convert the scan harvest items (such as flowers, pinecones) into melee harvest?

The weekly elite event to fight Grove Specters reminded me the open world areas introduced the pickups that weren't as flow breaking as having to stop and scan them. Once you have the codex entry then Helios will also stop scanning them for you. Thanks!

[edit] The Helios Simaris mod already allows you to continue scanning enemies and reveals weak spots, maybe adding the ability to also continue scanning plants?

Edited by Fogg
  • Like 2

When using Redeemer Prime and holding melee attack to perform a shot I am often interrupted by the blocking animation and find it frustrating because I don't have control of my character's action. I would much rather have the charge attack take higher priority and would be willing to accept that charge attacks require a commitment by the player and you cannot auto-blocking during it. Thanks!

• Like 2

I don’t know if this is the correct place to put this feedback, but thought it was the most suitable place for it.

please please please can we be able to equip the ephemera on our kubrows, kavats and moas!

i would love to turn my little hellhound into an actual hellhound that leaves fire in its wake (when I eventually get the fire ephemera) or have a leaky Moa!

Please!

Hello DE,
I would like to suggest that the rider at Sorties is also
Mention the word Sortie in it's label i.e. "Sortie: Current Sortie Name" as this.
The other riders are equipped with headlines "Event", "Invasion", "Syndicate"

Edited by Shinji_NOIR