Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Patch 24.4.0 - Mesa's Peacemaker not working anymore as intended

AnoDarkrai

Hey Tenno,

Peacemaker is already a strong ability and the use of Arcane Velocity simply turned that up to 11. While this change was not intended, after some internal back and forth we have made the decision to keep this change. We feel that the two combined makes the already top tier Peacemaker over the top. It still works with Peacemaker, Peacemaker simply cannot trigger it.

We will be editing the patch notes to reflect this.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Tenno,

Peacemaker is already a strong ability and the use of Arcane Velocity simply turned that up to 11. While this change was not intended, after some internal back and forth we have made the decision to keep this change. We feel that the two combined makes the already top tier Peacemaker over the top. It still works with Peacemaker, Peacemaker simply cannot trigger it.

Does DE know this is the only reason to equip Arcane Velocity? Arcane Precision sees no use and is unwanted simply because Peacemaker can't hit headshots. It's nice to have Arcanes with niche uses. Imagine we get an exalted sniper rifle and it's worse than Rubico Prime because you can't use Arcane Momentum. This precedent is a rocky road, and I hope we can use Arcanes for Ivara, Titania, Valkyr, Excalibur, Wukong, etc. We need more uses for each individual enhancement, not forcing the same 3 to be optimal.

Hildryn is a great example of this as she popularized the commerce of Arcane Aegis and Barrier given her niche with shields. Those are the things that benefit the Arcane system, not stuff like this. If anything, this just reduces diversity. It was cool sacrificing some eHP/QoL for DPS based on the mission.  

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Guardian + Grace/Energize/Another Guardian. Uninteresting, but that's all we have these days.

I think at the moment I have Grace and an r1 Guardian on. I could throw an unranked Energize on, that should help enough. 

9 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Tenno,

I want to point out that the current implementation of arcanes with exalted weapons is consistently inconsistent. Please decide if you want them to work with exalted weapons or not and update them all accordingly. Personally, I would prefer they did as it makes it much simpler to figure out what is going to impact your abilities but if you are going to continue on this path of one off exceptions please add in game language to their descriptions that they do not work with exalted weapons.It is getting harder and harder to track all of these exceptions and how their interactions work.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

I want to point out that the current implementation of arcanes with exalted weapons is consistently inconsistent. Please decide if you want them to work with exalted weapons or not and update them all accordingly. Personally, I would prefer they did as it makes it much simpler to figure out what is going to impact your abilities but if you are going to continue on this path of one off exceptions please add in game language to their descriptions that they do not work with exalted weapons.It is getting harder and harder to track all of these exceptions and how their interactions work.

I will relay this back to the team. Thank you for the feedback.

• Like 9

48 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

It still works with Peacemaker, Peacemaker simply cannot trigger it.

I thought that is always the case? So it got changed somewhere previously and people are now used to it triggering the arcane eh? lol

vor 1 Stunde schrieb [DE]Bear:

Hey Tenno,

And again a nerf to build variety. This is not great at all.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ADHE710 said:

A lot of frames dont do enough damage to kill high level targets , people complain about that and they are still nerfing them. 

LISTEN TO YOUR COMMUNITY PLS 

To be fair, Mesa is the only frame impacted by this and she has no problem dealing with high level enemies.

i checked with my excalibur , is all the exalted weapons . Im using arcane fury and arcane strike rank 3 and im unable to proc it with my exalted blade . Before the melee 2.9 update i was able to proc it very easilly and now its IMPOSIBLE. You can only proc it with your standart melee weapon. And the same thing happens with valkyr or wukong 😕 

Edited by ADHE710
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ADHE710 said:

i checked with my excalibur , is all the exalted weapons . Im using arcane fury and arcane strike rank 3 and im unable to proc it with my exalted blade . Before the melee 2.9 update i was able to proc it very easilly and now its IMPOSIBLE. You can only proc it with your standart melee weapon

Nothing in this thread indicates that this is intended to be for every exalted weapon. Even Bear's response specifically calls out the peacemaker interaction.

1 hour ago, [DE]Bear said:

I will relay this back to the team. Thank you for the feedback.

Do we know if this change is intended for all exalted weapons going forward?

2 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Tenno,

Why don't you tweak the ability instead of making the arcane even less useful than before? Has that come around in your intense sessions of "back and forth"? I'm legit curious 

• Like 3

hace 22 minutos, xRufus7x dijo:

Nothing in this thread indicates that this is intended to be for every exalted weapon. Even Bear's response specifically calls out the peacemaker interaction.

Dude, i  use umbra with those arcanes like for 3 months and the problem started with the new melee update. 

• Like 1

hace 26 minutos, xRufus7x dijo:

Another user in the first page of this website called Nazzami is saying the same. Is not only a problem with mesa, is a problem with ALL EXALTED WEAPONS 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hey Tenno,

So, what does this interaction actually break? What makes it so OP that you have to nerf it instead of fixing it? Mesa is still going to be the unchallenged queen of Index. She is still going to be an excellent room clearer. Hell, Arcane Velocity is not even in the top 10 list of most OP things in the game. I've literally never seen anyone complaining how it ruins the game for anyone. This interaction was never an issue.

This won't change the balance in any shape or form. All you've done is made an Arcane go form being useful on a total of 2 frames (Mesa and Titania) from not being worth using on any. You've ruined the fun of Mesa and Titania mains (I'm the latter), made an Arcane that people work hard to grind out or payed quite a bit of plat to buy worth nothing and for what? You achieved nothing positive.

I'm just bummed out. When I saw that it no longer works with Titania after the update, it was very annoying but I was like "eh, whatever, you need to break some eggs to make an omelet, they gonna fix it within a week or so". Now that I know that it'll never get fixed because you nerfed it for absolutely no real reason, I'm... I'm just not in the mood to log in. Like, at all. There's an event, stuff I'd need to do but... I'm just not in the mood anymore. I expect a certain other company, rhyming with electric farts, to have the "fun detected, fun nerfed" approach, not you. I'm just immensely disappointed.

This is the exact same nonsense that we had a month or two back with Helios. Nerfing for the sake of nerfing for absolutely no objective reason. Why?

• Like 5

hace 5 minutos, Warfoki dijo:

So, what does this interaction actually break? What makes it so OP that you have to nerf it instead of fixing it? Mesa is still going to be the unchallenged queen of Index. She is still going to be an excellent room clearer. Hell, Arcane Velocity is not even in the top 10 list of most OP things in the game. I've literally never seen anyone complaining how it ruins the game for anyone. This interaction was never an issue.

This won't change the balance in any shape or form. All you've done is made an Arcane go form being useful on a total of 2 frames (Mesa and Titania) from not being worth using on any. You've ruined the fun of Mesa and Titania mains (I'm the latter), made an Arcane that people work hard to grind out or payed quite a bit of plat to buy worth nothing and for what? You achieved nothing positive.

I'm just bummed out. When I saw that it no longer works with Titania after the update, it was very annoying but I was like "eh, whatever, you need to break some eggs to make an omelet, they gonna fix it within a week or so". Now that I know that it'll never get fixed because you nerfed it for absolutely no real reason, I'm... I'm just not in the mood to log in. Like, at all. There's an event, stuff I'd need to do but... I'm just not in the mood anymore. I expect a certain other company, rhyming with electric farts, to have the "fun detected, fun nerfed" approach, not you. I'm just immensely disappointed.

This is the exact same nonsense that we had a month or two back with Helios. Nerfing for the sake of nerfing for absolutely no objective reason. Why?

I agree with you,this is getting out of hands 

• Like 5