Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Update 24.4.0) General Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Even after I reset the bindings to default both in Steam's Big Picture mode and in the in-game menu, the melee attack doesn't work right when using a controller. I can only swing my melee weapon once, and then pressing the melee button does nothing. I think that this might be a problem with the new melee system being incompatible with the existing controller commands built into Big Picture. For now I'll try downloading the standalone client and see if it works.

I like that manual blocking was brought back when you're using a melee weapon alone. Given the issues that people have been having with the auto-block, I'm not sure that keeping it when you have ranged weapons equipped is a good idea. I don't think the problems people have been having are worth it to be able to go straight into aim mode from melee mode. At best, I think that auto-blocking should be something you can toggle in the menus. Prior to the update, the game even had an option to make pressing the block button toggle blocking on and off.

So after playing a bit here's some things that kind of came to my attention,

• The new nightwave Missions are rather fun although come with a few irritating parts such as the the weeks Survival,
    I've attempted the Survival twice both an hour long and found the new endless extraction update to be rather troublesome, causing me to not obtain the Nightwave stading/objective which I had completed, the friends who managed to get to the extraction did however get the challenge completed therefore I would suggest some sort of mechanic that shows the previous memebers of the team allowing for similar challenges in the future to count and allow others to see session statistics.
    Another suggestion would be perhaps add more optional conditions that can increase the reward of challenges, such as doing 2x the number of Gas Kills or an extra 30 minutes for a bit more standing
  • The Melee Rework seems rather smooth and being new has a lot of bugs, one of them being the constant jamming that occurs which like Jamming beforehand requires Player death to use it once again, making melee seem less desirable and no longer the main compontent of my loadouts

On 2019-03-09 at 2:17 PM, XxBattousai said:

[Primed Text]
Hello, i barely never post in this forum and i play for about 5 years... i feel that melee update is changed back to what used to be when warframe was released. It kinda sucks.

Melee 2.0 had so many improvements and when it changed it was amazing. this update nerfs melee so hard and my gameplay is based on melee weapons. Everytime i enter a mission i switch with F to melee, now i have to put another bind just to switch to melee and if i press block (now we dont have block) i change instantly to a gun. this also apply to exalted weapons wich dont deactivate, this destroyed the gameplay.

i used to use 
Fire weapom = Mouse Button 1 
Melee weapon = Mouse Button 1. 
Aim = Mouse Button 2
Block = Mouse Button 2
channel = E 
when melele is not equiped:
quick melee = E
just a quick note = hold to crouch = CTRL and Q is better for glide and you dont hurt your little finger witch is shift for running (i know u can toggle to run on options but i like to walk sometimes lol) =D

now i cant 

and everytime i try to bullet jump and block to glide i switch to a GUN it makes me go crazy af i barely can play now i feel this is another game that is focusing on guns or something.

My opinion is:
bring back block with Aim Button that way you can glide with melee and feel that you are a ninja (cuz this is all about right?)
when u equip melee it stays on melee
or just put a button to equip melee weapons AND stay with melee equiped, wanna switch to a primary or secondary? press F. The channel system with toggle is fine 
the previous system was better and had more options for everyone play style
i love this game i just cant play anymore
dont get me wrong i play everyday i just cant do the things i did when melee 2.0 was introduced

Thank you Steve, Rebecca, Geoff, Sheldon, Scott, Megan, Danielle and All DE! We love you.

I want this guy to represent me!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD. On a serious note, I had exactly the same problem with the switching when using Excalibur; which is my main of course. I could be using my Hek and  use a melee attack and I have to find my way back to the Hek. If you must keep the new system at least make it available, for those of us who don't like it, to revert back to the old one. 

• Like 1

Thank you for returning block-glide, even if it is only for melee-only loadouts.

However, block-gliding is bugged at the moment, causing my character to be locked in a block-glide animation while doing certain mid-air combinations. This only fixes after I melee attack, meaning that I'm unable to control myself properly while airborne. 

Additionally, I can no longer blockglide immediately after a bullet jump; something I could do prior to this update. I need to double jump or wait a half second in order to control my aerials, which is a huge nerf to parkour in general.

