Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prisma Grinlok

Duality52

After checking the Codex, the Prisma Grinlok popped up. It can also be linked too.

2C883F0845331ECB1A7D9E1F424B8DD8A88433B3 (1280Ã720)

Differences:

• Same damage, but Slash and Impact damage got swapped around.
  • 21% Crit Chance > 15% Crit Chance
  • 2.9 Crit Multiplier > 2.5 Crit Multiplier
  • 37% Status Chance > 35% Status Chance
  • 21 Magazine Size >> 9 
  • Lower Accuracy (32 < 44)

These stats should've been what Semi-Autos should have all this time. Nevertheless, I'm eager to use the Grinlok once more!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

After checking the Codex, the Prisma Grinlok popped up. It can also be linked too.

Differences:

• 21 Magazine Size >> 9 

These stats should've been what Semi-Autos should have all this time. Nevertheless, I'm eager to use the Grinlok once more!

NOICE stat

20 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

Differences:

• 21 Magazine Size >> 9 

Greater Range?

51 minutes ago, Duality52 said:
  • 21 Magazine Size >> 9 

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

this is legit the best news all week! my beloved Grinlok is gonna get an upgrade! EVEN MORE CRIT HOT DAMN!

Image result for steve mcmahon gif

Next best thing to a VELDT PRIME.

I'm delighted, especially as I have two good  rivens for it already *.  The increased crit% will get me over 100% without using Point Strike.  Which was like, my biggest gripe with the weapon: that its slow RoF  made me really want reliable crits, but it took 2 mods plus a good riven to get there.  

And of course, the higher crit multiplier and better slash is gravy.

But...

6 hours ago, Duality52 said:

These stats should've been what Semi-Autos should have all this time.

Yeah. These weapons really need some help, whether it's better stats or some sort of gimmick.  They have a few advantages over AoE and spray weapons, but those advantages aren't important in most situations, and where they are important... there just isn't much that isn't covered far better by Snipers.

As cool as it is, I think nearly everybody will master the Prislok and move on, while a very few of us are happily plinking away with it.

* It was so surreal watching trade chat get absolutely bombed last night with "WTB GRINLOK RIVENS". 😛

• Like 1

13 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Let them have their victory.  They've earned it through their suffering.

I could give it a try if this grinlok had some special abilities like the buzlock or the sobek but for now its damage it's so low compared to sniper rifles and his usability only slightly better.

Edited by bibmobello

Playing around with it, besides getting more consistent crits (which is great), it's still a rather subpar rifle (even if it's fun). Yes, it hits rather hard, and the magsize increase is nice for sure, but it doesn't really... fit, so to speak, with its incredibly low RoF (it's slower than Snipers, for example). Thus, some buff-suggestions (on top of their current stats):

Grilnok

• Base critchance increased to 23% (up from 15%) - This allows its augment + Point Strike to guaranteed critical hits.
  • RoF increased to 2,0 (from 1,67) - Makes it better for Warframes' combat pacing.

Prisma Grinlok

• Base critchance increased to 34% (up from 21%) - This allows guaranteed crits with the augment alone (freeing a modslot, giving better room for modding-diversity)!
  • RoF increased to 2,67 (from 1,67) - Makes it better for Warframes' combat pacing.

• Like 1