Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.4.1

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, Drex83 said:

While I'm sure it's not high on the priority list, I'd like to put it out there that Steam Controller support is now broken. Pulling out a melee weapon is supposed to change to a melee weapon action set. I'm not sure what's happening with the new system but something isn't firing on all eight cylinders, movement/aiming works, but some of the face buttons and triggers all go dead, only thing you can really do is hit Y and change back to a gun. Also this will effect any player using Steam to handle their controller profile as well whether it's a Steam controller or not

I rely on the Steam controller profile writer in order to make my game work. Due to Steam's override of a game's onboard controller support, this is causing all of the problems described here and more. When I'm in melee mode I cannot swing, I cannot aim, all I can do is toggle channeling, jump, switch weapons, select and use abilities, and move my camera and frame with the sticks. The reason for all this is because the major, important commands for the "Melee Mode" profile no longer exist and they were not updated for the new change. The writer also does not have new commands that were previously unavailable in Melee Mode (namely, Aim and Fire).

This is, sadly, exactly what I said would happen and what I pleaded for DE to ensure wouldn't happen when they posted their development workshop about this phase. There are a few ways to fix this but all of them are out of my hands. They all rely on DE updating the profile writer with the correct commands so we can create a profile that actually works with the bloody game.

The worst part is, I built my playstyle primarily around melee and now the thing I used the most is dead and I feel naked as a result. While it may or may not be high on the priority list, I plead once again to whoever at DE handles this, PLEASE update the profile writer so it's useable again. Even if you fix all the issues for normal controller users, those of us who are reliant on Steam's controller support will not be able to use melee until you do.

Guys I just logged in to check the new melee system but I'm getting confused about the quick melee.

Even if I switch to the old configuration using the new option, the quick melee doesn't work anymore, when I tap E for a single melee strike, he switches to full melee mode instead, and that's not what I want. So to quickly smash open a container, I have to tap E and then right click to go back to gun mode, it's a bit annoying.

Also, I can't see how to draw out the melee weapon with the switching weapon animation, are they no longer available? Cuz back then I have bought some alternate holster style for some of my melee weapons, and it was cool to draw out my melee weapon the way I wanted, when I wanted.

13 minutes ago, Heidelgard said:

Guys I just logged in to check the new melee system but I'm getting confused about the quick melee.

Even if I switch to the old configuration using the new option, the quick melee doesn't work anymore, when I tap E for a single melee strike, he switches to full melee mode instead, and that's not what I want. So to quickly smash open a container, I have to tap E and then right click to go back to gun mode, it's a bit annoying.

Also, I can't see how to draw out the melee weapon with the switching weapon animation, are they no longer available? Cuz back then I have bought some alternate holster style for some of my melee weapons, and it was cool to draw out my melee weapon the way I wanted, when I wanted.

I think you're missing the point of the new system, you don't have to fully equip melee anymore. You press E to swing quick melee like usual, then you just hold onto the weapon and your gun is holstered, (with no wait time between changing weapons) and can keep swinging with your stance. Channeling is no longer on left click, so to go back to your gun you don't have to change weapons at all, you just left click and you'll instantly pull your gun and fire it with no wait time at all. You don't even have to hit aim to pull your gun back out unless it's visually annoying you somehow, the next time you left click you're going to instantly pull it out and fire on your crosshair either way

I've found and scanned all 16 data-hashes, but they didn't count on the objective screen nor will the 16-tumbler code work.

I can't say enough how disappointed I am in this new event. It's bad enough that I'm stuck grinding out Nightwave, now I'm stuck with disappearing canisters and the broken data-hashes.
I'm going to be beyond pissed if I have to do EVERYTHING over again --- I'm just not enjoying all this work/grind.

Best regards. :loka::perrin::redveil:

2 minutes ago, Drex83 said:

I think you're missing the point of the new system, you don't have to fully equip melee anymore. You press E to swing quick melee like usual, then you just hold onto the weapon and your gun is holstered, and can keep swinging with your stance. Channeling is no longer on left click, so to go back to your gun you don't have to change weapons at all, you just left click and you'll instantly pull your gun and fire it with no wait time at all

I understand but I forgot to mention one thing, I used to play melee with the left mouse click, so back then I was switching to full melee by holding down E and then melee combos with left click. And I could easily quick melee by tapping E while using a gun. 

Now if I tap E I'm forced to remain in full melee, unless I right click to aim, so he switches back to gun mode. I used to play comfortably like that with my keybindings, because I don't like to keep tapping E to play melee. And now it's a bit more complicated, well at least for me and the way I used to play.  ☹️

Forced to switch to DX10 from DX11, why? Can't launch game with DX11. I'm running 64bit btw. Wth with the Shield gate on lures but not on frames XD? Randomly teleporting Eidolons? Meteoric Dash can't hit even if you're in front of the foot of the Eidolon?

53 hotfixes since chimera update and still no fix for melee locking your movement and momentum isn't working. melee is literally unplayable at it's current state. 

Sword and shield's shields are being holstered too high despite using final harbinger whereas before it lowers the shield towards the hand when you start swinging.

Before chimera update:

koQE7oR.jpg

now:

DzgfwBv.jpg

• atlas's loincloth is buggy when using weapons like heavy blade swords and single handed pistols.

dNke1V0.jpg

Qkd3pWl.jpg

• War's blade energy not displaying while having mara detron equipped

kfFWofD.jpg

ZVigYoT.jpg

• perla pistol skin is bugged for arca sisco, stubba,euphona prime, and pandero once again.

arca sisco

weQR1tX.jpg

stubba

BIKSuEO.jpg

euphona prime

40bpwuK.jpg

pandero

eG4ibse.jpg

Failed to start process for Warframe:

''Access is denied.'' (0x5)

--- ive reinstalled , rebooted, my machine is directx12 , a xeon cpu way over the min spec you listed!

everything was working fine before this update, and id just bought a load of boosters today. have no-idea what to do now 

5 hours ago, cratelord said:

I thought the same thing too. 

But as it turns out, when i read the arcane again, it says you have to AIM GLIDE.

I really really hate that. Now I cant use the slow projectile anymore...

But before this update, after double jump or bullet jump and then melee it works don't have to F#%*7!! AIM GLIDE.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Exodia_Contagion

So.. i'd like to begin with a bug i found: while in a fisure survival mission the host left and i stayed (bless u for that <3) and once the migration was completed it seemed that the game unequiped my melee weapon's stance, i had a paracesis with tempo royale but none of the other combos worked, just the first one, if that makes sense. If that could be looked into i'll be happy

Another topic i would like to point out is about blocking with this new melee system: i know that blocking is auto while the weapon is drawn, however to draw your melee weapon you have to attack with it first which is really inconvinient for slow weapons, and makes mods like parry and guardian derision really hard to use properly.

I suggest that the player can draw melee weapons by pressing the channeling bind key, like that players can quickly get their swords or whatever in hand to block and return at any time to their firearms by pressing the fire button. Other alternative is to just have a block bind.

And before i forget, it seems that firearms with alt-fires can't shoot them with a melee weapon in hands, so... please fix

I know that there are more serious problems, but this my contribution with the little i played this new update and i wanted to point out those little details that get overlooked, i hope it helps.

Archived