• Like 1

I recently won a Mesa Prime Pack and found out that the plat was untradable. I tried to find an answer on the forum,  but couldn't find it. I looked where I could on the site to no avail as well. It wasn't until I was trying to send in a support ticket that the suggested links showed the tradability policy. I was not informed that I couldn't use the plat to trade when entering to win, so I thought it would be and planned as such. As I have been able to trade the plat from the 75 plat giveaway codes, I didn't see any reason why it would be different. My suggestion would be that for big giveaways especially, perhaps inform Warframe Partners to tell their audience that the platinum won't be able to be used in trade as well as make the Trade FAQ more prominent and easier to find. Perhaps as a sticky or as a link when you go into support. That way perhaps the disappointment and frustration that I had can be avoided for others.

• Like 1

Melee blocking :

I actually prefer to manually melee block it seem more fluid for me during combat I'm really not a fan of the auto block. My reason for being old school is I have trouble dealing with the right side of my body so these changes are backward step for me. Also if you just equipping melee weapon you actually go on unarmed and it seems a little buggy meaning something not working right I think it's the changes when you fast swap between melee and weapon

Sincerely Tittakemen 

I know more melee updates will be rolling through soon enough, but here's my feedback so far:

I used to be able to use the 'switch weapon key' to equip the melee weapon, then use MB1 for attacking with the weapon instead of just pressing the 'quick melee' key. Now, if I'm holding the melee weapon I have to press the 'quick melee' button to attack. If I press MB1 even when I'm holding my melee weapon, I immediately switch to my primary and shoot it.  This sucks balls. If I wanted to shoot my primary I'd be holding it. 
I understand new melee mechanics will be added to the game and leaving the option might generate conflict, but just removing options from the menu is stupid, imo.
Meleeing now sucks.

TL;DR:
LEMME SWING MY BIGASS SWORD WITH MB1 LIKE BEFORE, DAMMIT!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jefersondb said:

I know more melee updates will be rolling through soon enough, but here's my feedback so far:

I used to be able to use the 'switch weapon key' to equip the melee weapon, then use MB1 for attacking with the weapon instead of just pressing the 'quick melee' key. Now, if I'm holding the melee weapon I have to press the 'quick melee' button to attack. If I press MB1 even when I'm holding my melee weapon, I immediately switch to my primary and shoot it.  This sucks balls. If I wanted to shoot my primary I'd be holding it. 
I understand new melee mechanics will be added to the game and leaving the option might generate conflict, but just removing options from the menu is stupid, imo.
Meleeing now sucks.

TL;DR:
LEMME SWING MY BIGASS SWORD WITH MB1 LIKE BEFORE, DAMMIT!

I totally agree, I really wish we had exclusive melee selection and manual blocking back with block glide, this new melee keeps auto switching and its just counter productive for melee players, as you said rightfully, If I wanted to shoot I'd be using my gun, even in the original system if you were on your primary, quick melee was there. such a gigantic step backwards. The worst part is when you want to exclusively use melee, SLAAAAAAASHHHH. It's so unrealistic and unpolished in terms of game design, its just like those free android games mimicing devil may cry, copy of a copy. very very sad Tenno and I ain't the only one thank Orokin for that.

1 hour ago, Rodziak said:

propa scaffold's projectiles don't tp anymore since the update, making it bad on eidolon hunts. fix it please, good alternative to shraksun is very welcome.

I was very much looking forward to unlocking Propa and spent weeks grinding the standing in Fortuna to work towards it. It is a shame that the goal I spent so long working towards is now dead content like every other scaffold in the game except Shraksun. I hope DE brings it back to the state it was in prior to update 24.4.0 but I doubt they will. Looks like we are back to only one amp in the game again.

The new "Extract without the rest of the squad" feature (and I hesitate to call it that) is proving to be more trouble than it's worth.
Three times today, across two different Kuva runs, the host has, without even a "Hey I'm heading to extraction", gone to evac and left the rest of the squad in a host migrate.
I understand people don't want to be bullied into staying in long runs, but this extraction mechanic is NOT a good idea, in my experience and opinion. I would recommend that it be reworked... how that'd work, I dunno.

• Like 1

as nice as the fluid change from gun- to swordplay is, it causes some very annoying issues that i'm weren't intended.

• autoblocking messes with charging attacks whenever enemies are fireing at the player (so, more or less all of the time) it also wreak kind havoc when in aim-glide mode...
  • speaking of, aim-glide while holding anyting like data masses, cells, etc. is a real pita... especially if the damn thing falls into an abyss one was gliding over. the way we 'transport' such things should realy be changed. with all the stuff we carry around, putting those 'portables' to our belt shouldn't be much of a problem, right?
  • if the channeling could just remains on, when one is using the gun for a quick shot, that would be nice. especially with frames like nekros or innaros where i nearly all the time uses my melee with active channeling, this keep buggering me. i'm fine if it get deactivated after more then a few seconds of gun-mode, but a quick shot should keep the channle state as it is.
  • i have seen several, likely bugs, with this new feature. mostly with exealted weapons but also with a combination of the 'melee-only' and anything out of our gearwheel that we have to 'hold' in our hands (like the scanner, fish-spear and mining laser).
  • and since i'm in the gear wheel, the way the new method works with some of those in-hand-gear works is a bit irritating... you should probably test it with them yourself to see what i meant...

but all in all, the change is good, even with those issues.

With melee equip/unequip animations basically being non-existent in the game now, the purchasable holster styles for sword & shield weapons are now completely useless, as all they do is replace those animations. 100% useless money sinks. Just wanted to throw that in here, but I have tons more gripes about the new melee system. Honestly just all feels like a joke.

• Like 3

Just now, Kankree said:

With melee equip/unequip animations basically being non-existent in the game now, the purchasable holster styles for sword & shield weapons are now completely useless, as all they do is replace those animations. 100% useless money sinks. Just wanted to throw that in here, but I have tons more gripes about the new melee system. Honestly just all feels like a joke.

I wish I could get a refund, I can't play this anymore, my whole melee ninja nidus build is ruined and I paid for platinum to buy all the stuff I wanted for the build.

• Like 1

This melee "overhaul" is a complete and utter insult to everybody who has ever equipped a melee weapon. Hundreds of people have said these things already, but I'll reiterate since DE has a very hard time understanding feedback.
1. Removal of quick melee made some weapons completely useless.
2. Auto block is not only horrible in practice, its awful as a concept. Let me block when I want to block, not just when the game things I should block
2.5. On the topic of auto block, removing manual blocking butchered some combos. People have been using block combos for years, and now they need to relearn all of their favorite stances.
3. Aim gliding with melee.
4. Platinum that people spent on holsters is basically wasted, with holster and unholster animations being removed

People have praised this game for its melee system. For myself and many others, it was what made the combat fun. If people loved it so much, why change it? In one of the posts before this update released, Rebecca said something along the lines of "warframe would be nothing without change" I'm okay with change, but these changes very clearly weren't well thought out or at the very least were poorly executed. Changing things for the sake of making us think that you care about the playerbase doesn't work. Pushing out updates has the potential to keep this game alive forever, but they need to be well thought out, completely finished updates. Most, if not all of the updates that we've received have had glaring issues with them. I understand that nothing is ever going to be released in perfect working order; hotfixes are fine. There is a difference between patches fixing minor bugs and releasing one half of an unfinished update and releasing the rest of it whenever you feel like it.

DE, you need to stop releasing updates in "phases". Release updates when they're ready to be released. Giving the playerbase a system that is disgustingly unfinished and ruins one of the key parts of the game: combat, is absolutely unacceptable.

Edited by toelicker98

9 hours ago, SilviaS12 said:

I wish I could get a refund, I can't play this anymore, my whole melee ninja nidus build is ruined and I paid for platinum to buy all the stuff I wanted for the build.

This sounds like a classic case of "game experience may change during online play". But I don't know if DE wrote that anywhere - I kinda figured it was implied. They used to put it on anything with multiplayer.

Edited by Gnohme

So, on the topic of autoblocking...

The damn thing has gotten me killed in the most infuriating and avoidable ways that I've seen in a game yet, not only does it interrupt charge attacks, it forces you out of regular attacks if you don't have a somewhat high attack speed, and if that wasn't enough, if paired with toggle channeling it can pretty much remove 600 energy in one go depending on what you are fighting. A very good example of this would be seeing a grineer standing in a hallway, I start charging a redeemer shot as he turns around and fires the first round out of his grakata which hits me cancelling my would be shot that would have killed him (and recharged my health cause' life strike), but instead my frame starts blocking while having channeling on draining me of all my energy, you probably know how this ends... This was on ESO btw.

Considering that this is a mobility focused game it seems a very uninformed choice to include a feature that can lock you into a staggered blocking animation (you know the one that stops you in your tracks somewhat similarly to blocking a heavy gunner slam, but this time it triggers on normal bullets because why not) that you could have avoided before if you kept being mobile.

I sincerely hope that autoblocking is not going to stay for long, but even if it does just let us turn it off completely, options never hurt anyone. Besides manual blocking gave melee combat the much needed depth that just isn't there anymore, blocking a volley of shots from multiple enemies who are scattered around the room while running from cover to cover in order to close the gap was so much more engaging than : point at enemy and it has a chance of interrupting your attacks and/ or movement.

On a completely different note, its horribly stupid at detecting what it should try and not try blocking, since it tried to block a damn slash proc alredy on my frame locking me out of melee in completely until the proc was over. Before you could use blocking somewhat tacticly predicting large chunks of incoming damage and block when it was needed, but now? It just feels like something that you had to come up with overnight to meet a quota of changes, it definitly does not seem like a change that was made for actual use and is just there for the sake of being there.

In theese past years following warframe I've seen you do much better with reworks, additional mechanincs and so on, so this just doesn't seem like a well informed decision compared to what was shown in an older devstream last year regarding unifying stances and their combos, back then it seemed like this rework had some direction where it was headed, but now with the first part of the changes it just makes no sense, admittedly its probably the lack of the rest of the changes but still. So far it only degraded the melee experience in general.

I just hope that this rant did not sound exceptionally hostile it wasn't meant to be that way.

Edited by Novahkiiin
typo

It's great that we can extract individually from endless missions, a change I been waiting for years.

That said, DE forgot about individual exaction from POE or Orb Vallis bounties. When I want to leave, but the rest of the group keeps activating missions, that's the same problem as with the endless missions. I being held hostage.

• Like 1

Just now, Warfoxzero said:

It's great that we can extract individually from endless missions, a change I been waiting for years.

That said, DE forgot about individual exaction from POE or Orb Vallis bounties. When I want to leave, but the rest of the group keeps activating missions, that's the same problem as with the endless missions. I being held hostage.

You can just leave the squad, that will make you go into solo and then you can just leave. Still, being able to do this without forcing host migration (while host) to others would be nice.

12 minutes ago, Rodziak said:

You can just leave the squad, that will make you go into solo and then you can just leave. Still, being able to do this without forcing host migration (while host) to others would be nice.

oh wow, just tried it and it doesn't make you fail anymore. Thanks.

FEEDBACK on numinous topics at current build 

Controller use

• fixed aim issue 
  • channeling is hard to use on xbox, must hold toggle and HIT with b , hard to do as thumb does both, suggesting make channel a on /off toggle mode  
  • operator mode unable to melee hit 

Hildryn:

• unable to use 2 in 4 mode
  • 1&4 together rapidly drain shields in seconds if charge firing , some synergy or efficiency needs to be implemented 
  • while I find her a fun frame to use her 4 animation is a bit slow on decast 
  • 2 visual bug if cast and go into 4 then out recast inverts ring and requires 2 casts total to make it functional as prior
  • 4 mode unable to use any weapons besides 1 , but heavy drain of 1 in this mode is bad, suggesting allow primary weapon use in this mode
  • 3 is a nice move but needs more scalability as it drops off fast 

Tatsu

• two passives is nice , the design is well done
  • overall stats is weaker then the skijiiati ( for a bigger weapon it is not balanced right in terms of output and needs more to it) i suggest buff stats more so and up MR rank 
  • the wave attack only pulls from base elemental mods , not damage mods or anything else , and waves base damage is to LOW , needs to be higher or at least equal to the base damage total to useful and have the two kill stacks visible on recticle like battacor (and apply some multiple damage to it at stages 1 initial 2 is 2x stronger as an example) 
  • overall the weapon is under-powered and the wave strike is under-powered

Operation:

• canister after fissure is visible as "empty" 
  • canister becomes immune to vazarine healing randomly 
  • cannot see total of score only when stages are met please make a counter visible 

~best regards as always mako